Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-15-2014, 12:09 PM Reply   
I love good wakeboard stories. What are some of the best stories you have from wakeboarding? Whether hilarious/awesome/legendary/etc.?

Here's one of my favorites (and correct me if I'm wrong):

Around the turn of the millennium, Ricky G and Erik Ruck were the two finalists in a double-up contest. Ricky G is first off the dock and gets a perfect double-up set up for him. He comes bombing into the wake, hits it perfect and to the awe of all the spectators executes a perfect fashion air. Hilarious, but that's obviously not going to win the contest. Erik Ruck is up next and he's certain to take the win. He executes a text-book jump off the double up and BOOM! another perfect fashion air. Rumors say that multiple pumps of the fashion air occurred by the riders.

I don't know who won the contest but I think the answer is clear: the spectators and wakeboard history won the contest.

Another awesome occurrence was in the early 2000s when Parks slipped on a slider, was going down, caught himself with his hand, righted himself, and rode away.

Any other great stories like this whether done by pros or us regular folk?