Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-26-2014, 12:57 PM Reply   
Well.... After three and a half quarters of Sherman getting owned and Carolina dominating, the hawks squeak out a W. congrats.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-26-2014, 1:16 PM Reply   
W...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-26-2014, 6:10 PM Reply   
The Cardinals are still the class of the NFC West.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-26-2014, 10:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
The Cardinals are still the class of the NFC West.
True.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-27-2014, 6:15 AM Reply   
Looks like a tie on the picks this week. I should have picked 3 more home teams to win. LOL
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-27-2014, 6:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by masongardner View Post
The hell is it. They usually start off their season worse than this. They need some injured players back for sure
True! I'm a Broncos fan, so obviously not a Chargers fan, but somehow Rivers always pulls it together the second half of the season to make them a contender or at least good enough to take other teams out of contention.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-27-2014, 7:13 AM Reply   
Cards earned that one. Couldn't believe the Eagles decided to settle for a field goal when they were knocking on the door. Cost them the game in my opinion.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-27-2014, 7:27 AM Reply   
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...marshawn-lynch

I wonder what the die-hard Hawk fans will say about Lynch next season. I am envisioning more comments like we saw when Harvin was traded.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-27-2014, 8:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post

I wonder what the die-hard Hawk fans will say about Lynch next season. I am envisioning more comments like we saw when Harvin was traded.
agreed! I've always said he was a criminal dating back to his buffalo days, and people bashed me for it. I think there may be a different tune sung about him this offseason from the Hawks fans.
He is a beast of a player though. Ill give him that.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-27-2014, 8:55 AM Reply   
Rams beat Hawks, Chiefs beat Rams = Chiefs > Hawks
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-27-2014, 9:04 AM Reply   
I'll never speak Ill of Marshawn. He's been a great player for us and as far as I'm concerned one of the most influential Hawks players of all time. He's very much beloved here so I don't see the fans lashing out against him if he does wind up getting released. He is a Seahawk through and through and as much as we wanted PH to be one and to workout here he just didn't. Yes PH was here for over a year but he barely played and outside his performance in the SB he didn't get much of a chance to endear himself to the fans the way Lynch has over the years. If Lynch goes the fans won't be down on him they'll be much more likely to be pissed at the organization.

The W yesterday was a good one and much needed. It was a tough game, across country against a tough team. 4-3 isn't where we thought we would be at this point but it seems eons away from 3-4. I hope this helps get the swagger back in Seattle. The tenacity and hunger definitely don't seem to be there as much as it was the two years leading up to winning the SB.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-27-2014, 9:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
Rams beat Hawks, Chiefs beat Rams = Chiefs > Hawks
I think your math is flawed but we'll find out soon enough
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-27-2014, 9:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwndr View Post
My Thoughts and Prayers to the Families, Victims and community of the Marysville-Pillschuck high school. Very senseless act by disturbed young man.
A neighboring high school which had a conference title game with them last night forfeited the game and gave MPHS the title! Very well played and it really Puts everything into perspective.....
Thank you. This is the High School I went to and all of the youth involved are from my tribe, my daughter was just at a group event with them a week ago.Its shattered our tribal community and the surrounding town of Marysville. Pray for the 3 still fighting for their lives (another victim was pronounced dead last night). My poor mother is one of the heads of youth services for our tribe so she's had to be at our youth center non stop, with all the emotions surrounding this she's just crushed. It's really just tough right now.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-27-2014, 10:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
I think your math is flawed but we'll find out soon enough
There's a flaw somewhere. Because Broncos > Chiefs, Broncos > Chargers, Chargers > Seahawks but Broncos < Seahwaks.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-27-2014, 10:35 AM Reply   
Great W yesterday! That is Seahawk football. D holds Newton in check, RW gets it done at the end. Very similar to last year. That game could have been more of a blowout win for the Hawks but I'll take it.
As for Lynch not being on the team or the team is unhappy with him, until someone from the Seahawks says this I think it's purely rumor. If or when Lynch moves on from the Hawks he will be praised by the fans, no way the Seahawks make it to the playoffs let alone the SB without Lynch.

Eagles gave away that game yesterday. Cards are a paper tiger. Just like the Eagles.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-27-2014, 1:21 PM Reply   
Well one paper tiger is dominating the NFC West and the other has the #1 offense in the league.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-27-2014, 3:23 PM Reply   
Wow... been away from this site for a few weeks. Meanwhile, looks like almost nothing here has changed. That's good to see.

