Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-31-2017, 4:39 PM Reply   
Thank You professor Jeremy. I thought i would change the subject to some real news. We know how you democrats like fake news. Real news Obama pulled out of Afghanistan and left a mess. Killary started a war in Syria. Real news Clintons caused the housing bubble. Yes i am glad that the Nasty Killary did not win.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-31-2017, 6:29 PM Reply   
I think Spicer is amazing, comedy timing like he has is a rare thing.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-31-2017, 7:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
Thank You professor Jeremy. I thought i would change the subject to some real news. We know how you democrats like fake news. Real news Obama pulled out of Afghanistan and left a mess. Killary started a war in Syria. Real news Clintons caused the housing bubble. Yes i am glad that the Nasty Killary did not win.
Sure thing. But last time I checked, we haven't "pulled out of Afghanistan". There are still ~10,000 US troops in Afghanistan. I guess your happy we got Honest Trump in the ole WH. I remember guys like you would bitch and moan about the cost every time Obama would go on vacation. Yet, you sit there and don't make a peep when Trump leaves every weekend to head down to FL. It just shows how disingenuous conservatives are when it comes to debt. 6 different votes to repeal Obamacare when Obama was president (and had the power to veto) and they didn't even have the balls to vote to repeal it when they finally have the power and the WH.

Last edited by wake77; 03-31-2017 at 7:16 PM.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-01-2017, 6:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Sure thing. But last time I checked, we haven't "pulled out of Afghanistan". There are still ~10,000 US troops in Afghanistan. I guess your happy we got Honest Trump in the ole WH. I remember guys like you would bitch and moan about the cost every time Obama would go on vacation. Yet, you sit there and don't make a peep when Trump leaves every weekend to head down to FL. It just shows how disingenuous conservatives are when it comes to debt. 6 different votes to repeal Obamacare when Obama was president (and had the power to veto) and they didn't even have the balls to vote to repeal it when they finally have the power and the WH.
Why do you think Obama had the worst all time economic numbers? Yes although President Trump works much harder and longer then Obama did it will cost more for the security to protect him . The libtards that want to kill him and our police are swarming the streets. Presidents Trumps first mistake was that he did not side with the far right for healthcare reform. He could never count on the obstructionist who will never do anything to make America great. Politics as usual drain the swamp. He got voted in because that is what America wants. Yes with Obama pulling out of the war zones so quick you see what state the world is in now.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-01-2017, 7:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
You get better care with HI vs poor. Hospitals are only required to stabilize your condition. They are not required to provide you with treatment for a condition other than to stabilize your condition. And they are only required to do that because getting medicare payments requires it.

So yes... people seem to think that coverage is indicative of care, because it is. Stabilization in the ER and possible hospital stay is "in theory" equal regardless of ability to pay.

But there is far more to this discussion than poor people getting free treatment. There are going to be many others who did their best to plan for the future and worked hard but for whatever circumstances, like illness, are without HI and can't afford it putting much of their net worth at risk vs getting some insanely priced treatment that would bankrupt them.
Unfortunately we have people coming from other countries planning to get treatment while visiting the U.S. Usually poor and uninsured. Medical pays a few pennies on the dollar. U.S. taxpayer foots the bill with higher costs. The uninsured often have other problems and do not follow up with their follow up appts. or come to the E.D. because they did not get their prescriptions. So many other problems. When you come to the E.D. with chest pain you may go home after having open heart multiple vessel bypass. Does not matter if you can pay or not. Healthcare is not a right. I know some think it is and they support single payer. We all know how that works with the elderly. I am glad that the healthcare bill did not pass because it might have only been short term solution. We need a longterm fair solution.

Last edited by deneng; 04-01-2017 at 7:17 PM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-02-2017, 9:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
Real news Obama pulled out of Afghanistan and left a mess.
Better than getting pregnant.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-02-2017, 9:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
Why do you think Obama had the worst all time economic numbers?
The bigger question is why do you think Obama has the worst all time economic numbers?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-02-2017, 9:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
We all know how that works with the elderly.
Are they not dying fast enough for you?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-02-2017, 2:01 PM Reply   
People tend to forget Obama got the biggest hospital pass ever with the GFC. He didn't balance the books which is bit of a deal breaker for me but you can understand why when you have to manage a world economy in economic freefall and the local economy in crisis.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-02-2017, 4:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
People tend to forget Obama got the biggest hospital pass ever with the GFC. He didn't balance the books which is bit of a deal breaker for me but you can understand why when you have to manage a world economy in economic freefall and the local economy in crisis.
What a fiasco that was. I guess like Trump you can blame it on the planers.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-02-2017, 4:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Better than getting pregnant.
Michelle wore a condom. Michelle is responsible for actions.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-02-2017, 6:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
Why do you think Obama had the worst all time economic numbers? Yes although President Trump works much harder and longer then Obama did it will cost more for the security to protect him . The libtards that want to kill him and our police are swarming the streets. Presidents Trumps first mistake was that he did not side with the far right for healthcare reform. He could never count on the obstructionist who will never do anything to make America great. Politics as usual drain the swamp. He got voted in because that is what America wants. Yes with Obama pulling out of the war zones so quick you see what state the world is in now.
Where do you get that "Obama had the worst all time economic numbers"? You must be one of those guys that makes up your own history to suit your political beliefs.

For the rest of your ramblings, you do know that Trump supported pulling the troops from Iraq and was never for that war in the first place?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-02-2017, 6:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
Michelle wore a condom. Michelle is responsible for actions.
I guess we were supposed to laugh?
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-02-2017, 7:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Where do you get that "Obama had the worst all time economic numbers"? You must be one of those guys that makes up your own history to suit your political beliefs.

