Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       10-29-2014, 5:40 PM Reply   
All,

I have a surf boat and no good surf board! I have a 2013 RZR and due to wakeboarding injuries surfed 99% of the time this summer. I have both a 4'8" Hyperlite Broadcast with loose fins and a 5'0" Ronix Koal with multiple chunks out of it. Both were hand me downs from buddies. I can ride both all day but the Ronix is a bit faster and allows me to get a bit more air (not that its that much). I cannot do a 360 on either, no even close. The Ronix has three 2.9" fins on it. I would like an even faster lighter surf style board to allow harder edging and bigger air. I would like to be able to do 360's on this board as well though. Research pointed me to a Ronix Parks Carbon Thruster in either 4'7" or 5' 1" but I couldn't decide on the length so I made this post. I'm 5'10" and 180lbs.

I also would like to get a skim board. The only one I ever rode had ZERO fins and I couldn't keep the thing straight. I think I would like this type of riding too with the right board. Even though I'm a beginner (1 year under my belt) I would like a skim board I can grow into.

I could care less about brand, I just want some serious upgrades. Budget is ~$800 for both if feasible. I found the Carbon Thruster for about ~$450 for a leftover 2014. So what skim to get?

Mike