Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-17-2012, 7:56 PM Reply   
Oh Brett maybe you should go take a closer look at a new Tige. They have cup holders on the floor as well as in the cut outs. I dont know why people dont like them on the floor. My older one has them there and I love them. I would be pissed if they changed that. See I like not having to turn around and find my drink. I just reach down and boom there it is. To each their own. They have them in the side pannels so your all set. I dont know why people dont talk about the Z1 on here,but I do know this the people that own them love them!! The new Z1 might be my next boat I really like everything I see and hear about it. I really do think its going to be the TOP boat in the 21ft market. But we will have to wait and see.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-17-2012, 7:58 PM Reply   
LOL Timmy beat me! But you get the point!!
CUPHOLDERS EVERYWHERE!!!!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-17-2012, 7:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
They have cupholders in the cutouts and on the floor and have for a few years now.
IF they have them in the cutouts then just get rid of the ones on the floor. they are useless if there are one's in the cutouts unless you like things that take up floor space, collect dirt and help stub your tow/stop on weird. They need to have 3 or 4 in each cutout plus room for 2 speakers in each cutout. Then ditch the speakers in crappy spots and the cupholders on the floor.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-17-2012, 8:06 PM Reply   
eh? they dont bother me, when i sit on the back bench in the middle on my buddys x-25 i have no where to place my ice cold man soda, on my tige i just reach down and presto, cup held. buh-bye cold fingers.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-17-2012, 8:28 PM Reply   
Yes Brett there are 3 in each. They are not your traditional style cup hodlers. They are molded into the fberglass insert.
*** Tige please do not take away the floor cup holders!!!!! Also leave speakers where they are. Nothing worse than it being behind someone and they block the sound!!! When they are where you have them now they sound great!!!!!!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-17-2012, 8:38 PM Reply   
I firmly believe that the best space for cabin speakers is overhead on the tower shooting down into the boat. In fact I'm getting firm just thinking about it.

No doubt speakers in the cutouts shooting in to your back are stupid.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-17-2012, 8:46 PM Reply   
I used to think that the speakers in the cutouts was the way to go until I rode on someone's boat that was loaded up with people and you couldn't hear the stereo anymore. Legs are much smaller than bodies and as such don't cover the speakers as much. When you only have a few people in the boat, speakers in the cutouts definitely sound better. Catch 22 on that one.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-17-2012, 9:57 PM Reply   
What's with the back seat? Why does it bump out in the middle? Is there a purpose for this? Or is Tige just being cute with it's design... trying to look "edgy?" I'm generally not a fan of anything that disrupts the clean flow of wrap-around seating

Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-17-2012, 10:03 PM Reply   
A lot of opinions on fair market values in this thread so I will quiz the masses.
What do you all think is a "GOOD" price for a 2013 Z3 with a 343, standard paint scheme, 2 REV 10's, Pro Ballast, Transom Lights, and basic boat mate trailer?

Anyone? Whats a FAIR price for this boat in your opinion?

Thanks!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-18-2012, 3:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
What's with the back seat? Why does it bump out in the middle? Is there a purpose for this? Or is Tige just being cute with it's design... trying to look "edgy?" I'm generally not a fan of anything that disrupts the clean flow of wrap-around seating

The bump out is to give you more interior space.Tigé has done that on previous models.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-18-2012, 5:04 AM Reply   
The bump out looks like it could be a problem. But after being in an RZR Sunday with 10 people I can tell you that you will never even notice it. I sat all over the boat and slid across the back seat multiple times. Never thought about it. It doesn't break up the seating or wrap around at all.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-18-2012, 5:07 AM Reply   
Another thing about the floor cup holders vs. the ones in the cut out is when you have alot of people in the boat you don't have to ask anyone to move to get your drink. I like both and am glad they have both. You have the option because one might be better for you depending on where you are sitting.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       09-18-2012, 5:15 AM Reply   
The bump in the middle is actually because of the engine. They pushed the seats on either side, back into each ski locker in order to get more interior space. It's never been a problem on my boat. It's actually more comfortable when sitting in each corner IMO than if it were flat because you feel more tucked in.

I agree that Tige should make the speaker locations look more like they meant to put them there rather than an after thought. The rear speakers and the bow speakers do look this way but the ones midship look like an after thought.

In terms of speaker placement, where they are is actually a good spot. I've been doing high end home audio, video and control systems for over 10 years now. We always place speakers in Dining rooms in the walls, below ear level. Builders and clients still sometimes look at me funny but when I explain it to them, they get it and once it's all done, they totally get it.

