Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-12-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
I can now understand......

This past Sunday at Anderson (Nor Cal) we were pulling my son (12yo) on a skate. There were (3) PWC buzzing around, but keeping reasonable distance. One turned and started heading for our wake. I was thinking it's now time to stop and have some words. A second later my son falls. My son comes up and his skate is behind him. The PWC continues across the wake and just about hits the skate which was about a boat length (20-ish) feet from my son. The PWC was there before I could get our boat turned around and back to get in between. I think if there had been a gun in the boat, my wife and I would have got into a fight over who got to shoot first!

We got my son back in the boat and headed off to find the moron. We caught up and exhanged words (as we were taking down the CF #). There was some screamin' and hollarin' before we took off to find the ranger. The driver was an older guy (like me) and he had two kids on the back of his PWC. The thing I found amazing was he said, yelled actually, he saw my son. If he actually did, then I can only assume he thinks it is ok to buzz past a down rider within 20 feet. How do you reason with stupidity?

We've been boating for years and years and this was our first real brush with water stupidity. It is amazing. I write this in hopes that we (assumed to be people in the know) can help the morons out there stay out of our (and their own) way.

We did track down the ranger and provide the CF#. He took the info and headed out to "make contact" with the driver. Our day was toast at that point and we just headed out, so I don't know what ever happended.

BTW, it just so happened the guy was on a PWC. This is not a PWC vs Boat issue, this is an issue of Safe use of waterways vs being a dumb-a$$. It could have been a boat driver doing the same dumb-a$$ thing. We've owned boats and PWC's and enjoy riding both. Drivers of both just need to have a clue.

sorry, end of rant.......
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
In a completely seperate story, I jumped out of my boat at 35mph yesterday without really looking and was nearly ran over by 4 (FOUR!) boats that were trailing behind...

Obviously, I'm the dumba$$ in this story, but since we are talking about stupidity... I just wanted to warn other drivers that they should definately be aware that stupid people, like me, are all over the lakes!
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-12-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
We had a group of skiers buzz us when we were teaching the 5 yr old to wakeboard. They came within 30-40 ft for absolutely not reason. The tough guy on the rope did a big cut and went over the bars. i think he was trying to get over and spray us. We had taken a remote corner of the lake so we could be out of the way.

I stood and watched the driver and an older guy in the boat. I think it was a father and a couple of his older sons marking their territory. They seemed embarassed once they realized we had a grom out there with someone helping him get up.

It was a shame to see really, completely breaking the rules and causing an unnecessary danger. Especially with a 5 yr old in the water.

Not a skier vs wakeboarder thing at all. Just A-holes showing how tough they are because they own a house on a public lake.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-12-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
Steve, that sucks, man. Glad to hear your son was OK though.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-12-2006, 2:24 PM Reply   
Flux reminds me of another item to add to the list of "boater Etiquette": Leave the Ego in the tow vehicle.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-12-2006, 2:33 PM Reply   
The sad reality is jetskiers are usually uneducated when it comes to boater edicate. I'm sure there are some OK owners/riders, but i feel pretty safe in making a blanket statement of their stupidity.

When I get these knuckle heads buzzing around me, I cut power, and stop. Then instruct everyone in the boat to stare at the jetski, as if they were growing a second head. I make every attempt to make jetskiers feel like complete morons, even when they are not doing anything wrong. This doesn't work well when you're not pulling a skier.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-12-2006, 2:35 PM Reply   
I agree
lots of idiots

how do you guys handle things when a fisherman is parked in the only calm water on the lake?

ski there anyway...hoping that he will move?

