Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-15-2017, 2:48 PM Reply   
John

Why don't you explain why having a majority of those who could otherwise not afford insurance covered by insurance is any better of a solution economically and financially for this country than having them get care without insurance. Wow me with that brain .......peole seem to think coverage is indicative of care. Which is not the case . Plenty of people still get care (even those not insured under Obamacarecare ) .

Last edited by xstarrider; 03-15-2017 at 2:51 PM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-15-2017, 3:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
U mean your old wrinkled brain that is completely out of touch with reality ..........., I am assuming that was probably considered a pre-existing condition .

It's clear you're an ignorant, narrow minded individual . It's sucks so bad here healthcare wise why didn't you move to Canada ? Or Aussie land. Why do you even earn any money , you should just give it all away to cover and pay for everyone who can't pay for themselves. Still awaiting responses from that brain so you claim is so full of knowledgE
No one is more "out of touch with reality" than you, pal.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-15-2017, 4:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
John

Why don't you explain why having a majority of those who could otherwise not afford insurance covered by insurance is any better of a solution economically and financially for this country than having them get care without insurance. Wow me with that brain .......peole seem to think coverage is indicative of care. Which is not the case . Plenty of people still get care (even those not insured under Obamacarecare ) .
You get better care with HI vs poor. Hospitals are only required to stabilize your condition. They are not required to provide you with treatment for a condition other than to stabilize your condition. And they are only required to do that because getting medicare payments requires it.

So yes... people seem to think that coverage is indicative of care, because it is. Stabilization in the ER and possible hospital stay is "in theory" equal regardless of ability to pay.

But there is far more to this discussion than poor people getting free treatment. There are going to be many others who did their best to plan for the future and worked hard but for whatever circumstances, like illness, are without HI and can't afford it putting much of their net worth at risk vs getting some insanely priced treatment that would bankrupt them.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-15-2017, 10:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Because Canada doesn't assert itself as a world leader . They're happy just existing , plugging along.
What else can they do when their military consists of three Jeeps, a paper airplane and a rubber ducky? I kid... sort of...
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-15-2017, 10:21 PM Reply   
Well they have universal health care , spend more money on education than their military , allow all kinds of refugees and hate guns . Sounds like a liberal paradise. Why would any liberal not move their immediately?

Last edited by xstarrider; 03-15-2017 at 10:29 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-15-2017, 10:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
John

Absolutely adequate care without insuranceis a better system but trump is not offering that in "trump care", he is just taking away affordable subsidized insurance from those with preexisting conditions and the elderly.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-15-2017, 10:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Well they have universal health care , spend more money on education than their military , allow all kinds of refugees and hate guns . Sounds like a liberal paradise. Why would any liberal not move their immediately?
Because they love there own country and will fight to make it better
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-15-2017, 10:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Who do you think pays for all the illegals that go to a hospital for care ? Border security definitely directly effects health care costs . The amount of illegals in this country is definitely impactful with this regard.
Illegal immigrants equal 3% of US population and I would guess they are less likely they use health services than the general populous due to not wanting to be deported but even if they do use these services can you just change the system to either refuse service or capture and deport? It doesn't seem like a valid reason to not offer universal care imo.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-15-2017, 11:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Illegal immigrants equal 3% of US population and I would guess they are less likely they use health services than the general populous due to not wanting to be deported but even if they do use these services can you just change the system to either refuse service or capture and deport? It doesn't seem like a valid reason to not offer universal care imo.

Unfortunately it's not the case. They have Sanctuary cities . Walk in to any of the hospitals in these major urban population areas and see who is in these hospitals. The hospitals in these democratic run areas are forbidden to ask about resident status and there is no fear of deportation in these areas.

While your ideology in theory should be the reason they don't , it's simply not the case
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-15-2017, 11:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Because they love there own country and will fight to make it better
If they move their country that much and want to make it better, they should have left yesterday

Last edited by xstarrider; 03-15-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-15-2017, 11:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Unfortunately it's not the case. They have Sanctuary cities . Walk in to any of the hospitals in these major urban population areas and see who is in these hospitals. The hospitals in these democratic run areas are forbidden to ask about resident status and there is no fear of deportation in these areas.
IMO, that's wrong and should be changed
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-15-2017, 11:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
If they move their country that much and want to make it better, they should have left yesterday
It sounded retarded when privileged Hollywood actors said they would leave if Trump got elected, it equally sounds retarded when you suggest other Americans should leave if they disagree with the direction POTUS is taking the country.

