Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-07-2013, 7:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
^Do RGIII and Morris play defense also? You guys only managed three TD's on them. I mean if they were so one-dimensional, you guys should have hung 50, especially after RGIII began to struggle to walk. Weren't you guys trailing all the way until the 4th quarter? Doesn't sound like "domination" to me.
When the Seahawks got the ball back with 2:26 left in the first quarter, here was the yardage totals: Redskins 149, Seahawks -2.
After those two drives though: Seahawks 382, Redskins 54.
The Redskins didn't have a drive over 24 yards the rest of the game. And that D you're somehow bragging about allowed an opponent to hang 24 unanswered on em. I don't what planet you're on if you don't think those numbers spell out domination. Especially considering that you're right... the Seahawks made some mistakes and left more points out there. The Skins should have lost by even more.

[/QUOTE] Karma was a mofo for the Seahawks and it didn't take but a quarter for it to happen. [/QUOTE]

How was Karma a mofo? We won.

Shanahan is one heck of a smart coach. He scripts his first 15 or 20 plays to perfection. In a playoff game at home, with a talented team and with the crowd on your side (piped in noise and all), you SHOULD march down the field. Any visiting team would have to weather that storm. Just as Seattle did. Take the big hits, adjust and keep grinding.

I'm not remotely an expert, but I read that last week Pat Kirwin said on NFL radio something akin to: "Don't be surprised if Washington marches right down and scores on the opening drive; maybe even their first two drives. Pete Carroll will tell you that Shanahan is probably the best in the business at scripting the first couple drives, and Pete is going to play it close to the vest defensively. He's going to see how Shanahan is attacking first, even if he gets down a couple scores. Then he'll make his adjustments. The key is that Pete has guys--and he's coached this into them--guys who won't panic if they get down one or two scores." -- Dude must be a prophet.

I expected the second half to start the same way... Shanahan would make his own adjustments at the half and come out strong again. But it was likely RGIII's injury that kept that from happening.

Anyway, I disagree that the Redskins would have beaten the Seahawks by 3 scores. But I'm not gonna argue about it anymore.
I just read that the injury is really, really bad. ACL, PCL and maybe more. Might be out 14-18 months. I'm honestly very sorry to hear that. I wouldn't want to see that happen to anybody. Especially a kid with that much talent who's the future of your franchise. I'm not being snarky. I'd rather see the best teams play it out. I'm not a fan of injury... and despite the fact that our teams played each other this week, I do really like that team you root for. A lot. I hope your owner fixes that POS field.