For the rest of your ramblings, you do know that Trump supported pulling the troops from Iraq and was never for that war in the first place?
Well show me the good numbers. I know you libs always point to stock market numbers.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-02-2017, 11:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Where do you get that "Obama had the worst all time economic numbers"? You must be one of those guys that makes up your own history to suit your political beliefs.

For the rest of your ramblings, you do know that Trump supported pulling the troops from Iraq and was never for that war in the first place?
Look again at my original post. Obama 8 years. Highest GDP 2.6. Never once 3. More debt then all other presidents combined. Really really bad. I know you guys like to blame Bush, but it is all your Obama and his minions that put this country where it is now.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-03-2017, 1:03 AM Reply   
Yes, that's true but the GDP growth out did all other nato economies in the same period which is really the fair comparison because it compares similar economies in the same world enviroment. Yes it came at the cost of debt, not a good situation but the economic conditions were dire. So yes i agree not the best economic performance but not as incompetent as the republicans would have you believe.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-03-2017, 7:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
Look again at my original post. Obama 8 years. Highest GDP 2.6. Never once 3. More debt then all other presidents combined. Really really bad. I know you guys like to blame Bush, but it is all your Obama and his minions that put this country where it is now.
The country is fine. You have this vision in your head where the US will resemble Mayberry from Andy Griffith.

The proof is in the number. Since Reagan, when there is a GOP president, the economy suffers. With a Democrat as president, the economy flourishes. You think Obama was bad with the debt? Wait until the Trump tax cuts are passed. Of course then, you won't give a crap about the debt.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-03-2017, 11:16 AM Reply   
Yes Obama was hampered by the same problems that Bush had. Thanks to the Clintons wanting to give away real estate to every body . I remember a house keeper that had 5 properties and all she had to do was sign for the loan. No background checks of assests or wages. Insane! Jeremy you are a idiot! The economy is not fine,and it is not all of Obamas fault.. Check the numbers if you do not believe me. Worst president ever! Worst average GDP numbers since post war. Average 1.6%. He did everything he could do to give away the American dream. Less people own homes. The average rate of post recovery prior to Obama is 4.3%. Last September the labor participation rate was 62.3 % lowest in 40 years. The number of jobs has not kept up with the working population.There has been a decline in business startups and investments.Been a decline in real household income. More people are on food stamps then ever. Jeremy says the is fine. Wrong! So far i like what Trump has tried to do. We will see. We need to make America great again rather then to bring it to the level of the rest of the world. Liberals and to many republicans have done everything they could do to stop Trump rather then help America. He will not be perfect by any means, but give him a chance like we did Obama.

Last edited by deneng; 04-03-2017 at 11:19 AM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-03-2017, 11:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
....but give him a chance like we did Obama.
That's the intention. A one term President.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-03-2017, 12:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
Yes Obama was hampered by the same problems that Bush had. Thanks to the Clintons wanting to give away real estate to every body . I remember a house keeper that had 5 properties and all she had to do was sign for the loan. No background checks of assests or wages. Insane! Jeremy you are a idiot! The economy is not fine,and it is not all of Obamas fault.. Check the numbers if you do not believe me. Worst president ever! Worst average GDP numbers since post war. Average 1.6%. He did everything he could do to give away the American dream. Less people own homes. The average rate of post recovery prior to Obama is 4.3%. Last September the labor participation rate was 62.3 % lowest in 40 years. The number of jobs has not kept up with the working population.There has been a decline in business startups and investments.Been a decline in real household income. More people are on food stamps then ever. Jeremy says the is fine. Wrong! So far i like what Trump has tried to do. We will see. We need to make America great again rather then to bring it to the level of the rest of the world. Liberals and to many republicans have done everything they could do to stop Trump rather then help America. He will not be perfect by any means, but give him a chance like we did Obama.
You do realize you contradicted yourself in this bit of nonsense. First, you criticize the Clinton's for giving "every body real estate" and then you criticize Obama because now "less people own homes". Funny that you conservatives think everyone should own a home, but not everyone should have access to healthcare.

The US's population is increasing, so yes there would be "more people on food stamps then ever." I would venture to say to that the percentage of Americans on food stamps is in line with previous administrations. The Labor Participation Rate is a BS number because it includes retirees younger than the retirement age and college students. When more baby boomers retire, that number will increase, but you won't give a *****.

Listen, I could've gotten all of your talking points from Hannity or Limbaugh. Do you have any thoughts of your own or are you just going to continue to spew distorted figures?
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-03-2017, 3:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
You do realize you contradicted yourself in this bit of nonsense. First, you criticize the Clinton's for giving "every body real estate" and then you criticize Obama because now "less people own homes". Funny that you conservatives think everyone should own a home, but not everyone should have access to healthcare.

The US's population is increasing, so yes there would be "more people on food stamps then ever." I would venture to say to that the percentage of Americans on food stamps is in line with previous administrations. The Labor Participation Rate is a BS number because it includes retirees younger than the retirement age and college students. When more baby boomers retire, that number will increase, but you won't give a *****.

Listen, I could've gotten all of your talking points from Hannity or Limbaugh. Do you have any thoughts of your own or are you just going to continue to spew distorted figures?
Just the facts professor. The only chance the libs have is to obstruct
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-03-2017, 5:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
Just the facts professor. The only chance the libs have is to obstruct
That's the problem, they're not "facts". I never heard one mention of the labor participation rate until unemployment began to plummet under Obama.