Last edited by ralph; 03-15-2017 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Being retarded
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-16-2017, 6:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Maybe it's because they stay out of other countries affairs and choose not to engage in For-profit wars.
Ill give you a little hint. They don't because they don't have too.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-16-2017, 7:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
You mean like we have to pass it to see what is in it? Those types of logical arguments? What is insurance when people can not afford to use it. The "insurance" was a catistrophic at best to help hospitals socialize costs. Had nothing to do with the individual. At best it was a give away to businesses so they can not choose to cover employees but instead put them over to the exchanges. Except for major providers were starting to back out of the exchanges.

Then we can talk about people who still could not afford the health care and were getting fined yearly.

Artificially putting money into a sector has never made anything cheaper. EVER. Anytime you make a plan, you are going to have winners and losers. I guess how much do you want to the middle class to cover on their backs.
OK, you have complained about Obamacare, now how about defending Trumpcare, that was the question.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-16-2017, 9:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Ill give you a little hint. They don't because they don't have too.
Apparently you need a hint too. We don't have to either.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-16-2017, 9:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
OK, you have complained about Obamacare, now how about defending Trumpcare, that was the question.
These guys are living in La La Land. You see Delta using language that I was using years ago to support the ACA when it was being debated. I.E. the ACA doesn't solve the problem of inflation caused by artificially pushing money into the market. But my point was that HC was inflated out of reach of the poor by a govt tax give away and the recipients of that benefit now must pay the price. My point being now that we subverted the free market and created the winners and losers, the winners are going to have to pay more.

If you priced HC out of reach, then you've denied access to heathcare. There is no going back to a free market. The process of going back is as disastrous as the process of going to UHC. But the end result of UHC is going to be better. I.E. everyone gets HC.

Going back to a free market requires eliminating IRS programs that coerce people into buying insurance, which eliminates the much of the motive for employee provided socialized HI because there is no tax advantage. A bill should be passed that employers that eliminate HI programs pay their employees what was the employer contribution and let them decide for themselves if they want to buy insurance. Professional regulations should be significantly eliminated so that anyone can offer HC services. Prescription drugs need to be reviewed and the prescription requirement should be removed from drugs that aren't addictive and create a public hazard via use. Drugs that require prescriptions should be accessible through professionals that have lower qualifications and hence lower charges when deemed reasonable. With a bias towards lower qualifications and lower cost.

The moment you start injecting govt requirements in an area that is an essential right, you begin adopting a responsibility for those that are the losers and left out.

Or we could just catch up with the modern world and make sure everyone has HC.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-16-2017, 9:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
These guys are living in La La Land. You see Delta using language that I was using years ago to support the ACA when it was being debated. I.E. the ACA doesn't solve the problem of inflation caused by artificially pushing money into the market. But my point was that HC was inflated out of reach of the poor by a govt tax give away and the recipients of that benefit now must pay the price. My point being now that we subverted the free market and created the winners and losers, the winners are going to have to pay more.

If you priced HC out of reach, then you've denied access to heathcare. There is no going back to a free market. The process of going back is as disastrous as the process of going to UHC. But the end result of UHC is going to be better. I.E. everyone gets HC.

Going back to a free market requires eliminating IRS programs that coerce people into buying insurance, which eliminates the much of the motive for employee provided socialized HI because there is no tax advantage. A bill should be passed that employers that eliminate HI programs pay their employees what was the employer contribution and let them decide for themselves if they want to buy insurance. Professional regulations should be significantly eliminated so that anyone can offer HC services. Prescription drugs need to be reviewed and the prescription requirement should be removed from drugs that aren't addictive and create a public hazard via use. Drugs that require prescriptions should be accessible through professionals that have lower qualifications and hence lower charges when deemed reasonable. With a bias towards lower qualifications and lower cost.

The moment you start injecting govt requirements in an area that is an essential right, you begin adopting a responsibility for those that are the losers and left out.

