Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (louise)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-20-2005, 5:52 PM Reply   
Well, I am starting to consider installing a tower on my boat. I have a 1989 2001 Ski Nautique and I am mulling over the advantages to having a tower vs. the pole.

I am pondering getting a collapsible tower for better storage options.

So, what suggetions does anyone have? And, if anyone has comments about stress cracks or additional measures for the support of the tower stress, let me know.

As always, thank you for your input

Louise
www.solsearch.us
Old     (drifter1136)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-20-2005, 6:17 PM Reply   
I have a 1994 sport nautique with a pole and it gets in the way all the time.So I just ordered a tower from www.newdimensiontowers.com Talk to wayne and see if they can make one for your boat.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-20-2005, 7:26 PM Reply   
www.monstertower.com --- looks sweet on the 2001 hull too..
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-20-2005, 7:50 PM Reply   
On that boat, I'd have to vote Monster also.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-20-2005, 8:02 PM Reply   
louise, go to www.monstertower.com and click on custoemr install photos then correct craft-- you may see "your boat".....
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-20-2005, 9:01 PM Reply   
Check out samson tower's.
Old     (wakespecialty)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-20-2005, 9:35 PM Reply   
Titan is starting to make some noise in the Correct Craft community as a vendor partner. If you want to add accessories to your tower, no question the Titan goods are superior. Their bimini and tower racks are top notch. You'll pay for the quality, but you bought a Nautique for a reason.

www.titanwake.com

New Dimension Towers also worth a look as a traditional "OEM" style tower. www.newdimensiontowers.com
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-20-2005, 10:11 PM Reply   
Check out the tower speakers samson offers. My tower is the factory supra tower. If I were to change it I would go with samson. MUST SEE!!!!
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       12-20-2005, 10:28 PM Reply   
Louise, I too like the look of the Monster tower on the 2001 :-)
Old     (louise)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-21-2005, 7:08 PM Reply   
Joshua - thanks for the link and directions. I saw boats very similar and heck, if Tommer and Levi have a monster tower, then who am I to second guess their genius

I looked at the Titan Tower as well and it sounds absurd, but I was totally turned off by their website. I have no idea how the tower will mount on my type of boat, what the cost is, how the tower looks on my type of boat, if it can work with my existing bimini, what colors (if any), etc. If anyone knows someone at Titan, tell them to get rid of the high-tech imagery and give the consumer the straight talk. I understand the necessity to press the metalurgy involved; however, it would be nice to see the finished product in use.

Monster has my vote. I like the construction, the way it mounts, the way collapses down, and that it looks like it can fit with my existing bimini...thank you all for the recommendation.

And, Tommer or Levi - if you are reading this, let me know about your experience with the Monster and I may pick your enormous brains about the installation requirements.

Thanks again

Louise
www.solsearch.us
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-21-2005, 7:10 PM Reply   
how are you going to preserve all the stickers?
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-21-2005, 7:18 PM Reply   
louise, good pic. i have installed a few of them and it is a piece of cake. also monster has got their act together w/ their website... very informative and the customer install tab is a huge seller.. also the price is kickass.. post up some pics once installed... my only recommendation for your install is to maybe glass in some plywood for extra support up front, especially if you plan on keeping the boat..
Old     (louise)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-21-2005, 10:14 PM Reply   
Joshua

That was my concern - the additional support needed for the torque of the tower. It is one thing to have a boat made with that "stress" in mind, it is another to force tension on the hull that was not in the boat's original design.

Tim - funny you should ask? I just removed all the stickers tonight. Going for the clean look now. Hope all is well your way...
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-22-2005, 4:39 AM Reply   
Louise, you don't really need to reinforce the deck on a SN2001. Most agree that the glass is plenty thick. Check out the2001.com and post some pics.