just curious
happened to us last time out

can't fish swim in rough water?
Old     (phideltcraiger)      Join Date: May 2006       06-12-2006, 2:40 PM Reply   
I was out at New Melones on Saturday and it was "Free Fishing Day" (No fishing license required) and there was a local tournament. My brother in law was in the water with his wakeboard and a fishing boat screamed really fast about 15 feet away trying to get back to the fishermen shop to meet the tournament deadline.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-12-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
A fisherman once told me he likes fishing the shore while wakeboard boats are going up/down the middle of the waterway. Something about the wakes/engine noise forcing the fish toward the shore and onto his hook.. However, I don't know much about fishing, so it could be I'm completely misrepresenting what he said.
Old     (txadam)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-12-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
Cliff, when a fisherman is sitting in the calm water I just buck up & go find somewhere else to ride. Yeah, I'm a bit ticked that they're just sitting there fishing in the butter, but they were there first. It gives us wakeboarders a bad name when we go ask them to leave thinking we're entitled to that stretch of good water.

We wakeboarders all need to be corteous of others in the water & hopefully other people will catch on. At least hope the good karma comes back & gives some some good water
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-12-2006, 2:48 PM Reply   
Steve, For some reason Anderson has some really stupid PWC riders there.. last week when we were there, this 1 guy insisted on riding his ski around the left dock and when my wife was driving the boat to the trailer he insisted on cutting her off 2 times before I started to yell at him.. I just dont understand sometimes...
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2006, 2:49 PM Reply   
On a totally unrelated note, we went out to our lake the other day, I was out on my buddy's boat. I had just arrived, and while I was taking my board out of the car, this white trash redneck guy behind me turned to his 25 year old son (who probably still lives with his parents) and said (obviously in close enough proximity for em to hear), "I should'a brought my shotgun so when them waveboarders get close I could' pop a hole in ther boat!"

Totally uncalled for.
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2006, 2:55 PM Reply   
My dad is a white trash skank -- sorry Garret.
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-12-2006, 3:00 PM Reply   
Once again a resounding reason why there should be REQUIRED boater safety courses. The guy probably had no clue how far to stay from a downed rider much less any other rules for boating. A PWC seems to be so easy to operate although how many times do we see someone letting off the throttle and still trying to turn the thing???

California needs to require licensing of boaters or at the very least a boater safety course. Insurance should be required also just like our cars, and lastly boat operaters should be at least 18 years old- that way someone is old enough to accept responsibility, eduacated because of the required classes and financially able to be responsible because of insurance.

This isn't gonna be popular but it's the safest and most effective way to educate everyone on boating safety
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-12-2006, 3:18 PM Reply   
we have had similar expirences as most everyone has. we now carry a sling shot on the boat with a bunch of fishing sinkers in a bag, if they don't get the message to back off we fire a handfull of warning, usually don't need the 2nd volley. hate to be that way but we have to protect our riders and our passengers. also it's fun to kill some time takin' turns plinging things on the shorline ect... with the slingshot.
i had a guy actually hit my rope 7yrs ago and it ripped me under the water,rope burnt through my nipple and small of my back before the handle hit me in the ribs, after that episode we started defending ourselves from idiots like you expirenced, glad to hear no one got hurt.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-12-2006, 3:59 PM Reply   
I have had multiple incidents with PWC's getting too close while I was boarding. But I only got really pissed when this idiot came right next to our boat to listen to our music while we were pulling my 12 year old sister and her friend on a tube. I don't think he ever realized why we got so pissed at him, he was oblivious to the situation the whole time.

The scariest situation we ever had though was last labor day at Berryessa. My cousin was in the water and he was just about to start his run, while he was getting ready my dad shut the boat off. He jumps in the water and gets situated and out of nowhere a boat starts heading towards us. My dad wanted to quickly start the boat and get my cousin up, but he didn't get the rope! So now my dad tries to position the boat to protect my cousin from this oncomming MC X-30! They never saw us until their wake was damn near washed up onto our boat. The reason they didn't see us was that they had a child who had just gotten up for his first time and they were all looking back at him (watching and screaming of course). On top of that there had to be at least 13 people in the boat (most of them in the back) so the front end was way up in the air. Anyways, they misssed hitting our boat or my cousin by less than 10 feet. BTW we were honking/screaming as loud as we could the whole time and they never head us. The next weekend we installed an air horn!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-12-2006, 4:13 PM Reply   
Adam
I wasn't talking about the fishermen being there first
we are making runs up and down the shoreline...obviously in "the lane", and they wait and park right where we left

