Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-04-2011, 2:55 PM Reply   
is there any instructional videos on how to poperly fit and adjust the boots to the bindings? i just picked up the l/xl binding and some size 10 mareks and was trying them on and trying to adjust straps in front and back to make the toe piece fit over the toe propery and seems no matter how much i try there are gaps in the toe area and also the center piece on bottom seems pinched forward abit.. any ideas on how to fit these properly or is this the correct set up..maybe they need abrek in run?

id like a video or some close up pics on how they look when propery fitted..you would think you would find it on te HL site buyt its not there..i dont want to hurt my self or break these on the first run any help?TIA
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-04-2011, 2:58 PM Reply   
I have mine set up to where one of the straps on the toe cap is on the outermost setting and the other is on the innermost setting. I have size 11 boots and it puts the toe cap snug over my toes.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-04-2011, 3:07 PM Reply   
some pics what do you think see the gap in the toe and underneah the center of bindings seems forward to the boots, am i doing something wrong? also they pinch my pinky toe if i try and tighten them more..

??
Attached Images

Old     (ClutchIndustries)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-04-2011, 5:29 PM Reply   
Make sure to adjust your rear hi back to the tallest setting. This will help relieve pressure on your foot soles. I have my system (size 12 murry) set up like np3 does and it is working great. Because the binding is ment to fit a range of boots I don't think 100% toe cap contact is possible with the Gen 1 system bindings. You will NOT notice any boot movement because of the slight gaps. Get them on the board, get 3 or 4 sets in them then adjust to your preferences. I am confident that you will not notice any boot movement in your bindings. Good luck! Take a few sets and report!

-Ross
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-04-2011, 5:51 PM Reply   
2nd what Ross said. You may not get a perfect fit but it will not effect performance at all. Don't worry about it.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-09-2011, 5:56 AM Reply   
ok after my first day last dsunday riding these, i have some feedback , good and bad..

Ok first off they do work well as far as they hold you in and my foot didnt come out or move around after 2 sets. relatively comfortable and i actually had one of my better days ridng this year once i got the confidence to push it.. My driver said he thought i went bigger then hes seen in years and i was nailing stuff clean ive been sketchingof late.. bindings or just a good day? time will tell..

Bad

well my back foot seemed perfect fit and didnt even feel like anew booot , however the front/left foot seems to pinch a lot over my pinky toe and on one really big frontroll into the flats in which i nailed way over my toes i head a pop , turned out the toe strap skipped a link, basically loosened, didnt effect my landing but can shake my confindence thinking the strap can come loose on its own..i made an adjustment on that foot and will try again..

Neutral

taking them on and off isnt faster because i never really had an issue with this but it may take a little more effort because swimming to the boat with the boots on and then taking the boots off without them being held down can be harder, however the fact that i have no laces on these mareks that are flailing around an im not contantly having to retioghten the laces as i am riding is ap lus.. they are comfortable and supportive.

round two tomorrow but i may have to modify the front toe cap piece , maybe ad in some rubber/neo piece where the gap is with alittle glue to make the fit more true or use a snowboard toe cap from burton as i saw someone in another post mention they did..

ill let you know how this round went..more feedback to come...