Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-30-2014, 9:16 AM Reply   
Curious if any of you have island/built in mounted one or have any weblinks. I have searched the web and not really found anything. I want to install it next to my 60" grille which is a built in. I know it wouldn't be a true built in, but I think I could build a platform and remove the legs and than figure out some trim out for it.
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-30-2014, 9:44 AM Reply   
I looked for a way to build a pellet grill into the island to pair it up with my 48" Infra Red. I just could not find an easy way to do without going to the Memphis pro built ins and adding another length to the island. I ended up going with the Traeger and putting it at the end of the island and wiring in separate electrical for it. not a lot of choices.

http://memphisgrills.com/products/grills
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-30-2014, 11:40 AM Reply   
Traeger sent this to me. I'll take photos of mine after this weekend
Attached Images

Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-30-2014, 7:50 AM Reply   
Got it almost finished. It works awesome. This weekend is big bash and will be using both traegers and the grille for all the food. Having it out counter height is so much nicer for me. I still have doors to build, but other than that it works just like a built in.
Attached Images

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-30-2014, 9:26 AM Reply   
We need to be neighbors
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-30-2014, 10:52 AM Reply   
Looks great. Putting it into the counter like you did makes it look so much more custom. I see you have a fan above does that do enough to move the smoke from your overhang? You being a HVAC guy I'm sure you can rig up some outside while house fan
Old     (WakeWise)      Join Date: Jun 2014       06-30-2014, 6:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
We need to be neighbors
^^ yeah..what he said ^^
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-01-2014, 8:16 AM Reply   
Actually grant the wind blows in the right direction and takes the smoke out of the awning even without fans. I can run both grilles and my smaller traeger inside the overhang and never have build up. Always planned on putting a kitchen hood or a couple eve vents, but never really had an issue. Be a big test this weekend as I will likely do like 8 tri tips/6 slabs of ribs, sausauge(like 40) and than misc. appetizers.
Old     (WakeWise)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-03-2014, 3:06 PM Reply   
I can't stop looking at the grub on the grill. ...