Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-09-2005, 1:55 PM Reply   
Well we have the favorite board graphics thread, so what about the ugliest board graphics thread.

So which boards make you want to puke, lets see them?
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       12-09-2005, 2:00 PM Reply   
Yours is pretty ugly in your profile pic
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-09-2005, 2:01 PM Reply   
Any Parks board.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-09-2005, 2:02 PM Reply   
LoL...Thanks, if you weren't a girl I'd punch you! Just kidding of course.
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-09-2005, 2:06 PM Reply   
It reminds me that a couple of years ago, Peter Line's pro model for Forum Snowboards went to a particularly gruesome graphic. Prior to that, his pro model accounted for a very large portion of Forum's sales (IIRC, something like 40%). The dealers and customers reacted so negatively to the new graphic, sales on his board fell by 90%. Needless to say, the following year, they were much more neutral, but the damage had been done.
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-09-2005, 3:02 PM Reply   
I bought my board 2 yrs ago and was offered a real good price on a board (not sure what make/model) that had a graphic of a plane crashing on it. Apparently the store were having trouble trying to sell it - no surprise.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-09-2005, 3:34 PM Reply   
i agree, parks' boards suck.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-09-2005, 4:07 PM Reply   
The 2002 Byerly 142 with the burning witch thing on the bottom was pretty bad. Seems like over the years, Byerly graphics are either really awesome or really horrid, no in between.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-09-2005, 4:15 PM Reply   
every board in the 2006 Hyperlite line up. Starting with Danny's board.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-09-2005, 4:23 PM Reply   
Maybe it's the skater in me, but I like the Premier graphics. I think the 3ds looks good also...oh well...LOL.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-09-2005, 5:09 PM Reply   
New 3DS is killer. Other than that, Hyperlite is horrible for 06.
New Absolute plat is one of the best I've seen, also Transcend.
LF Watson in person may be the best graphic ever.
Old    walt            12-09-2005, 6:05 PM Reply   
Fugly Factor (Level 10)
What up with the cheesy picture frame ?
And the bottom of the board makes me dizzy !

Remove the lame picture frame and the top looks great.

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-09-2005, 6:15 PM Reply   
ok, i just went thru every single byerly hyperlite ever made.

they're all hideous.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-09-2005, 6:35 PM Reply   
Joe, you're crazy, the original HL Byerly with that crazy technicolor blue/green/yellow dragonfly and venus fly trap scene was the bomb!
(I know you had that board!!)
Old    walt            12-09-2005, 6:43 PM Reply   
I kind of like this Byerly but I would agree with you about the rest of the Byerlys Joe.
It was My first board.

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-09-2005, 6:47 PM Reply   
Walt, I loved that board and still have it. I think that was number 42 board.
Old    walt            12-09-2005, 6:49 PM Reply   
42 ? It's true .....Your a slut !
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-09-2005, 6:52 PM Reply   
Wow a Byerly huh. That's not a very user friendly board to start out on.
Old    walt            12-09-2005, 6:56 PM Reply   
Thats why I got rid of it.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-09-2005, 7:01 PM Reply   
What's wrong with the 03' 142 Byerly graphics?That was my 1st board too and still got it!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-09-2005, 7:02 PM Reply   
yep boards, boards, and more boards I love them. I don't know what I am going to do now I haft to stay on one board for a full season or my wife is grounding me from the boat one week every time I ride a different one.

Walt can I use your garage for my board storage? I will let ya ride them. She will never know.
Old    walt            12-09-2005, 7:04 PM Reply   
Sure.....I can start making and selling wakeboard benches.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-09-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
doc, no way, i never had that board! although, same board as above, one of the best boards of all time imo (w/ decent graphics) was the 2000 byerly 142 limited.

Old    walt            12-09-2005, 7:10 PM Reply   
Ed,
Sorry Bro but the top of that board is Fugly IMHO.

The bottom is cool though !
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-09-2005, 7:13 PM Reply   
HEY HEY HEY Easy with the insults.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-09-2005, 8:06 PM Reply   
call me crazy, but i love jus about every byerly graphics...except that one ^^. it's alittle to holocaust for me...
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-09-2005, 8:59 PM Reply   
pshh them are tight graphics
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-09-2005, 10:50 PM Reply   
okay, I'll be the first to say I actually like the Era. I rode 05 Murrays and the brown grew on me.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-09-2005, 11:10 PM Reply   
To many CWB guys on this thread, J-Rod that all orange CWB board from about 5 years ago was kind of ugly.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-10-2005, 1:34 AM Reply   
Ed - that is one of the best graphics ever.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-10-2005, 1:35 AM Reply   
This one is still one of my favesas my first board, I still love this one. too small for me, but still a nice graphic. Norman, my frog, was in there.

(Message edited by denverd1 on December 10, 2005)

(Message edited by denverd1 on December 10, 2005)
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-10-2005, 8:51 AM Reply   
Not a big fan of the '05 and '06 absolute platinum.

Pretty funky if you ask me but the '04 and older.....SIIIIICK!

