Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Krom)      Join Date: Dec 2010       04-13-2011, 6:55 AM Reply   
Very cool but not available for purchase yet???

http://www.skltnapparel.com/water-shirt/cablepark.html
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-13-2011, 7:25 AM Reply   
Nice attempt to make some money, but I wouldnt buy one of those. I wear cotton t-shirts, or a basketball jersey, and have never had a problem with sag or smell, and I'm willing to bet they're a lot cheaper than one of those. As far as sponsored riders go, they wear t-shirts to show sponsors a lot of the time, so again, no dice there unless they get a pro team. Neat, but I dont have much hope for their success.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-13-2011, 7:43 AM Reply   
I like the Cire shirts!
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-13-2011, 7:44 AM Reply   
remind me what the point is of wearing shirts over your vest?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-13-2011, 7:44 AM Reply   
Ben, why do you wear a shirt over your vest??

Sun, keep you warm?

I'm sorry, but this has to be the goofiest trend yet. I understand pros trying to pay their bills, avg Joe--that is just silly.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-13-2011, 11:20 AM Reply   
Guys I could agree more, its like really WTF is the point.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-13-2011, 11:33 AM Reply   
I wear a shirt or a tank just about every time I hit the water... riding well is like 90% mental... and if you don't look good (or at least think that you look good) it will effect your riding... but haters gonna hate regardless so do whatever floats ur boat

And those riding shirts terrible looking haha
Old     (Krom)      Join Date: Dec 2010       04-13-2011, 11:39 AM Reply   
It's about style to me...a basketball jersey is like wearing a Buffalo Bills jacket skiing - lame.

another benefit - it can cover up those muffin tops. I wear board shorts over my wetsuit for a similar reason... to cover the camel toe/hoof
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-13-2011, 12:39 PM Reply   
Wow, people are far too vain. Wearing shirts over your vest makes even less sense than wearing shorts over your wetsuit. If it's 80-90 out why wear the shirt? Is it like why the fat kids wore shirts to the pool when we were young? All in all seems like people are far too caught up in this crap. Part of the reason I love the sport is I can spend all day in board shorts and nothing else
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-13-2011, 12:44 PM Reply   
I wear a shirt because I'm not actually good at wakeboarding, so I try to look super tough when I stand on the dock leaning on my board and telling people I'm waiting for my pro buddies to show up.
But honestly, I do it because I feel like it. I think it looks cool and I have high self esteem so it works out for me.
I also sometimes wear boardies over my wetsuit.

Last edited by benjaminp; 04-13-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: had to add stuff
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-13-2011, 12:45 PM Reply   
Bobby, you have a camel toe AND a muffin top? I guess they go hand in hand, but jeez man, get a hold of yourself.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-13-2011, 12:46 PM Reply   
got a FUPA too??
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-13-2011, 12:46 PM Reply   
Thank god I'm past the point in my life that I follow the lame fashion trends that make no sense
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-13-2011, 12:48 PM Reply   
You're not cool unless you sport the reflective yellow construction worker vest. That's how the LBP gang rolls. It also helps when wakeboarding in the middle of the night....wait...did i just say that.....
Attached Images

Old     (xclay89x)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-13-2011, 1:06 PM Reply   
Look good feel good.
As long as your shredding its all good.
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-13-2011, 1:12 PM Reply   
Let it go guys! I don't understand why peoples are always jumping on every little things they are not agree and laugh about the guy who said it! If he likes it, it's is thing! By the way, I'm with you with the board short over the wetsuit... there's nothing less stylish than a man in wetsuit! Maybe a fat one! Even pros looks stupid... a looooooooooooooooot less than me but still sucks!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-13-2011, 1:23 PM Reply   
to all that hate the idea, no one is saying YOU have to wear a shirt over your vest. get over yourselves.

