Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       04-29-2020, 2:23 AM Reply   
I currently have the Ronix One bindings and love their comfort and support. My only problem is that they are not even 2 years old and the outside shell is starting to show damage and they aren't as supportive as they used to be. I have an older pair of Ronix Frank bindings and they got to the point where they lost their ankle support entirely.

Anyway, I am thinking about buying new bindings. I have never tried the Hyperlite Systems but I was wondering how they hold up over time and their comfort. Do they maintain their support better than Ronix or do all wakeboard bindings break in and lose support over time and use? If anybody has experience with both bindings or the webb systems over time, leave a comment. Thanks!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-07-2020, 9:48 AM Reply   
I love my system pro’s. . I was a big Ronix binding lover since they began their company. The Cells were my first closed toe ever. I found riding hard tho i’d maybe get season and half before they would start to break down.

The systems take little longer to put on , but comfort is worth it. The customization and fit is way better than any closed toe I’ve ever worn. You’re really locked in all around. I don’t think I’d ever go back. The boots themselves tend to last a little longer because not all the pressure is on the boot constantly to break it down. It’s split between the ratchets and boots. I also like the responses from the systems. I’ve come out of the systems on hard crashes , the ratchets will release if your take that awkward hard digger. I get much less toe bang with the systems too.
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-08-2020, 1:48 AM Reply   
Which boots do you use? I was talking to a friend after I posted this that said the Webb boots had no support, but he was using the lowbacks. So he decided to go back to the traditional boots.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       06-13-2020, 4:00 AM Reply   
I ride the Ronix RXT on boat and the HL Webb/Lowbacks on cable. I've had One boots in the past. To me, you can't beat Ronix for boat. Do they wear out eventually? Yes. I'd say they're good for about 80-90 days on water (about 2 seasons for me). By then they're probably pretty soft and maybe tearing/unstitching a few places. In my book, it's still money well spent.

I've ridden my Webb/Lowback setup on boat and it just felt weird to be honest. I didn't like the feeling of the lowback into the back of my ankle on some landings and when edging. This might be fixed with getting the highback version of the bindings. For cable they're awesome. Right amount of flex, never have to walk barefoot, lots of performance with the straps cranked. If I go big on the kickers, I do feel some of the same issues as I feel on boat but I'm willing to set that aside for the rest of what they offer on cable.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-16-2020, 6:35 AM Reply   
I run the Kruz boot with System pro. Plenty of support.

The Webb boot was the most flexible and low cut boot in the line. So of course there isn’t a ton of support. Especially running a low back binding. So if he went from a Webb to say a Ronix one it’s going to feel way more supportive.