Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-06-2019, 1:40 PM Reply   
Just saw Nautique released a new boat, thebG23 Paragonvand I came over to WW and there wasn’t even a thread yet. Anyone have any more info? I heard in Canada it will be in the $300k price range.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       10-06-2019, 3:21 PM Reply   
US MSRP $265K. Does look amazing, and I'm sure it will be. But what da fuq?!

Love their old ltd edition Paragon, super classy.
Old     (Squamer)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-06-2019, 10:15 PM Reply   
265K..... Jesus
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       10-07-2019, 12:59 AM Reply   
I could almost justify the high price IF it was basically a loaded boat with few or no options, but it has nearly as many options as a typical G23! You can't even get the Phender Pro standard!!! Overall my first impressions are it's a good looking redesign of the aesthetic aspects of the hull, but it also gives a hat tip to the Pavati for sure. All the flat panels and angles included even on the tower and speakers look very familiar. I'm curios to know how it got 1500# heavier in dry weight, but the ballast system got 600# lighter!?!

Word is they will build 49 for 2020... I don't see that happening, much less that many being sold. The market for this boat is VERY small IMHO and let's face it... The original Paragon is so sought after because of it's VERY limited production AND the fact it had real wood built into the aesthetics!
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-07-2019, 1:30 AM Reply   
When something is priced crazy high my dad always says, "Not bad for half the price. Too bad, it's not half the price."

P.s. It has the same steering wheel as my 2014. Wonder how they decide what to upgrade and what not to...
Old     (ATB0713)      Join Date: Oct 2013 Location: Massachusetts       10-07-2019, 3:22 AM Reply   
$265k??? That's unnecessary.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-07-2019, 6:10 AM Reply   
So you’re saying I can buy 3 of these for the price of one paragon?
Is the Paragon 3 times the boat at the same length? Doubt it.
https://www.onlyinboards.com/2013-Su...on-101059.aspx
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-07-2019, 6:46 AM Reply   
That Telescoping tower is brilliant. Other than that I dont get the price.
Old     (ATB0713)      Join Date: Oct 2013 Location: Massachusetts       10-07-2019, 7:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexlex01 View Post
So you’re saying I can buy 3 of these for the price of one paragon?
Is the Paragon 3 times the boat at the same length? Doubt it.
https://www.onlyinboards.com/2013-Su...on-101059.aspx
AGREED!!!!! Never buy a new boat again. I could buy a 2 bedroom house w/ an acre of land for that price.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-07-2019, 7:45 AM Reply   
Whatever the price, the boat is bad a**. I think the reference to the 280k Pavati makes the most sense. Some people just have crazy amounts of money to spend and want the best. I would much rather have this with it's history, proven manufacturing, etc than a Pavati.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-07-2019, 8:08 AM Reply   
Nautique MC Bu Tige etc can all F off. Sorry yeah I am a hater lololl
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-07-2019, 8:50 AM Reply   
Nobody talked about it on here but the new M240 Malibu just released is 270K

They have all lost their minds.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-08-2019, 2:20 AM Reply   
All you have to do is wait until the babyboomers are all on their death beds. Boats, classic cars, motorcycles will all be CHEAP!
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-08-2019, 2:52 AM Reply   
You have to respect these boats for what they are. They are over the top. It is a testing ground for new technology that will trickle its way down into the everyday models. Only a few of these boats will actually be purchased by the guy that has to have the biggest and baddest out there, but we will see a lot of these changes in the G23 over the next few years.

Same story with Malibu's super boat, the M240. It is not the boat for the everyday wakeboarder. Very few wakeboarders will ever even get to ride behind one, but their is a guy out there with money to burn and he is funding experimentation by the engineers.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-08-2019, 3:56 AM Reply   
holy ****! does it come with a stripper?
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-08-2019, 6:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
holy ****! does it come with a stripper?
At that price it's no longer called a stripper.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-08-2019, 7:13 AM Reply   
The guy who just bought a 160k G23 is going WHAT!!!! My boat is now a Entry level Nautique. LOL LOL LOL

That said a Guy on my lake has a Pavati. In fact he has had 2 now. IMO I would Way rather have this then a Pavati any day. If only for the fact that this Paragon can be taken to a dealer 1 hr away and have any and all warranty work completed.