and no, i don't wear shirts over my vest.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-13-2011, 1:36 PM Reply   
Pretty simple, if you don't like to wear a Tee or Tank over your vest then don't.
Why all the hate?
Old     (ClutchIndustries)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-13-2011, 3:34 PM Reply   
Only sensible reason for me is to hide a Non CGA from Cable Operators at parks that require one to be worn... Other than that, Imo... just rock a lifejacket .
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-13-2011, 3:43 PM Reply   
I don't know if it's hate, it's just looking at a practice and not finding the logic behind it. Seeems like it makes riding more a pain in the ass just to be "cool". Yeah guys don't look great in wetsuits, but in general guys aren't exactly great to look at anyways. Riding with shorts over your wetsuit to avoid showing off your "nut prints" just seems like the kids afraid to use the gym locker room after gym class....
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-13-2011, 3:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchIndustries View Post
Only sensible reason for me is to hide a Non CGA from Cable Operators at parks that require one to be worn... Other than that, Imo... just rock a lifejacket .
Funny, I had that happen when I was wearing a shirt over a CGA vest. Granted, the question before "Is that vest CGA?" was "Are you wearing a vest?", so his sight might be a little subject to questioning.
I've never had an issue with a shirt impeding my riding. Wearing one not make sense, but neither does long boardshorts. Its a style thing.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-13-2011, 4:10 PM Reply   
I guess I'm just a minimalist, I'd wakeboard naked if I could
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       04-13-2011, 4:23 PM Reply   
Pretty lame if you ask me, plus its annoying having a sopping wet t-shirt/tank sitting around the boat.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-13-2011, 6:44 PM Reply   
personal preference. I rock the Cire rash guard, its awesome
Attached Images

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-13-2011, 8:32 PM Reply   
Eric!!! I need that rash guard asap!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-13-2011, 10:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardertj View Post
plus its annoying having a sopping wet t-shirt/tank sitting around the boat.
yeah, you're right, 'cause we all know you can't put a wet shirt in your wet vest in the compartment in the rear. what were people thinkin'?!?!
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-14-2011, 6:24 AM Reply   
I used to wear my wakeworld jersey over my non-cga vest at the cable parks too, but after I missed the handle about a half dozen times on spins because the handle was caught up in my jersey I broke down and bought a cga and ditched the riding shirt idea.

+1 on the shorts over the wetsuit. When I mountain bike I always put shorts on over my padded bike shorts too.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-14-2011, 10:49 AM Reply   
Here is my hate, it's stupid. I wear a long sleeves because I get too much sun but I wear it under my vest like a normal person. All you others with clothes over your vests, wetsuits, dry suits whatever are stupid and I hate you.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-14-2011, 10:57 AM Reply   
Nobody is hating here. People are just sharing the well known fact that it is gay to wear a shirt over your vest.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-14-2011, 11:01 AM Reply   
So you're telling me a ton of pro riders prefer men? And personally I think a shirt under a vest looks dumber than a shirt over.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2011, 11:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminp View Post
So you're telling me a ton of pro riders prefer men? And personally I think a shirt under a vest looks dumber than a shirt over.
So you do it because the pros do it? Now that is the worst reason stated so far.
Wearing a shirt, other than a heater shirt or rashguard under or over the vest looks ridiculous.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2011, 11:08 AM Reply   
Let me follow up my state ment by saying that excludes people who burn easy or are too embarassed to show their bodies due to some logical reason, whihc does not include homophobia
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-14-2011, 11:16 AM Reply   
Read the thread, I've already said why I do it. That was mostly a dig at the gay comment.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-14-2011, 11:29 AM Reply   
Well I think it is gay to say something is gay, because you think its gay. Hahahaha
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-14-2011, 11:40 AM Reply   
I just want to ride in general! Its 40 degrees outside, super cloudy, and misting rain outside! Summer is being quite elusive here in the midwest.

I will not be wearing a shirt over my vest.....Because I will be in a drysuit.....
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-14-2011, 11:54 AM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-14-2011, 12:02 PM Reply   
Jeff - Haha! The next thing you know guys will be riding in regular shorts with a belt. Oh wait....
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-14-2011, 12:09 PM Reply   
Hahahahah Luker
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-14-2011, 12:10 PM Reply   
Eubanks that's some funny stuff bro haha.
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-14-2011, 12:40 PM Reply   
Maybe you could try and bring back wakeboarding pants a second time to match that over the vest shirt.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-14-2011, 12:59 PM Reply   
Does a shirt over your vest really keep you warm? Try a ultra-thin heater shirt under your vest it works much better and is way cool.

I thought pros wear a shirt over the vest in competition to identity themselves and their sponsors. I did not realize they did this all the time. I am so fashion illiterate. To think I got rid of my belt because I was told it was not USCG approved. If that's wrong I want it back.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-14-2011, 1:05 PM Reply   
Next some joker is going to make it stylish to wear a tie over a shirt with a vest.