Seahawks are definitely working with their feet in the fire this year. Meanwhile the Cards look pretty good. But, so did the Chefs last year (remember when they went 9-0?) ... and who won the SB again?

The Hawks will have plenty of opportunities to put themselves right back in everything playing division games later in the season. They've been worked over with injuries (so have a lot of teams though) but they'll be getting some guys back soon. I was shocked by the Percy news, but if he was really refusing to play in key moments... then good riddance.

As for the comments about them "squeaking out a W" in Carolina... that win was no different than a bunch of games from last season. Two years ago the whole world said the Seahawks could NOT win road games. Ever. Especially at 10am. In fact, it was similar to the losses this year. They keep games close and win in the 4th quarter. That's how they play. This year, they haven't been getting it done. But they will. I think they can honestly still win 11 games. If they do, that's almost certainly gonna be enough to take the division, considering how many division games they have left.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-27-2014, 5:19 PM Reply   
I'm still going to stick with my 12 pick from earlier in the year. Which is certainly asking a lot. Assuming we get to 6-3 (which we no doubt should) we have 7 tough games 6 of which are divisional opponents. And the other two are the Chiefs and Eagles on the road.
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       10-27-2014, 8:47 PM Reply   
Throw everything out the window when the Skins and Cowboys play. I will take the win. Almost makes the season as a Skins can.
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       10-27-2014, 8:48 PM Reply   
Fan
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-27-2014, 8:51 PM Reply   
Great win for the skins. Romo came back just in time to blow it. They should have left the back up in or kept slamming the ball with Murray.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-27-2014, 8:52 PM Reply   
Congratulations to the Skins. They blitzed the Cowboys and their corners held up. Why didn't Dallas run the ball more after a 8 yard gain on first down. Dallas got here by running the ball. When it counts in OT they throw against the blitz look 3 downs.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-27-2014, 8:55 PM Reply   
Romo has only blown it twice this year. He has to blow it at least one more time to catch "CHOKE" Wilson.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-27-2014, 8:55 PM Reply   
Hahahahahahahha!

Turn out the lights, the party's over...

Ruled on Monday Night Football at home by the Skins!

Somebody mentioned Romo's frailty a couple weeks ago... Wonder who that was???

Remember this game Cowboy fan boys... It's the turning point in your season.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-27-2014, 9:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post

Jeremy,

I don't think I've heard you mention your team this year... You do have a team you root for right? Oh wait... never mind... They're not really a team.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-27-2014, 9:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Romo has only blown it twice this year. He has to blow it at least one more time to catch "CHOKE" Wilson.
Hahahahaha! Nice.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-27-2014, 9:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Hahahahahahahha!

Turn out the lights, the party's over...

Ruled on Monday Night Football at home by the Skins!

Somebody mentioned Romo's frailty a couple weeks ago... Wonder who that was???

Remember this game Cowboy fan boys... It's the turning point in your season.
Remember you have to play the 49ers twice,as well as the Cardinals twice before the Hawks get knocked out of the playoffs. Don't come looking to us for sympathy.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-27-2014, 9:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Hahahahaha! Nice.
You guys are going to have to do better than that. Both your teams got punched in the gut and the Hawks won...

You will be sucking on that sour nut sack all this week.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-27-2014, 9:22 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=83Starsnstripes;1896410] That game could have been more of a blowout win for the Hawks but I'll take it.

Blowout??? Haha! Thats rich. You're a funny guy. You mean it could have been a blowout for the Panthers? The hawks were playing catch up and struggled for most of the game. Again, congrats on the comeback W.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-27-2014, 9:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
You guys are going to have to do better than that. Both your teams got punched in the gut and the Hawks won...

You will be sucking on that sour nut sack all this week.
Lol! True. Hey! I represent that comment! (not the last sentence) (what's up with that?) Gross. Is hate your mentor now?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-28-2014, 6:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Is hate your mentor now?
Blow me
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-28-2014, 7:55 AM Reply   
Offsides!!!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-28-2014, 8:42 AM Reply   
cowboys got worked. ugh. Ill give Romo credit for getting back into the game though. Arizona next week is gonna be a tough one. Need to win games like last nights. cant lose to crap, when youve got good teams on the horizon.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-28-2014, 8:51 AM Reply   
Fake account

Last edited by deuce; 10-28-2014 at 8:54 AM.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-28-2014, 9:42 AM Reply   
And so it begins...the demise of the Cowboys. Right on schedule.
When will the Cowboys learn?!?! Run. The. Ball. Romo. Is. Terrible.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-28-2014, 11:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
And so it begins...the demise of the Cowboys. Right on schedule.
When will the Cowboys learn?!?! Run. The. Ball. Romo. Is. Terrible.
Run the ball?? are you kidding me? Murray has set the NFL record for most consecutive 100 yard games to start the season! your telling me they need to run the ball??

