Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-02-2011, 9:08 AM Reply   
ok, i have an 09 enzo, currently i have 6 skylon r125ib's on a m600.6 jl. a mhd600.4 running on pair of xm7 exiles on the tower and a m1700 jl for the sub, i need a sub. i am keeping all my amps and buying anymore amps are not in the question. I listen to everything, so my thoughts are a 12' sub aprox 700w on the m1700. Any sugestions would be great. Oh, sealed or not to seal? Thanks Doug
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-02-2011, 11:28 AM Reply   
Doug - Here's a pic of the sub I suggested on the phone this morning. The Xi12D will match up well at 2 ohms to the existing amplifier. I'll leave it to the forum to chime in on sealed vrs non sealed. You know where I stand on that.

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

Cheers,

-Brian

Last edited by brianinpdx; 03-02-2011 at 11:29 AM. Reason: ..
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-02-2011, 11:55 AM Reply   
Doug,
As I understand it you have a ton of room underneath the drivers side console in an Enzo. So you should be able to fit a substantial enclosure in there and completely conceal it from view if you choose that route. For a ton of ouput you could run a side-firing bass-reflex 12-inch for example. For a subwoofer that reaches down to the very lowest possible registers you could run a side-firing sealed 13-inch. I would begin by first establishing what my maximum enclosure dimensions would be given the space and obstacles and let that dictate the best woofer option. From there we know that your amplifier is optimized with a 2-ohm woofer and we want a woofer that is not over the top in mass. We need to balance its thermal capacity with how easy it is for that particular amplifier to drive.
David
Earmark Marine
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-02-2011, 12:02 PM Reply   
Hey Brian, that's a sleek looking sub!

What's the RMS rating on that one?