One could hope that we could get the pols out of the zero sum we-win-they-lose/they-win-we-lose paradigm and do the right thing.

Unfortunately it doesn't always work that way. While I don't think Trump is right and Obama really did secretly build the plan to self destruct, the possibility that (a) many voters would get used to subsidized HC, and (b) that the original Obamacare iteration was/is not sustainable may be true.

So now we are faced with how to get HC services to the people who need it for less money. Hard to see how UHC is a bad option to solve those issues.

BUT! What John is suggesting can't be done by the feds alone -- it will take lots of reform at the state level too. I'm thinking just of licensing of med professionals, but I'm sure that there are many many more pieces in the puzzle that are entirely within the states' purview.
Old    deltahoosier            03-16-2017, 11:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
How good is the county hospital? Why would you need health insurance if it is adequate? FYI in NZ the public hospitals are pretty good, only 30% of people have health insurance because it is seen as a luxury rather than necessity. We can achieve this with a reasonable tax rate. We don't spend a lot on military and walls etc... personally I am happy to pay tax to fund public Healthcare and education.
Also, My wife had two surgeries at the county hospital when she was younger.
Old    deltahoosier            03-16-2017, 11:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
True, we have a natural advantage in this regard but you assume that your current boarder control significantly affects Healthcare costs.

True, because we prioritize spending on education rather than military. This subsidies the doctors education and supports them in providing this expertise.

True because we have ACC legislation which provides blanket govt provided cover for such incidents

We have that too

Our system is good enough that 70% of people run without insurance, I think that speaks for itself

I'm not point these things out in a ha ha we have it sorted sort of way, just that there is alternatives to what you guys do and it works in other places.
We have unmitigated boarder access. That means we would have zero way to control costs of programs if everyone is on board. The county hospitals carry a lot of that burden and they are swamped and unservicable in some locations.

You mistake federal money for state money on education. We spend plenty on education. It is mostly a social issue with families is why so many people are ignorant and uneducated.

Subsidizing doctors would have to be the next step because you can not have the cost of education being so high that they can not recoup education costs. That puts more burden on the middle class. We could cut military spending for others. Maybe you would have to step up with your budget for protection.
Old    deltahoosier            03-16-2017, 11:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Yes or no. Did prices stay down before Obamacare?
No. And they did not stay down during Obamacare. They continued to rise. They continued to rise to match the mandates for care.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-16-2017, 11:36 AM Reply   
If you're gonna obsess about it, at least spell it correctly. BORDER.
Old    deltahoosier            03-16-2017, 11:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Same here. Republicans seem bound and determined to give me more money no matter how many people get screwed.
Then write a check.
Old    deltahoosier            03-16-2017, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Absolutely adequate care without insuranceis a better system but trump is not offering that in "trump care", he is just taking away affordable subsidized insurance from those with preexisting conditions and the elderly.
Wrong. Trump wants that mandate left in. Trump is not writing the law. It is being done in congress. At least they are having healthy debate instead of having some yahoo show up with a massive bill and the democrats demand we vote it in so we can see what is in it.
Old    deltahoosier            03-16-2017, 11:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Wrong again. Many hospitals have shut down do to this problem. The medical people only care if there is a gun in your home and not your immigration status.
Old    deltahoosier            03-16-2017, 11:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post

Dude, I was using that language before you even started. Go check the record on that. I have since day one preached that throwing money into a closed system only makes cost go up. only way to make something less expensive is to make it less rare.

Problem is right now, there is healthcare and people are not using it. Why? Because they want the same type of healthcare that the producers have. That will never happen. Even in Germany, they can buy private insurance. Guess where the market will move? You can not make doctors work for free (at least not for Long).

Last edited by deltahoosier; 03-16-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Old    deltahoosier            03-16-2017, 11:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
If you're gonna obsess about it, at least spell it correctly. BORDER.
NO. I don't want to.
Old    deltahoosier            03-16-2017, 11:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
One could hope that we could get the pols out of the zero sum we-win-they-lose/they-win-we-lose paradigm and do the right thing.

