Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       06-08-2006, 5:20 PM Reply   
Steve and I are taking a road trip to Texas for the 4th of July. We'll be in the West Fort Worth area (for the week) looking to bum rides and fire up the new winch. Anyone looking to ride, who wouldn't mind 2 scrawny tag-a-longs, should hook us up ... Well actually, it's more like, help us out. We're always good for ga$, food & drinks, raley attempts (Steve only), clean-up, and whatever else.

Also, what's the plan for the 4th? I'm hoping to be at Hell's Gate, but haven't heard when the show is, or if it's even going to happen... Any word, or ideas?

One more thing... We'll be checking out TSR for a day, is anyone else planning a trip?

Thanks!

-Blake
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       06-09-2006, 1:43 PM Reply   
What day did you want to go to TSR Blake? Maybe if we decide on a day some local TX wakeworld cablers would meet us there and show us how it's done! maybe the 2nd? Also, is anyone in the area going to be riding from the 30th to the 5th? We sure would love to get in some pulls!

-Steve
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-09-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
Check out www.dallaswakeboarding.com for some rides and people in the area.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       06-09-2006, 1:54 PM Reply   
Thanks Eubanks, I'll check it out!

-Steve
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       06-09-2006, 2:21 PM Reply   
I posted something along the same lines on dallaswakeboarding, but thought I'd kick a shout-out to the WW readers, too.

And to preserve the secretiveness of the secret spot, I won't ask any direct questions... But for anyone who knows what I'm talking about... We're looking to ride (desperately) in that area.

Steve,
I'm game for whatever... I guess we'll check to see what the hours are, and try to find out when would be the best time to show up.

-Blake
Old     (fhu667)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-09-2006, 2:55 PM Reply   
You won't have a problem finding a pull in the Dallas area if you hit DWB. I'll be riding on the east side.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       06-09-2006, 3:22 PM Reply   
I tried to post a thread on DWB, but for some reason it won't load... I think it's been nuked??? I'm trying to fix the problem now, but I haven't had much luck.

-Blake

Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-09-2006, 3:25 PM Reply   
Did you post it in the find a pull section?
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       06-09-2006, 3:27 PM Reply   
Yes, here's a link...

http://www.dallaswakeboarding.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7002

If that doesn't work, the actual thread title is "We're in desperate need of a pull, or two."

-Blake
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-10-2006, 5:58 AM Reply   
blake its working now and you have plenty of time bro thats three weeks or more away..most people dont know what they are doing three days from now..be patient it will work out it usually does..
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       06-10-2006, 5:34 PM Reply   
Bill,
Haha , my impatience shows, huh? I'm just a little anxious to head home, and show my buds the Texas scene. Thanks for the help.

-Blake
Old     (nellie)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-11-2006, 2:59 PM Reply   
Fireworks are on Saturday the 1st. Sunday at Possum Hollow.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       06-11-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
I'm assuming you're talking about Saturday, at Hell's Gate, right?

Thanks!

-Blake
Old     (texan1554)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
Let me know if you go down to TSR and wana stop for a ride in Waco. I am from Austin and go to school here, we've got some water no one knows about. Also most of the Austin and TSR riders are on www.under360.com, or www.360wakeboard.com give them a shout.

(Message edited by Texan1554 on June 12, 2006)

(Message edited by Texan1554 on June 12, 2006)
Old     (txadam)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-12-2006, 1:34 PM Reply   
Hit up texaswakeboarders.com if you're in the San Antonio area.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       06-12-2006, 2:33 PM Reply   
Davis and Adam,

Thanks for the heads-up... I'll check out the sites. Also, (when the time comes) we'll check in, and see if you're riding... Sounds like you know of some good water! Is it winch worthy?

Thanks again!

-Blake
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-12-2006, 3:21 PM Reply   
hit me up if you go to TSR, I'm no pro but I can teach you how to load the line and what not...
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       06-12-2006, 5:21 PM Reply   
Benjamin...

You got a deal. We'll definitely call you up when we head that way. This will be our 1st time on a cable, so any help will be great advice. Thanks!

-Blake
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-13-2006, 5:26 AM Reply   
Can probably help out, sent you an email.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       06-13-2006, 4:21 PM Reply   
Stanfield,

I got your email, and I must say... You're one cool dude.

I wrote you back, talk to you soon.

-Blake
Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-14-2006, 6:13 AM Reply   
Blake.........I'm pretty sure I know where Stan is suggesting you guys ride and if you need some help I'm there as well with a '02 XStar (providing Stan doesn't have to tow me this time) and a few other boats.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-14-2006, 6:59 AM Reply   
LOL, what ended up being wrong with it Zach?
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       06-14-2006, 7:22 AM Reply   
Zack,
Sounds good... Just before we leave, we're going to send you our cell numbers, keeping our fingers crossed hoping we hear from you .

-Blake
Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-14-2006, 8:14 AM Reply   
Pole decided he wasn't going to read the gas gauge so we were completely dry. Of course he tells me it has gas so I keep cranking and burn up the fuel pump........cheap lesson.

Blake......cool man looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll have my X back by then.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       06-14-2006, 8:42 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the responses guys. I know this is going to be a great trip. I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible!

-Steve