right where we had been boarding back to for 30-45 minutes

I understand being curtious, but sometimes it seems like they bully their way in in hopes to running us off
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-12-2006, 5:02 PM Reply   
Clayton,
What would posess you to jump out of the boat at 35MPH? Just curious.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-12-2006, 5:48 PM Reply   
My story is one you don't see every day. We were at Shasta about 10:00 am and found a nice arm to ride in, no boats and glass. Just as the 1st rider was getting into his bindings, in comes this big I/O with at least 4 tubes 8 kids, He slows down, putts over to us and asks is we were done riding or just getting started. we said we were on our 1st rider and he says, cool we will go somewhere else and tube so not to mess up the water for you guys. That's a first for me.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-12-2006, 7:08 PM Reply   
Randy...wow that guys was really nice!

I was riding last weekend in a little cove where the flat water was and there were about 5 fishing boats in there and we would run right between them and were all pissed off for the hour we were in there..
Old     (mimafour)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-12-2006, 8:29 PM Reply   
at shasta last year we were anchored in a no wake cove just chillin. 2 jet skis came in well over the speed limit. then 2 other boats follwed doing the same thing. then there house boat followed and it was moving fast too. i had a few words with one a$$ about it being a no wake zone. he said he had been swamped by wakeboard boats in the past. i told him not in a no wake area. i called the sheriff and reported his cf # and our location. guess what they showed up and gave them all tickets after interviewing us and some other folks that were there already in a beached houseboat. what can i say i was stoked that something actually happened to a bunch of a holes.
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2006, 11:01 PM Reply   
Rod,

I wish it were as simple as having just purchased an inboard and no longer having to worry about a "prop" behind the boat!

The combination of dare + cute girls in the boat + my roommates keen glare when I was discussing it could be done.

Stupid, yes. :\ Fun, ... uh, well, the girl saved muh life by going nuts and waving at the oncoming boats... and she now thinks she has saved my life -- and I "owe" her! haha.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-13-2006, 12:06 AM Reply   
I had a run in with some fisherman on Lake Roosevel two years ago. We weren't trying to make waves for them as they thought, but were just running the shore line as it was the only flat water. The boat was abot 150ft away from us. My brother had hit the wake and for some reason landed and rode it out just not with the handle. He ended up falling near the fisherman probably some 20ft away. The fisherman started going crazy on him but then once we came back to pick him up and had a few words with them explaining what happened and why we were riding where we were, they calmed down and told us to have fun.

On the other side of if it's ok to ride where people are fishing due to glassy water, what kind of rules do you guys all have for when you are looking for water. If it is a small area and someone is already riding it, do you join or find your own? We had a guy the other day who came out of nowhere and just started riding the one little piece of flat water we could find on the east side of Mercer Island. It made me a little upset cause the water obviouslly became rough.
Old     (lakeguy77)      Join Date: May 2002       06-13-2006, 5:28 AM Reply   
On my lake it's boats pulling tubes. The drivers seldom watch where they're going, instead looking behind them to see how they're torturing their children. And to boot they use wakes from wakeboard and ski boats to throw their tubes around and at times just get waaaaaay too close. I can't tell you how many times I've been pulling a rider down this one long narrow channel between the shore and an island where it's always calm, only to have a tuber coming the other way and weaving all over the place, and only spotting me when he's barely far enough away for both him and his tube to miss me.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-13-2006, 6:38 AM Reply   
I have found that PWC kooks love to jump our large wakes. I mean....why? It's water....buy a dirtbike if you want air with a challenge to land it! I attempted to wave off two of these clowns two weeks ago....riding right behind my 8 year old son. After that...I stopped, got him in the boat...cruised the cove and found them parked taking a swim.....BINGO! I circled them at about 10 mph....surf wake, about 10 times, staying about 30 yards out, and pretty soon they looked like they'd fallen off in the North Atlantic! It was great seeing them struggle to swim back to their PWC's and then struggle to hang on!