I always thought their was a Market for Ultra Premium brand VERSIONS of the Big 3's boats. BMW has "M", Benze has "AMG", Ford "SVT", Dodge "SRT", so it makes sense to have a off shoot,

In the past Nautique has done specialty versions Example the "Beyerly eddition 210" pretty much the same old 210 with a sticker kit on it Woooo Hoo> Its nice to see a step up
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-09-2019, 3:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
Nobody talked about it on here but the new M240 Malibu just released is 270K

They have all lost their minds.
At least that price on the Malibu M240 is for a loaded boat with a trailer.

If you load up the paragon G23, and put a trailer under it, the MSRP climbs all the way up to $315-$320k
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       10-09-2019, 5:07 AM Reply   
people spending 260k on a wakeboat toy are not going to balk if the price jumps to 310. I bet these are cash transactions for the dealer.

rumors on the moomba forum are that half sold in the first hour of release. dealers should have had the inside track on these a while ago and a good sales team have already scoured their clients that truly can put this boat in their garage and had buyers lined up already.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       10-09-2019, 10:01 AM Reply   
Does anyone remember a few years ago when owning a 100k boat was absurd but now it's the norm? Good times good times
Old     (Squamer)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-09-2019, 9:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
Does anyone remember a few years ago when owning a 100k boat was absurd but now it's the norm? Good times good times
haha yes, in 2013 my Centurion MSRP was 101k fully loaded and I thought that was outrageous. Now I cant even get into a 3 year old used model!
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       10-10-2019, 2:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squamer View Post
haha yes, in 2013 my Centurion MSRP was 101k fully loaded and I thought that was outrageous. Now I cant even get into a 3 year old used model!
That's what has me on the fence about upgrading. I want to but the prices getting stoopid
Old     (all2matt)      Join Date: Apr 2015       10-25-2019, 1:54 PM Reply   
Prices are getting STOOPID or just SLIGHTLY STOOPID?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-25-2019, 2:59 PM Reply   
Saw them in concert 2 years ago. Good show.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-26-2019, 5:09 PM Reply   
People crying about the M240 and paragon existing is ridiculous. It would be like complaining that a Lamborghini exists. It is not a daily driver or a ride for the everyday man. They are purposely over the top. They are a test of engineering departments. For less than 80k you can have a brand new 2020 boat that will absolutely clear a path between you and a pro tour win. These are luxury machines where new tech can be tested that will trickle down into the daily drivers.
Old     (ATB0713)      Join Date: Oct 2013 Location: Massachusetts       10-29-2019, 12:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by all2matt View Post
Prices are getting STOOPID or just SLIGHTLY STOOPID?
LOVE that band!
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-29-2019, 6:42 AM Reply   
No one is crying...it’s just The G23 was already a Lamborghini without a folding tower minus $100k. Do the math.

Last edited by rexlex01; 10-29-2019 at 6:45 AM.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-29-2019, 8:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexlex01 View Post
No one is crying...it’s just The G23 was already a Lamborghini without a folding tower minus $100k. Do the math.
Compare the dry weights. 7,400lbs vs 5,900lbs. They aren't the same boat.

$169,000 is the G23 with the 409 engine. The Paragon is standard with the 575 engine.

Personally, I don't see either model as a good value. But you could quickly tally up the $100k in the differences.

Last edited by skiboarder; 10-29-2019 at 8:10 AM.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-29-2019, 11:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
Compare the dry weights. 7,400lbs vs 5,900lbs. They aren't the same boat.

$169,000 is the G23 with the 409 engine. The Paragon is standard with the 575 engine.

Personally, I don't see either model as a good value. But you could quickly tally up the $100k in the differences.
G23 with added options to make it equipped the same as a standard Paragon brings the MSRP up to about 193k. (XR7, Studio Elite, Strapless racks, 4x tower speakers, enhanced courtesy lighting, and a couple other small options).

That leaves a price difference of 72k. That is a huge difference for what you get...….

The weight difference thing is laughable. They are purposefully making it heavier, to minimize the effect of the upcoming ballast limits/regulation a lot of us are going to see. You will see this happening a lot on future redesigns. It's not necessarily a good thing, and the Paragon is very lethargic when empty, compared to the G23. You notice the heft.....

Ridiculously cool boat though, and some buyers will just decide they need it, and don't care about the price difference.