Unfortunately it doesn't always work that way. While I don't think Trump is right and Obama really did secretly build the plan to self destruct, the possibility that (a) many voters would get used to subsidized HC, and (b) that the original Obamacare iteration was/is not sustainable may be true.

So now we are faced with how to get HC services to the people who need it for less money. Hard to see how UHC is a bad option to solve those issues.

BUT! What John is suggesting can't be done by the feds alone -- it will take lots of reform at the state level too. I'm thinking just of licensing of med professionals, but I'm sure that there are many many more pieces in the puzzle that are entirely within the states' purview.
That is the free market way to fix it. You would have to start having a position where nurses may be able to prescribe some medicines instead of having doctors do it. You would also need to relax liability. Thing people don't realize is, even a simple thing like not monitoring anitbacterial medication can lead to pandemics.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-16-2017, 12:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
We could cut military spending for others. Maybe you would have to step up with your budget for protection.
"Step up"? That's pretty ignorant. NZ punches above is weight in world wide social responsibility. The US govt doesn't require a bigger investment from us than we already offer. Our casualty rate in WW2 was more than double than the US despite being a long way from Europe. We just refrain from invading countries left and right.
Old    deltahoosier            03-16-2017, 1:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
"Step up"? That's pretty ignorant. NZ punches above is weight in world wide social responsibility. The US govt doesn't require a bigger investment from us than we already offer. Our casualty rate in WW2 was more than double than the US despite being a long way from Europe. We just refrain from invading countries left and right.
Your stance on invasion and fighting may change if your ability to live is impacted for instance by your sea lanes not being clear or some other event. Not saying your guys are not good fighters or brave, I think history says you are, however it is easy to say America cut your budget on something when it is clear there are actors in the world that would enslave you in a heart beat if they could.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-16-2017, 3:26 PM Reply   
Christians who support Trump after he cuts Meals on Wheels will still get into heaven but only so God can personally kick their a$$
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-16-2017, 3:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Your stance on invasion and fighting may change if your ability to live is impacted for instance by your sea lanes not being clear or some other event. Not saying your guys are not good fighters or brave, I think history says you are, however it is easy to say America cut your budget on something when it is clear there are actors in the world that would enslave you in a heart beat if they could.
The US spends more than twice as much on the military as the second most spendy country and 26 times the most spendy middle eastern or african country (UAE) but we need to spend more to keep the sea lanes open, which are largely affected by Somalian pirates that are funded by selling their mothers car to buy a boat.
How much money is enough? It just feels like a guy trying to tell everyone how big his dick is now.

NZ is absolutely right we'd be able to afford to fix our schools and infrastructure if we would just stop trying to mess with other countries. The number of countries that we have sent troops in an effort to change their government is way too much to list here so check out this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United..._regime_change

And now the GOP wants to increase military spending and cut unnecessary things like meal on wheels or the EPA. How can any GOPer call himself Christian when they don't give a crap about anyone but themselves?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-16-2017, 5:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Christians who support Trump after he cuts Meals on Wheels will still get into heaven but only so God can personally kick their a$$
I guess you missed the verse in the bible that says Jesus was a republican.
Old    deltahoosier            03-16-2017, 5:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Really? And I suppose you support abortion?
Old    deltahoosier            03-16-2017, 5:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
The US spends more than twice as much on the military as the second most spendy country and 26 times the most spendy middle eastern or african country (UAE) but we need to spend more to keep the sea lanes open, which are largely affected by Somalian pirates that are funded by selling their mothers car to buy a boat.
How much money is enough? It just feels like a guy trying to tell everyone how big his dick is now.

NZ is absolutely right we'd be able to afford to fix our schools and infrastructure if we would just stop trying to mess with other countries. The number of countries that we have sent troops in an effort to change their government is way too much to list here so check out this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United..._regime_change