Paintball guns also come to mind in these cases!

DC
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-13-2006, 7:40 AM Reply   
I guess our jetskiers aren't all that bad. We encounter a lot worse tube pullers than jetskiers from a safety standpoint.

My rules on where to ride are simple:
1. Ride where you legally can.
2. Ride where there is good water.

I usually give fisherman more than the legal limit but as long as I'm keeping a fair distance, I'll ride in the same area. I'll also ride in the same area as other boarders when neccessary. From my experience, this leads to patches of rough water but still plenty of good riding water. If there is another alternative though, I'll take it. Something humorous I've noticed is that when we show up in our pylonless I/O and do some cool tricks, a lot of wakeboats with boarders who aren't as good take off. The wakeboats with better riders than us stick around.

And to be fair Foxrep, you like to jump your large wakes, too. You just do it on a board instead of in a PWC. Fortunately, what we do has the benefit of being both safer and legal.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-13-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
Yes I do like to jump my large wakes on my board.....that's why I spent the cash for a wakeboat. I just don't like doing it, or anyone else doing it behind my boat with an idiot that has probably been elbow deep in his cooler all day riding RIGHT behind us on his PWC! So....I'm not out to be fair in that case! Try getting hit in the head by a PWC after a fall from one of your cool tricks and maybe you'll see the original point of this thread!

DC
Old     (dedicatedwse)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-13-2006, 8:12 AM Reply   
Nick - I go out on South Lk Washington too. In my opinion, all nice water is free for everyone to ride and I will not feel bad at all boarding on a stretch of nice water already occupied. One small piece of flat water can support multiple boats if everyone knows how to drive and keep the water smooth. Unfortunately I am usually one of the only boats keeping the waves moving the correct direction, and the other boats screw it all up with power turns and general ignorance about how the rotation should work. There should be a boater's education class requirement with a topic on how to properly pull a skier/wakeboarder and keep the waves down. I was out at 7:00 one morning on beautiful water and a guy started pulling a tube right where we were riding. Give me a frickin break. Talk about frustrating.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-13-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
I'm fine with people driving properly but when all they do is role right next to you creating huge rollers and powerturning it turns all the water into crap. What made it even worse, was that on our way back to the launch after searching the lake for water our normal west side of the island was flat as can be. Oh well, what else can you say about good ole' Lake Washingmachine?!

Where do you usually ride on the lake?
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-13-2006, 8:59 AM Reply   
I also think people should take a boater's education class..if people knew how to drive properly then the water would remain calm..its not that hard..seriously! the summers get so frustrating!
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-13-2006, 10:25 AM Reply   
The worst is when I go to my normal fishing hole (same spot every day). Damn wakeboard board boat goes back and forth all day long sending huge rollers at us. I swear we could easilly snag their rider if we weren't paying attention. At first it's not so bad and fun to watch, but after an hour or two it gets old. If we don't yell at them they get comfortable and before you know it they are closer than ever. Worst thing about it is that those huge rollers are destroying the shore line and damaging docks. We can't even tie our boat to the dock anymore because the huge wakes slam the boat into the dock. Yeah, they have the right to be there but the damn hoodlems have no respect.

Perspective!!!
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-13-2006, 11:11 AM Reply   
If the lake were a Bar....there'd be a fight every 5-10 minutes.....all day, everyday.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-13-2006, 11:25 AM Reply   
Clayton, you are my hero. Pulling the ol' Baywatch move eh?
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-13-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
I hate water nats and the only thing worse is a drunk water nat. Most have tunnel vision and when they see a wake they head towards it. They have no respect for other boaters, boarders, skiers etc. I could careless if all jet skis were banned from any water way on the face of this earth. Seriously, how fun is it to drive in circles and sit on a little bitty vessel.

