Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-18-2012, 6:35 PM Reply   
I have a few questions about Company bindings. First, how are they, I know everyone here always had good things to say about company what was your take on their bindings. The next question is did they make any type of adapter for the old style 8" hole pattern?
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-18-2012, 6:45 PM Reply   
They are my favorite bindings of all time. Super comfortable. True to size in my experience. The 2010 boots with the f.i.s. system only work on a 6"plate i believe.

I have rode both the vandall and the company pro boots. The vandall blows away every other velcro boot ive tried (i had a set of Vantages that i demolished in no time, also tried the new slingshots and they were just ok). The company pros are a good mix of comfort an support but lean more to the stiff side.

I have a stockpile of Company boots to last me a while. Dont know what exactly you are looking for, but i have a set of 2010 company pros in a size 11 i could sell for a reasonable price.
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-18-2012, 6:56 PM Reply   
Yeah, I saw a set and i am looking for some bindings for my 08 Murray board, but it has the 8" hole pattern and that is a problem. I had to get and adapter baseplate for my hyperlite teams to use them on that board because otherwise, my stance was too narrow.....
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-18-2012, 7:07 PM Reply   
I don't think they made an adaptor. even if they did, good luck finding one now.
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-18-2012, 10:11 PM Reply   
Post a picture of the board i might just have some laying around
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-19-2012, 3:18 AM Reply   
This is the board that i was thinking of trying to use them on
http://www.wakeworld.com/products/in...detail&p=56755
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-19-2012, 4:00 AM Reply   
best bindings ever made in my opinion. go down a size though, i wear a 10 shoe and a 9 Vandall.
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-19-2012, 4:55 AM Reply   
Nick, did you mean you might have some adapters laying around? Because I don't know if they even made them, but if they did and you have some, I would definitely be interested
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-19-2012, 8:05 AM Reply   
i agree 100% the vandals slaughtered anything ever built. rode a new pair of "pro model" boots last night and first comment i made was..."we'll they arent my vandal's.... thismorning i find this post....
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-19-2012, 8:27 AM Reply   
I have been riding the Company Pro bindings with for the past two seasons and absolutely loved them. I feel that they have a perfect true to size fit and the comfort level is the best of all the bindings that I have tried on in the past couple years. I like really tight bindings so the velcro of the Vandalls was not for me, but assuming they are the same liners in both the Pros and Vandalls, it would come down to preference assuming you can find some out there still.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-19-2012, 12:11 PM Reply   
There is a guy who has a ton of company boots in all sizes on ebay. The prices are ridiculous. $99 free shipping. I bought 3 pairs of vandalls and 2 pairs of pro's. get them while u can. He has the 2009 boots for like $60. All the product is brand new in the box. He's also got all the company bags for crazy cheap too. Just do a search for "company wakeboard" on eBay.
Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-19-2012, 12:56 PM Reply   
I read on that ebay sellers page the mounting compatibilty and it said that the stance is limited to 22.5inches, but works with 7 and 8" mouting patterns? I have never measured my stance. Is 22.5 considered to be not very wide? No idea what an average stance is. Guess I need to go home and measure
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-19-2012, 1:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyaimfire View Post
There is a guy who has a ton of company boots in all sizes on ebay. The prices are ridiculous. $99 free shipping. I bought 3 pairs of vandalls and 2 pairs of pro's. get them while u can. He has the 2009 boots for like $60. All the product is brand new in the box. He's also got all the company bags for crazy cheap too. Just do a search for "company wakeboard" on eBay.
yep, i just pillaged that store as well! i love my Company boots. i bought one of every bag as well
Old     (tranner)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-19-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
Not sure what size you are, but I'm 5'8" and I ride my wakeboard between 25.5" to 26.0" on my stance. That is center of one boot to center of other boot. For reference, my snowboard stance is exactly 23".
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-19-2012, 1:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
This guy sold blow out stock already and went out from Ebay. I think it was last knock for these perfect made and designed bindings... I've bought some of them for future - mount system the best for today
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-19-2012, 1:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburbo View Post
yep, i just pillaged that store as well! i love my Company boots. i bought one of every bag as well
The bags are hands down the best I've ever had. Got one of each as well!
Old     (carter134)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-19-2012, 1:26 PM Reply   
tommy ?do you have any of the mounting brackets i could buy from you ?
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-19-2012, 1:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
The bags are hands down the best I've ever had. Got one of each as well!
thats awesome. i am thinking about grabbing extra bags, just to have around. i also bought a pair of Pros to go with my Vandalls. thinking about picking up another pair or two while i still can.