The choice is no different than deciding to buy a G23 over a Moomba Max.
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       11-06-2019, 7:02 AM Reply   
Forgot the power tower for 2020, that’s not standard in g - so that’s another 10k guessing msrp, steer assist (if standard on paragon) another 10k.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-06-2019, 10:45 AM Reply   
The very same people HERE complained about wanting a “Budget wakeboard boat” then the Wake Tractor (heyday) came out and the very same Bitches complained it was ULGY or Cost to much. Let’s face it if you can barely afford a 99 Direct Drive, why are u upset at the cost of a $260k boat. Do you get mad at the prices of more expensive Homes in a better hood then you? We get it you can’t afford it or you don’t see the value. Move on enjoy your set up “your killing it” for a fraction of the price your the man
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       12-12-2019, 2:15 AM Reply   
I just had the pleasure of driving, riding in and surfing behind the Paragon in Orlando with Nautique and John Akerman, I can tell you this boat lives up to all it's hype. I was initially skeptical to the price point and 'how can it be that much better than the G23?' While it is a Super Air Nautique G23 Paragon, it's fundamentally different than the G.

From the hull design, to new interior features and an amazing new screen interface, this is a new boat. I was initially super impressed at how well it handled. I currently own a 2018 G23 and was thinking that due to the increased weight I should feel a difference in performance. There was none, Nautique's new electric steering was mind blowing. You can drive with your pinky finger!

The tower was super impressive. We drove around with it lowered and everyone loved it. I'd likely keep it down often out on the water, both because it creates a cool vibe but also to keep that much more sun off everyone. I also dig that the tower speakers then become more a part of the in-boat speakers.
Secondly, if you were to get caught in a rain storm, you could quickly lower the tower and speed back to the dock while keeping most of the elements out of the cabin area. Or, in the fall when you are extending your season, keep it low, heat the seats and keep more of the warm air coming out of the blowers in the boat.

Speaking of speakers......the wake subs? AWESOME! It's incredible! I have the Studio Elite and two subs in my G23 and dig the sound. But having that much additional bass while you are in the back of the boat, either hanging out on the platform, surfing or relaxing in the reclining seats (which are very, very comfortable btw) is sweet!

I wasn't initially sold on the reclining seats either. I've honestly never been that much of a fan of any seats in the back of the boat. We rarely go to the sand bar or sit idle that often. But, sitting in them was great. They are super comfortable and I know my wife would dig them for sure!

The Link Panoray was awesome too. You can get to any menu in one click and the manipulation of the surf wave is a breeze. One of the biggest issues I have on my G23 is how steep the wave is for other riders. While I love the wave and steepness/lip, my buddy who owns a new Malibu struggles with it some as do beginners to surfing. It's more challenging for them to hold an edge while the Malibu wave is more forgiving. That said, in my G, I am manipulating NSS and NCRS to accommodate my rider. The Paragon tech now offers a 0 - 10 setting to control the wave while providing a visual of the wave on the screen. Takes so much guess work out. So..now, choose your wave shape, adjust weight and speed and you are done. You've removed two components and some guesswork. Brilliant.

Let's talk wave. It's whatever you want it to be! For reference, in my G, I run full ballast and 500 lbs of lead (sometimes 1000 if we are really short on crew). Remember, the Paragon offers a wave setting of 0 - 10. When the wave was set at 6 or 7, it felt very similar to my G23 wave, only longer. The wave shape (lip) and feel was immediately comfortable for me. Thad dialed it back to 0 to give me that feel and while it lost some of the push, it also took the steepness out providing a beginner with a perfect wave to learn on. Or those in another brand that don't prefer a steep wave. So, the takeaway here is that you can easily accommodate any rider in a few finger presses.
Then, we rolled it up to 10 and I was totally blown away. It was unbelievably tall, but also steep. The great news here is that if 7 is my comfort zone in my surf session behind the boat (being similar to the G23 wave) it tells me that there is a LOT of room to grow with that wave! I only wish I could have spent an entire day or weekend in the boat to get more time at the higher settings.

Another guy wakeboarded behind the boat. He is coming off a G25 and was absolutely thrilled with the wake as well.