Here's the truth of the matter. I have no allegiance to any political party. I don't want the country to fail just because a republican was elected as president. The problem is, we have a guy that is more interested in Tweeting than running a country. I can totally seeing him pulling a Sarah Palin and resigning before his term expires.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-03-2017, 5:22 PM Reply   
Great article that very accurately describes Trump and his shenanigans.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/our-disho...195956411.html

“It was no secret during the campaign that Donald Trump was a narcissist and a demagogue who used fear and dishonesty to appeal to the worst in American voters,”

spot on - "He is a man so unpredictable, so reckless, so petulant, so full of blind self-regard, so untethered to reality that it is impossible to know where his presidency will lead or how much damage he will do to our nation. His obsession with his own fame, wealth and success, his determination to vanquish enemies real and imagined, his craving for adulation — these traits were, of course, at the very heart of his scorched-earth outsider campaign; indeed, some of them helped get him elected. But in a real presidency in which he wields unimaginable power, they are nothing short of disastrous"
Old    TheWakeIsReal            04-03-2017, 6:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
Yes Obama was hampered by the same problems that Bush had. Thanks to the Clintons wanting to give away real estate to every body . I remember a house keeper that had 5 properties and all she had to do was sign for the loan. No background checks of assests or wages. Insane! Jeremy you are a idiot! The economy is not fine,and it is not all of Obamas fault.. Check the numbers if you do not believe me. Worst president ever! Worst average GDP numbers since post war. Average 1.6%. He did everything he could do to give away the American dream. Less people own homes. The average rate of post recovery prior to Obama is 4.3%. Last September the labor participation rate was 62.3 % lowest in 40 years. The number of jobs has not kept up with the working population.There has been a decline in business startups and investments.Been a decline in real household income. More people are on food stamps then ever. Jeremy says the is fine. Wrong! So far i like what Trump has tried to do. We will see. We need to make America great again rather then to bring it to the level of the rest of the world. Liberals and to many republicans have done everything they could do to stop Trump rather then help America. He will not be perfect by any means, but give him a chance like we did Obama.
This is the most painful thing I have read on the internet. The amount of bull***** in this is nothing short of amazing. The fact that you can Obama the worst president after he took over for Bush is ****ing astonishing. The only thing that underscores that tidbit is your delusional numbers you seemed to pull out of your ass or worse, Breitbart.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-03-2017, 6:47 PM Reply   
Trump down to 34% approval rating. Ha ha, fake polls no doubt!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-04-2017, 7:09 AM Reply   
The GOP just sold out American's privacy to corporations and the republican idiots just keep supporting the corp shills they elect. Too bad one man, one vote never mentioned anything about having a brain.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-04-2017, 8:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
He did everything he could do to give away the American dream. Less people own homes. Been a decline in real household income.
Maybe the reason home ownership and why tiny houses are so popular is that people cannot afford houses any more! Decreased Household income is NOT just because of Obama.

Wages have been going down since 1972(the good ol' days) This is NOT a problem you can blame on only the republicans or democrats, Neither have addressed the problem!

Trump just says he is going to fix the problem(not that he has ANY idea how to fix the problem) and he gets elected on bringing the good paying jobs back! We are going to need more than electing Trump in office to Fix this problem! Common income has only gone up 3 times! EVERYTHING else has gone up four, five, and even six times in the same amount of time!
1972,- 2016
Income, 12,000- 35,000
House, 28,000- 200,000
New car, 4,000- 30,000
Rent, 165- 800
Tuition, 3,000- 20,000
Gas, .55- 2.20

"but give him a chance like we did Obama" This was a joke, right?

Last edited by joeshmoe; 04-04-2017 at 8:25 AM.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       04-04-2017, 8:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
That's the problem, they're not "facts". I never heard one mention of the labor participation rate until unemployment began to plummet under Obama.

Here's the truth of the matter. I have no allegiance to any political party. I don't want the country to fail just because a republican was elected as president. The problem is, we have a guy that is more interested in Tweeting than running a country. I can totally seeing him pulling a Sarah Palin and resigning before his term expires.
He would resign, then blame "Obama's shadow government" for blocking him from doing anything. lololol
Old    deltahoosier            04-04-2017, 11:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
That's the problem, they're not "facts". I never heard one mention of the labor participation rate until unemployment began to plummet under Obama.

Here's the truth of the matter. I have no allegiance to any political party. I don't want the country to fail just because a republican was elected as president. The problem is, we have a guy that is more interested in Tweeting than running a country. I can totally seeing him pulling a Sarah Palin and resigning before his term expires.
Actually your good friends at the democractic underground (the progressive hell hole) would talk about labor participation rate while Bush was in office on his first term. They also loved to talk about the people that did have jobs are now low paying jobs. This is nothing new.

I think you are going to be disappointed when he does not step down. If he does, maybe we can go back to democrats shooting cops in the street, embracing Shria Law and burning down cities.
Old    deltahoosier            04-04-2017, 11:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettw View Post
Great article that very accurately describes Trump and his shenanigans.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/our-disho...195956411.html

“It was no secret during the campaign that Donald Trump was a narcissist and a demagogue who used fear and dishonesty to appeal to the worst in American voters,”

spot on - "He is a man so unpredictable, so reckless, so petulant, so full of blind self-regard, so untethered to reality that it is impossible to know where his presidency will lead or how much damage he will do to our nation. His obsession with his own fame, wealth and success, his determination to vanquish enemies real and imagined, his craving for adulation — these traits were, of course, at the very heart of his scorched-earth outsider campaign; indeed, some of them helped get him elected. But in a real presidency in which he wields unimaginable power, they are nothing short of disastrous"
Uh huh. Doubling down on everyday Americans as the "worst in American voters" routine. Keep disregarding fly over country and see what happens.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-04-2017, 11:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Actually your good friends at the democractic underground (the progressive hell hole) would talk about labor participation rate while Bush was in office on his first term. They also loved to talk about the people that did have jobs are now low paying jobs. This is nothing new.