Teams get beat. it happens. Ive been down on Romo for the last couple of years, but this year game 1 aside, hes been pretty darn good. its amazing what a QB can do when hes got a good RB, and a good O-line.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-28-2014, 12:36 PM Reply   
not kidding. they went away from running Murray during crunch time and gave the ball to Romo.
The last series is a perfect example of bad coaching.
After an 8 yard RUN by Murray:
2nd & 2 - Romo passes for -1 yard.
3rd & 3 - Romo incomplete
4th & 3 - Romo incomplete
They needed 2 yards in OT on 2nd down and what did they do? THROW?!?!?!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-28-2014, 12:50 PM Reply   
What will you say if the Raiders beat Seattle?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-28-2014, 1:36 PM Reply   
I agree they shoulda run the ball again on 2nd down, but after that, they really had no choice to throw. Romo had been pretty good throwing the ball.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-28-2014, 2:06 PM Reply   
^^I'd still run it. Murray had a season low 19 carries in that game, yet averaging 7 yards per carry. DC couldn't stop him. Until they stop him, keep running the ball!!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-28-2014, 2:22 PM Reply   
Ah... Tuesday morning QB's.....
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-28-2014, 3:31 PM Reply   
More like coaches. I too was blown away they didn't run seeing as they hadn't stopped Murray all game. I'm not disappointed though, it was fun to watch Romo blow it even if it was predictable. Its doubtful that the Cowgirls can or will pull out of this. Watch for the Dez Bryant implosion, its coming.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-28-2014, 6:16 PM Reply   
Jerry is going to let let Romo play with a jacked up back thus cementing a loss against Az. Not only will they lose but Tony will further injure himself insuring the path to another year missing the playoffs.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-28-2014, 7:07 PM Reply   
^^^ agreed but Rormo's health or lack thereof will only impact the level at which they lose. An Az win is not even in question but, seeing as you are a Seattle fan, I can understand where your train of thought originates since the chickens LOST to the cowboys.. Hey wait. That's ancient history right? The chicken fans have no regard for history. That is, unless it suits their current needs to brag.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-28-2014, 7:10 PM Reply   
Inflamitory? Nah... I love Seattle. From August to September that is.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-29-2014, 7:20 AM Reply   
I hold no ill will towards Dallas this week. Why would want Az to beat Dallas??? How does that benefit my Hawks???

I'm just stating the glaringly obvious as it pertains to Jerry's decisions. Romo is going to further injure himself sometime in the near future almost insuring the end of their run for the playoffs this year. The writing is pretty much on the wall.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-29-2014, 10:22 AM Reply   
I can't stand Dallas! They're right up there with the Niners for me but I will most certainly be rooting for them to pull it out this weekend!!! GO DALLAS...gawd I think I just threw up a little bit.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-29-2014, 3:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Inflamitory? Nah... I love Seattle. From August to September that is.
Hey thats F'd up. We're good from the 4th of July thru September on the west side. Get it right okay...
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-29-2014, 3:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Jerry is going to let let Romo play with a jacked up back thus cementing a loss against Az. Not only will they lose but Tony will further injure himself insuring the path to another year missing the playoffs.
Agreed, JJ will ensure that. Even if they make the play off's Romo has a history of blowing it in the big games.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-29-2014, 3:52 PM Reply   
Week 9 picks
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-29-2014, 5:02 PM Reply   
Week 9 picks

Thursday @8:25

NO @ CAR - Panthers at home.

Sunday @ 1:00

TB @ CLE - Browns at home.
ARI @ DAL - COWBOYS at home. Romo will play and do fine.He's easily three times the man Russell "choke" Wilson will ever be.
PHI @ HOU - Arian Foster will run all over Philly and the Texans will win at home.
NYJ @ KC - Chiefs at home.
JAX @ CIN - BENGALS at home.
SD @ MIA - Chargers on the road.
WAS @ MIN - Vikings at home.

Sunday @ 4:05 pm

STL @ SF - 49ers at home.

Sunday @ 4:25 pm

DEN @ NE - Broncos on the road.Ware and Miller ruin Brady's day.
OAK @ SEA - Seahawks squeak one out at the end.

