Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-01-2017, 5:33 PM Reply   
For those who have been wanting a Yeti soft side Wholesale Marine is doing $100 off sale.
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       02-01-2017, 6:05 PM Reply   
Don't know why anyone would buy a Yeti when RTIC is less than half the price and performs identical. Even looks nearly identical for that matter. Even at $100 off RTIC is still more performance per dollar.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       02-01-2017, 10:30 PM Reply   
I ordered a Rtic 40 soft sided cooler Sunday for $100. Got here today and can't wait to try it out. I'm also on the Rtic bandwagon. I've got 3 cups and love them.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       02-02-2017, 7:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsone79 View Post
Don't know why anyone would buy a Yeti when RTIC is less than half the price and performs identical. Even looks nearly identical for that matter. Even at $100 off RTIC is still more performance per dollar.
You beat me to it. This is true.

I have a RTIC 30 and will be buying a 40 before Summer.

I still love ya AJ!!!!!!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-02-2017, 8:03 AM Reply   
Rtic 45 owner here. I will buy the soft sided Rtic one too. I don't like throwing money out the window.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       02-02-2017, 8:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy View Post
You beat me to it. This is true.

I have a RTIC 30 and will be buying a 40 before Summer.

I still love ya AJ!!!!!!
I second this as well. I was an early adopter of the Yeti tumbler when they were the only ones in the market, but I never bought a cooler simply because of sticker shock. Now that RTIC is around, I have even less reasons to hop on the Yeti train. No hate on the Yeti guys though, I have brand loyalty for other various products so I understand their side of it too.

Not to threadjack but I'm interested in their soft duffel bag too. Being water resistant and all, it seems like it would be useful in a boat.

https://www.facebook.com/rticcoolers...09471175775540

Old     (80AM)      Join Date: Apr 2016       02-02-2017, 8:56 AM Reply   
I cannot believe for the life of me that Yeti is trying to sell their new Yeti Hopper 40 soft coolers for $400 when the RTIC 40 is $140 normally and right now $104 on sale. Who in their right mind would buy that?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-02-2017, 9:29 AM Reply   
^Guys with Yeti stickers on their trucks.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-02-2017, 11:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
Rtic 45 owner here. I will buy the soft sided Rtic one too. I don't like throwing money out the window.
if you order to today they are on sale. I just got the soft sided RTIC 30 for $87 shipped to my door in two days. that's with the free shipping.

Wont be buying any more Yeti products because of how over priced they are after have a few RTIC products.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       02-02-2017, 1:32 PM Reply   
Agreed with everyone else on RTIC. I have been a Yeti fan boy since the beginning as I live right by there original warehouse but cannot fathom spending that with RTIC around. I got the camo RTIC 20 soft side recently and sold my Yeti Roadie on craigslist immediately after...
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-02-2017, 2:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsone79 View Post
Oh I get it. You have a yeti sticker on your truck, huh?! LOL. Yeti 4 lyfe bro!
I don't need/want a Yeti, RTIC, Pelican, etc...just passing on the info to those who may be looking into one. It's cool princess

Last edited by you_da_man; 02-02-2017 at 2:14 PM.
Old     (SurfBoard)      Join Date: Mar 2015       02-02-2017, 2:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by you_da_man View Post
For those who have been wanting a Yeti soft side Wholesale Marine is doing $100 off sale.

What is the regular price on the 30 or 40?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-02-2017, 6:50 PM Reply   
In a game of retard poker; I see your guy with a Yeti sticker on his Truck & I Raise you county music with them singing about Yeti coolers!
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       02-02-2017, 7:34 PM Reply   
You don't see this happening with RTIC coolers! LOL

https://www.instagram.com/yetibuttsdaily/

(Note: I would never by a Yeti)
Attached Images

Old     (SurfBoard)      Join Date: Mar 2015       02-02-2017, 9:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfBoard View Post
What is the regular price on the 30 or 40?
$250 and 300 - ouch.

I give the company kudos for marketing. They get people to open their wallets and pay that crazy $$$
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-03-2017, 1:37 AM Reply   
I see your RTIC and raise you an ozark trail! I don't have their coolers but can't beat those can coozies at $7 that perform just as good as the yeti and rtic ones
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-03-2017, 5:52 AM Reply   
If you want to so see girls sitting on RTIC coolers!

All you have to do is type in rticbutts and just like the yeti and you can see girls in thongs sitting on coolers for half the price.

Sooooo yea

It took me 30 sec to find that!!!!!
Old     (powers25)      Join Date: Jul 2015       02-03-2017, 6:13 AM Reply   
Overpriced but oh well, worth it.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       02-03-2017, 6:30 AM Reply   
Motion to start a cooler/girl pic thread
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-03-2017, 6:56 AM Reply   
Granted
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       02-03-2017, 7:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
If you want to so see girls sitting on RTIC coolers!

All you have to do is type in rticbutts and just like the yeti and you can see girls in thongs sitting on coolers for half the price.

Sooooo yea

It took me 30 sec to find that!!!!!
Sure you can find a few pictures.... But, Its not as trendy as a yeti.

