Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (drinkdrinkdrop)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-11-2015, 4:05 AM Reply   
Anyone got any thoughts on what boards work best for air tricks on the cable? Or even just what board features help ie are certain rocker types better for airtricks or where the board needs stiffness etc
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-11-2015, 6:41 AM Reply   
Jobe Conflict is a great board for air tricks. The channels allow it to hold a hard edge, yet the board slides like butter when flat. Nice and slick on the obstacles so it doesn't grab. Moderate flex for pressing. And it's as solid as a rock. The base doesn't wear at all on the sliders.
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       08-12-2015, 2:56 PM Reply   
Good question! Stiff boards with a smaller amount of rocker tend to be really good. I find bigger boards (more surface area) tend to sit higher on the water and don't scoop as well as their smaller counterparts but land softer. A lot of older board shapes (eg. LF Trip) are well suited to this so you don't need a high end board. I personally ride the LF rogue and love the double up boards too. Depending on how quickly you get the scoop, you can move to semi flex boards for an all terrain deck.
Just want to say, you can definitely do air tricks with flex decks, I just personally find they don't track as well.