Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       08-27-2015, 3:32 PM Reply   
So I have some of the byerly jacket line but it's a dark gray and is harder to see in the water. But it floats and is fairly convenient in that sense.

I also have the silicone coated accurate line that's bright green and floats. It's very visible and I really like that you can put it to different lengths on the tower without actually taking off a section. But it's getting worn in that the plastic coating has broken in some places and I wouldn't mind getting something to replace it.

I want high visibility (bright blue or orange are my preferences, although other colors would do).

I want it to float.

I want it to be easy enough to coil and put away and not be a mess when we take it back out to use it next time. We always use a rope keeper and store the rope in a bungee netting pocket that is on the underside of my rear locker doors.

The Flatline looks interesting, but I read one review on it that said it sank.

Anyway, let's talk wakeboard lines! Go!
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-27-2015, 4:53 PM Reply   
I have a Humanoid mainline that has held up to significant abuse. I've also seen ronix main lines do well and hold up. Not impressed with the last accurate setup (Murray) I used. It got super twisted and wouldn't roll up at all.
Old     (utmba95)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-08-2015, 5:53 PM Reply   
I'd really like some recommendations too. I especially want one that actually floats on the surface. Half of the reviewers of expensive supposedly floating ropes say they don't actually float.
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-08-2015, 5:58 PM Reply   
Out of the stuff I've had, I've had the best luck with accurate. Both my straightline and proline ropes had the coating bunch up on them real bad. The accurate flatline I have does float, the only thing that sucks is if you don't notice a knot and ride with it, it rips the coating when it knots. My fault for not catching it, but it is a bummer considering how much coin it is.
Old    MrDearybury            09-21-2015, 5:24 AM Reply   
Ok so you should really check our the new franchise handle combo from hyperlite the thing is dope!!!
you can get it with the flat line or the coated and i assure you they float now.