Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ShredReadyCA)      Join Date: Jun 2010       12-05-2010, 2:37 PM Reply   
This construction of these boards look pretty cool. Other than the content on their site i have heard little about these 2 companies. Does anyone out there own and ride these boards? Opinions? Where can i try one? thanks.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-05-2010, 3:15 PM Reply   
I have not tried either, but i am open to trying any new/ different board

the humanoids are built similar to slingshot's boards. "sandwich construction." wood core with the elastipolymerwhatsit side walls

SINE, though, is different than anything out there. I have no idea what or how they make their boards. they do have molded-in-fins made from that same "elastipolymerwhatsit" stuff so they flex with the board. whatever the core is made of it is translucent which is pretty trippy. they are the only brand offering a fully customized board, width, length, weight, flex, graphic, etc.. everything but a completely different shape all together. Only thing is i have not heard anything new on Sine for almost a year. i'd love to check back if someone else has some additional light.

do a search on how the boards ride. there were some demo threads on the sine about a year ago. and there are humanoid threads just below this one.

You might also want to check out info on Slingshot, Company, and Phalanx wake too. Phalanx is the newest of these and have no product for the public yet that i know of. Ricky G. is one of the main guys behind Phalanx
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-05-2010, 8:23 PM Reply   
I have both. They ride very different. I am a novice rider but here is my summary.

Sine. Unbelievably light. Extremely easy to spin. Lands like a pillow, probably due to the huge center spine. My legs hurt the least after riding this board. Slow in the water (similar to orig watson). Good pop, but it was hard for me to master the timing of the pop and the release from the wake. It has mild flex. If the Watson is a 0 on flex, and my original Rome is a 10, then sine is a 4. Molded in fins.

Humanoid Stiffy. Heaviest of my boards. But, my most predictable board and under my feet I get some of my best pop. Much faster and more loose than the Sine. Lands softer than the orig Watson but not as soft as the Sine. Maybe a 5 on the flex meter. Removable fins.

Both are exceptionally low profile boards with no rolled edge in the center.

I hope this is helpful.
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-05-2010, 8:25 PM Reply   
Forgot to mention that both companies will send you a demo board.
Old     (Koakes)      Join Date: Nov 2010       12-05-2010, 9:31 PM Reply   
I ride humanoid well actually my hole team ride HUMANOID. I can't give you a comparison but HUMANOID is sickest board I have ever ridden. I use to ride liquid force Lyman and my roommate has ridden ever ronix on the water just about. Truthfully I never want to strap another board on. The flex on both stiff and flex of the oracle is amazing takes a set to get use to but once you are the landings are super soft and alot of pop. If you have any questions PM me or email me about them
Oakeska@gmail.com

from adam holdsworth on Vimeo.

Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-06-2010, 1:19 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=Koakes;1648798]I ride humanoid well actually my hole team ride HUMANOID. I can't give you a comparison but HUMANOID is sickest board I have ever ridden. I use to ride liquid force Lyman and my roommate has ridden ever ronix on the water just about. Truthfully I never want to strap another board on. The flex on both stiff and flex of the oracle is amazing takes a set to get use to but once you are the landings are super soft and alot of pop. If you have any questions PM me or email me about them
Oakeska@gmail.com

I will second Koakes experience in that I was riding a Lyman and a Sine, then had Humanoid send me a demo board and I have not wanted to ride another board since. A better boarder who I ride with also switched to riding the Humanoid.
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-06-2010, 2:16 PM Reply   
I won a board in their Art Lab contest when they first opened up. It is hard to describe the ride other than it is a continuous that pops like a 3 stage yet has a lot of speed and lands soft. I swore off continuous a while back and just planned on riding it once and then hanging it on the wall. Instead, my brand new CWB Transcend is hanging on the wall and the Humanoid Oracle stiffey is my board of choice.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-06-2010, 2:19 PM Reply   
I thought slingshot had the sickest board ever. It says it right on the board itself.
Old     (Woody)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-08-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
I'm looking at getting a new board for Christmas and have it narrowed down to humanoid 140 stiffy and the Watson hybrid. Can anybody compare these two boards? I've been riding a 08 slingshot response 139 for the last 2.5 years and am looking for something with a little less flex and some bottom features. I think I'm leaning toward the humanoid.
Old     (Koakes)      Join Date: Nov 2010       12-08-2010, 2:51 PM Reply   
Brian Props on getting your new oracle I think you are really gonna like it . Once you try it out spread the word.
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-08-2010, 3:46 PM Reply   
I will say that you can press the crap out of the oracle and it would slay at the cable. It wasnt my style behind the boat though
Old     (Woody)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-09-2010, 2:46 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the help Kody, if I'm ever down your way I'll have to take you up on those pull's. I'm sooo stoked on riding this board that I may have to bust out the dry suit this season or go to FL.
Old     (dillon538)      Join Date: Dec 2010       12-11-2010, 10:22 AM Reply   
heres 2 links to some footy of me riding the HUMANOID flex 140 behind the boat and a couple clips of it on corregated metal pipe.

1:22

on the 143 oracle flex
:40

HUMANOID boards are amazing! super tough and durable,they will take whatever beating you throw at them.as for behind the boat riding the pop is aweosme and landings are super soft! the boards really hold a great edge as well. riding rails on a HUMANOID is super fun and really allows you to lock on and press it out.

i suggest riding a baseless binding/6" plate to get the full flex and widest stance option. i currently ride Ronix bindings because of the baseless technology and how light they are.i am switching to the Slingshot R.A.D's very soon for the true baseless,light weight,and support of these truly RAD bindings. also if you plan on getting an ORACLE flex and ride behind a boat a lot, get some of the Pt. Nine fins. the Ahoy(short stubby rail park fins) fins that come standard with the FLEX series dont work well for wake riding in my opinion.

hope this helps everyone who is interested in HUMANOID wakeboards!

now go ride an have fun!

www.humanoidwake.com
www.lacesoutapparel.com