Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (rwake)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-30-2011, 12:13 PM Reply   
I've been riding a LF Watson for about 3 years, and looking to switch back to hyperlite. I like the pop of the Watson, but looking for something a little faster. I have ridden the Byerly Conspiracy, and it probably one of the sickest boards I've ridden, fast and pops like crazy. Although I am not a fan of how grippy the board is. I'm looking for something a little looser. I have also ridden the Hyperlite franchise and liked it a lot, but the wake I was riding at the time was enormous and I probably would have got booted riding a piece of drift wood. I'm not convinced it has the pop I'm looking for. Any suggestions on something that pops like a Watson or Conspiracy but is faster than Watson and looser than Conspiracy? I haven't ridden the Marek. Thanks for any feedback from those who have ridden these boards.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-30-2011, 12:36 PM Reply   
Ride the B-Side. It is loose with tons of pop.
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-30-2011, 6:45 PM Reply   
Marek...hands down best board i have ever been on the sub 6 was a close second but its light tons of pop pretty loose and just an all around awesome board
Old     (Delt725)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-01-2011, 8:11 AM Reply   
I would second the B-Side. I rode it late last year and really enjoyed it. I am currently on the Marek which has tons of speed but I got more vertical pop from the B-Side. The Marek pops as well but I have to work for more height, easy to get into the flats tho.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-01-2011, 8:20 AM Reply   
Yeah, I have ridden the marek as well. I thought the B-Side was more fun than the Marek. It feels looser and more vertical pop, does not land as soft as the Marek. But, overall to me the B-Side was a more fun board to ride
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-03-2011, 8:03 PM Reply   
Have they changed anything about the b-side in the past few years or has it always been the same design? Structurally speaking of course
Old     (coda281)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-04-2011, 12:00 AM Reply   
i havent ridden hyperlite, but i was hearing good things about the franchise when it was starting to come out, maybe it was just pre-hype cuz i havent really seen any1 talking about it anymore?
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-05-2011, 8:56 AM Reply   
Yeah, the B-Side shape changed in 2010 to a much better board than the first version that came out. I should have a Franchise in a few days and will know how it rides then.
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       07-05-2011, 9:29 AM Reply   
Another vote for B-Side. I have had both the first and current version, and the ride is great (very fast & loose with good pop). I am not a fan of current graphics, but love the board anyway. Had a pro I was riding with once (who is sponsored by another brand, so I won't i.d. him & OK we weren't riding together, I was taking lessons from him) comment with envy on how fast the B-Side was.
Old     (ClutchIndustries)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-05-2011, 2:37 PM Reply   
I'm currently riding the Bside and I love it! If this years graphics are too loud for you, the 2010 is the same shape. However I just took a set on the Murry and am really starting to like that board as well. The Marek is also good, but I prefer the Bside hands down.

-Ross
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-05-2011, 2:46 PM Reply   
ah hem.... Ronix!.... excuse me.
Old    mojo            07-05-2011, 6:39 PM Reply   
i just came off an 08 139 ibex. i'm 5'7 and in shape weigh 160 but am fat right now and weigh 180. just got a 140 bside with system kobalts. the board is slightly trackier(no center fin) than my ibex, but barely. it has the perfect amount of edge transition and speed into the wake. the pop is very similar to the ibex. put simply it's controllable boot off the wake. the graphics, which i hated in the pics, actually look very rad in person. hyperlite has been selling so many bsides and franchises it's crazy. everyone loves them.

Last edited by mojo; 07-05-2011 at 6:42 PM.
Old     (rmotoxxx711)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-05-2011, 6:57 PM Reply   
I like a fast fast board that pops real good but not as crazy as the old school parks. So I ride the 141 marek with marek systems, the thing does everything I could ever want, goes fast pops hard doesn't ride too deep and lands smooth in the flats cuz of the spine that runs down it. I also like a looser board so I rock .8 " fins off of my process on it instead of the 1.0" that come with the marek
Old    mojo            07-05-2011, 7:21 PM Reply   
ya i love 3ds/viva/mareks, but not the right pop for me and i hate belly bottoms. the bside has abs inside the molded fins, not sure if thats new though

Last edited by mojo; 07-05-2011 at 7:26 PM.
Old     (rbrandon)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-06-2011, 6:55 PM Reply   
I have rode the conspiracy, blunt, monarch, franchise, murray, b-side, but haven't ridden the marek yet. Have several friends that swear by the marek.The conspiracy is a great board, but a friend of mine told me that he had the same problem about it being so locked in, I personally love it. The blunt has a pretty lose feel to it, and good pop to it, but maybe not as fast as the other ones. The franchise was love at first set! Fast, lose, tons of pop yet very forgiving, super soft landings even in the flats. It rides very high on the water which promote less arm fatigue as well as the b-side. The murray has a nice vertical pop to it, and was plenty fast to me, but not the most desirable board to me.The b-side on the other hand, which I have ridden for the last five days, is sweet! It has everything I love in a board, speed, predictable pop, super super soft landings, very little swing weight, and easy to lock in for a insane heel/toe charge to the wake. Very, very easy to surface spin too. The 2011 graphics are loud, but thats the fun of it sorta like the 56 conspiracy (pink) love it ,be loud out there, be noticed! My personal choice is between the franchise and the b-side! Gonna ride both of them again on friday to make up my mind, but am leaning toward the b-side rite now. My 2 cents worth anyway!