Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-02-2010, 8:32 AM Reply   
What is this stuff?

My daughters wedding is over so now its lake time so I go to warm up the engine with the fake a lake from the hose attached to the house and this is what comes out - white soft cottage cheese

The boat is stored in the garage and was last run on June 4 at the lake we always go to.
Any Ideas?
Attached Images

Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       09-02-2010, 9:14 AM Reply   
Your boat has a yeast infection
Old     (bryan18)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-02-2010, 10:36 AM Reply   
Do you run your boat in salt water? Im going to check it out for u cause Im curious! BTW Im a manager of a boat repair yard and have only seen that in boats that have been run in salt water!
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       09-02-2010, 11:37 AM Reply   
Possible hard water deposits. built up if the boat hasn't run for a while.
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-02-2010, 11:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Your boat has a yeast infection
LOL.... Nice, I was thinking the same thing.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-02-2010, 12:42 PM Reply   
I would ask your son-in-law where he has been taking your boat.....lol.....I have seen that before from brackish water.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-02-2010, 9:12 PM Reply   
Never in the salt. Only fresh water inland lakes and for the last 150 hrs the same lake.

Today I went to the lake anyway and put 4 1/2 hrs on the boat and it ran perfectly. We got back late so no time to hook up the fake a lake and retest after running under a heavy load.

Its soft and feels like soap but when it dried on the driveway it was more like ash (a powder). What is inside of the muffler?
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       09-03-2010, 3:04 AM Reply   
Just looks like calcium deposits to me. Pretty standard as the boats sat for so long and the engine block/exhaust has dried out.

Absolutely nothing to worry about.

The day you start getting oil slicks coming out the back... thats when its time to worry