Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                04-30-2003, 9:05 PM Reply   
I'm a 2nd year wakeboarder and my boat is an 1989 searay inboard 260 HP V8 motor. I only get about 4-5 feet off of the wake if I hit it perfect.
I know about the progressive edge and everything, but it just seems like you have to have a ski nautique or mastercraft to get big air. I've ridden behind both and have gotten 6 feet without even trying.
Is it me, my attitude, or the boat?

All I wanna do is pop off and do a few tricks, is that too hard to ask?

By the way i'm getting a pylon as well.
Old                05-01-2003, 9:40 AM Reply   
Take lessons.
Old                05-01-2003, 7:41 PM Reply   
I'm like you, 5 feet seems to be my max but I dont think its your boat man although others would sure throw you higher easier, look at all the cable riders getting mad air with NO WAKE
Old     (columbiatch)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-01-2003, 8:08 PM Reply   
Ron, the cable is a huge difference. Those corners put a huge amount of upward tension on the line. Clint, a pylon will help, weighting your boat will help, perfecting your technique will help.
Old                05-08-2003, 1:35 AM Reply   
Yeah, i was wondering the same thing. I have a sea ray also. I plan on getting ballasts, tower, and some instrutional videos. Hopefully this combination will help.
Old                05-13-2003, 1:59 AM Reply   
I have a dinghy and it has a tiny wake like 9' and i can get like 4ft off it maybe a little more and we dont have pylons so you should be able to get a little higher
Old                05-20-2003, 12:14 PM Reply   
I ride behind my Procraft Fish and Ski with an outboard, but I do alright. I am not sure how high I go, but I am looking down at the Roll Cage when I hit it good. As far as tricks go, you should be able to do the same tricks. Check out the no wake section of Detention II, a lot of riders can do inverts with just Ollies, so you should be able to do somethig off your wake.
Old                05-28-2003, 2:41 PM Reply   
Holy shnikes!! 9' on a dinghy. I know you meant inches.
Old                05-28-2003, 4:08 PM Reply   
i went out on my boat for the first time this season and i was going a whole lot bigger than i had before. It just takes mental practice and learing your progressive edge. Reading posts on this board helps so damn much.