Nacho,I like the top of that Byerly,the bottom is a little too much for my taste.
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-10-2005, 7:16 PM Reply   
The Griffen on the bottom of the '05 Murray is awesome. I'm all about my '05 142.
Old     (off_axis_5)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-11-2005, 4:34 PM Reply   
I got the 04 parks and the 06 prem and i think they are both pretty ugly boards but i like how they ride and that's all i care about really

(Message edited by off_axis_5 on December 11, 2005)
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-12-2005, 2:43 AM Reply   
IMHO, any board that's too busy, especially when the busy graphics lack a cohesive theme (like the bottom of the new Shane board: yuck).
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-12-2005, 5:58 AM Reply   
big ed, the o5 ab platinum is sic! I love it personally, but the o3 graphics were best.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-12-2005, 9:21 AM Reply   
I think I am going to get into the board business and make all my boards plain solid colors. I was thinking about calling it "BLAH Boards" It would be for all you people complaining about graphics. on the boards. This thread is a waste. Obviously with Wakeworld being overrun by CWB fanatics your gonna have a lot of people talking about how great the CWB graphics are. I do agree that the platinum absolute and transcend are nice. But don't hate on other companies because they chose to put "different" graphics on their board instead of cheesin off of CWB. I think it is awesome that companies like Hyperlite offer different style graphics that stand out from the rest of the other companies. Personally I am pretty impressed with their graphics this year. BYERLY GRAPHICS ARE ALWAYS GOOD! I know this sounds like a Hyperlite commercial but actually i ride Liquid Force stuff, so see there it doesn't really matter to me. I just think there are better things to talk about than negative personal opinions.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-12-2005, 9:33 AM Reply   
It's all opinions and there are a million witticisms about opinions.

IMHO, (I ride an HL Parks btw) I think the Byerly graphics have nearly always been atrocious. I think the Parks graphics have been atrocious and now just aren't appealing to me.

Why atrocious? Because I think the artists are either unskilled or are pusposefully making it look that way. If you want robo dudes on your board get an artist that actually knows his stuff. The 03-04 Parks look like a kid copied pictures out of comic books to get the "cool poses" and "anatomy."

Now the Parks from 05 and 06 show that the artist actually knows his stuff. I still think they're ugly but the artist has talent.

I'm going to start a wakeboard company and make all my boards plain solid colors. I'll call it "Classy Boards."
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-12-2005, 12:07 PM Reply   
I like how you say WW is overrun by CWB fanatics. I find this funny because all of these so called "fanatics" very recently got on board CWB. I know J-Rod has been rockin his for awhile but most of these "fanatics" are new to C-Dub. Have you ever stopped to think there might be a reason for all the recent converts? Odds are good it has nothing to do with graphics as their graphics aren't the best(or worst). Like you said, it's all personal opinion so why should it piss you off that a lot of people with an opinion prefer CWB? Isn't this about personal expression? Why don't you want people who tout CWB to voice their opinion? Arewe all jumping on the "CWB Bandwagon" or perhaps, just maybe, we all found a board that we really like and it just so happens to be a CWB. This is what happens when a previously 2nd string company busts into the big game. I think that with this years Marius, Flame & Platinum versions CWB finally stepped into the realm of good graphics. Before that, not so much... I(& a few others) have been riding them for their shapes. End rant.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-12-2005, 12:10 PM Reply   
Good post Heavy.

Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-12-2005, 1:16 PM Reply   
It doesn't piss me off.....I believe CWB puts out a great product. I just this topic is useless. We are talking about graphics here not performance. We are talking in negatives which is what i don't care for....i simply pointed out that a lot of responses will always favor CWB on this forum. I have nothing against that I was just pointing out that if everybody made their graphics just like CWB that would make CWB graphics less impressive. The variety of different styles is what is so great about all the graphics of all board companies.

A fanatic is someone is fanatical about something. Just because they are new to CDub doesn't mean they won't be fanatics. Anyways, I believe you twisted what i posted into something negative against CWB. I was saying that this post topic is a negative topic...for those out there with the above boards labelled as ugly, fugly, etc., it sucks to see people posting negative stuff about their board. Now that isn't spreading the love.....is it? I don't mind the coolest looking board topic.....but come on.....do we really need to sit here and put down products that other riders might own and/or like?
-Nate
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-12-2005, 1:24 PM Reply   

quote:

Obviously with Wakeworld being overrun by CWB fanatics

that's not exactly "spreading the love."

quote:

do we really need to sit here and put down products that other riders might own and/or like?

are you really that bent because people are saying they don't like X graphics? we're talkin' about graphics, not board performance, company reputation, etc. we're allowed to have and express our opinion if a thread should ask for it.

chill for cryin' out loud. it's not that serious.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-12-2005, 1:35 PM Reply   
Best board graphic ever..... '06 CWB Pure. All black and smooooooth. WHAT?
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-12-2005, 1:52 PM Reply   
Hey Nathan, if you think it's a bad topic quit posting here and bringing it back to the top.

I actually think it's fun to hear everyone’s opinions, what they like, what they don't. One mans junk is another man's treasure. I started this topic because I knew that it would start a little more controversy than the coolest looking board thread, you know to actually give us something to discus. Look at the first reply from Melanie, jokingly she bashed my old board, but did I get all butt-hurt over NO, I laughed my ass off because it was FUNNY.

Long story short: If you don't like the topic, don't click on it.