Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (obriengotwake)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-03-2014, 3:58 PM Reply   
Where and how is everyone mounting their mobile devices these days? I am looking for ideas.

I am still debating if I want to leave the music control in the hands of the observer. I would rather have the driver worry about driving.
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-03-2014, 4:57 PM Reply   
Suction Cup mounts to the windshield work very well
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-03-2014, 6:53 PM Reply   
ram mount mounted to the side of the dash
Attached Images

Last edited by camassanger; 07-03-2014 at 6:58 PM.
Old     (JArthurSquid)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-08-2014, 12:23 PM Reply   
If you have a Centurion, it wedges pretty nicely in the dash console. That's what we do for Ride My Wake! as shown in the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlvdcme27HA#t=17
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-08-2014, 12:41 PM Reply   
So I've thought about adding a mount to my dash too, but when it's really hot and the sun is beating down on my phone it seems to go into some sort protection mode and won't work. Just a thought, but what about adding a pocket under the dash where your phone will be in the shade and a little more protected?
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       08-08-2014, 1:20 PM Reply   
Suction cup mount to windshield. it only fits my phone though. so not a "community" spot. It has the 3.5mm that goes to the WS420-SQ or I'll run BT to my deck. The deck is the other input to the Wetsounds EQ. The dock has a charger that just plugs into the cig lighter of the boat because I haven't gotten around to hard wiring it yet.

Old     (JArthurSquid)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-08-2014, 1:38 PM Reply   
The top of our dash overhangs enough to shade the phone, but I could see where heat would be an issue. I think a pocket would work -- though, since we use the iPhone for GPS speed, I like to have it visible front and center.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       08-08-2014, 1:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
So I've thought about adding a mount to my dash too, but when it's really hot and the sun is beating down on my phone it seems to go into some sort protection mode and won't work. Just a thought, but what about adding a pocket under the dash where your phone will be in the shade and a little more protected?
I've never had an issue with my phone because of heat. and you saw where I mounted mine....
Old     (JArthurSquid)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-08-2014, 2:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayson View Post
I've never had an issue with my phone because of heat. and you saw where I mounted mine....
Might depend on the phone model. I used to have Android phones (Cliq, G2x) and often got overheat warnings. Since getting an iPhone 5, no issues.