Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (davesetter)      Join Date: Jan 2014       05-02-2016, 7:14 AM Reply   
Can anyone give me any details on the tour stop in Dallas this weekend. What Lake/ The actual site and maybe best places to stay. Maybe motel where pros are staying?
Old     (csherbo)      Join Date: Jul 2013       05-02-2016, 8:48 AM Reply   
Everything you are looking for is available here: http://www.wakeboardingmag.com/2016-pwt-1

It is pretty easy to see the lake etc by the address listed on google maps.
Old     (davesetter)      Join Date: Jan 2014       05-02-2016, 12:00 PM Reply   
It is pretty easy to see the lake etc by the address listed on google maps.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was kindve hoping for a little more info on the venue. Is there seating? Is there a beach area? Can I set up a shade? Ice chests OK, Can I bring a boat and watch from it?
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-02-2016, 12:33 PM Reply   
I'm surprised that the answers to your questions are not easily found. That should be a pretty high priority of the event organizers.
Old     (davesetter)      Join Date: Jan 2014       05-02-2016, 1:30 PM Reply   
Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. but your right you would think the info would be easier to find. Already have room reservations but trying to decide whether to bring our boat or not. pumped to be going tho!
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-02-2016, 3:23 PM Reply   
The lake is a very small and does not allow water sports however lake worth is 5 min down the road if you wanna wakeboard. They are building a new ramp at marine creek but I don't think it's done. The only ramp is prob gonna need 4wd to get wakeboat in and out. It's dirt/gravel on north end of lake. I doubt there wIll be many boats to tie with at this location and if they ride where contests are normally done, you will be stuck at the very end of the line. You could prob set up your own shade and I can almost guarantee there won't be any bleachers unless supra brings them so bring your own chairs. They say no coolers/pets but people always bring them so don't know what to tell you there. I drive by this spot every trip to the lake so pretty familiar.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-03-2016, 7:40 AM Reply   
Lake name & address:
Trinity Trails at Marine Creek Lake
3054 NW Loop 820
Fort Worth, TX 76179

Host hotel (where pros stay):
Courtyard Fossil Creek
3751 NE Loop 820
Fort Worth, TX 76137
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-03-2016, 7:55 AM Reply   
Bring your own tent and chairs. You could also stay near a cable park and check that out.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-03-2016, 8:18 AM Reply   
No seating, bring your own chairs, blankets, etc. No coolers allowed. Prior to setting up shade must be approved by tour staff. Watching from shore is the only way to see the Fort Worth event.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-03-2016, 5:37 PM Reply   
I just read this from Travis Moye on Alliance and thought it was quite pertinent:

"AW: What was your favorite location/venue for pro competitions that you drove?

TM: The X-Games at Marine Stadium was hard to beat. Always tons of people, pretty blue water, and when it was over I got to pretend I was fancy at some restaurant in L.A. instead of eating at a Chili’s in BFE, Kentucky. I know there is some type of system of picking where contests are, I’m just not sure what it is. I’m guessing they get some type of tax credit, or have relatives that live there, or something like that. Maybe it’s just a sick joke to see if they can get us all to show up. I see them all in a room going, “Guys, there is no way they are going to come to (insert any town a wakeboard event is in) to make $250. Is there an airport there? Yeah, an hour and a half away, and it’s 3 connections from Orlando. Hotel/food? Yep, a partially condemned Econolodge and a Hardees. Lock it in!” "

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/inside-travis-moye/
Old     (davesetter)      Join Date: Jan 2014       05-04-2016, 7:21 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the info guys. What is the nearest cable park by the way?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-04-2016, 7:55 AM Reply   
That is Marine Stadium in California, this is at Marine Creek near Ft Worth. Closest cable park would be the not yet opened RepublicCable Park Ft Worth, however it is not open to anyone's knowledge yet. Hydrous in Allen would likely be most convenient and best option, there is also Hydrous in Little Elm, and Wake Sport Ranch is a ways southwest of the metroplex.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-05-2016, 11:16 AM Reply   
I didn't mean to add confusion as to which Marine stadium/lake. The part I thought was pertinent was where he was joking about how they pick places in BFE.
Old     (board365)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-09-2016, 2:14 PM Reply   
Did anyone go, and if so how was it?
Old     (csherbo)      Join Date: Jul 2013       05-10-2016, 6:46 AM Reply   
I went. I thought it was excellent. The location was really good, nice sloped grassy shoreline, with a good view of the run. The part of the water they used was protected, so even though it was windy on the main body, it stayed quite flat for the riders. Event was run really well, and on schedule. The riding looked great, and the video coverage displayed on the jumbotron really augmented the viewing. I don't know if this is a format change for this year or not, but the finals were two runs no falls. It meant the riders really went for it, and they fell, a lot. Dean Smith who rode great in the semi's fell on his first trick both times, hench the big fat 0 on the scoreboard. Harley also uncharacteristically fell early in both runs as well. Going into the final, it really was anyone's game, which made it very exciting to watch. I should also say transitions between riders was really smooth and quick.

I would definitely go again. I had all my kids there, and my youngest two were able to play in the water at the edge while we watched, so everyone had a great time.