Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-11-2009, 5:08 PM Reply   
We spent the night at the lake for an event that was held 2 weeks ago. so for the first time, we beached our boat in something other then sand. we thought the spot we beached our boat at was alright because all the other boats where there and it looked to be like soft mud. after the 2 days being there and taking the boat in and out several times and leaving it beached over night, it got scratched up pretty bad. none of these scratches where there before the trip. we washed it, and then waxed it hoping it would pull some of the surface ones out. waxing helped a little but not to much. these pics are AFTER wax. i know we are pretty much stuck with the big ones. but do you guys have an suggestions for some of the smaller ones?

thanks
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       10-11-2009, 6:12 PM Reply   
How steep was the area where you beached your boat...some of those scratches are pretty high on the hull??
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-11-2009, 6:39 PM Reply   
very steep. and we left a 750 lb fat sacs in the bow all weekend. it had about 6 inches of dirt going straight up past the water level
Old     (roomservice)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-11-2009, 6:39 PM Reply   
wet sand it. use a fine emory cloth with water, rub until you cant feel the scratch, then rubbing compound, then polishing compound, rub down with acetone, then wax. It'll prob look so good you'll want to do the rest of the boat. Really deep scratches wont come out this way, you'd have to re-do the gelcoat and hope it matches exactly.

sorry that happened to your boat. good luck.

Oh yeah, forgot to say...it looks like a total loss, so sad, time for a new boat.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-11-2009, 6:43 PM Reply   
thanks G

ill see what happens.

and i like your alst response. made me literally laugh out loud.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-11-2009, 7:25 PM Reply   
Dave.. whats up..wetsanding will take those right out.. they look like just surface scratches... call me if you want details..
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-11-2009, 7:55 PM Reply   
hey isaac. thanks. idk if my dad wants to wet sand the hull of the boat. hes going to try rubbing compound first. and they are actually pretty deep. they dont look to bad in the pics. but they are pretty bad
Old     (roomservice)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-11-2009, 8:30 PM Reply   
grow a pair and wet sand it.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-11-2009, 8:34 PM Reply   
haha. just mentally it sounds so wrong. ive never wet sanded though. so idk how it comes out
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-12-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
Wet sanding works great! My dad and I did it to an old eliminator boat and made it look brand new!