Remember those kids, Kris Kross, who wore their pants backwards. Glad that trend did not stick or we all would be crappin' out our flys.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-14-2011, 1:10 PM Reply   

Too late.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-14-2011, 1:16 PM Reply   
Hmmm, looking at the specs....keeps you warm, keeps the sunburn away, hides the vest, looks classy...now that I see it good bye casual Fridays hello high fashion.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-14-2011, 2:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh1669 View Post
So you do it because the pros do it? Now that is the worst reason stated so far.
Wearing a shirt, other than a heater shirt or rashguard under or over the vest looks ridiculous.
Pretty big words for a dude willing to go out on the water looking like this :
Attached Images

Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-14-2011, 2:18 PM Reply   
Oh my word:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2139879_dress-wakeboarding.html

How to Dress for Wakeboarding

By an eHow Contributor
The attire you wear while wakeboarding should protect you from the elements and remain aerodynamically sound. It can also be a fashion statement that makes you stand out from your peers.

Difficulty:Moderate

Instructions
things you'll need:
Wetsuit or board shorts
Sunglasses or goggles
Gloves
Aqua socks

Maintain a high level of comfort by wearing board shorts. Board shorts are long swim trunks that protect your legs from the water while allowing your limbs to move freely for navigation purposes.

Protect your eyes with proper eyewear. Most wakeboarders wear sporty sun glasses that are relatively inexpensive and protect their eyes from UV rays and water spray. You can also find sports goggles that wrap around your head and keep your field of vision clear.

Adjust your life vest for maximum comfort before wakeboarding. You should tighten the life vest to keep it close to your body without restricting your breathing or movement.

Invest in a wetsuit. Wetsuits are form-fitting suits that cover your entire body to keep you dry while wakeboarding.

Test out gloves for comfort and grip. The best wakeboarding gloves are made of synthetic materials that are waterproof and feature rubber grips to help you maintain control over the tow rope.

Sample your local shoe store's selection of aqua socks. Select aqua socks that are a size lower than your normal shoes to offer maximum protection.

Search for colorful and unique designs to express yourself on the water. You can dress in wet suits and board shorts with bright colors to draw attention to your advanced skills.

Travel to multiple sporting good stores to find a diverse selection of clothing for wakeboarding. Some stores will introduce innovative wakeboarding products that can help you stay ahead of fellow boarders.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-14-2011, 2:26 PM Reply   
Thanks for the definitive truth Tuneman. This topic is not closed.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2011, 5:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luker View Post
Pretty big words for a dude willing to go out on the water looking like this :
First that's not me, second it's not a "dude", third although those leafless trees in the back ground give the illusion of it being balmy out, that's a dry suit. Not exactly a fashion accessory, but necessary when the water is 40 degrees.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       04-14-2011, 7:00 PM Reply   
I guess I'm not up on fashion and whatnot, and frankly don't care. I'm out on the water to have fun, not worry if I'm up on the latest attire. No I don't wear shorts over my wetsuit, and my rash guard keeps me from getting bad sun burn or a rash from friction on my vest and whatnot. I've always been function over form, and it works for me. No need to have extra stuff to bother with if it doesn't serve a purpose.

To each their own though. I think this jersey trand (is it a trend now?) is silly but whatever. All that matters is you have fun on the water.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-14-2011, 9:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
Eric!!! I need that rash guard asap!
Let's do it. What size? They're t-shirt fit so go with your regular t size.

Good to see your not afraid to the rock the t over the vest style.
Attached Images

Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-15-2011, 1:17 AM Reply   
ha ha didn't know people felt so strongly about the subject..

Ive always preferred wearing a shirt over the vest, the rash guard ones cut like a tee are the best, like the Cire range
Old     (skyski1)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-15-2011, 4:33 AM Reply   
You guys wear whatever you want, but I reserve the right to be amused.
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-18-2011, 11:06 AM Reply   
Say what you want but the Wakeworld jerseys make me look like the sweetest 35 year old wakeboarding woodshop teacher in the world! Just look at that smile!
Attached Images

Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-18-2011, 2:05 PM Reply   
Maybe that will earn you some bonus Wakeworld points and provide a valid a reason to wear it over the vest
Old     (NuBu)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-18-2011, 2:55 PM Reply   
Not to hijack the thread but the Cire rash guard ROCKS. Tell me how to buy one and count me in (couldn't find it on the website). FYI I will be wearing it UNDER my vest though, yes that's obvious but trying to stay on topic.