Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (kevSML)      Join Date: Jun 2014       08-25-2014, 8:21 PM Reply   
I've seen many slingshot boards out there recently. Seem like an awesome company and quality product. Only problem, most of the time I see them being used in cable settings. I ride mostly behind the boat. What slingshot boards are best for boat? I've been looking at their 3stage boards. But I don't want it to be too slow. But I also don't know the characteristics of flex/wood boards.

Any comments about past experiences would be great.
Old     (Dj2up10)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-25-2014, 8:56 PM Reply   
Yup, awesome company and awesome product. I've been on the Recoil for years behind the boat and have loved every second of it and haven't had any issues with speed at all (I rode the hype tribute before which is continuous).

I know they are dialing in their classifications more for Park, Boat, and dual purpose for '15...so I'd hang tight a few weeks to get all of the details. You're likely going to hear the range of opinions soon, but I absolutely am sold and love that they're made here in the states.
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-26-2014, 4:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj2up10 View Post
Yup, awesome company and awesome product. I've been on the Recoil for years behind the boat and have loved every second of it and haven't had any issues with speed at all (I rode the hype tribute before which is continuous).

I know they are dialing in their classifications more for Park, Boat, and dual purpose for '15...so I'd hang tight a few weeks to get all of the details. You're likely going to hear the range of opinions soon, but I absolutely am sold and love that they're made here in the states.
How would you compare the recoil to the tribute? I'm asking because I'm looking at the slingshot line and the tribute is my favorite board I've had so far. It seemed like a good balance of speed, pop, and playfulness. The only reason I got off it is I kept breaking the tips of the channels that come out of the tip and tail. I switched to the new Marek and now I'm currently on the Webb. I love the loose playful feel of the Webb, but I feel like it sacrifices a lot in pop compared to the Marek.
Old     (kevSML)      Join Date: Jun 2014       08-26-2014, 6:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj2up10 View Post

Awesome! Appreciate that. Yea I just saw a thread on here with the boat, cable, and dual purpose chart for slingshot. Probably a smart thing for them to do. With all wood boards, they need to clarify what each is intended for. Nice work yet again.

I honestly just think that they are the Lib Tech of wakeboarding. Very innovative each year, always trying new things to push the sport, built in USA, awesome customer service from what I hear, truly the best graphics in wakeboarding, and the all wood stuff is just sweet. Truly committed to getting a great product out there for everyone to ride and be stoked while riding.

On another note, while slingshot graphics are ballin, why does it seem like other companies have these kiddy graphics that I would have liked when I was 7 years old?
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-29-2014, 2:18 PM Reply   
If you dig the playfulness of the Webb but want more pop you should try the BP or the AR1
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-30-2014, 7:36 AM Reply   
any info on the slingshot NOMAD? they are making them long like: 150, 155, 160.

anyone?
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-30-2014, 7:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bschall View Post
If you dig the playfulness of the Webb but want more pop you should try the BP or the AR1
And I almost bought the BP haha. I was between the BP and Webb and ended up finding a Webb for $200 new so I went with it. I do like it, but I may see what 2015 looks like this week with surf expo.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-31-2014, 10:00 AM Reply   
I really like my Slingshot Kine behind the boat! It's been fun, playful, and really a great overall experience. Happy to weigh in on any more specific details!

I can still get the big pop, it just takes a slight adjustment to adjust to the way the board rides. Super light feel in the air which is really cool.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-31-2014, 11:38 AM Reply   
I really like my Lyman for boat (2014). The only downside is that on some crashes I've had my boots slide back on the fast track. Others have had the same issue with fast track. IMO it's more trouble than it's worth, but I like the way it rides so I'll deal.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-01-2014, 6:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye7708 View Post
I really like my Slingshot Kine behind the boat! It's been fun, playful, and really a great overall experience. Happy to weigh in on any more specific details!

I can still get the big pop, it just takes a slight adjustment to adjust to the way the board rides. Super light feel in the air which is really cool.
This!

I think I may step up to a blue pill or recoil next year when I come back from knee surgery.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-01-2014, 7:37 AM Reply   
After my knee I started focusing on wake to wake with my Slingshot and my knees have never been happier haha
Old     (woody_tobius_jr)      Join Date: Aug 2014       09-01-2014, 7:42 PM Reply   
I've been riding a recoil for a few years, and my oldest daughter now on a reflex behind the boat, both are great boards in my opinion. We both have the driver boots and they're very comfortable, takes a little longer to get them on and tied up though . I bought the Arcane surf board last year and have been really happy with it behind the boat as well. The customer service at Slingshot is great too, I've dealt with them once when my recoil was new, and they had me fixed up right away.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-03-2014, 11:59 AM Reply   
Has anyone ridden the Oli behind the boat?
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-03-2014, 4:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_moreton View Post
Has anyone ridden the Oli behind the boat?
There was a guy on here a week ago asking for what size he should ride on the Oli. He seemed to like it. It is tough to see how the channels affect it but he seemed to like it. I personally like the smooth bottom boards.