All in all, I was overly impressed. If you can, get yourself in one at a boat show and more importantly on the water. Boat show will give you the visual aspect, but this boat should be ridden in to get the full experience. You'll thank yourself later!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-12-2019, 4:23 AM Reply   
My experience was very similar in all aspects except we could never get the wave mellowed out enough-even at level 0. Like the rest of the G series, that boat is best for steep, surf style. Not as much fun for skim style. Like trying to surf a square curb. I wish it could be adjusted for big, but less steep. You pretty much just have the option of big and steep or small and steep.

The level of fit and finish is unsurpassed though. Beyond impressive. Wakeboarding-speed wakes looked awesome.
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       12-12-2019, 7:19 AM Reply   
Thought I’d add a few pics of the boat and John surfing.
Attached Images

Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       12-20-2019, 2:27 AM Reply   
G25 Paragon. Dafuq?!
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       12-22-2019, 3:39 PM Reply   
I'd heartily echo the thoughts on the tech, fit/finish and wave of the Paragon. Not much out there on the wakeboard wake, so thought I'd add in my thoughts. I ride 4-5 days a week behind my G23, so very familiar with the wake the boat can produce from stock all the way to slammed. I rode the Paragon with stock ballast full, 7 adults and 2 kids in the boat (estimated total weight 10,750), and my usual speed and length (22.8mph at 72.5'). The wake was much bigger than my usual wake with crew of four and 1150 over stock (estimated 10,500 total weight). It also had bit more transition/ramp than the normal G23 wake, reminded me more of the 15 and earlier G23 wakeboard wake. I would say the lip was not as ultra-firm as the standard G23, but it didn't feel 'soft' at all and I actually liked that it wasn't as aggressive of a kick. Still had LOTS of pop and was going much higher than normal from the very first hit, progressively even higher as got more used to the wake in the set. Sadly I didn't get to see the actual shape of wake I rode from the boat as the person who rode after me (who used to ride competitively) decided to only ride half full after seeing the wake so it would be more similar to what they were used to! hahahaha

All in all an absolutely amazing boat! Few pics as we were launching but sadly no ride pics as was driving most of day.

Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-29-2019, 6:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATB0713 View Post
$265k??? That's unnecessary.
"but the fit and finish!!!!!!"

it is stupid, i get that theres costs but when we're talking house prices and they can build these in a week theres quite the discrepency... It takes maybe 3-4 months to build a house thats damn near the same price and thats with a lot more trades and labor involved. to each his own, just don't try and justify these prices anymore. they are luxury items.

Last edited by bass10after; 12-29-2019 at 6:45 PM.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-30-2019, 6:46 AM Reply   
Yeah to each his own. It's hard for me to imagine paying that kind of doe but if that's what you need more power to you.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-04-2020, 4:06 AM Reply   
i guess if you can afford it and want it i guess go for it. buy it is simply a stupid amount of money to spend on a wake boat.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-05-2020, 8:21 AM Reply   
Just think what kind of boat a manufacturer could make if they could use the materials from the price of 3 of these G23s...https://www.onlyinboards.com/2014-Na...in-105292.aspx

Last edited by rexlex01; 01-05-2020 at 8:23 AM.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-19-2020, 11:33 AM Reply   
Went to the boat show in Milwaukee yesterday. I gotta say, I was pretty impressed with the Paragon. $309,000 though, Damn!!! I sure wouldn't buy the one they had sitting there though. Not after they pulled it through the salt and had a bunch of random people crawling all over it. I guess I'm not the guy they're trying to market to anyway.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       01-22-2020, 5:30 AM Reply   
This thing looks like a wake tractor
Old     (Squamer)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-22-2020, 6:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorlan View Post
This thing looks like a wake tractor

When I first read this I said nah no way not even close.... then relooked at the photos and eeh I could see what your saying lol
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-23-2020, 4:37 PM Reply   
You can about build 3 Paragons out of the fiberglass of 3 G23s so why the pharma-pseudo inflation?
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-24-2020, 8:20 PM Reply   
Or you could buy one of these ....wonder what size wave some of these put out? - https://www.boattrader.com/boats/price-379000,390000/
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-25-2020, 2:58 AM Reply   
I was shocked but talked to my dealer here in central California and he said he has sold 4 Paragons and said he could have sold more if he could get more. I guess the Central Valley is “ballin”!
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-25-2020, 11:37 AM Reply   
Remember in 2013 when many of us thought that people that bought g-series boats were the uber rich a-holes with stupid money? Now 7 years later it is the paragon owners.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-25-2020, 6:06 PM Reply   
the g25 paragon is 280k msrp, holy moley!! Its one bad mama jamma. Id like to see a side by side against a normal g25 and see what that extra 100k buys you though... price per sq foot is through the roof! $1314 sq/ft to be exact.. haha