I have actually been ran over by a dumb ass before they was following to close and didn't realize I had fallen. Luckily I hit the side of the ski and not straight on. We had some words after I yanked his fat ass off that ski. That God for friends, if it weren't for them I would have drawn old tubby.
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-13-2006, 12:17 PM Reply   
Big Heavy - It was very David Hasselhoff..
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-13-2006, 12:41 PM Reply   
I mostly ride the cable now but live on a lake and have a boat. The PWCs love jumping my wake when we are boarding and I hate it not just because it's dangerous, but it messes up the water. Everyone has a right to go where they want, and I would never complain to a tuber messing up the water. But they don't have the right to follow me around.

I usually have good success waving them off but one day we had some persistant idiots following close. I floored it and spun the boat around and headed straight at them full blast. You should have seen the look on their face thinking they had some crazed nutcase about to run them over. I think they had to go home and clean their pants afterwards.

I like Brian's slingshot idea. Pull up to them and show then the slingshot and sinkers. Then tell them if they cris cross my wake at slingshot range, I'll be firing. The bad thing about PWCs is that they're pretty much boring and worthless if you aren't jumping some boat wake.
Old     (newman)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-13-2006, 1:07 PM Reply   
Try a slingshot and paintballs: they're like the peanut butter and chocolate of non-lethal munitions. Good for keeping deer out of the yard too.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-13-2006, 3:30 PM Reply   
try waking up earlier in the day to get the lake to yourself

or move out of california
Old     (dedicatedwse)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-13-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
Nick -

Lake Washingmachine...my favorite name for the lake.

I'm on the south end and rotate around with the direction of the wind. I rarely ride the east side of Mercer, seems to be very finicky for wind and it gets lots of traffic.

Here's how it normally works out:

Early mornings - West side of Mercer
Mid-morning - The south side of the bridge
Late morning - Along the hydro pits
After that it's a crapshoot.
South side of Seward Park has a small area that is sheltered from the wind too. Down by Boeing can be real nice too, except it gets pretty shallow.
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-13-2006, 6:44 PM Reply   
Finally, someone gave my slingshot some props. Thanks John. It really does work well. Yhe only bad thing about the paintballs is the evidence factor. U can dump the sinkers,walla, no evidence. ( We actually got the idea years ago when we used to fish in bass tournaments, guys would try to muscle in in your area and catch your fish or spy on the lures we were using to catch and win, can't use guns so we found next best thing.) Maybe someone could come up with a killer lookin' Billet slingshot and make some $$$. A little "bling sling" for nuisence problems.
Old     (dedicatedwse)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-13-2006, 6:47 PM Reply   
Try a water balloon launcher attached to your tower!!
Old     (ridetilldeath)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-13-2006, 6:59 PM Reply   
i second druffel's idea!!
like others have said, i believe that there are good jet ski drivers out there too.
however i have found that the majority are always screwing around creating hazardous situations.
im sure theres bad boat drivers too but i find there are alot more bad jet ski drivers!!!

Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-14-2006, 2:39 AM Reply   
more gun control?

haha, just stirring up the pot... believe me, I have almost brought my paintball gun many-a-time. But yeah, seriously now, no shooting...
Old     (thirdgear)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-14-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
I second Kevin's post. Every time we're out on Austin or Travis we run into numerous people that probably deserved to be pegged with some sort of projectile, but it's just not worth the risk. A couple of weeks ago on Travis, right around where we ride, a sail-boat cut off a wake-boat and the two had some words. The sail-boater went into his cabin, came out with a pistol and unloaded 7 rounds into the wake-boat's hull before driving off. We all know there are some screw-jobs on the lake, but I'll stick to yelling and firing the airhorn before I try to make any sort of physical contact with the idiots. If anyone puts any of my riders in danger, the police are a quick phone-call away. Launching something painful at these people would be indescribably satisfying, but at the end of the day this accomplishes nothing in terms of correcting their behavior (on the contrary, it will probably reinforce it and any negative feelings they have about "wakeboarders, people with inboards, people with brown/blonde/grey hair, whatever") and may actually put you and those in your boat at greater risk.
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-14-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
Austin:

If under sail, sailboats have the right of way.

