Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-27-2014, 8:02 AM Reply   
Well my first day out on other water this year and I am done for the season with a torn quad tendon. It happened on the take-off of a scarecrow. Only thing we can figure is that when I initiated the flip the board cut into the wake and didn't release, and the tendon at my knee was the weak link. I am about to head in for surgery and will see what my rehabilitation is like after that. As far as I know I haven't heard of this injury before on this site. The owner of my gym did the same thing, but he was squatting 1200 lbs in a powerlifting competition when he did his. I figured sooner or later I would injure a knee but figured it would be an ACL and on a landing not a takeoff.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-27-2014, 11:09 AM Reply   
I did the same thing a couple weeks ago. Drove the nose of the board right into the wake on a scarecrow. Tweaked my knee and elbowed my ribs. Sorry to hear your damage was more severe.
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-29-2014, 6:44 AM Reply   
Here I go again.... I was 8 weeks post-op and I re-tore my quad tendon, so today I am going to have surgery #2.... At least I know what to expect this time around.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-29-2014, 9:42 AM Reply   
damn dude! good luck with #2. and PT that thing hard
Old     (jordanh)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-29-2014, 7:25 PM Reply   
8 weeks post op? Seems you pushed that a little bit.. How did you re tear it?
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-30-2014, 8:00 AM Reply   
Nacho said it. PT the hell out of that thing, and get back in the gym and get on the stationary bikes (if you don't have a road bike). I'm a huge believer in those. Get fitted for one and pound out miles after your release. I have knee issues as well. Also a meniscus tear that wont heal, and I never have issues other than typical soreness
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-02-2014, 7:38 AM Reply   
Thanks for the advice/recommendations... I was rehabbing hard and doing well. I re-tore it when I stepped back off the tire of my truck. I had climbed up to get something out of my toolbox and stepped back down with my brace on (but it was released) and my foot slipped on the driveway and when it did all my weight went on my bad leg and I felt it pop again.