Last edited by bass10after; 01-25-2020 at 6:09 PM.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-27-2020, 10:54 AM Reply   
200k is crazy, 150k was once crazy, still is, 280k crazy, If tiger woods said he paid 280k for a set of golf clubs, I would agree, as he makes 10's of millions swinging them. I don't know what a professional wakeboarder makes, but I doubt over a few 100k max. Most being children, or getting out at mid 30's at best. Its a hobby. If you want one for the principle of saying I have one, go for it, but to justify its going to "bring you closer to pro level" or something like that is silly.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       01-28-2020, 2:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeeater2003 View Post
I was shocked but talked to my dealer here in central California and he said he has sold 4 Paragons and said he could have sold more if he could get more. I guess the Central Valley is “ballin”!
I heard from a manufacturer rep that they are selling like crazy. Nautique is killing it. #1 seller is a 160k G23 and your possible #2 seller is a $280k G23. INSANE. Good on Nautique though. I wouldn't have ever believed they'd sell this many.
Old     (Squamer)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-28-2020, 11:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
I heard from a manufacturer rep that they are selling like crazy. Nautique is killing it. #1 seller is a 160k G23 and your possible #2 seller is a $280k G23. INSANE. Good on Nautique though. I wouldn't have ever believed they'd sell this many.

I'm actually really not surprised they are selling. At first I was like wow that's way too expensive. Then I can remember as a kid in the 90s seeing a Ferrari or Lambo and being blown away, they were unicorns. Now every 20 something year old kid from over seas is driving a Ferrari or McLaren and living in a 5-6k a month apartment, there is definitely no shortage of money out there... I do think Natique being a long standing reputation holder in the industry helps 100% in comparison to other competitors like Pavati.
Old     (rjklein4470)      Join Date: Aug 2013       03-27-2020, 4:20 AM Reply   
Last year I bought a 2019 G23, and I thought that was bad. I went and looked at the Paragon thinking I would be able to talk myself out of buying one. But I was wrong, I really like this boat. Adam was at the boat show telling me about all the differences, and the fit and finish on the boat is insane. Everything is better, is it $100,000 better than my G23 prob not but I still want one.

My guess is they will hold their value a little bit better since they will be making less of them, but who knows right.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-27-2020, 8:23 AM Reply   
"I still want one"... well yeah. Who wouldn't want one.

"hold their value"...It's only money...I would hope that a person that can afford a luxury item, would not worry about depreciation.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       03-28-2020, 1:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjklein4470 View Post
Last year I bought a 2019 G23, and I thought that was bad. I went and looked at the Paragon thinking I would be able to talk myself out of buying one. But I was wrong, I really like this boat. Adam was at the boat show telling me about all the differences, and the fit and finish on the boat is insane. Everything is better, is it $100,000 better than my G23 prob not but I still want one.

My guess is they will hold their value a little bit better since they will be making less of them, but who knows right.
I wouldn't bet on them holding their value. The people spending that kind of money on a Paragon are buying it because it's the biggest/baddest thing out there. But guess what? When the boat is 3 years old, 250K for a used, has-been boat that is 2nd class to the newest Paragon (or whatever else comes along) isn't going to cut it. Call me crazy, but I'd bet that in 3 years a 2020 Paragon 23 will sell for 10k more than a 2020 G23 on the used market.

Based on how the current market works, the person who buys a new boat and adds every option possible does not get that money back in the used market. The used market is more focused on the condition/color/hours of the boat than the bells and whistles of yesteryear. Seeing as how the Paragon justifies it's price with having more bells/whistles and being heavy, I would guess the used market will not see 70k of additional value over the standard G23. Especially when you factor in that many people who might buy this boat used would also need to upgrade their boat lift or tow vehicle to account for the extra weight.

Honestly, though, this is kind of uncharted territory. I could be way off.