Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (rscott22)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-02-2011, 6:00 AM Reply   
Anyone have info on these boards or ever ridden one? They both seem to be really nice but never hear or see anyone riding one.
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-02-2011, 10:24 AM Reply   
The Humanoid's are really awesome boards and fun to ride. I stopped riding my Ronix Bill because I just like to play around on the Humanoid so much. I had the Oracle Flex for a short while (snapped it... honors of snapping the first Humanoid without ever hitting an obstacle ) and it was a ton of fun. The pop is perfect and controllable, the landings are crazy soft because of the spine down the entire bottom, and it holds a hand edge perfectly when needed. I'm on the Oracle Stiff right now and have only taken a couple of sets on it, but it still has a lot of flex to it and is still fun to ride. Here's a vid of us riding the boards. If you're ever around Daytona Beach, we can pull you behind my buddy's A22 and you can try the boards out. We have 137, 140, and 143 Stiffs right now and can get a Flex for you if you'd prefer that.

from adam holdsworth on Vimeo.

Old     (rscott22)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-02-2011, 12:09 PM Reply   
How well do the humanoids hold up on sliders or kickers? I am really hard on my boards and I like to hit sliders as much as possible. Do they make anytype of grind or slider base for there boards?
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-02-2011, 2:29 PM Reply   
I use my Humanoid (its a prototype) as my slider board. I actually missed an ollie onto a rail and impaled the board into the slider. I have seen what this does to other boards and it destroys boards. All it did to the humanoid was take a small piece out of it that litterally has no affect on the board. Whats more impressive is that the it broke a large piece of the slider off!

Mine doesnt have a slider base and the graphics have worn off where I have slid it however the bottom material has no wear on it. The graphic on mine is on the outside of the board it that makes since? The graphic scrapes off but the base material is fully intact.
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-02-2011, 7:24 PM Reply   
Ryan, I have both and if you get down to NC, you are welcome to demo them.

They are very different boards, but both enjoyable. The Sine is unbelievably light. It is also by far the softest landing board I have ever ridden due to its large center spine. But, it took me awhile to learn to ride the board well. I am a novice rider so that may just be me. It is a slower board, similar to my original Watson. It pops well when you time it correctly.

The Humanoid by contrast is one of the heaviest boards I own (I have the Stiffy or their thicker board). However, it is also the most predictable or consistent board for me and gives some of the best pop, even though it has a continuous rocker. I could land all of my small bag of tricks with this board the first time I rode it.

Both companies were positive to work with and will let you demo their boards essentially for the price of shipping.
Old     (teamihs)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-02-2011, 8:43 PM Reply   

humanoids are so much fun. esp on rails. they hold up super good and are really fun to press. great ollie pop too.

Last edited by teamihs; 02-02-2011 at 8:46 PM.
Old     (dillon538)      Join Date: Dec 2010       02-03-2011, 7:08 AM Reply   
Humanoid boards are amazing! not only do they with stand the beatings of whatever you throw at them they are amazing behind the boat with crazy pop and the softest landings! for 2011 they will have 2 new shapes out and will also offer a Ptex type base. the sidewalls on these boards are ment to take a pounding and really hold up well. heres a video thats been posted around here before... at 1:22 is behind the boat footy and at 4:17 theres clips hitting a metal pipe. after sessioning it the base of the board was no worse as to if you were hitting trex or pvc allday.

Old     (rscott22)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-03-2011, 8:05 AM Reply   
Thanks for al the info guys! Does anyone opn here know where I can buy a SINE or a HUMANOID for a good price? I know both boards run around 499 but thats a little more then I would like to spend any cheaper alternatives?
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-03-2011, 6:34 PM Reply   
There are many specials based on entering a code for Humanoids (their remaining 2010s) on their web site. Do a search as there are a few coupon codes that Humanoid used for the holidays which are still active. Significant savings.
Old     (Woody)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-04-2011, 10:28 AM Reply   
I haven't had a chance to ride it, but it looks like a fun board to ride. Big rocker with a large center spine. I'm coming off a 08 slingshot so I cant wait to try it out.
Attached Images

Old     (rscott22)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-06-2011, 8:39 AM Reply   
Brian - Does your board you pictured above have a slider base of some sort on it? I just have yet to see a Humanoid with a slider base but your board seems to look dull and like it may have one.
Old     (Woody)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-06-2011, 1:26 PM Reply   
Ryan, it defiantly has a slider base and I think they all come with a slider base now. That's the reason I posted the pictures, because I haven't seen good close up shots of a new board with the slider base. I will say that the board seems very well made and I think it would hold up well on sliders. If you get the full flex board it comes with some really nice slider fins, not the ones you see on my board.

Last edited by Woody; 02-06-2011 at 1:29 PM. Reason: added more
Old     (Woody)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-06-2011, 1:32 PM Reply   
Also, if you buy the full flex board it comes with some really cool slider fins.

http://www.humanoidwake.com/2010/07/...-kyle-schmidt/
Old     (rscott22)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-07-2011, 4:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Ryan, it defiantly has a slider base and I think they all come with a slider base now. That's the reason I posted the pictures, because I haven't seen good close up shots of a new board with the slider base. I will say that the board seems very well made and I think it would hold up well on sliders. If you get the full flex board it comes with some really nice slider fins, not the ones you see on my board.
Hey man thank you for all the info it really has been helpful and to every one else that sent me PM's thank you very much.
Old     (Koakes)      Join Date: Nov 2010       02-07-2011, 9:49 AM Reply   
Hey Ryan did you ever make a decision on a board