Tommy, how is your CW425 treating you?
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-19-2012, 1:40 PM Reply   
Already have the roller bag, but almost bought another one because of how nice they are. I did grab a pair of the Vandall's though.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-19-2012, 1:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndh2o View Post
Already have the roller bag, but almost bought another one because of how nice they are. I did grab a pair of the Vandall's though.
nice Cary. tell Chris to get on there, he needs new Vandalls BADLY. but i can never reach him
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-19-2012, 1:50 PM Reply   
annnnnnnnd just bought another pair of Pros. somebody help me, i cant stop......
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-19-2012, 2:37 PM Reply   
I have a pair of size 9 pros that were only wore a few times. I modified the toebox a bit, but would sell them super-cheap.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-19-2012, 3:20 PM Reply   
At this point I'm not sure what I'm doing with these boots. I have several boards in my quiver and may use them all at once. If I for some reason decide not to, I will sell a set to u. I will let u know though.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-19-2012, 3:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
At this point I'm not sure what I'm doing with these boots. I have several boards in my quiver and may use them all at once. If I for some reason decide not to, I will sell a set to u. I will let u know though.
i feel you man. i now have a couple of pairs, i dont know that I will ever need them but i cant pass up the opportunity to stock up. i will probably sell my Ronix Prestons soon
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-19-2012, 3:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
thats awesome. i am thinking about grabbing extra bags, just to have around. i also bought a pair of Pros to go with my Vandalls. thinking about picking up another pair or two while i still can.