I think you are going to be disappointed when he does not step down. If he does, maybe we can go back to democrats shooting cops in the street, embracing Shria Law and burning down cities.
Sharia law is out now, Delta, just like welfare queens driving Cadillacs and the red scare. We're all about propping up the deep state now. Please try to keep up.
Old    deltahoosier            04-04-2017, 11:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
The GOP just sold out American's privacy to corporations and the republican idiots just keep supporting the corp shills they elect. Too bad one man, one vote never mentioned anything about having a brain.
Turns out you fell for fake news again. I finally found out the truth about your sides latest outburst.

The Republicans simply reversed the rules that the Obama administration put down against cable providers however let Google and Amazon sell your information. Where was your outrage when they let all the big giants do this? Basically Obama's folks needed to pick winners and losers and they choose their big contributors. So his silicon valley friends got to win and the rest not so much.

Personally I think it is all crap however how can they let some and not all do this? I am glad they made the rules fair, however they need to stamp it out all together.
Old    deltahoosier            04-04-2017, 11:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Sharia law is out now, Delta, just like welfare queens driving Cadillacs and the red scare. We're all about propping up the deep state now. Please try to keep up.
Is it? The democrats in Wyoming all voted against a bill to outlaw Sharia in the state. It is not out as you say. The number two guy in the DNC is a muslim radical and most of the lefty loving countries have it. I would not call it out.
Old    deltahoosier            04-04-2017, 11:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
Maybe the reason home ownership and why tiny houses are so popular is that people cannot afford houses any more! Decreased Household income is NOT just because of Obama.

Wages have been going down since 1972(the good ol' days) This is NOT a problem you can blame on only the republicans or democrats, Neither have addressed the problem!

Trump just says he is going to fix the problem(not that he has ANY idea how to fix the problem) and he gets elected on bringing the good paying jobs back! We are going to need more than electing Trump in office to Fix this problem! Common income has only gone up 3 times! EVERYTHING else has gone up four, five, and even six times in the same amount of time!
1972,- 2016
Income, 12,000- 35,000
House, 28,000- 200,000
New car, 4,000- 30,000
Rent, 165- 800
Tuition, 3,000- 20,000
Gas, .55- 2.20

"but give him a chance like we did Obama" This was a joke, right?
The middle class has more price increasing regulation.

Rent $800? haha. Try $1500 for a single bedroom apartment that is an hour away from your work. Never mind a house.

Has to compete with China and Mexico for what could be consider mundane production work. You can not make high wages pulling the lever any more.

In California, middle class workers have to compete with investors for every affordable house. The Chinese are buy up everything and never mind all these investor groups.

As soon as Trump cuts taxes, Moon Beam Brown will see it as a go ahead to raise them again just like he is with gas tax and car registration.
Old    deltahoosier            04-04-2017, 11:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Trump down to 34% approval rating. Ha ha, fake polls no doubt!
Have your really looked at the polls for the last 20 years? Congress and the president don't trend too well. Considering no democat that is polled will give a favorable rating and most republicans didn't like Trump to begin with, I can see these results.

Does not change my day or yours, so carry on.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-04-2017, 12:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Turns out you fell for fake news again. I finally found out the truth about your sides latest outburst.

The Republicans simply reversed the rules that the Obama administration put down against cable providers however let Google and Amazon sell your information.
So the truth is that it isn't fake news.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-04-2017, 12:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Is it? The democrats in Wyoming all voted against a bill to outlaw Sharia in the state.
Now this is fake news. Not that democrats voted against it. But simply that realistically speaking there is no such thing as a ban on Sharia Law. It's just meaningless legislation to appease the idiots who think that such a thing exists. You can have laws that don't violate constitutional rights and you can't have laws that do violate constitutional rights (at least after challenged and overturned). But you can't have a law that bans all laws without any regard to what they are. Only republicans are apparently stupid enough to fall for the Sharia Law ban.
Old    deltahoosier            04-04-2017, 1:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
So the truth is that it isn't fake news.
The outrage is fake.
Old    deltahoosier            04-04-2017, 2:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Now this is fake news. Not that democrats voted against it. But simply that realistically speaking there is no such thing as a ban on Sharia Law. It's just meaningless legislation to appease the idiots who think that such a thing exists. You can have laws that don't violate constitutional rights and you can't have laws that do violate constitutional rights (at least after challenged and overturned). But you can't have a law that bans all laws without any regard to what they are. Only republicans are apparently stupid enough to fall for the Sharia Law ban.
While Sharia Law may contain some provisions that may not be invalid under the constitution, it is a basis for governance from a religious context that is against our constitution. It dictates how to do business as well as social constructs based on Islam. In Islam, you can not have the business without the social thus it should be banned.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-04-2017, 3:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Islam, you can not have the business without the social thus it should be banned.
What should be banned? You can't ban something when you don't know what it is. That's why only idiots think it's a real thing.
Old    deltahoosier            04-04-2017, 4:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
What should be banned? You can't ban something when you don't know what it is. That's why only idiots think it's a real thing.
Sharia, Sharia law, or Islamic law (Arabic: شريعة‎‎ (IPA: [ʃaˈriːʕa])) is the religious law forming part of the Islamic tradition. It is derived froAccording to Sharia law:

Sharia Law - List of Key Rules

Select Language​▼

Sharia law is the law of Islam. The Sharia (also spelled Shariah or Shari'a) law is cast from the actions and words of Muhammad, which are called "Sunnah," and the Quran, which he dictated. Sharia law itself cannot be altered but the interpretation of Sharia law, called "figh," by imams is given some latitude.

