Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (gharvin)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-20-2005, 6:00 PM Reply   
I need a new board, I have been riding a LF Omega 143, and would like to know the difference in the other brands. What is comparable to this by hyperlite or cwb?? I have the xxl alpha bindings (wide foot) what hyperlite or cwb bindings are comparable to this? I am 6'1" and 240 pounds. Novice skill level.

Thanks for any insight!~
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-20-2005, 6:48 PM Reply   
this i is jacob valdez and me and eddie think you should ride a 147 era and the boots it is just how much you want to spend
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-20-2005, 8:29 PM Reply   
Don't listen to those Valdez dudes or you'll end up doing moves like this...

And looking like this...

Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-21-2005, 5:21 AM Reply   
I think you should stick with the Omega
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-21-2005, 5:35 AM Reply   
if you went from LF Omega to CWB or Hyperlite you would be riding a heavier board unless you got a board with the new L7 core or a CWB platinum....even then I am not sure the CWB platinum is that much lighter. I was able to go over to my friend's place who used to be a manager at Glass and Powder and he has a variety of both Hyperlite and CWB and I have an Omega. I have to tell you that LF has held the lighter end of things for a while. What's nice about LF is that they don't have different cores and sell them at different prices. I know they used to but that is history. They just make their boards right. I think it would be awesome to see a move toward one core that is the best core possible. Why would a company make two cores? It would make sense to make all the boards the best they could be from the shape to the core. They leave the older core in the mix to jack up the price of the newer lighter core. I know people will misread this and pick apart every detail of this post. THOSE PEOPLE GET "THE MIDDLE" THOUGH BECAUSE THAT IS NOT THE POINT OF MY RESPONSE. ALL THE COMPANIES MAKE QUALITY PRODUCTS. LF, HYPE, CDUB, GATOR, KROWN, ETC. ARE ALL AWESOME.
-Nate