Tommy, how is your CW425 treating you?
The phalanx is a sick board. I ride saltwater 50% of the time, so I grabbed a set of 1" hyperlite pwings to get a little more bite in the salt. I actually like it alot better. Overall this thing is bulletproof and should last forever. I'm thinking about grabbing one of there park boards if Desert Wake ever opens back up.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-19-2012, 3:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
annnnnnnnd just bought another pair of Pros. somebody help me, i cant stop......
The price is too good!
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-19-2012, 3:38 PM Reply   
I would say save some money, cuz Vandall told me to "stay tuned G" when I asked him if he had any new boots in the works.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-19-2012, 3:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
The phalanx is a sick board. I ride saltwater 50% of the time, so I grabbed a set of 1" hyperlite pwings to get a little more bite in the salt. I actually like it alot better. Overall this thing is bulletproof and should last forever. I'm thinking about grabbing one of there park boards if Desert Wake ever opens back up.
yeah, my CW-385 is my favorite board so far. I wont get a chance to use my PRK board until my next trip to ECWP, but i am looking forward to taking it for a spin.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-19-2012, 3:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
I would say save some money, cuz Vandall told me to "stay tuned G" when I asked him if he had any new boots in the works.
looking forward to seeing what he has up his sleeve. i know we are in the process of adding bindings to our lineup, just not sure exactly when. for now i will just keep riding my Company stuff, lol
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-19-2012, 3:52 PM Reply   
Is the prk super flexy? Would u consider it more like a slingshot response, or more like a Watson hybrid?
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-19-2012, 3:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Is the prk super flexy? Would u consider it more like a slingshot response, or more like a Watson hybrid?
its more like a Watson Hybrid. it has a good amount of flex, just not as much as a Slingshot. The CFR should be a little closer to the Slingy, it will be a thinner profile than the CW but the same shape, and a lot more flex
Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-19-2012, 3:59 PM Reply   
For those of you with the Vandalls, how do you feel about the straps? I have never had a binding without some type of lacing or BOA. Right now I have that snowboard style binding on my Marek's(which I dont really like). My concern is that I wont like the straps, maybe the Pro's would be the better way to go since there is lacing?
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-19-2012, 4:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by csswake3 View Post
For those of you with the Vandalls, how do you feel about the straps? I have never had a binding without some type of lacing or BOA. Right now I have that snowboard style binding on my Marek's(which I dont really like). My concern is that I wont like the straps, maybe the Pro's would be the better way to go since there is lacing?
if you like a stiffer boot, go with the Pros. but i absolutely love the velcro system on the Vandalls, never had a problem getting them tight enough
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-19-2012, 4:08 PM Reply   
I agree with Joe. The pro's are much stiffer, but the vandalls are super plush. I can get them as tight as I want. No issues there.
Old     (sambo13)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-19-2012, 7:47 PM Reply   
How does the weight on the Pros compare to some of the new bindings on the market? I'm thinking about ordering a pair to replace my 2011 RADs. The liners have worn out in a few spots, and if I can get new bindings for $20 more than the cost of the liners...
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-19-2012, 10:38 PM Reply   
Both Vandall and Pro are really very light even when wet. You'll love it. I'm sure
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-20-2012, 3:58 AM Reply   
agree with Alex. both of the Company bindings are super light! my Phalanx setup with the Vandalls is the lightest setup i have owned so far
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-20-2012, 5:32 AM Reply   
For anyone interested, a couple 134 severances and size 9 or 10 bindings
http://www.boardco.com/shopdisplaypr...&searchfields=
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-20-2012, 10:51 AM Reply   
Saw those too deegan. Wish they were 142's.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-20-2012, 2:59 PM Reply   
I rode my Vandall for 2 years and 1 binding tore down neoprene that slits at the ankles. They recently tore all the way to the back of the boot. They still feel pretty good though. Pro's have been ordered! Agreed on the sizing, shoes 10, bindings 9.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-20-2012, 3:13 PM Reply   
I went down a size in the pros when I ordered them too. However, I'm hoping the stretch out a little bit cuz they feel pretty tight on my toes. Second pair I ordered, I went with my regular size and they are much more comfortable. I think it's just a personal preference thing though. How tight u want them. I might try heat molding the smaller ones to see if it helps.
