Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (sadcaper)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-16-2006, 3:24 PM Reply   
Just wondering how it compares to the carbon fiber handles out there. I have an old carbon fiber handle, but the grip is completely gone...so time to upgrade!

I like the looks of the Murray, but not sure how good it is for passing, grip, etc. Anyone know? Shaun...maybe you're out there for a quick review???

Thanks!
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-16-2006, 3:27 PM Reply   
Care for a suggestion on a different handle?
Old     (sadcaper)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-16-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
What you got??? I was wanting a white handle to match my white rope, so it was either the Murray or the limited edition Straight Line. The Murray is a lot cheaper (like half) so I was looking at that one first.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-16-2006, 3:45 PM Reply   
I have the limited edition Straight Line =D

Not for sale though, sorry. But let me tell you, it ROCKS. Best handle I have ever owned. Front the cash bro, it's worth it.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-16-2006, 3:50 PM Reply   
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/416/img25025um.jpg

heres my setup right now. And the handle kicks ass.
Old    wayknbayk            06-17-2006, 3:10 AM Reply   
I have an 06 Murray handle and I LOVE it! Its definitely a smaller diameter handle and it has a trigger grip to it. Everybody who has used it has loved it as well. I dont mind the grip of the straightline carbon handles, but I was worried about how much damage it could do to your board, your boat, and even yourself. Imagine taking that thing to your dome!
Old     (jon_m)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-17-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
the trigger grip didn't fit my fingers quite right. definitely hold it before you buy it.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-17-2006, 1:04 PM Reply   
was using the new Murray handle in the beginning of the season, and it liked it at first, but then
started to feel the ends of the handle kinda roll when edging.( look at the pic of Keith Lyman in WMB, can see the handle roll at the edges).
Maybe just a mind game thing, but I went back to my carbon handle shortly after and now use the murray handle on my trampoline.