Sunday @ 8:30 pm
BAL @ PIT - Ravens at home.

Monday @8:30 pm

IND @ NYG - Colts on the road. Poor Eli......
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-29-2014, 5:39 PM Reply   
The Real Week 9 picks

Thursday @8:25

NO @ CAR - Saints

Sunday @ 1:00

TB @ CLE - Browns in a close one that no one will watch.
ARI @ DAL - Cowboys in an ugly game of two paper tigers.
PHI @ HOU - Philly wins like they should have last week.
NYJ @ KC - Chiefs run all over the Jets. Percy who?
JAX @ CIN - Bengals get a bye and a win.
SD @ MIA - Chargers drop another one. Fins for the wins!!
WAS @ MIN - DC keeps winning and makes the NFC East interesting. RG3 is back!!

Sunday @ 4:05 pm

STL @ SF - Santa Clara wins!!

Sunday @ 4:25 pm

DEN @ NE - Brady & Gronk put on a show! Pats.
OAK @ SEA - HAWKS! In a real nail biter. Just kidding, blowout city.

Sunday @ 8:30 pm
BAL @ PIT - Big Ben keeps throwing TDs. Steelers.

Monday @8:30 pm

IND @ NYG - Colts win big. G-Men are already too worried about next week.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-29-2014, 6:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
Hey thats F'd up. We're good from the 4th of July thru September on the west side. Get it right okay...
Lol. I've watched fireworks in the rain plenty of times and that was in the Silverdale/Poulsbo is that west enough?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-29-2014, 9:04 PM Reply   
5th of July through...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-29-2014, 9:39 PM Reply   
Okay 5th is good. ;-)
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-30-2014, 6:53 AM Reply   
Tukuafu blocking for Marshawn... This is going to be fun to watch!

http://www.seahawks.com/news/article...0-b92613a48ca3
Old     (masongardner)      Join Date: Jan 2014       10-30-2014, 8:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'm a Cowboys fan. So l'm happy! I just thought the Chargers would win at home. Nobody gets all their picks right.
It's true. If somebody could get em all right we could hit up the betting.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-31-2014, 9:21 AM Reply   
Cards @ Cowboys - Cards Hope Dallas leaves Romo on the bench but guessing they won't.

Rams @ Niners - Rams One of those weird funny feeling about this one

Raiders @ Hawks - Hawks Excited to see Marshawn behind a monster fullback this week.

Last edited by seattle; 10-31-2014 at 9:23 AM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-01-2014, 11:57 AM Reply   
Cliff.... Rams beating the Niners at home after a bye week? Please... Oh I get it. Since the chickens can't beat them, the Niners can't either now. Right? LOL Enjoy your game tomorrow. It'll be super exciting beating the 0-7 Raiders, I'm sure... I wouldn't be surprised if CBS drops that game in the second quarter and goes to another game unless Seattle uses it as an opportunity to experiment with some new stuff without much risk.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-02-2014, 3:54 PM Reply   
^^^ I may be eating those words about the Niners beating the Rams...... Hope not. I
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-02-2014, 4:16 PM Reply   
Oh man... That hurt. Of course I think Kap broke the plane and it was a TD. Too bad.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-02-2014, 4:49 PM Reply   
How's that foot taste Mark?

Looks like 100% on my pics this week.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-02-2014, 5:25 PM Reply   
Not good. Yuck. Congrats on your pics. The Raiders were within a TD too..... C'mon pendulum! Swing!!! The Niners need some starters back pronto.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-02-2014, 6:01 PM Reply   
Tell me about it. We have nine starters out... nine! Looked like a pre season game there were so many backups out there.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       11-02-2014, 6:11 PM Reply   
Hahaha, that Seahawks loss to the Rams in St. Louis isn’t so funny now, is it 49er fans?

Too bad the Cowpies couldn't win without their broke back cowboy....
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-02-2014, 6:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
Hahaha, that Seahawks loss to the Rams in St. Louis isn’t so funny now, is it 49er fans?

Too bad the Cowpies couldn't win without their broke back cowboy....
Oh it's still funny. Well... We did beat them 31-17 three weeks ago and I honestly think Krap was past the plane before the fumble. Tough loss. Broke back cowboy? LOL!

Last edited by markj; 11-02-2014 at 6:33 PM.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-02-2014, 7:08 PM Reply   
The 49ers deserve their 4-4 record.

