Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       09-21-2008, 7:43 PM Reply   
So, on Saturday I picked up an H20 Waterproof Ipod case (w/ included armband) and wp headphones. This is for my Gen3 Nano. The case is $79.95 and the headphones another $39.95 The packaging shows someone wakeboarding and I believe they also advertise in Alliance Wakeboard Mag, etc...

The sound quality isn't the best, it sounds like really cheap headphones but hey- you can wakeboard with them right? Wrong.

On my first hard fall I noticed my headphones were off my head. Then I noticed the armband was all twisted-up. Then, the best part- my Ipod (in its new WP case) was long gone! I looked all around me but it must have sunk to the bottom fast (40+ feet of water). So, I owned the H20 stuff for less than 24 hours and now all I have left is the neoprene armband. (?)

I obviously think at the very least I should get a full refund for the H20 stuff but I am probably out of luck on the Ipod. Anyone else had any similar issues?? I already replaced the IPod with a Gen4 Nano since I listen to it in my truck and use it often.
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-21-2008, 8:00 PM Reply   
My cousin uses the same case, but has an oneill lifejacket that he puts the case into. I think it has a zipper to keep it in there.

Sorry to hear about that. I would call them and tell them what happened. Send pictures. Let us know what happens
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-22-2008, 5:33 AM Reply   
I've never lost mine in the water but some douche broke out the window in my truck and stole my ipod. I love my H20 setup though, here is a 20% off coupon code: spangle
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-22-2008, 6:17 AM Reply   
That's the exact reason I haven't used mine once in the 3 years I've had it. I heard the arm band easily slips off, and the headphones wouldn't stay on. I'd get a liquid tunes or just the shuffle one, it wouldn't hurt as much to lose those.
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       09-22-2008, 11:19 AM Reply   
Well, H20 Audio stands by their product. I called them today and they are sending me a new Amphibx armband and new H3 head phones. I am still out an I-pod Nano but overall I think H20 Audio handled the situation well. I guess i still have the option to return the H20 stuff once it arrives and get a refund from my dealer since I'd be hesitant to use it again while boarding. BUT, i have an old cheap MP3 player I could use with the new armband while boarding. I'd just tie a float to the thing in case it goes flying off again during a hard crash.