Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-17-2010, 6:50 AM Reply   
Here is the first episode of our hopefully weekly installment of winching videos around Michigan. Look for the shots from Placid Wakepark, as well as the presumably toxic Red Cedar River (no one who was riding on the river has died due to contamination...... yet).
Anyway, heres the vid, and if you ever want to ride with us, holler at me! We're always looking for new people to shred with!

from Al-Pal on Vimeo.

Heres the link to the video as well:
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-17-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
That first crash is great.

Man you guys should jib that cement ledge that everyone was watching from that thing looks peeeeeeeeerfect!!!!!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-17-2010, 12:26 PM Reply   
^ I was thinking the saaaame thing
Old     (cnrbrown)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-17-2010, 12:44 PM Reply   
^^ I agree, need to sketch it up a bit. Winching is about putting your health on the line.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-17-2010, 12:55 PM Reply   
I dunno, that ghetto handle looks pretty sketchy. The ledge would be cool though. I love the double sided kicker that Placid has, great idea for a 2.0, a lot better than obsticles that can only be hit going one direction.
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-17-2010, 1:52 PM Reply   
Ya we would love to have hit that but it would've been almost impossible to get off the ledge the way we had the winch set up.
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-17-2010, 5:48 PM Reply   
Good to see my alma mater is setting the standard - Go Sparty
Get your tetanus vaccine if you are riding the Red Cedar
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-22-2010, 7:48 PM Reply   
oh dude, thats the least of our worries.
we've had legit doctors tell us that we might be in serious trouble.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-22-2010, 10:23 PM Reply   
Damn, every time you guys got something going on, I've been busy. Glad to see you guys are doin work though
Old     (ClutchIndustries)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-23-2010, 6:50 AM Reply   
Hugh, my uncle is your head football coach :-) I'll get at you dudes next time I make the trip up there, I always thought about winching that river, but never ventured down to see if it was doable. You guys still sportin that Sirlin Wrapped Mastercraft? Sparty On.
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-23-2010, 9:08 PM Reply   
your uncle is Dantonio?!?!?
thats so sick bro.
ya definitely hit us up next time you come up.
And that was the waterski team with the wrapped prostar, but they lost that endorsement somehow. we're still looking for a boat but our winch is definitely keeping us busy.
Old     (ClutchIndustries)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-26-2010, 2:59 PM Reply   
Fo sho! Just hoping their bowl game winds up someplace close to a cable like it did two years ago in orlando. Keep up the good work.