Their defense should feel good about themselves. They have been banged up and without great players while maintaining decent play.

Their offense is a joke. The Oline can't block, the OC can't react and KAP is making mistakes. 14 sacks in the last 2 games. The OL is handing out express lane passes to the defensive. The OC sticks to his script that is failing over and over. Roll-out, misdirection, and read-option plays are called only occasionally even though they have been 100% effective. The abused QB is missing targets and coughing up the football.

The 49ers have looked out of sorts all year long. Occasionally good and often bad. So many penalties and such poor execution. Something is seriously wrong.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-02-2014, 7:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Oh it's still funny. Well... We did beat them 31-17 three weeks ago and I honestly think Krap was past the plane before the fumble. Tough loss. Broke back cowboy? LOL!
You're the only one that thinks that, minus a bunch of worthless gangsters. You guys lost swollow it bud.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-02-2014, 7:44 PM Reply   
A bunch of losers here minus the Hawks fans of course and David .... Enjoy!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-03-2014, 4:10 AM Reply   
Check your facts 14 teams have a equal or better record than the Hawks. As it stands right now you wouldn't even make the playoffs,much less be in the hunt. Arizona is dominating your division and you haven't even played them once yet. They will surely knock you out of the playoff picture.LOL
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-03-2014, 6:33 AM Reply   
Hawks will be getting healthy in the next couple weeks. They only needs to get past their short term injuries and they'll be fine. Dallas on the other hand is doomed without Romo. Arizona will be coming into our house for an azz whooping by the time we meet.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-03-2014, 8:06 AM Reply   
^^^ just like last year right?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-03-2014, 12:57 PM Reply   
Just had to stir it up a little fellas we were getting a little soft

Hawks win yesterday wasn't exactly spectacular. Russell was way off his game which he and all QB's are allowed but lately his passes have been a little off mostly missing high.

What a weird year so far in the NFL. Its looking more and more like anyone can beat anyone on any given day. The Cardinals continue to impress but for some reason I still don't buy it. Which I should Ariens is a really goof coach.

Bobby I believe as it stands right now we'd be the sixth seed but unless we can get healthy and cohesive it won't matter. I think the Hawks are going to get hot at the right time though ala 2012.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-03-2014, 5:01 PM Reply   
Seven starters scheduled to come back this weekend. Forecast has minimal chance of rain. Manning is like an early Christmas present for our secondary. All these things will add up to a much more impressive win and a great opportunity to meld back into a smooth running operation before we have to take on the Chiefs.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-03-2014, 7:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Just had to stir it up a little fellas we were getting a little soft

Hawks win yesterday wasn't exactly spectacular. Russell was way off his game which he and all QB's are allowed but lately his passes have been a little off mostly missing high.

What a weird year so far in the NFL. Its looking more and more like anyone can beat anyone on any given day. The Cardinals continue to impress but for some reason I still don't buy it. Which I should Ariens is a really goof coach.

Bobby I believe as it stands right now we'd be the sixth seed but unless we can get healthy and cohesive it won't matter. I think the Hawks are going to get hot at the right time though ala 2012.
Green bay would be the 6th seed with a better division record as the tie breaker.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-03-2014, 7:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Seven starters scheduled to come back this weekend. Forecast has minimal chance of rain. Manning is like an early Christmas present for our secondary. All these things will add up to a much more impressive win and a great opportunity to meld back into a smooth running operation before we have to take on the Chiefs.
Don't count your chickens!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-04-2014, 6:02 AM Reply   
A interesting fact find.
NFC West QB'S
Russell Wilson ranked 25th in the league with a passer rating of 93.1
Carson Palmer ranked higher in passer rating 99.3 and YPG 277. Wins also.LOL
Austin Davis has thrown for more yards than Wilson and leads in head to head competition.
Colin Kaepernick has more yards and a higher passer rating 94.9

I guess that proves he earned his name Russell "CHOKE' Wilson!!!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-04-2014, 7:40 AM Reply   
^^^ haha. Gotta rib my (chicken lover) brother with those stats. Where does Romo fall into those stats?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-04-2014, 8:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Green bay would be the 6th seed with a better division record as the tie breaker.
No we'd be the sixth seed and play the Eagles but again it doesn't matter. It turns out there's more football to play. Second half of the season where the Hawks heat up and cowgirls tumble back down to earth.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-04-2014, 8:44 AM Reply   
All these stats comparing Russell to other qbs, but just about any commentator asked says they'd take him over anyone else currently playing the position...