Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-02-2010, 5:30 PM Reply   
Besides a WW search, where can I find information for building a wake rail? I'm handy enough to just build one, but I would like to avoid the trial and error that comes with building this type of thing. I would like a basic flat bar that I can transport in pieces, set up in a reasonable amount of time and take home at the end of the day.

I’m mostly need information about the supports? What kind of material should I use as support? (standard 2x4 lumber cut to a V at the bottom?). What type of support to rail length ratio do I need? (One support every 3 feet?). How deep do I need to drive them into the ground? Do I need some type of cross support so the rail doesn’t fall on its side?
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-03-2010, 5:15 AM Reply   
Sounds like a floating rail will be your best bet. When you start talking about sinking posts, your going to be carrying around alot of extra equip just to get the rail built..much less gonna run out of time to build it, hit it, and take it down in a day. A flat rail needs to be at least 24-30ft to be somewhat worth while but thats still going to be super duper short.... If you float something instead of sinking posts, you can build it in several sections that float alone and bolt them all together to make one long rail...

CH