Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-21-2014, 3:25 PM Reply   
So, I always like when boat manufacturers are innovative and come up with cool interior features. We spend a lot of time IN our boats so the features in them are arguably just as important as what it's like behind the boat.

What are your favorite interior features on your boat???

I recently upgraded to a 2008 Moomba XLV. I really love the playpen bow (with the basement storage locker that will take the 1,180 pound gravity games bag).

With the playpen, I really love the flip up backrests:

both rear facing

and one to close off the playpen. This one also doubles as a quick and easy windblock (flip up the seat and pretty much all the wind is blocked that would go under the windshield.

I also love the flip up backrest behind the driver's seat:

Last edited by trayson; 10-21-2014 at 3:30 PM.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-21-2014, 3:30 PM Reply   
It's also an interesting feature that there's a spot that was designed for a removable hard cooler. It's held in snug by the cushion above it and fits a Coleman party stacker cooler perfect.

Another option is that I can have the rear skybox seating by pulling the rear bench straight back and using the cushion above the cooler as a backrest. This pic is taking from the sundeck. I don't see myself using the feature very much at all, but I do like having the option...
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-21-2014, 4:53 PM Reply   
Not too many features on my boat to rave about but I do really like having the meshed seat base and back on my Tige. Keeps me a lot cooler on the sunny days and dry's fast.
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       10-21-2014, 6:36 PM Reply   
I like the chillax seating and hidden front ballast on my a22. Too bad they removed that for the new boats. I actually do like the see through seat bases so I can easily grab a small rope or my flag with out lifting the cushions. I also like the skybox seat that moves so you can step on the fiberglass tranny cover vs the back seat. I don't really use it for its intended purpose though.

I wish the chillax seating had a hard walkway underneath to step on with the seats up and a hard walk way on the back hatches. I also wish there was a hatch in the front of the bow for my anchor. There's plenty of space up there for one.

Most favorite part is the simplicity. I don't have miles of threads to clean salt out from.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-21-2014, 6:38 PM Reply   
Love the snap out carpet, love the rear facing seat back behind the driver, love the AO cooler, love the flip up anchor storage in the bow, love how deep the interior is, and love love love the standard gauges and love having heat on cold days
Attached Images

Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       10-21-2014, 7:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayson View Post
We spend a lot of time IN our boats so the features in them are arguably just as important as what it's like behind the boat.
I disagree, but of course that's personal. As you can tell from :

What are your favorite interior features on your boat???

That must be the smoothly forward and backward sliding driver's seat.
As it's the only feature my boat has that I can think of.

Has an awesome wake though!
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-21-2014, 9:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kx250frider617 View Post
I like the chillax seating and hidden front ballast on my a22. Too bad they removed that for the new boats. I actually do like the see through seat bases so I can easily grab a small rope or my flag with out lifting the cushions. I also like the skybox seat that moves so you can step on the fiberglass tranny cover vs the back seat. I don't really use it for its intended purpose though.

I wish the chillax seating had a hard walkway underneath to step on with the seats up and a hard walk way on the back hatches. I also wish there was a hatch in the front of the bow for my anchor. There's plenty of space up there for one.

Most favorite part is the simplicity. I don't have miles of threads to clean salt out from.
Yeah, the A22's feature set had it on my very short list of boats I wanted to upgrade to. But they were still too new and too expensive for me to throw down on.

My chillax seats do have the carpeted based underneath, so I have a place to step when they're in the up position. I like that.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-21-2014, 10:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
Love the snap out carpet, love the rear facing seat back behind the driver, love the AO cooler, love the flip up anchor storage in the bow, love how deep the interior is, and love love love the standard gauges and love having heat on cold days
Yeah, I'm with you on the standard gauges. I like how my PP is flushed in and dead center. Might as well put the most important thing in the middle. I dislike having my head unit in the glove box, but that's made up for by the fact that I have a 3" remote with a multi-line display.