Old     (waketac)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-22-2012, 2:39 AM Reply   
Does any of You have a Pair of F.I.S. clamps to spare. Cause I broke a a pair with catching a hellside edge on a backside landing. Hate to see my favorite bindings lying around because of the missing clamps. Of course I'll put in the cash for the parts and the shipping. (Did I mention I'm sitting in Germany?)
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-28-2012, 6:24 PM Reply   
Could anyone with a pair of the pro bindings measure from the insole to the top of where the boot would hit your shin?
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-29-2012, 12:21 AM Reply   
Has anyone tried to use company bindings with the F.I.S. system in conjunction with the slingshot fast track setup? I haven't quite figured out if it's gonna work for my cable board yet.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-29-2012, 9:55 AM Reply   
Saw that guy on e-bay too. going to order some bindings (& a bag or 2), but after checking out your comments on binding sizing I am not sure which way to go. I wear a 10 shoe, but have a wide fore foot. If i drop to a size 9 am I going to have the width?? I wear a 10 in GB Gonzalez's. I think my old CD's are XL though.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-29-2012, 1:59 PM Reply   
It's always a bit of a gamble but, I usually wear a 10.5 shoe and I found the Vandall 9s to be perfect. I just got my pros in today and the 9s feel really snug but I'm sure they will break in just A1.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-29-2012, 2:02 PM Reply   
The pros seem to run true to size. The Vandall has been said to run big.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-30-2012, 3:08 AM Reply   
Well according to LF, Company plagiarised their bindings so if you're really stuck you can just ask LF to knock you up a pair.Hell,knock them up??They've probably got thousands lying around.
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-30-2012, 6:35 PM Reply   
To answer a few of the recent questions, I took a gamble and ordered the Pros from the guy on ebay . I found that they were true to size, the forefoot was a little wide for me, but the Velcro strap takes care of that. As for the question about the slingshot track system, I was going to put them on my old Murray, but it is a 8" hole pattern and so I left my Teams on that board and put the Company's on my newer Murray with the Strata track and they worked just fine. Also their shipping costs was pretty fast too
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-30-2012, 6:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboozer View Post
To answer a few of the recent questions, I took a gamble and ordered the Pros from the guy on ebay . I found that they were true to size, the forefoot was a little wide for me, but the Velcro strap takes care of that. As for the question about the slingshot track system, I was going to put them on my old Murray, but it is a 8" hole pattern and so I left my Teams on that board and put the Company's on my newer Murray with the Strata track and they worked just fine. Also their shipping costs was pretty fast too
Yeah, I know the work with the hyperlite strata track. The slingshot is different. It has studs that come up through the bottom of the plate and you put the nut on the top. I had issues getting the nut to fit in the fis bracket. Still trying to come up with a solution. I put some LF Vantages on it for now, but they are not my first choice.
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-01-2012, 12:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Has anyone tried to use company bindings with the F.I.S. system in conjunction with the slingshot fast track setup? I haven't quite figured out if it's gonna work for my cable board yet.
Yeah. I use F.I.S. on SS I've redone original nuts from SS board - just have cut skirt to the main size of the ones. It's enough for good matching with the F.I.S. You can use machine cutting or simple way is hand abrasive machine. Sorry if my explanation is not very clear. I can send photos during few days
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-01-2012, 1:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xistential View Post
Well according to LF, Company plagiarised their bindings so if you're really stuck you can just ask LF to knock you up a pair.Hell,knock them up??They've probably got thousands lying around.
Chris, my guess Tony will not happy to meet you in dark place lol
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-01-2012, 5:38 PM Reply   
I'm using two sets of the elongated slot FIS clamps to attach to my SS. It works really well but you need that extra set of clamps.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-01-2012, 6:36 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info boys... Gonna see if I can make it work.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-06-2012, 10:14 AM Reply   
Whats the diff between the Index & the Pro's?
Old     (vince15)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-06-2012, 4:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lives2wake View Post
It's always a bit of a gamble but, I usually wear a 10.5 shoe and I found the Vandall 9s to be perfect. I just got my pros in today and the 9s feel really snug but I'm sure they will break in just A1.