And now the GOP wants to increase military spending and cut unnecessary things like meal on wheels or the EPA. How can any GOPer call himself Christian when they don't give a crap about anyone but themselves?
You obviously have not seen what happens in history when you let your pimp hand down. How many millions of deaths because one side thought they could get over on another. I don't like the idea of being a policeman either. However, Americans don't like trench warfare so we need to evolve. We face countries with many times our population (and we have physically fought them in two wars). We can not afford a military where we fight man for man equally.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-16-2017, 6:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Really? And I suppose you support abortion?
Show me the bible passage about abortion. Ill show you plenty about taking care of the poor.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-16-2017, 6:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
You obviously have not seen what happens in history when you let your pimp hand down. How many millions of deaths because one side thought they could get over on another. I don't like the idea of being a policeman either. However, Americans don't like trench warfare so we need to evolve. We face countries with many times our population (and we have physically fought them in two wars). We can not afford a military where we fight man for man equally.
We can easilly get by spending 50% more than anyone else which would mean we would cut military spending by enough to pay for health insurance for everyone plus reduce the debt.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-16-2017, 8:11 PM Reply   
Best part of the "new" travel ban is all the crybaby snowflake Trump supporters "boycotting" Hawaii.

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-16-2017, 8:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
We can easilly get by spending 50% more than anyone else which would mean we would cut military spending by enough to pay for health insurance for everyone plus reduce the debt.
Yes, this is my opinion too. I'm not suggesting singing kumbaya is better than having a functional military but currently the balance is out of wack and the constituents could well use the money elsewhere. Especially when trump himself says we are going to stop being the world police but then proposes increases military spend by $54b while simultaneously suggesting that he is going to get more bang for his buck because he is such a tremendous negotiator.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-16-2017, 8:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
I honestly think the meals on wheels funding cut is collateral damage, nobody sees meals on wheels and thinks oh yeah let's get rid of that, it is just an example of incompetent policy. Much like Trumpcare massively disadvantaging an aging population, many who voted for him. It's just poorly worked legislation.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-16-2017, 9:14 PM Reply   
NPR, the arts, who needs 'em. Ridiculous.

Gotta give credit where credit is due though, Trump was right about all the rapists flooding in from Mexico. He just didn't realize they were frat boys returning from spring break.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-17-2017, 1:51 AM Reply   
The priorities are so beyond disgusting.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...facebook_nymag
Attached Images

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-17-2017, 7:27 AM Reply   
Man Shes hot.

I have delivered meals on wheels for over 11 years. While there is abuse in that system(some of the houses Ive been in make you want to puke) there are people who need it. I have met some really neat elderly people through the years. Cutting it out completely sucks.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-17-2017, 8:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Man Shes hot.
I disagree with this statement more than anything I've seen on this thread!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-17-2017, 8:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
I have delivered meals on wheels for over 11 years. While there is abuse in that system(some of the houses Ive been in make you want to puke) there are people who need it. I have met some really neat elderly people through the years. Cutting it out completely sucks.
That is really nice & I applaud your service to the community. I did it for a couple of years & it was a rewarding experience. It was all at a subsidized senior housing high rise, so I did not have any experience with different homes. Like you, I met some really neat individuals and have some great memories from it. It's amazing what a smile, quick chat and a warm meal can do for someone who is homebound.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-17-2017, 8:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
I disagree with this statement more than anything I've seen on this thread!
You don't have to lie to make friends.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-17-2017, 11:05 AM Reply   
Why is Trump asking Congress for $4.5 BILLION for the border wall if Mexico's going to pay for it?
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-17-2017, 11:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
You don't have to lie to make friends.
OK, neck down she's hot. Neck up, ick.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-17-2017, 11:40 AM Reply   
The lies and BS just keep coming. Now the Brits are tapping his phones! Pathetic excuse for a president. Does he want out or is he still trying to smokescreen?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-17-2017, 12:07 PM Reply   
Meals on Wheels actually saves money avoiding malnutrition and other issues for the elderly and immobile. Anyone who supports this President's budget is a sick, sick individual.
Attached Images

Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-17-2017, 12:52 PM Reply   
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7635911.html

