Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (flienlow)      Join Date: Dec 2015       08-12-2016, 9:20 PM Reply   
I can imagine how much you love these stupid posts, but please humor me if you would.

First off... I suck at wake surfing.
Second... we bought a 2015 Moomba LSV -
Third... I'm older Mid 40's .

Anyway, not know anything about boards. I talked to a guy at a local shop who sells me a CWB Bently. - For some reason I need the boat half swamped with People to even let go of the rope.

My neighbor has a Hyperlite Shim, I can get on that board and toss the rope in back and ride for quite a ways before I eat it. I was even able to catch myself back up to the boat when I fell behind the sweet spot a couple of times. I cant do it on the CWB not even close.

Soo... the Bently is going in the trash, and I want a new board. However, I do want something reasonabley priced. I found some good deals, on hyperlite "Broadcasts, but am not sure how it will compare to the shim? Maybe I should just go buy a shim, but figured I would posts for other peoples thoughts?

Whatever I do, I don't want to buy another board that sucks.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-15-2016, 7:51 AM Reply   
Both the broadcast and shim will be good for learning. The shim is a bit of a upgrade, and will serve a little better in the long run. However, once you get the hang you will likely be looking towards a more specialized board. Happy to provide advice then.

Nick
Old     (flienlow)      Join Date: Dec 2015       08-15-2016, 9:11 AM Reply   
I just went and bought the shim. - Works for me.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-16-2016, 7:28 AM Reply   
Unfortunately, there's a pretty good chance your first surfboard isn't going to work. Too many variable in wave shape/size and rider preferences. sounds like the shim is a good starting point, sell the Bentley.
Old     (flienlow)      Join Date: Dec 2015       08-18-2016, 9:23 AM Reply   
The Bently is DONE! I am loving the shim now! -Get up, throw the rope, and the old man rides
Old     (ATB0713)      Join Date: Oct 2013 Location: Massachusetts       08-18-2016, 12:35 PM Reply   
just get a board that you think looks SICK, and shred the living crap out of it until it breaks, buy a new one and then shred the crap outta that!!! Ronix, CWB, Hyperlite, LF, Humanoid, Double UP, whatever! SHRED!