Just import some PWC hatin Swans.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13192942/
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-14-2006, 10:27 AM Reply   
Whoa, the guy actually shot at the other boat??!?! That's insane
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-14-2006, 10:42 AM Reply   
Shredhead, yes a boat under sail has the right of way, under normal situations. However a boat pulling a person also has many extra "right of way" privileges. The main thing is that neither should take advantage of their situation and be an a$$. Safety is #1. Just because technically you can do something doesn't mean you should.
Old     (thirdgear)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-14-2006, 11:15 AM Reply   
Shreadhead:

I understand this, and my post didn't take the rule for granted nor did it attempt to argue against it. My point was that before you involve yourself in an altercation, especially physically, think about what the other person might be capable of. Regardless of who had the right of way, shooting at someone's boat was not the way of solving the issue.
(Edit: I see I said that the sailboat cut off the wake boat -- that's what I heard happened. The wake guy yelled at the sailboat and got shot at. Wake guy was in the wrong, but he should NOT have been shot at).

That swan article is insane. The few swans I've seen in our area on Travis aren't very aggressive, but Town Lake swans will totally gang up on unsuspecting canoe-ers. I've had to fend a few off with an oar more than a couple times.

(Message edited by thirdgear on June 14, 2006)
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-14-2006, 2:43 PM Reply   
My uncle use to live in Parker on the River, and he always carried a BB gun in his boat. There are some guys on PWC, obviously, that understand waterway etiquette, but there are also a large number who have no idea how dangerous those things can be to both themselves and others on the water.

I was out at Canyon Lake in AZ one time getting ready to board and here come to PWC's, a husband & wife I believe, and all of a sudden the guy does a U-turn right next to us, I guess to scare his wife. Well, I imagine she was scared when she regained consciousness. He pulled his u-turn right over the length of her ski and her head. It was the craziest thing I ever saw. I went swimming to her thinking she was dead for sure, as the guy was going 2-25mph. She managed to regain consciousness in our boat, but she was strugling.

Always have to be aware!

dg
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-14-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
bb guns, blah

we have conceiled carry in texas

"You cut us off!"
"...<blam>...your sinking...."
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-14-2006, 6:13 PM Reply   
great way of solving the situation dj... brilliant.
Old     (gr8n8)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-14-2006, 7:19 PM Reply   
Jeff I refer to jet skiers as lake leeches. It seems as if they are always around. Or I always say they are like diapers, They aint nothin but full of Sh@# and always on our A$$E$
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-15-2006, 3:25 AM Reply   
Druffel, you got the same order we have pretty much! It used to be the south side of the bridge was good in the afternoons, so far this year it hasn't been though. The NE side of mercer has been the best so far and then the shore along Boeing, just west of it wasn't bad yesterday. Definatly can be tricky though in the afternoons when it comes to looking for good water.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       06-18-2006, 8:21 AM Reply   
It's not always PWC's...
A couple years ago my wife and I launched in the evening before dark on the 4th of July to watch the fireworks on the water. We were cruising to a cove to anchor when an old yellow Bayliner came from nowhere and attempted to jump our wake about 15-20 feet back. After doing it once, they turned around to try it again. The four drunks in the boat were giving each other high fives and looked like they were hammered. I sped up and they started to chase our boat...getting within a few yards away. One of the drunks climbed up on the boat looking like he was going to try to jump from thier boat to ours. About that same time, the sheriff boat came putting around from the backside of some cruisers that were anchored up. When we saw the sheriff we started waving and the drunks took off in the opposite direction. The sheriff came up and asked what was going on. When we told him, they hit the lights and siren and started chasing the banana boat down the river. After catching the boat, we could see the sheriffs giving a field sobriety test to the driver on the bow of the boat... Next thing we know, the boat is getting towed back to the dock and a patrol car was there to take the driver to the local county motel.
There is justice in this world...