Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-20-2009, 2:08 PM Reply   
Can anyone tell me the differences in how these boots fit as well as the stiffness in comparison to the Shane. I am looking for a good open toe binding and it looks like i may have to go back to find one.

I am coming fom the Xenon's so if you have comparison's to them it would be good info also.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-20-2009, 2:14 PM Reply   
I would say that your best bet is the 2010 Decade boot.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-20-2009, 2:25 PM Reply   
I've been riding the 08 open toe watsons and love them. I had the 07 transits. Both were good bindings. I didn't like the 08 transits because they added some lycra piece near the toe that added some give and didn't hold my toes down well. Watsons for sure over the transits. Can't compare them to Shanes I haven't ridden them.

I can't understand why they aren't making open toe for 2010 in the watson. I really don't want to ride closed toe.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-20-2009, 2:27 PM Reply   
Lol ... Andy would love for the Decade to fit me but the sad truth is that no CT boot has ever fit me right. I am willing to try it but.... it is a biggg long shot.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-20-2009, 2:36 PM Reply   
Lucky for you we have 3 totally different Closed toes!
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-21-2009, 8:18 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input guys. Anyone else have a comparison? Do they run narrow or have a pressure point anywhere specific?
Old     (samreye)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-21-2009, 9:12 AM Reply   
I run the 08 transits best boots i have ever had. Super flexable from left to right for pokes and the perfect stiffness from front to back for solid edging. Hope this helps you decide?
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-21-2009, 10:01 AM Reply   
The other big question is which binding is more durable?
Old     (samreye)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-21-2009, 10:48 AM Reply   
My opinion is they are both Liquid Force they are gonna be durable no matter. Now if we were talking LF to HY then i would still say LF. But you talkin 2 high end LF boots which are both bad ass and i even considered the watsons. But i have the transits through a warranty issue i had with a pair of team boots and i was leaning more towards the transits anyway cuase i like to poke my grabs. Let me know if you want any more info?
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-21-2009, 10:59 AM Reply   
So I guess the Watson is definately stiffer based on your description.

Last question: How much do they stretch? I am right in between an 11-12 and a 10-11 because I have a long narrow foot. I put on a pair of 07 Watsons (size 10-11) and remember my toe hanging just a little over the end of the footbed but they felt just tight enough where it was uncomfortable (I like this since they will like ly stretch and be perfect). I am wondering if the 11-12 will be to big for me. I wear an 11.5 shoe.
Old     (samreye)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-21-2009, 11:12 AM Reply   
Well i ride an 8-9 in transits and thought they were to small but i have never had a boots fit so perfect and so specific to my foot. But once i rode them a few time and once they got wet they are perfect. One that i do is before i put my foot in i will tighten the first couple of laces over toes cause once i put my foot in its already snug on the front of my foot. Be cause the other laces are the ones that really loosen up to let your foot in or out. Oh back to the right size thing a buddy of mine just bought the 08 CT LF Cabs in a 9-10 and my foots is kinda loose in those and that is the size i thought i would need to buy, but i am glad that i have the more size specific size. I know those are 2 diffrent boots but i figure it would help you in the whole size chart decision? Once again hope i am helpin?