Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-04-2009, 2:41 PM Reply   
To power 4 Bullet Hollowpoints? Anyone have experience or have any other suggestions? Thanks
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       10-04-2009, 5:13 PM Reply   
If you search youtube for hollow point there is a video that we did in a malibu lsv 23. it has a pair of 770`s and a paier of 650`s all poweraed by the JLHD 600.4 the video while nice dose not do that tower justice it sounds twice as nice in person.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-04-2009, 6:04 PM Reply   
Rob,

The JL Audio HD 600/4 would be the best possible choice to power four 770s. With dual power supplies this amplifier is amazingly graceful when driven hard. Sound quality is excellent. In fact, its even been adopted by most of the diehard JL Slash series AB enthusiasts. Its routinely the amplifier of choice in automotive to run the very best speakers including DynAudio, Boston Acoustics SPZ and Focal Utopia. Class D is the highest efficiency and the coolest running amplifier technology. Versus a two-channel amplifier, the HD 600/4 won't drop in efficiency when you run four speakers. Full rated power down to 11-volts. Port for an optional controller that places tower speaker control at your fingertips.

Other good options include the Alpine PDX-4.150 Class D or dual JL Audio G1300 monoblocks.

While you're checking out the video that LilJohn mentioned you'll also find another video playing four 770s with the G1300 monoblocks.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-04-2009, 6:37 PM Reply   
Thanks Dave. I did see the video - pretty impressive. I think I as sold on the JL!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-04-2009, 7:55 PM Reply   
Here's my short list: (in addition to Davids list)

Boston Acoustic GT-28
Boston Acoustic GT-2300
Arc Audio SE2150
Arc Audio XXK2500
Image Dynamic Q700.2
kicker ZX 850.2
WS SYN2

All of which would be driven at 2 ohm

I run the GT-28 and previously powered them at 4 ohms with the JBL PX 300.4 which is a great amp but the current amp is an improvement. If I went back to 4 ohms I'd do the Alpine PDX 4.150. I have a 4.100 running my interiors and really love it for its power, efficiency and foot print.

Another interesting application would be to series them then parallel them into a Zapco REF1100.1...

EDIT: Bahh, Missed the Arc Audio KS 300.2

(Message edited by hate&pain on October 04, 2009)