What a douchbag. His body language is screaming I don't want to sit with you.
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       03-17-2017, 2:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
OK, neck down she's hot. Neck up, ick.
She's a true butterface, not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-17-2017, 9:39 PM Reply   
Just watched the meeting of trump and Merkel. Ha ha wow, you guys must be so proud he represents you so well.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-18-2017, 12:28 AM Reply   
Less than two months in office and his Mar Lago trips have already cost more than 6 years worth of meals on wheels.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-18-2017, 10:27 AM Reply   
Remember when the President said he wasn't going to take a salary? He just accepted his second paycheck.
Remember when he said Mexico was going to pay for the wall? He has asked Congress to appropriate the $25 billion of taxpayer money to cover costs.
Remember when he said he wasn't going to go on vacation or play golf like Obama? 5 of the last 7 weekends he went on vacation and played golf, costing taxpayers $11.1 million each time.
Remember when he said he was going to use American steel to build these dangerous pipelines? Russian steel arrived last week for the Keystone Pipeline XL.
Remember when he said he wasn't going to cut social security and Medicare? The Republican bill does just this.
Remember when he said that nobody on his campaign had any communications with the Russian government? 7 of his people have now admitted they spoke and/or met with Russian officials, after they lied and got caught.
Remember when he said he was going to divest from his businesses? Changed his mind.
Remember when he said he was going to release his tax returns? Changed his mind.
Remember when he said he was going to drain the swamp of Washington insiders? His cabinet is filled with lobbyists, billionaires, as well as Big Oil and Wall Street executives, many from Goldman-Sachs. Yes, THAT Goldman-Sachs.
Remember when he said would defeat ISIS in 30 days? He doesn't have a plan.
Remember when he said that the Obamacare replacement would cover more people at lower cost? The AHCA that the GOP and 45 are now pushing; they now admit will cover fewer people at a higher cost, after being called out by the CBO and the OMB.
If you voted for him, please hold him accountable to what he promised you
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-18-2017, 11:23 AM Reply   
7th consecutive weekend at Mar a Lago. LEss than two months in and any more millions spent on vacations than the Obamas spent in a year. This doesn't even include the enormous taxpayer cost for Melania to live in NY. Bunch of leeches.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-18-2017, 4:24 PM Reply   
Ya. Hypocrite.
Attached Images

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-18-2017, 10:28 PM Reply   
Merkel had a productive visit.
Attached Images

Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-19-2017, 6:36 AM Reply   
And again, the trumpers seem very quiet...
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-19-2017, 11:41 AM Reply   
Many Trump voters are busy dealing with the fact that they might be dead soon thanks to their vote.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58...0ec9d29dc8348?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-19-2017, 12:50 PM Reply   
Hmmm, maybe it's best to avoid posting articles from Huff post unless you want a flood of brietbart or infowars "news"
Old    deltahoosier            03-21-2017, 11:23 AM Reply   
hahahahah........ Still your president.....
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-21-2017, 11:53 AM Reply   
If he was mine, he'd have to do what I say.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-21-2017, 12:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
If he doesn't pass the republican health care bill in the house, his approval rating will go below the 37% approval rating (fake polls) which is already an all time low for any president! How can it pass? It hurts the very people that voted Trump in!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-21-2017, 5:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hahahaha, jokes on you, just your president, not mine. Not for long tho I suspect.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-22-2017, 6:39 AM Reply   
Pence 2017.5!!!!! lol
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-22-2017, 9:04 AM Reply   
He's the President of the US. Claiming that "he (is/is not) your President" is simply expressing a sentiment of whether you support him or not. Apparently there are a lot of Trump supporters who not surprising can't understand that concept.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-22-2017, 9:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
You never answered my question about a Bible verse about abortion I will provide you with a Bible verse about helping the poor.

You brought it up.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-22-2017, 1:24 PM Reply   
Just like Trump and the hope for America again. So many good Americans out there. God Bless you all.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-22-2017, 1:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
You never answered my question about a Bible verse about abortion I will provide you with a Bible verse about helping the poor.

You brought it up.
Wow I think the bible and the U.S. constitution supports life. If you refuse to recognize it then you are an example of the number one thing that is wrong today.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-22-2017, 2:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
Wow I think the bible and the U.S. constitution supports life. If you refuse to recognize it then you are an example of the number one thing that is wrong today.
as a strict constructionist, maybe you can point us to the constitutional provision that "supports life?"

