Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-16-2009, 8:29 PM Reply   
Does anyone know how to get the very front backrest off of the hull of the boat? It looks like it has some little plastic thing that jam in there, but they are messed up and it is just flopping. Anyone know where to get those things?
Old     (nukepower)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-17-2009, 12:41 AM Reply   
I would swear that you have to reach up underneath the seat, basically between the "inner" and "outer" hull and there are nuts that are on bolts that stick out of the cushion. I m pretty sure all the side cushions in the bow are like that, or should be. They were on the 05 X-2. I had to tighten some of them once and a while and I remember when I ran speaker cables up there too.

If you have an inspection mirror and a flashlight it would help to see up there and be prepared for some fiberglass rash too.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-17-2009, 4:52 PM Reply   
On the 2000-2003's for sure they are just pressure tabs. They are plastic with teeth and just use pressure to stay in place. So you grab a hold of the bottom corner and pull firmly. will pop right off. Don't jerk it,,,,,,,just use good solid steady pressure. Its the same for all the attachments in the cushion. I am not sure where you can get them (dealer or auto parts store would be a great start)but if you if needed to put a new one on I am sure you will have to unstitch/unstaple the seat skin to get to the tab and remove it to intsert a new one. I am sure this could be very easily done as you would just unstaple a small section around the tab you need to replace.

The side armrests in the bow have nuts. However in order to fully remove the armrests you also have to remove the center portion because there is one nut on that bow armrest that is directly in the corner next to the center cushion. I know from experience. :-)

(Message edited by xstarrider on October 17, 2009)
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-17-2009, 5:55 PM Reply   
alright, it looks like on mine, the pressure tab is actually attatched to the hull, which sounds like it might be a good thing. I'll hit up the dealership one day this week and see what I can find out.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-17-2009, 9:54 PM Reply   
So your tab came out of the seat base then already?

Because the 3 seats that I have removed the tabs all stayed with the seat base not in the fiberglass.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2009, 12:03 PM Reply   
yeah, the tab is still in the fiberglass. Maybe they tried something different in the '04 for a while? I don't know.