Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-02-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
I am looking to get a remote start security system for my truck, what do you recommend? why?
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       10-02-2009, 9:35 AM Reply   
viper they make nice and reliable systems
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-02-2009, 9:58 AM Reply   
Viper or Clifford. Both are made by DEI. They are the only brands I would ever put into my vehicles. Spendy but with a good install they will last forever and the company is great to deal with if you ever have any issues.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-02-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
DEI also has some other brands I've used in the past...go to their website, you'll find them. Same internals just less functions.
Old     (carlosdynamicaudiolodi)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-02-2009, 12:27 PM Reply   
Kevin, when looking at security systems look at what you are trying to protect. DEI makes great systems, but if it's not installed properly or you don't cover all the zones then you just have a fancy remote start and noise maker. Look at how people are getting in to trucks, broken glass? popped locks? How quickly can you're system be bypassed? how can you attract a lot of attention to your vehicle if someone is making an attempt to break in? We do a ton of alarms and in our area car theft and break ins are extremely common. Think like a thief and out smart a thief.
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-02-2009, 12:54 PM Reply   
I mostly want to deter the smash and grab. I know the smash is impossible to deter, but the follow up grab is what gets me. Especially when they spend their time in there.
Old     (wakebdr2002)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-02-2009, 3:26 PM Reply   
If you are worried about smash and grab get a glass break sensor. They can be added to most any system and detects the sound frequency of breaking glass.
Old    shooter_08            10-02-2009, 4:29 PM Reply   
Alarms are a waist of money. Get a good kill switch to prevent auto theft , don’t leave expensive items (ipods, purses, portable GPS systems) sitting in the truck and lock it up. If they want your stereo bad enough, they are going to get it. Most alarms are easy to bypass and no one even pays attention to them anyway.
Old     (carlosdynamicaudiolodi)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-02-2009, 7:03 PM Reply   
Alarms are a waste. Get a security system. Kill switches are almost useless since newer cars have great and extremely hard to bypass ignition systems. When getting your security system make sure you add a 508d from dei. It's a proximity sensor with 2 zones one interior and one exterior. It's a great way to avoid the smash. Also make Shure your installer adds horn honk along with the siren. Nobody pays attention to a siren but they do pay attention when a horn and siren are blaring. Thiefs will always go for the easier target and the one that they will least likely to get caught.
Old     (carlosdynamicaudiolodi)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-02-2009, 7:06 PM Reply   
Try bypassing our systems. Good luck. It's all in the install and the right accessories.