I also wear a size 10.5 shoe and I'm thinking of purchasing the pro bindings. 3 of my everyday shoes are 10.5 and i have 1 which is a size 11. I like a perfect fit. Should i go with a size 10 or 11 in the Company Pro bindings?
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-06-2012, 10:44 PM Reply   
I wear an 11.5 and have had both a size 11, an a 12 in the pro. The 11 was pretty tight, my toes were tapping the front of the boot. Had i heat molded them, they might have fit ok. Overall the 12's worked better for me.
Old     (railrider)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-07-2012, 6:13 AM Reply   
hows the weight on Company Vandall Pro(velcro)? is it light as the ronix one ?
Old     (vince15)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-07-2012, 9:31 AM Reply   
Thanks
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-08-2012, 1:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by railrider View Post
hows the weight on Company Vandall Pro(velcro)? is it light as the ronix one ?
My guess Vandall lighter IMO
Old     (lukus)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-09-2012, 7:27 AM Reply   
I ordered a pair of Vandalls and a pair of Co closed toes. I ordered both in a size 10 and I usually wear a 10.5 shoe. The Vandalls fit perfect and the Co's were a bit too tight. I'm putting the Co bindings on a shared board anyway so this wasn't a big deal. I did not try to heat mold the Co's.

I mounted the Vandall bindings SS fast track system using the FIS clamps, the SS srew inserts, nylon washer, and a 1/4" bolt coupler from the hardware store since the SS nuts don't work with the clamps. The great thing about the bolt coupler is you can tighten the hell out of it with a ratchet which will hopefully keep the bindings from slipping on the track.

Coming from the Ronix ones I would say the Vandalls are just a tad lighter. They are also super flexy, and the easiest boots to get in & out of.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-09-2012, 7:28 AM Reply   
Could you post pictures of them on a board?
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-09-2012, 9:42 AM Reply   
Can anyone tell me how these would work with a 2010 watson classic? What else would I need besides the bindings on stealbay.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-09-2012, 10:28 AM Reply   

this setup is insane by the way
Attached Images

Old     (jpaul)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-09-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
Will have my pros on thurs
Old     (bkillgore)      Join Date: May 2010       07-09-2012, 6:15 PM Reply   
Looking at buying a pair of vandalls in a size 10 off ebay.I wear a 10 regular shoe and I noticed that everyone is saying to jump down a size with the vandalls.Only problem is they dont have anymore 9's in stock so if I buy a 10 how loose are they going to be? Too loose to the point where I wont be able to ride with them or can I fill the void with a insole?
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-09-2012, 6:51 PM Reply   
Rockin the same exact same setup hate. It's easily the best board I've ever ridden.
Old     (tomcat22)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-12-2012, 7:49 AM Reply   
Also was wondering about the vandalls size i wear a 9.5 to 10 in shoe size and now that size 9 is sold out was wondering how loose a 10 would be or would i be better to get the pros.
Old     (mpfiste2)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-12-2012, 7:54 AM Reply   
I'm in the same boat and bought the 10's. I wish I would have bought the 9's or gone with the Pro's.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-12-2012, 7:59 AM Reply   
i wear a 9.5 shoe, and the 9 Vandalls are a perfect fit. I also ordered Pros in a 9, and they fir perfect as well.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-12-2012, 11:01 AM Reply   
I'm 12.5 so would 12 be my fit??? also will these fit on a Ronix Vault 2011 ??? been looking to get into closed toes these are a steal!!
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-12-2012, 2:37 PM Reply   
I wear size 10.5 11 and i got the 10s and they fit perfect so i would go with the 12s. You could order 2 pairs and just send back the pair that you dont want
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-12-2012, 3:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
i wear a 9.5 shoe, and the 9 Vandalls are a perfect fit. I also ordered Pros in a 9, and they fir perfect as well.
Any chance you could post a few pictures of them side by side?
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-12-2012, 3:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter660 View Post
Any chance you could post a few pictures of them side by side?
sure, i can try and get some tonight/tomorrow
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-13-2012, 4:53 AM Reply   
I went ahead and ordered the Pro 13's b/c he only had 2 left and he has a ton of the pro 12's . I'll let all you big footed people know how they fit compared to nike's
Old     (vince15)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-13-2012, 9:16 AM Reply   
Thanks guys for the help.

Will HEAT MOLDING in the oven ruin the Company Pros? Im thinking about doing it. Any tips or things to look out for?
Old     (tomcat22)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-13-2012, 6:18 PM Reply   
i gonna go with the 10 vandalls and try them on, if all else fails i will just send them back since they have free return shipping and then go with the pros.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-13-2012, 9:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince15 View Post
Thanks guys for the help.

Will HEAT MOLDING in the oven ruin the Company Pros? Im thinking about doing it. Any tips or things to look out for?
I'm pretty sure u can do this without ruining them.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-13-2012, 9:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat22 View Post
i gonna go with the 10 vandalls and try them on, if all else fails i will just send them back since they have free return shipping and then go with the pros.
I dont think there is free return shipping... and you have to pay them for the first shipping to you which is 12 bucks.
Old     (vince15)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-13-2012, 10:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'm pretty sure u can do this without ruining them.
Alright good. I've never done it before, but ill give it a shot