Shariah lawAs a legal system, Sharia law is exceptionally broad. While other legal codes regulate public behavior, Sharia law regulates public behavior, private behavior and even private beliefs. Of all legal systems in the world today, Sharia law is the most intrusive and restrictive, especially against women.

• Theft is punishable by amputation of the right hand (above).
• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
• Criticizing Muhammad or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Allah is punishable by death (see Allah moon god).
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death (compulsion in religion).
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammad's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination (see Religion of Peace).
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a woman needs her husband's consent to divorce.
• A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
• Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman.
• A woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits (see Errors in Quran).
• A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
• Meat to eat must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be "Halal".
• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.
• The list goes on. See Sharia law in America, UK, Europe and Saudi Arabia. m the religious precepts of Islam, particularly the Quran and the Hadith.

law is also used in full or in part, nationally or regionally in:
Afghanistan (89%)** France* Lebanon Spain*
Algeria Gambia Malaysia (86%)** Sudan
Austria* Germany* Maldives Sri Lanka
Bahrain Ghana Mauritania Syria
Bangladesh (82%)** India Morocco (83%)** Tanzania
Brunei Indonesia (72%)** The Netherlands* Thailand (77%)**
Canada* Iran Nigeria Uganda
Comoros Iraq (91%)** Oman United Arab Emirates
Djibouti (82%)** Jordan (71%)** Pakistan (84%)** United States (USA)*
Egypt (74%)** Kenya Qatar United Kingdom (UK)*
Eritrea Kuwait Saudi Arabia W. Bank & Gaza (89%)**
Ethiopia Libya Somalia Yemen

Sharia Law In The USA 101: A Guide To What It Is And Why States Want To Ban It
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3660813.html

Understanding Islamic Law
http://www.islamicsupremecouncil.org...lamic-law.html

Islam is a complete package – a complete message and way of life. To fraction it into its component, then examine them individually, will yield little or no understanding of Islam’s holistic whole. Inevitably aspects of Islam examined separately, without a wide-ranging grasp of its totality, will be taken in a fragmented context, in which case aspects may take on the appearance of extremism.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-04-2017, 6:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
While Sharia Law may contain some provisions that may not be invalid under the constitution, it is a basis for governance from a religious context that is against our constitution. It dictates how to do business as well as social constructs based on Islam. In Islam, you can not have the business without the social thus it should be banned.
Sharia law, by definition, is against the first amendment which states Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion. It would be struck down in the lower courts and would never make it to the supreme court. We also have separation of church and state which goes back to the founding fathers. Christian laws have been passed for the betterment of society, Never because the bible says so. State law and federal laws supersede any community of Muslims with sharia law, such as its ok to kill your wife, rape her, or cut off someones hand for stealing. I think diminishing wages will destroy America long before sharia law does.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            04-04-2017, 8:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Turns out you fell for fake news again. I finally found out the truth about your sides latest outburst.

The Republicans simply reversed the rules that the Obama administration put down against cable providers however let Google and Amazon sell your information. Where was your outrage when they let all the big giants do this? Basically Obama's folks needed to pick winners and losers and they choose their big contributors. So his silicon valley friends got to win and the rest not so much.

Personally I think it is all crap however how can they let some and not all do this? I am glad they made the rules fair, however they need to stamp it out all together.
You really don't understand the difference between the internet and websites do you? I suggest you google it. Google = website btw. Google doesn't equal internet. Internet = internet. Google = website you visit. Internet = service to be able to visit websites. Website = personal choice. Internet = internet.

Classic Delta right there.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-05-2017, 7:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
The list goes on. See Sharia law in America, UK, Europe and Saudi Arabia. m the religious precepts of Islam, particularly the Quran and the Hadith.
Not a single item on that list that is legal in the US. Most if not all are prohibited by our Constitutional rights. How big an idiot are you Delta? You gave me exactly what I expected from you. More proof that Republicans are idiots. Cut and paste idiots no less.
Old    deltahoosier            04-05-2017, 12:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
You really don't understand the difference between the internet and websites do you? I suggest you google it. Google = website btw. Google doesn't equal internet. Internet = internet. Google = website you visit. Internet = service to be able to visit websites. Website = personal choice. Internet = internet.

Classic Delta right there.
I bet if you look, google has almost all traffic. You can not be on the web without google knowing about it. You can choose different internet providers and even choose not to have a provider and go to a library or use your phone provider. You have a choice however I think you need it spelled out for you again.
Old    deltahoosier            04-05-2017, 12:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Not a single item on that list that is legal in the US. Most if not all are prohibited by our Constitutional rights. How big an idiot are you Delta? You gave me exactly what I expected from you. More proof that Republicans are idiots. Cut and paste idiots no less.
Haha. You cop killers and rioters sure like throwing around the insults huh John. Basically it is the last bastion of your arguments is to call names.


You are either not smart enough to realize what your own question/ statement was or you are doing your typical John move. I believe you are smart enough so you are willfully doing what you do. Your statement was Sharia Law was not even a real thing. I pointed out that it is a real thing. Now you are moving on to those things are not legal in the US.