There's nothing worse than having music playing at a low to moderate level and having to turn it down in order to hear someone talk. When the speakers are below ear level, you are able to have the music at a decent level and still be able to have a conversation. When you want it to get loud, it will still get loud, but you don't have to worry about constantly adjusting the volume or worry about someone sitting in front of a speaker.

I'm sorry, but having speakers on a tower, firing down into the cabin is maybe the poorest choice. First of all, it's going to look really silly. Second, anyone sitting directly under the speakers is not going to be happy which would usually be the captain and the observer.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-18-2012, 5:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhart73 View Post
A lot of opinions on fair market values in this thread so I will quiz the masses.
What do you all think is a "GOOD" price for a 2013 Z3 with a 343, standard paint scheme, 2 REV 10's, Pro Ballast, Transom Lights, and basic boat mate trailer?

Anyone? Whats a FAIR price for this boat in your opinion?

Thanks!
We don't know the MSRP for THIS z1 one yet, making this question very subjective. Let's assume that it follows RZR pricing as the z3 follows rz2 pricing. Given a base price of about 60k, a great deal would leave you about there, while I would say a good deal would fall into the 62-67 range with normal around 70k. I'd guess an asking price of about 75 on a boat like that
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-18-2012, 5:36 AM Reply   
Others can chime in, given what my dealer gets for his boats, and knowing what we paid for ours this is what I would consider normal in the northeast region.
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-18-2012, 11:16 PM Reply   
So you think somewhere out there someone will custom build a 2013 Z3 for 62-67k? If you wouldn't mind PM'ing me said dealers name I'm all over that deal!!!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-19-2012, 5:11 AM Reply   
^ Seems unlikely...
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       09-19-2012, 5:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhart73 View Post
So you think somewhere out there someone will custom build a 2013 Z3 for 62-67k? If you wouldn't mind PM'ing me said dealers name I'm all over that deal!!!
No chance. You are about 10k off.
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-19-2012, 6:00 AM Reply   
I kind of said that tounge and cheek. I was under the impression that the good prices on the Z3 are in the 78k to low 80's range depending on options and trailer upgrades?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-19-2012, 7:02 AM Reply   
I thought he was saying z1!! My bad
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-19-2012, 8:56 AM Reply   
There is a nice demo Z3 on ebay for 75k.FYI
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-19-2012, 11:02 AM Reply   
Yeah that seems low. Thats about what most dealers are selling pretty basic RZRs for. List on bone stock RZR without the Alpha Z tower is $61,100. Add just the Alpha Z and a cover and your over 65K.

I saw that one on ebay when we were on vacation in Lake of the Ozarks. Sweet boat.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-19-2012, 12:00 PM Reply   
pro ballast and tower of power and flex gel and you hit about 78k, then whatever you can talk your dealer down... so i would hope at least 10k...
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-19-2012, 12:07 PM Reply   
Seems pretty close to what I am being quoted. Everyone knows the Tige MSRP's are high. I think 15-20% off MSRP are very do able numbers on the Tige's.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-19-2012, 12:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
seems pretty close to what i am being quoted. Everyone knows the tige msrp's are high. I think 15-20% off msrp are very do able numbers on the tige's.
bingo!
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-19-2012, 8:50 PM Reply   
One on ebay is one of the first generations of the Z3 prior to the hull being changed to the surf beast it is now..... I would stay away from that one if you like to surf.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-27-2012, 4:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
Tige has come a long way, but they are still a hard sell here in Minnesota and many other parts of the country. They have a bad rap from the boats they built in the late 90's and early 2000's. For good reason. Those were not a boat I would own and I have a off brand inboard and am far from a boat snob. WE looked at Tige earlier and they have come a long way and I would own a newer one. But the problem we saw was price. A bare bones R20(stereo and a cover) listed at like 62K and the dealer acted like he was giving me the family deal at 50K. We thought it was over priced for what it was. No options and was just super plain.