Heat? Yeah, my boat didn't come with that, but I have a 4-port heatercraft system sitting in my living room waiting to be installed this winter. :-)

At some point I might just have to swap out to the AO cooler... But for now, the party stacker is getting the job done.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-22-2014, 8:53 AM Reply   
I really enjoy the smaller sun pad which makes for a lot more room in the interior. My 21' boat feels huge! 1800 lbs of ballast under the floor is also a treat making us carry a lot more crap that we really don't need
2012 MB F21
Name:  528006_3423022386116_1004296330_n.jpg
Views: 1844
Size:  73.5 KB
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-22-2014, 9:06 AM Reply   
I love the pickle fork boats because you can face to the rear of the boat. We had several VLXs before our MXZs and even when I switched to the MXZ I was "eh" about the look and bigger bow. Then our first session out people hoped up in the bow without being asked. I couldn't go back to a traditional bow at this point.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-22-2014, 9:19 AM Reply   
To the OP, I have to agree with you on the XLV. One of the most under rated interiors out there. I had an 08 from new and loved it.

We now have a MC X-30. Favorite interior features are:
- Rear Flip Seat
- Heated Seats
- All cushions on Hinges
- Wind blocker door
- Built in Cooler and Trash Can
- Storage!
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-22-2014, 9:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
To the OP, I have to agree with you on the XLV. One of the most under rated interiors out there. I had an 08 from new and loved it.

We now have a MC X-30. Favorite interior features are:
- Rear Flip Seat
- Heated Seats
- All cushions on Hinges
- Wind blocker door
- Built in Cooler and Trash Can
- Storage!
Tell me about the rear flip seat. that sounds interesting.

I've been thinking of retrofitting heated seats into mine at some point. How was it done on the driver's seat? Is it just the seat back and the actual seat bottom? (I find that we rarely use the seat bottom and almost always seem to be sitting on the flip up bolster). What parts of the passenger seats are heated?

As far as trash can, I use that in floor compartment (the one with the drain) as our trash can. I'd imagine some use it as a cooler but I get worried about skeezy bilge water back flowing into there...

Curious, did the XLV's when new come with the cooler under the port seat cushion (the one that doubles as the stadium seating backrest), or was that something that the previous owner of my boat added?
Old     (OneCent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       10-22-2014, 9:27 AM Reply   
hmm... G21

- Trash Can - perfect place and so useful.
- Seadek - i love it.
- Batterie switch and fuse - don't know why it was not there 6 years ago
- Subfloor Ballast and huge storage
- reverse Seating and hinges on all the cushions.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-22-2014, 9:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCent View Post
hmm... G21

- Trash Can - perfect place and so useful.
- Seadek - i love it.
- Batterie switch and fuse - don't know why it was not there 6 years ago
- Subfloor Ballast and huge storage
- reverse Seating and hinges on all the cushions.
So those of you with hinges on the cushions, do you ever find that you are lacking access that you'd otherwise get with the ability to pull the cushions completely off?

It seems like an easy enough thing to retrofit if I decided to tackle something like that down the road...
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       10-22-2014, 9:50 AM Reply   
SAN 210 TE
Reverse seating straight across from Port to Starboard
Snap out carpet (removed from day 1)
cigarette lighter plugs everywhere 5 total.
windshield defroster
FCT Flight Clip board racks
Attached Images

Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-22-2014, 10:00 AM Reply   
XLVs didn't come with coolers but the space is designed specifically for one.

- My heated seats were from the factory and are the seat and backrest of the observer seat and drivers seat.

- hinges seats are great but they are designed to work this way. Retro fitting might make it tough for access. Mc uses Gull wing seats too which are great.

I can't believe I forgot to mention the easy to fold ZFT4 tower and clamping board racks that double as fishin rod holders!
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-22-2014, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
XLVs didn't come with coolers but the space is designed specifically for one.

- My heated seats were from the factory and are the seat and backrest of the observer seat and drivers seat.

- hinges seats are great but they are designed to work this way. Retro fitting might make it tough for access. Mc uses Gull wing seats too which are great.

I can't believe I forgot to mention the easy to fold ZFT4 tower and clamping board racks that double as fishin rod holders!
Thanks for the info. I think that I can live without hinges. it's pretty low on the priority list. I don't really care about ease of folding my tower as I doubt I will ever need to.

It's cool to hear about different features people like. I'm pretty stoked on my XLV as it really has a lot for still being in that 'budget' tier. And I'm going to be keeping this boat for a long, long time!