Throw insult and move the goal post. Typical John.
Old    deltahoosier            04-05-2017, 12:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
Sharia law, by definition, is against the first amendment which states Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion. It would be struck down in the lower courts and would never make it to the supreme court. We also have separation of church and state which goes back to the founding fathers. Christian laws have been passed for the betterment of society, Never because the bible says so. State law and federal laws supersede any community of Muslims with sharia law, such as its ok to kill your wife, rape her, or cut off someones hand for stealing. I think diminishing wages will destroy America long before sharia law does.
You would like to think it would be against the constitution however it has been upheld in Texas. While murder may be against our laws, internal Muslim doctrine can still actively discriminate against women and so on.

If Sharia is already against the law then why are democrats against simply stating it is against the law? Seems like an easy statement to make and put the law behind it in writing. Or is Sharia Law more complex than that?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-05-2017, 2:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
internal Muslim doctrine can still actively discriminate against women and so on.
You mean like Mormons and Catholics? Why haven't we banned those religions? Or have a law against them?
Old    deltahoosier            04-05-2017, 2:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
You mean like Mormons and Catholics? Why haven't we banned those religions? Or have a law against them?
They don't have a system of law that is used by many countries around the world. Sharia is not simply religion. It is actual governance system and religion. Much of what I read in Europe (mainly Germany to this point) is marriage contracts and settlements in regards to the Quran. One case upheld a mans right to beat his wife though the judge ulitmately was removed.

While the some of the European versions on average are not too extreme, there are cases of it. Then if you move to actual Islamic countries then you get into the very violent portion of the Sharia Law.

A generation ago the parts of Germany would not have even allowed for the Sharia content that they have. The muslims have a much higher birth rate than the German population so they are slowly voting in more and more Islamic compliant laws.

While the two systems you mentioned may have a messed up belief system, it is not the same.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-05-2017, 2:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
They don't have a system of law that is used by many countries around the world. Sharia is not simply religion. It is actual governance system and religion. Much of what I read in Europe (mainly Germany to this point) is marriage contracts and settlements in regards to the Quran. One case upheld a mans right to beat his wife though the judge ulitmately was removed.

While the some of the European versions on average are not too extreme, there are cases of it. Then if you move to actual Islamic countries then you get into the very violent portion of the Sharia Law.

A generation ago the parts of Germany would not have even allowed for the Sharia content that they have. The muslims have a much higher birth rate than the German population so they are slowly voting in more and more Islamic compliant laws.

While the two systems you mentioned may have a messed up belief system, it is not the same.
Watch out for the mormons and the catholics too, delta -- they reproduce like mad.

I guess you have never heard of canon law? You can even get a degree in it.
http://canonlaw.cua.edu/programs/

What about rabbinical courts? Try to be a jewish woman and get divorced without one: http://www.chabad.org/library/articl...rce-Basics.htm
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-05-2017, 2:45 PM Reply   
Rod, you can admit you're wrong on this.

Also, the way you're going to see Sharia Law creep in is the exact same way Christian Law has already crept in - via arbitration agreements.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-05-2017, 3:49 PM Reply   
[BThe Republicans simply reversed the rules that the Obama administration put down against cable providers however let Google and Amazon sell your information. Where was your outrage when they let all the big giants do this? Basically Obama's folks needed to pick winners and losers and they choose their big contributors. So his silicon valley friends got to win and the rest not so much. [/B]

This isnt exactly true. Google and Amazon, yeah they got the nod, but couldnt see everything you are/were doing. Only when you were on their website or following their ad. Internet providers on the other hand see every click you make. They can also sell your info to the highest bidder. So, why would the administration sell us all out?
I dont know the answer but the picture will continue to get more clear. Another "why". Scott Pruitt. After the EPA completed 3 studies in the last 10 years on the agricultural chemical Chlorpyrifos. The studies all said how dangerous Cholorpyrifos was especially to infants and small children, bad for brain development and all. It was outlawed for use by private citizens in 2000, yet Trumps EPA head Scott Prutt knows better. He reversed previous rules stopping its use and made it legal. Dow Chemical immediately thanked him.
Im starting to think that the swamp draining may not take place. Im also frustrated that the administration, from what I am seeing, is working to help the very rich and not the middle class that was promised. Trump and his family seem to be enriching themselves and any other big corp even more than in the past.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-05-2017, 4:01 PM Reply   
Given the way Trump has lived his life and built his business (screwing over the little guy at every possible turn), did anyone actually think he would "drain the swamp" at all and not simply install a bunch of billionaires in his cabinet (as he has) to enrich themselves (and him and his family)?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-05-2017, 4:18 PM Reply   
Thank god for McMaster.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/05/u...en-bannon.html
Old    deltahoosier            04-05-2017, 5:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Rod, you can admit you're wrong on this.

Also, the way you're going to see Sharia Law creep in is the exact same way Christian Law has already crept in - via arbitration agreements.
Not sure I am wrong on this as it is happening in Europe and has happened in the middle east.

First point - it is a real thing that has been enforced in many countries.
Second - It may be hard to bring in full force in the US as actual law of the land, however it does not keep it from happening behind closed doors. Maybe part of it is feel good voting however which part of Sharia do want to be allowed to happen even in arbitration? Half a woman's word? Childrens rights concerning the mother and father? Forced arbitration?

