Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       06-12-2006, 3:15 PM Reply   
I see a lot of boats out on sammamish and I alway wonder which boats go with the people on Wake World.
I usually go behind a white and black Malibu Sportster. If you see me out stop by and say hello.
Old     (slaysher)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-12-2006, 9:24 PM Reply   
I'll be out in my company's new Supra. (OBRIEN) blk & wt from time to time so I'll keep and eye out for ya.

i just got back from havasu about three weeks ago and it was amazing...can't wait to start the summer here.

most the time i ride on lk washington though.
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-13-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
Boat is in the profile pic. I live on the north end so if you ever see me out say hi.

We need to have a WW tie up on Samm sometime...maybe July-Aug once the summer starts.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-13-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
Pic of mine in the profile. Stop me if ya see me. Saw Met Daren P last w/e. Was good to put a face?boat to a name. BTW..nice riding dude!

Bill - I was thinking/wondering the same thing. Maybe a Friday cocktail & music Tie-up once in Late July when sundown is around 10pm? I'd be in for that.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-13-2006, 2:26 PM Reply   
I'm going deep under cover this weekend. Nobody will know who I am.

Bailey,

Not sure but we rode side by side with a boat just like yours last weekend up north next to the mansion with the helicopter.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-13-2006, 2:41 PM Reply   
I don't think I qualify to be on this thread anymore.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-13-2006, 2:56 PM Reply   
Cliff - I am always under cover on Lk. Samm, you never know what boat I will be on. Malibus, Nautiques, Mastercrafts, Supras, etc....

With Hahn and Umali gone, what other professional thirds are left on Lk. Samm?????
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-13-2006, 3:58 PM Reply   
Being a professional third is an art form! Here are some good tips on always getting invited back:

1. Always have the newest gear for others to demo.
2. Learn how to drive the boat well without perfect pass.
3. Always push the other riders in your crew.
4. Learn how to drive the perfect double up.
5. Always pay for gas and wipe down the boat.
6. Be ready to ride at a moments notice.
7. If you have access to shwag, give it out often, it goes a long way!
8. Bring hot girls to the lake.
9. Always bring beer!

If you follow all nine rules, there is no way you won't get invited back!
Old     (billyjodonjimbo)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-13-2006, 9:59 PM Reply   
i'm new to lake samm, but I am a pro thrid as well......
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-14-2006, 9:16 AM Reply   
Where was I when Steve was a pro third? I can honestly say I have not yet met one as none one brings hot girls around me/my boat. Wonder why?

I will be under cover with Cliff this w/e. No one will be able to find us. tee hee.

Miles - Show us the hot girls first then we'll decide if you're a pro third.LOL!
Old     (billyjodonjimbo)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-14-2006, 2:58 PM Reply   
haha. All the hot girls I know quit talking to me....go figure...

Got all the rest though!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-14-2006, 3:59 PM Reply   
I have to give it to Hahn on this one. I've yet to find a third as versatile and ready to go as he was.

Umali... uhhhh... oh nevermind. I will say I doubt he'll miss on the offer here in the near future.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-14-2006, 4:02 PM Reply   
got that right! that lake sucks ass! and you should hear what hahn really says about sammamish, now that he's seen the light.

(Message edited by dakid on June 14, 2006)
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-14-2006, 4:13 PM Reply   
What do I say about Sammamish? Washing machine comes to mind during the summer? But midweek it's butter in the AM? Just can't handle the weekend warriors!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-14-2006, 4:14 PM Reply   
you said the same thing i did. "that lake sucks!" but you added "every now and then, it's good, like the winter."
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-14-2006, 4:18 PM Reply   
No no no I said Cliff sucks! Lol! Jk!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-14-2006, 4:18 PM Reply   
bahahahahahahahaha!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-14-2006, 4:27 PM Reply   
Umali,

You misunderstood my response. Check the the Ode to Moby thread NUMBNUTS!

And by the way, I know you both miss me!!!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-14-2006, 4:30 PM Reply   
i was referring to the "Umali... uhhhh..." comment right after the hahn was "versatile and ready to go," suggesting i wasn't, NUMBNUTS!

ok, so i wasn't always ready to go.

(Message edited by dakid on June 14, 2006)
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-14-2006, 4:44 PM Reply   
Thanks Cliff, I guess I am not always ready to go when you call in the winter.

At least I know where I stand.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-14-2006, 4:55 PM Reply   
Is this the beginnings of a Cliff bashing? Lol! Miss you too honey!

xoxox
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-14-2006, 5:14 PM Reply   
Hahn,

You can't call it a bashing when your a limp wristed sissy boy. Gaze over at the jar on the mantle and try to remember the good ole days.

July 11th is coming up fast Lil Buddy!
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       06-14-2006, 8:41 PM Reply   
Is the professional 3rd list in order of importance because #8 looks good to me.

Cliff That wasn't my boat out last weekend. I usually go out during the week in the morning if I can find someone to ride with. Your boat was the only one I recognized out on the water. Your new one looks nice. A friend of mine had one like that until it got stolen and stripped for parts. It definitely has a great wake.
Old     (daren)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-15-2006, 10:30 AM Reply   
I usually get out one or two midweek afternoons plus weekend mornings (April - Nov). My Thursday buddy and I usually ride rain or shine.

I took out a 300lb guy once and he didn't take a run. That's a great third in my book.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-15-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
Daren - Nice seeing you out. Gotta get together soon. How much weight are you putting in that thing. The wake looked REALLY god from the view I got. Would've never guessed that was a DD.
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       06-15-2006, 2:51 PM Reply   
This is a shameless plug for the professional third but my neighbor got his first ticket in 20 some years for no spotter last week. I have seen the cop out quite a bit lately even on days when you wouldn't normally expect it (raining) so keep an eye out. The cop was also really sticky about USCGA vests so keep that in mind also.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       06-15-2006, 11:11 PM Reply   
Was it the older red headed guy? He has pulled me over a few times, I have yet to be doing anything wrong but he doesn't like loud music so I turn off the tower speakers when he is around.
Old     (daren)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-16-2006, 11:39 AM Reply   
Noti - We were riding with the stock 400-500lb locker sack, a 650lb sack on each side of the engine, and the wedge. Sometimes we put an extra 300lbs or so in the bow (half full sack). It puts out a pretty good wake I think - should be the same as the old VLX / vRide.

What kind of boat does the cop have this year? In the past, I've seen a yellow PWC, a bass boat, and the big white one that you could spot from a mile away.
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       06-16-2006, 2:26 PM Reply   
They have a couple of jet skis. I have never been good at spotting which ones are the police. They also have an aluminum boat that looks kind of like a fishing boat and that huge white one ( you can see from a mile away).
Daren- sounds like the wake on that boat should be pretty huge. In the sportster I run about the same weight but have a liltte more in the front and not as much in the back. Our smaller boat puts out a nice wake so I am sure yours is pretty sick.
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       06-17-2006, 11:09 PM Reply   
Well I recognized a few boats off of wakeworld this saturday on sammamish. The blue and white malibu got some good evening water. I can't believe it was as calm as it was out there.
I guess the water is the best when it looks like it is going to rain
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-18-2006, 2:10 PM Reply   
Troy and I went out at like 7:30pm on Saturday evening, great water, right up to 9pm, then is went to white caps....awful after that.