Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (john_v96)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-16-2005, 9:04 PM Reply   
just want to know if anyone has ridien behind a new vlx with the 98 inch width
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-16-2005, 10:07 PM Reply   
Killer Ride, wake is wider with a firm lip to it. we don't use the wedge and place an extra sac in the nose. Very large rampy wake. Here is a video with only MLS, no wedge or sac in nose.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=14012
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-17-2005, 1:47 AM Reply   
i drove the crap out of one today on a demo. the wake with no wedge, no ballast, is pretty damn sweet.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-17-2005, 11:39 AM Reply   
Yesterday was the National Malibu Dealer Demo Day, you should have checked it out!! I drove a LSV all day as part of the demo & that boat is huge!! We took the VLX out for a ride after everything was done. We filled the tanks, dropped the Wedge & had 6 people in the boat. The lip was huge & popped you straight up, we definately needed one full size sac in the nose to take the edge off. The new boat is tight, much better than last years. It's also sweet to have stock ballast under the floor.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-17-2005, 3:42 PM Reply   
I was really impressed w/ the new VLX w/ 4 bag MLS + wedge. And I felt it drove a lot better than the few years ago vlx models......
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-18-2005, 5:28 AM Reply   
One thing I appreciated right away was I always had to use the "hi chair" (as those taller then me are prone to call it) when driving the previous year's models. With the 05 I can see fine even weighted heavily. The boat just seems to lock into the same angle no matter how it's set up.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-18-2005, 6:13 AM Reply   
Far better than my last 03, nose seems to stay down more, a little wider, still sailing. Just 4 people in the boat and stock ballast, wake is excellent.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-18-2005, 7:36 AM Reply   

Johnny - Hey so did ya make the purchase this weekend?? I will try your cell.

Mike
Old     (john_v96)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-20-2005, 4:40 PM Reply   
thanks every one,, big help
hey rich what did cris think of it?
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-20-2005, 4:45 PM Reply   
I will have mine at WSSR!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-20-2005, 4:57 PM Reply   
I ride in one all the time (mine) and absolutely love it!!!! I think everyone that has been behind it feels the same. I have had a couple that have been in 03's and 04's, and they really liked the difference. Excellent wake, power, and handling!! OK, I am a little biased, but for good reason.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-20-2005, 6:04 PM Reply   
Chris liked it with just the stock ballast and no wedge but he's just starting to ride again after the leg last year. He says it's bigger like that then our 01 fully weighted ever was. I pulled him again at the Malibu demo day at Anderson with 6 people on board, ballast and wedge and it was really impressive then. My impression is If you go out with a load of people the stock ballast/wedge is probably all you need.
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-20-2005, 6:57 PM Reply   
Are you bringing yours to WSSR Rich? I sure wouldn't mine getting a pull behind the new VLX.... hint, hint....

Chad
Old     (pcoak)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-20-2005, 6:58 PM Reply   
I work at East Coast Flight Craft It a malibu dealer ship. By far the 23 vlx wake setter is the best wakeboarding boat on the water. The wake is unmatched and the malibu paten weg is the best thing going. on top of all that The boat is finshed beter than in ananything. I can't ride in anything less, once you hit that wake from it you'll say the same thing. Malibu is year ahead of the rest.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-20-2005, 8:00 PM Reply   
Hey Chad,

Unless they connect the Delta to Pedro it will be tough - no trailer!
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-21-2005, 5:47 AM Reply   
ahhhhh, I see. Oh well maybe someother time...

Chad
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       04-21-2005, 7:02 AM Reply   
check out www.wakeboardindiana.com. There were several people from that site that just went to a demo and rode behind that boat. I am sure they could help you out.
Old     (john_v96)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-21-2005, 7:15 PM Reply   
thanks rich
and everyone els. mine is in town and will be delivered friday 4/22/05
peace
Old    angels5            04-21-2005, 7:25 PM Reply   
Ditto Buzz' comments I love mine. Buzz any news on the San V get together?
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-21-2005, 9:08 PM Reply   
Angels5,

New screen name! I like it. Very appropriate (proud mama!)

No news yet. As far as the opening weekend (SDSVSR) I am going to do a seperate post here. I will let you know. Keep an eye out for it. Just 2 weeks away!

As far as a Malibu get-together, I have to look at some dates and get it together.

Johnny,

Sorry for the short hijack. Just a couple new VLX owners making a date!

Get the VLX!!!