Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (boutwell_43)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-21-2009, 7:01 PM Reply   
My girlfriend wants to get her own board. She has rode some of ours and my friends. She does not like the fast boards. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old     (jmill09)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-21-2009, 8:57 PM Reply   
Don't buy her a board in the winter and break up in the spring
Old     (splatman)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-21-2009, 9:22 PM Reply   
voice of experience eh?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-21-2009, 11:16 PM Reply   
You profile says you ride the One. i am guessing she rode that? if so it surprises me that she thought it was fast as it is a threestage. also there is a beveled edge (in case she was meaning that the transition edge to edge was fast. never ridden the One myself though, f.y.i..

maybe the boat speed was too fast and not the board?

What DOES she like from the boards she has ridden? what other boards has she tried.

three stage boards will generally be slower, especially the more aggressive the rocker lined ones
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-22-2009, 1:41 AM Reply   
Give the "LF Melissa" a try, my daughter loves hers...
Upload
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-22-2009, 5:49 AM Reply   
x2 Melissa. Every girl around here rides it.
Old     (boutwell_43)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-22-2009, 6:16 AM Reply   
She has been on lf trip, an older lf metal militia? I think. And a few others. She has been looking at the Melissa. I pull her pretty slow. Maybe she is just a little scared to get hurt. Thanks for the advice.
Old    wakejjboard12            04-22-2009, 6:21 AM Reply   
If she wants slower look at the jett.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-22-2009, 6:31 AM Reply   
Honestly man... if she's scared to get hurt and she's one of those "frilly" chicks like my wife... put her on a foam top wakeskate. My wife took some diggers on her wakeboard a few years ago and the skate has been the one thing that has kept her out there after the big falls turned her off... no edge catching is a big plus when getting your woman on the boat.
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-22-2009, 6:39 AM Reply   
x3 melissa, all the girls who ride on my boat ride it and love it
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-22-2009, 7:44 AM Reply   
My wife Melissa, has the Melissa and loves it.
She also loves it when people ask her how she got her name on her board and bindings.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-22-2009, 7:52 AM Reply   
If she's going pretty slow and not really getting pop yet...I don't think it really matters what she's riding.

The Trip is a good board to get comfortable on, get used to pop off the wake, stability, etc.

My wife (also named Melissa) rode a Trip for the first 4 or 5 years she rode and it allowed her to progress well. That being said, there isn't much difference in shape between the Melissa and the Trip. (She did have to buy the Melissa bindings though just to have her name on her boots)

Save the money and don't buy a 'chick' board just yet.

(Message edited by ripr on April 22, 2009)
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-22-2009, 9:00 AM Reply   
Gonna have to put in a plug for the CWB Sapphire, with Ember bindings...favorite board I've ever ridden! Plus it's pretty:-)
Old     (alliecat0223)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-22-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
I have to agree with the Melissa fans. I rode other boards and my friend had a demo day at his shop and they got me to try the Melissa and I love the board. Im not changing for a while now. I cant wait to see how much I progress this year. Plus if you want it I bet Brad Maley still has some of last years. Its who I got mine from.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-22-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
The Melissa is one of, if not the, best womens board ever made imho. It has a great rocker line, perfect flex pattern, the edges are rolled in between the feet for forgiveness (but not as much as my Watson) and they are sharp near the tip and tail (also sharper than my Watson). The double/quad concave hull (spine) makes landings so awesome. I have ridden her board many times and it is really great. The Melissa bindings are supportive but very plush and soft. The footbed is one of the softest I have ever felt.

The Melissa is a MUCH much more evolved version of the Trip or the Angel.

My girl is now in entering year 4 of riding and is now stomping 3-5 w2w's per outing, and one wake half cabs, working on 1w 180s. Now if only someone would make more long girls boardshorts.... Try the '08 Ten80 Kensington.

Upload

(Message edited by wakemikey on April 22, 2009)
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-22-2009, 10:13 AM Reply   
duplicate

(Message edited by wakemikey on April 22, 2009)
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       04-22-2009, 2:59 PM Reply   
Jett rides nice, it's the same as the witness, I tried my wife's last summer but it's a little small for me.
Old     (courtney)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-22-2009, 9:43 PM Reply   
I am the one looking for the board. I don't care about getting hurt to be honest, I have just had a real bad experience. But the point is. I can jump and I want a board that is not really fast and not slow either. I want a board that I have control over and one that I can get some pop from. I have been looking at one that is a ronix deliha (sp) and I do like the new melissa board. I just don't want to get a board I'm going to be unhappy with.. Thanks for the advice.
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-23-2009, 8:32 AM Reply   
My wife rides the Ronix coy she loves it she is not a very aggresive rider. she feels like she has total control on that board. maybe another one for you to check out.
Old     (dmc_napa)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-24-2009, 2:29 PM Reply   
I second Andrea... Just picked up my CWB Sapphire this year and have ridden it two weekends in a row. I went for the Sage bindings and I love the entire package... Even got the life vest to match.

In no way can I ride like my girls or Andrea, but at least I'm not using everyone's hand-me-downs this year!

(Message edited by dmc_napa on April 24, 2009)