I think alot of Tige dealers are having problems moving them, but they aren't the only brand. New Moomba dealer up here has a bunch of 2012's and wants list for everyone. Good luck with that. Plus they have a bunch of options no one wants.
Check out the NMMA CSI awards Tigé has won that award 8 years in a row.They are the ONLY manufacturer to do so 8 years in a row.Check the home page for proof.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-27-2012, 5:14 PM Reply   
Only manufacturer to pay to enter their boats 8 years in a row?
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       09-28-2012, 9:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Only manufacturer to pay to enter their boats 8 years in a row?
CSI awards are based on customer satisfaction. If you buy a new boat, you get a survey that you fill out, and if the company scores high enough with their customers, they get a CSI award. If by "pay to enter their boat", you mean they paid to be NMMA certified (like almost every tournament boat company) then yes, they did
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-28-2012, 11:56 AM Reply   
I always love/hate these kinds of posts. For every boat made, there are good examples and bad examples of performance and durability. And hindsight makes some buying decisions look good and other pretty bad. As Bryce noted earlier, I have owned a 2001 2100V limited with all of the available options that Tige had in 2001- since new. Here is the list of "issues" i have had-
1) redid the vinyl seats in behind the windshield 2 years ago
2) had a relay go out about 7 years ago- 40 bucks to fix.
3) Extreme trailer- replaced all bunks, brakes, axle ( my fault) and one light
4) ripped out the pilot gauge and replaced it with Perfect Pass Pro in 2003.

That's it. the tower is original- it doesn't rattle, there are no cracks, and it pulls riders just fine. The wake is excellent the way I have it weighted - 400's on either side of the engine and 600 in the walk. The surf wake is among the best I have ever seen and I have ridden every manufacturer over the years.

In 2001 when I bought the boat, I looked at the Mastercraft x-star, Maristar, the MB V-Drive, Nautique Super Air( i think that's what it was) and Malibu. The Tige was larger than all but the Maristar, rock solid- still is- no rattles anywhere- and very competitively priced. I have no regrets with my purchase and no one has yet to say to me- I don't like your wake.

In the last few years, all boats have gone WAY up in price- they make fewer of them, and the labor/build costs is skyrocketing due to lack of volume. That's not going to change any time soon due to the economy and the demand for v-drives - which is at an all-time high. Is Tige over-priced? YES Is MC overpriced HECK YES, same with Nautique and Malibu..

Finally, I am going to replace my boat in the next 1-2 years for sure. Will I buy another Tige- I doubt it- only because there are no decent dealers in the Twin Cities- it's been a problem forever. The quality however, is very good and their customer service is outstanding (from the factory) I personally received a call from Charlie Pigeon when I bought my boat- doubt he does that anymore- but it was pretty cool at the time.
My point I guess, is there's 1000 opinions for every boat made and if you're basing your buying decision largely on what you read on this site- it sucks to be you. You will second guess your decision forever. Test drive the boat and look for a great dealer with a great service department, and most importantly- go have fun with your over-priced water toy.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-28-2012, 12:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by will5150 View Post
I always love/hate these kinds of posts. For every boat made, there are good examples and bad examples of performance and durability. And hindsight makes some buying decisions look good and other pretty bad. As Bryce noted earlier, I have owned a 2001 2100V limited with all of the available options that Tige had in 2001- since new. Here is the list of "issues" i have had-
1) redid the vinyl seats in behind the windshield 2 years ago
2) had a relay go out about 7 years ago- 40 bucks to fix.
3) Extreme trailer- replaced all bunks, brakes, axle ( my fault) and one light
4) ripped out the pilot gauge and replaced it with Perfect Pass Pro in 2003.

That's it. the tower is original- it doesn't rattle, there are no cracks, and it pulls riders just fine. The wake is excellent the way I have it weighted - 400's on either side of the engine and 600 in the walk. The surf wake is among the best I have ever seen and I have ridden every manufacturer over the years.

In 2001 when I bought the boat, I looked at the Mastercraft x-star, Maristar, the MB V-Drive, Nautique Super Air( i think that's what it was) and Malibu. The Tige was larger than all but the Maristar, rock solid- still is- no rattles anywhere- and very competitively priced. I have no regrets with my purchase and no one has yet to say to me- I don't like your wake.

In the last few years, all boats have gone WAY up in price- they make fewer of them, and the labor/build costs is skyrocketing due to lack of volume. That's not going to change any time soon due to the economy and the demand for v-drives - which is at an all-time high. Is Tige over-priced? YES Is MC overpriced HECK YES, same with Nautique and Malibu..

Finally, I am going to replace my boat in the next 1-2 years for sure. Will I buy another Tige- I doubt it- only because there are no decent dealers in the Twin Cities- it's been a problem forever. The quality however, is very good and their customer service is outstanding (from the factory) I personally received a call from Charlie Pigeon when I bought my boat- doubt he does that anymore- but it was pretty cool at the time.
My point I guess, is there's 1000 opinions for every boat made and if you're basing your buying decision largely on what you read on this site- it sucks to be you. You will second guess your decision forever. Test drive the boat and look for a great dealer with a great service department, and most importantly- go have fun with your over-priced water toy.
Good post
Old     (tonytige)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-28-2012, 2:34 PM Reply   
will5150
You are correct in your post that we in the past have not had a good dealer in the Twin Cities. Please go by and check out our new dealer Heinen's Motorsports over in Osseo. Paul and his staff are excited to be caring Tige and have done a great job with the line in your area. They have the complete Tige line of boats and would be happy to show them to you. Tige is excited about the new Z1 and will be setting up demos at our dealerships throughout the country very soon. If you guys have any questions about the boats please feel free to e-mail me at tony@tige.com.

