Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-14-2015, 6:16 PM Reply   
So obviously we have been anticipating this year's Z3, since much of the testing and R&D we helped do is in this year's model and in the AVX. The new Surf XL package exceeds my expectations. Of course we are going to add some weight for the endless wave tour, but not much. Its great the way it is. I have only a few minor gripes.

I give my opinion, and then show many angles of a diverse group of surfers, all on the pure stock wake. I didn't even need to sit in the corner, much of the riding with RJ I was driving.

We are going to have this at the West Coast Wakesurf Open, of course, and then the rest of the Endless Wave Tour, but we have 2 other event NON wake9 events that we are going to be at in California if anyone wants to come out and get a ride and see for yourself.

The First is this weekend at Lake Rollins near Marysville, CA.

Then in June at Lake Berryessa:

I post in that video that it got 4 GPH. We did 10 hours and it did less than 4 GPH, I took careful records and this year the hour meter works in tenths, so more accurate. I am keeping receipts and planning on logging every outing.

I can tell you we can surf at 11.6-11.8 MPH and it barely hits 3000 rpm even with the extra comp weight and full of people. The new ACME 15" prop (2419) is working amazing, it even handles more positively at idle speeds, I want to try it on the old Z3.

Acme sent me a new prop to try, can't wait to test that, ACME thinks it may do even better.