It may not be a top 10 immediate issue right now in America, however it is in Europe with their style of government and certainly is in the middle east. It most certainly can effect western democracies with pockets of like minded individuals voting in a block. Heck the DNC just elected a communist and a radical muslim to their top two positions. Who would have seen that coming? Would have never been a consideration 20 years ago.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-05-2017, 5:02 PM Reply   
To be clear, I do NOT want religious law to be allowed even in the scope of private arbitration. However it's happening left and right with Christian business owners a la Hobby Lobby etc. They force employees to sign agreements stating they will accept the company's arbitration process which has religious restrictions built in already.
Old    deltahoosier            04-05-2017, 5:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
[BThe Republicans simply reversed the rules that the Obama administration put down against cable providers however let Google and Amazon sell your information. Where was your outrage when they let all the big giants do this? Basically Obama's folks needed to pick winners and losers and they choose their big contributors. So his silicon valley friends got to win and the rest not so much. [/B]

This isnt exactly true. Google and Amazon, yeah they got the nod, but couldnt see everything you are/were doing. Only when you were on their website or following their ad. Internet providers on the other hand see every click you make. They can also sell your info to the highest bidder. So, why would the administration sell us all out?
I dont know the answer but the picture will continue to get more clear. Another "why". Scott Pruitt. After the EPA completed 3 studies in the last 10 years on the agricultural chemical Chlorpyrifos. The studies all said how dangerous Cholorpyrifos was especially to infants and small children, bad for brain development and all. It was outlawed for use by private citizens in 2000, yet Trumps EPA head Scott Prutt knows better. He reversed previous rules stopping its use and made it legal. Dow Chemical immediately thanked him.
Im starting to think that the swamp draining may not take place. Im also frustrated that the administration, from what I am seeing, is working to help the very rich and not the middle class that was promised. Trump and his family seem to be enriching themselves and any other big corp even more than in the past.
They can not see everything, however they have almost all internet traffic so there is that. 40% of the internet traffic is google and 33% is Amazon. They pretty much see everything. It almost seems like you have more choice in providers than you do actually being on the net.
Old    deltahoosier            04-05-2017, 5:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
To be clear, I do NOT want religious law to be allowed even in the scope of private arbitration. However it's happening left and right with Christian business owners a la Hobby Lobby etc. They force employees to sign agreements stating they will accept the company's arbitration process which has religious restrictions built in already.
While I don't doubt it, It would be interesting to see that arbitration agreement. Almost all contract signed have some arbitration clause.
Old    deltahoosier            04-05-2017, 5:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Watch out for the mormons and the catholics too, delta -- they reproduce like mad.

I guess you have never heard of canon law? You can even get a degree in it.
http://canonlaw.cua.edu/programs/

What about rabbinical courts? Try to be a jewish woman and get divorced without one: http://www.chabad.org/library/articl...rce-Basics.htm
I have heard of Canon law. Need to look into it. Which countries have Canon Law as the law of the land?

I can understand Judism. If you want to stay in the church, you have to abide by their law. Good news is, you can leave a Catholic, Mormon (not easily as they will follow you and bug t you. Ask my wife about that and that was from when she was a child), Jewish religion. In Islam they issue a fatwa against you marking you for death.

Host: What if a person changes his mind and leaves the religion of Islam? What would happen to him according to the Koran? (1:41)
Answer

Dr. Labib: This man or woman would be called 'apostate'. And if a man or a woman apostates from Islam, he or she will be given a chance to deny their conversion, say to Christianity. If they deny, that's OK, finished, case closed. If they insist to embrace Christianity, they will be executed, because they would not accept that a Muslim will be converted to Christianity. And that explains, you see, if you go to Saudi Arabia, and anyone, any Muslim in Saudi Arabia who would be converted to Christianity, he will be beheaded. There is no mercy, he will be beheaded. And that is under our eyes, here, in the 21st century, you know. It is the same in any Islamic country. You cannot be converted to Christianity, if you are a Muslim, unless you are ready to risk your life, and to be executed.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-05-2017, 5:17 PM Reply   
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/02/b...ce-system.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/01/b...f-justice.html

Highly recommend these two articles talking about the arbitration mess and how it's perverting and marginalizing the justice system.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-05-2017, 6:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Your statement was Sharia Law was not even a real thing. I pointed out that it is a real thing. Now you are moving on to those things are not legal in the US.
You still don't get it. Sharia Law is not a real thing that you can ban. It doesn't hold up as a legal description of anything other than blanket religious discrimination. The GOP representatives are just posturing to appease the idiots who can't understand this.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-06-2017, 9:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
You mean like Mormons and Catholics? Why haven't we banned those religions? Or have a law against them?
They should have banned the mormon church! Born from someone looking into a hat! The first law against polygamy in the US was in the 1860's directed at the mormon church.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-06-2017, 8:37 PM Reply   
Banned or bombed? Bombed is more the US specialty it seems. Happy to bomb Syria but sure as hell not taking any of their refugees. Well played.
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       04-07-2017, 7:25 AM Reply   
He gassed women and children, we bombed his airfield sending a message that gassing people won't be tolerated. Instead of bombing, I'd rather we just completely stay out of the middle East. As far as refugees, why don't we just relocate the whole population to the US? That it will fix it, right?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-07-2017, 9:16 AM Reply   
why didn't we bomb the gas factory? IIRC assad has dropped a lot of the bombs from helicopters not planes so not sure what striking an "airfield" is really going to do, but.... whatevs.