(AFAIK nobody has ever argued that right-to-life is supported by the constitution. Rather, the argument has been that it's a states' rights issue. You'd have to get some real activist judges on SCOTUS to adopt your approach)

I can point you to a constitutional provision that says that ain't no matter what the bible says.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-22-2017, 3:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
Even if that is true, the definition of when life starts from a legal point of view is the crux of the abortion issue. IMO, the number one thing that is wrong today is the unwillingness to discuss things critically and the assumption people on the other side of the argument are stupid or evil.
Old    deltahoosier            03-22-2017, 4:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
as a strict constructionist, maybe you can point us to the constitutional provision that "supports life?"

(AFAIK nobody has ever argued that right-to-life is supported by the constitution. Rather, the argument has been that it's a states' rights issue. You'd have to get some real activist judges on SCOTUS to adopt your approach)

I can point you to a constitutional provision that says that ain't no matter what the bible says.
"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" is a well-known phrase in the United States Declaration of Independence. The phrase gives three examples of the "unalienable rights" which the Declaration says have been given to all human beings by their Creator, and which governments are created to protect.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-22-2017, 4:38 PM Reply   
Setting your skewed interpretation of that phrase aside for a moment, since when does the Declaration = the Constitution?
Old    deltahoosier            03-22-2017, 4:46 PM Reply   
Quote:

You brought it up.
Not sure where, however I will work with your tolling "Trump supporters are awefully quiet" and so on. Also, you are too lazy to even look it up.

24 Pro-Life Bible Verses
http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow....-bible-verses/

What the Bible Says About the Beginning of Life
http://www.focusonthefamily.com/life...inning-of-life

Bible Verses Proving That Life Begins Before Birth
http://www.abortionfacts.com/bible-v...s-before-birth

Yes the bible speaks about the poor, however my context is lazy people (that is what I brought up, not poor people).

https://www.openbible.info/topics/lazy_people
http://biblereasons.com/not-working/
Old    deltahoosier            03-22-2017, 4:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Setting your skewed interpretation of that phrase aside for a moment, since when does the Declaration = the Constitution?
Considering we have a national holiday to recognize it is one thing. It actually is the most influence over other democracies in the world. It contains the God given rights that the constitution is structured around. The laws flow from that document do they not?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-22-2017, 6:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" is a well-known phrase in the United States Declaration of Independence. The phrase gives three examples of the "unalienable rights" which the Declaration says have been given to all human beings by their Creator, and which governments are created to protect.
What part of the Constitution is the Declaration of Independence again?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-22-2017, 8:05 PM Reply   
Interesting decision by the supreme court today to publish their unanimous 8-0 decision overturning one of Gorsuch's most important decisions. They could have easily waited a week to release - curious why they decided to bring it out right in the middle of his confirmation hearing. When not even Clarence Thomas or Sam Alito agree with you... yikes. I imagine he'll still get confirmed but not the warmest of welcomes.

Meanwhile on the Russia front Senator McCain finally says what we all know... "It's a bizarre situation, and what I think, the reason why I'm calling for this select committee or a special committee, is I think that this back-and-forth and what the American people have found out so far that no longer does the Congress have credibility to handle this alone"
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-22-2017, 9:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Not sure where, however I will work with your tolling "Trump supporters are awefully quiet" and so on. Also, you are too lazy to even look it up.

24 Pro-Life Bible Verses
http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow....-bible-verses/

What the Bible Says About the Beginning of Life
http://www.focusonthefamily.com/life...inning-of-life

Bible Verses Proving That Life Begins Before Birth
http://www.abortionfacts.com/bible-v...s-before-birth

Yes the bible speaks about the poor, however my context is lazy people (that is what I brought up, not poor people).

https://www.openbible.info/topics/lazy_people
http://biblereasons.com/not-working/
I know you are just responding to a (irrelevant IMO) question but the bible is a pretty poorly written handbook in regard to moral code of behavior. It is so ambiguously written it has been used to justify sexism, racism, slavery, infanticide, genocide, child sacrifice etc etc. I think the reality is we have come a long way in the last two thousand years, time to start thinking for ourselves.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-23-2017, 1:28 AM Reply   
Smoke starting to billow out of the Trump campaign:
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/22/po...ans/index.html
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-23-2017, 12:52 PM Reply   
Kinda sadistically fun to watch the GOP implode on themselves over ACA repeal.