Tony Fussell
Director of Sales
Tige Boats Inc.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-28-2012, 3:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytige View Post
will5150
You are correct in your post that we in the past have not had a good dealer in the Twin Cities. Please go by and check out our new dealer Heinen's Motorsports over in Osseo. Paul and his staff are excited to be caring Tige and have done a great job with the line in your area. They have the complete Tige line of boats and would be happy to show them to you. Tige is excited about the new Z1 and will be setting up demos at our dealerships throughout the country very soon. If you guys have any questions about the boats please feel free to e-mail me at tony@tige.com.

Tony Fussell
Director of Sales
Tige Boats Inc.
This guy is awesome to work with, he will definitely help you out. Still kind of bummed I didn't end up with a Tige; Tony worked very hard to get a deal done for me.

Last edited by MattieK27; 09-28-2012 at 3:39 PM.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-28-2012, 3:58 PM Reply   
Tony is the man!
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-29-2012, 7:04 AM Reply   
Hey Brett- Thanks- You know I bought my boat at Ski Dogs in Auburn, WA. I lived in Kent, then Sammamish for 17 years before I came to Minneapolis. I don't think Ski Dogs is around anymore- who's repping Tige in the Seattle area?
I miss Seattle- Awesome place, some great riders and boarding all year long!
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-03-2012, 4:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by slax303 View Post
CSI awards are based on customer satisfaction. If you buy a new boat, you get a survey that you fill out, and if the company scores high enough with their customers, they get a CSI award. If by "pay to enter their boat", you mean they paid to be NMMA certified (like almost every tournament boat company) then yes, they did
I don't remember getting this CSI survey when I bought my new Nautique maybe not all boat companies participate in this? Besides if someone sent you a survey 2 months after you bought your boat guessing it would be much different after 2yrs or more.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-03-2012, 4:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
I don't remember getting this CSI survey when I bought my new Nautique maybe not all boat companies participate in this? Besides if someone sent you a survey 2 months after you bought your boat guessing it would be much different after 2yrs or more.
Pretty sure I'd have the same answers 2 years later...
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-03-2012, 4:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Pretty sure I'd have the same answers 2 years later...
Well what I meant is you'd certainly know your boat much better as well as how your dealer was and even the manufacture.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-03-2012, 4:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Well what I meant is you'd certainly know your boat much better as well as how your dealer was and even the manufacture.
Truth.
But..
This would be my advice: do your research, research your are dealers, research here. Half the people here have opinions that stink the other half know what they're talking about, climb the boat, measure the thickness of the fiberglass in spots and compare, ride behind it if you can. If you do all of the above you'll be just as happy 5 years later as you were when you spent your first dime on the boat...
Old     (jeffdep)      Join Date: Oct 2018       12-12-2018, 12:48 PM Reply   
Tige does not stand behind there products - PERIOD. I have had two and the first was fine, my 2012 Z3 is a piece of crap! I have had to have the seat replaced 3 times with them and the last set is two seasons in and falling apart again. I had to pay to ship the boat back to the for this last set costing me $1000 and a ton of time. I found a local upholster to do them right this time for less that $5700 with material that will last and they are refusing to pay for it. Yes the boat is 6 years old, but the seats are only two years old and should last many years. Everyone that I talk to says they where put together poorly, with no re-enforcement at the seam and the material is sub par. They are forcing me to sue them and I will. If you are having similar problems feel free to reach out to me at jeff@RMRM.net.
Be sure to shop elsewhere for a boat $80+ for a Tige! You mine as well buy a Bayliner. There dealers are jerks as well, unprofessional and complete lairs. Performance Marine in Osage Beach made this the worst experience ever, with poor service and the owner is a complete thug!
Old     (NorCal_Jason)      Join Date: Feb 2017       12-13-2018, 1:38 PM Reply   
Wow, I'm not sure why you dug up a 6 year old thread to post this rant but that sucks you have had so many issues. I don't think many people on this forum will agree with buying a Bayliner instead, maybe just another brand of wake boat!