Nothing like a little war to galvanize public opinion.
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       04-07-2017, 9:27 AM Reply   
It's the Mantra that "The Donald" lives by, distraction, distraction, distraction. It was also a little strange that he notified Russia before the bombing, but not congress hmmmm.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-07-2017, 9:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Banned or bombed? Bombed is more the US specialty it seems. Happy to bomb Syria but sure as hell not taking any of their refugees. Well played.
Just those bombs cost U.S. $50,000,000.00 Now we have No more money to take refugees!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-07-2017, 11:03 PM Reply   
So trump and Putins dance begins. Dangerous times ahead, not so much worried about putin but trumps reaction to being played and made to look foolish
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-09-2017, 6:18 PM Reply   
you are mistaken John. My town made national headlines because the muslim population wanted to put their own laws before city, state and federal. they actually wanted the city and state to take a back seat.
I'm not sure how that makes it not real. Thankfully our mayor said no...hell no.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-09-2017, 6:55 PM Reply   
lol you're not talking about Irving right?

http://m.chron.com/news/houston-texa...ut-6716157.php
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-09-2017, 8:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
you are mistaken John. My town made national headlines because the muslim population wanted to put their own laws before city, state and federal. they actually wanted the city and state to take a back seat.
I'm not sure how that makes it not real. Thankfully our mayor said no...hell no.
So your mayor is a judge? I'm not mistaken. Robbers would like the laws for theft to take a back seat to their desire to steal. But the law doesn't work that way and mayors have no legal authority to define what is and isn't illegal WRT state and federal laws. Now local ordinances might be a different matter. But the big question is exactly how do you think that muslims can put their desires before the legal system. Because that isn't a real thing, legally speaking. And when you are talking about making laws, you are "legally speaking".
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-09-2017, 9:09 PM Reply   
I am talking about Irving.
If that was a hoax, it sure was elaborate. Seems to me that there was a city council vote and the whole 9 yards

I do see where you guys are coming from.

It's been nice not getting involved in these discussions. I'm not sure what motivated me to do so today
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-09-2017, 9:49 PM Reply   
It was a nice way for the mayor to get her 15 minutes and for those whose interest lies in drumming up false fear to get another round in the fake media/breitbart echo chamber.

Cliff if I were you I'd be out driving every chance I got
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-11-2017, 1:37 PM Reply   
Ha ha Spicer in fine comedic form today, Hitler didn't use chemical weapons in WW2 on his own people apparently. Oh, apart from 6 million Jews he gassed. Seriously, this fool needs to pick up a history book.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-11-2017, 1:43 PM Reply   
Ironically if Hitler was a world leader today Trump would be praising him for his strong leadership and looking after the best interests of his people
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-11-2017, 1:51 PM Reply   
wish I could find the pic of the trophy foot with a hole shot in it that Reagan gave interior secretary James Watt. Seems like Spicer deserves the honor.
Old    deltahoosier            04-11-2017, 5:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Ha ha Spicer in fine comedic form today, Hitler didn't use chemical weapons in WW2 on his own people apparently. Oh, apart from 6 million Jews he gassed. Seriously, this fool needs to pick up a history book.
Interesting on what you care about. A guy makes a bad reference to Assad and a historical tyrant in the use of chemical weapons in a war zone, however you seem just fine with the fact that Obama and Kerry lied directly to the American people when they told us that they got ALL the weapons from Syria the last time they used them. I assume you are fine with their lies since you are not on here denouncing that issue which seems like a much bigger deal.

One question. Where did Syria get those weapons from? Anyone remember the reports of Iraqi shipments of weapons to Syria while Saddam was playing keep away with the UN inspectors?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-11-2017, 10:23 PM Reply   
I also neglected to comment about the time bush lied about WMD's in Iraq, doesn't mean I'm fine with it. I just comment on Spicer because it because it is current and hilarious, if I was posting on a political thread at the time Obama was telling fibs I would laugh about it then too.

I'll answer your one question with another question because, well, that is annoying and that is how "liberals" roll.

So the question is, why does it matter where the weapons come from? If they came from Saddam, so what, if selling weapons is a crime then the US is the biggest criminal on the planet by far!
Old    TheWakeIsReal            04-12-2017, 11:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Interesting on what you care about. A guy makes a bad reference to Assad and a historical tyrant in the use of chemical weapons in a war zone, however you seem just fine with the fact that Obama and Kerry lied directly to the American people when they told us that they got ALL the weapons from Syria the last time they used them. I assume you are fine with their lies since you are not on here denouncing that issue which seems like a much bigger deal.

One question. Where did Syria get those weapons from? Anyone remember the reports of Iraqi shipments of weapons to Syria while Saddam was playing keep away with the UN inspectors?
It wasn't Obama's deal to do that. It was Trump's good buddy Putin. Are you just that clueless or playing dumb here? Keep reading Breitbart.
Old    deltahoosier            04-12-2017, 12:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
It wasn't Obama's deal to do that. It was Trump's good buddy Putin. Are you just that clueless or playing dumb here? Keep reading Breitbart.
Don't read Breitbart. Apparently you do since you supposedly know what they are saying.

From Susan Rice:

We were able to find a solution that didn't necessitate the use of force that actually removed the chemical weapons that were known from Syria, in a way that the use of force would never have accomplished. Our aim in contemplating the use of force following the use of chemical weapons in August of 2013 was not to intervene in the civil war, not to become involved in the combat between Assad and the opposition, but to deal with the threat of chemical weapons by virtue of the diplomacy that we did with Russia and with the Security Council. We were able to get the Syrian government to voluntarily and verifiably give up its chemical weapons stockpile.

Straight from Kerry

John Kerry on Syria's Chemical Weapons (Oct. 31, 2014) | Charlie Rose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfGmidMKstU
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 8:27 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us