RTIC: 1,322 Followers
https://www.instagram.com/rticbuttsdaily/

Yeti: 28.1K followers

What i am saying is you have more of a chance of someone posing on your Yeti than you do with RTIC.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-03-2017, 12:03 PM Reply   
Married here, so the only one sitting on my RTIC is my beautiful wife anyway.
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       02-07-2017, 4:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce2320 View Post
I ordered a Rtic 40 soft sided cooler Sunday for $100. Got here today and can't wait to try it out. I'm also on the Rtic bandwagon. I've got 3 cups and love them.
Is there a discount code to use for the 40 soft cooler they are $149 on their site today ?

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coo...oftPak-40-Grey
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-07-2017, 6:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davewfo View Post
Is there a discount code to use for the 40 soft cooler they are $149 on their site today ?

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coo...oftPak-40-Grey
It looks like they jacked up the price based on demand and the ruling. My wife bought a 30 on Amazon for $87 over the weekend. It is now $125.
Old     (80AM)      Join Date: Apr 2016       02-08-2017, 6:47 AM Reply   
They had a Super Bowl weekend sale and everything was 30% off. I'm sure they'll do another one again as they had deliveries of the old versions in their supply chain and they're being delivered in a couple weeks. Once those are in, they'll need to move those so they can sell off that inventory and make way for the redesigned ones per the settlement which should be released by May.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-08-2017, 8:26 PM Reply   
David Curtis - thanks for posting the Rtik sale last week. My new Softside 30 came today and It is nice. $87 shipped is hard to beat.
Thanks Again
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-09-2017, 5:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by three6ty View Post
David Curtis - thanks for posting the Rtik sale last week. My new Softside 30 came today and It is nice. $87 shipped is hard to beat.
Thanks Again
No problem. I took advantage of it as well and got a 20 & 30 soft sided cooler. I really wanted a 65 hard cooler but they were sold out so quick.

Maybe they will have a March Madness sale......
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-09-2017, 9:20 PM Reply   
I have a Yeti 90, Roadie 20, many of their tumblers and colsters but I can't see spending the money on their soft side products. In fact, I have an Oazark Trails soft side from Walmart. The facts are with these soft side coolers you're really just looking to get through the day with cold drinks and ice and they all do that, the higher end ones that is.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       03-06-2017, 9:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam6961 View Post
You don't see this happening with RTIC coolers! LOL

https://www.instagram.com/yetibuttsdaily/

(Note: I would never by a Yeti)
I see this all summer and we just have the good old igloo/coleman Coolers
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       03-06-2017, 10:02 AM Reply   
Ha I've been an RTIC fan boy for a while . I like Yeti but cant justify it I have kids and it just doesn't feel right . I have lots of RTIC cups and just got the soft side 40 to use in the boat this summer cant wait to try it out.
Old     (BurnMac42)      Join Date: May 2015       03-11-2017, 1:09 PM Reply   
So is RTIC bein forced to redesogn their coolers due to the law suit ? I might snag a 65 that's a copy before they have to change em
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       03-11-2017, 2:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnMac42 View Post
So is RTIC bein forced to redesogn their coolers due to the law suit ? I might snag a 65 that's a copy before they have to change em
Yeah they are redesigning the hard coolers as part of their settlement agreement with Yeti.
Old     (BurnMac42)      Join Date: May 2015       03-11-2017, 5:48 PM Reply   
Well....just ordered the 65 so I can have the Yeti copy for half the price before the redesign lol...
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       03-14-2017, 8:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Well....just ordered the 65 so I can have the Yeti copy for half the price before the redesign lol...
Im about to jump on that too ..lol Maybe the new design will be better though ..oh crap decisions decisions
Old     (BurnMac42)      Join Date: May 2015       03-15-2017, 6:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIV210 View Post
Im about to jump on that too ..lol Maybe the new design will be better though ..oh crap decisions decisions
I thought that too but to be honest, a rotomold cooler from whoever is going to do the same thing and I was in the market to grab on for camping this year anyway....

Although one thing I did not see coming was SeaDek wanting to charge $210 freakin dollars for a cooler pad

That's more than the damn cooler! Doublely blowing my mind is the fact that YETI sells their 65 cooler pad for $100....wtf am I missing? YETI, the king of name brand mark up being cheaper than the source? I get economies of scale/bulk ordering but I have a hard time believing it's over 50% less cost INCLUDING YETI's mark up on it...
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       03-16-2017, 6:27 PM Reply   
I see a lot of the soft side coolers are odd shapes, more rounded and such. Seems kind of odd for a fairly expensive cooler to be an inefficient shape. I have a cheapy soft sided cooler that is square and fits just about perfectly under one of the seats in my boat. I wouldn't buy a rounded or odd shaped cooler, it has to be fairly square to fit well either in my boat or truck.

I did see several reviews comparing the YETI and RTIC cups, performance seemed fairly comparable from what I recall. Not sure how soft coolers compare but my cheapie fits and works fine for how long I need anything cold.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-16-2017, 9:19 PM Reply   
I started with the YETI Hopper 30 and jumped on the RTIC 40 at the end of last year. I did the side by side comparison and you can see the results below.

The ice is about equal but I like the shape and lid on the RTIC better than the YETI bag. It is a pain in the a$$ to get things in and out of the YETI with the straight zipper across the top.
Attached Images

Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       03-17-2017, 8:10 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=cadunkle;1955572]I see a lot of the soft side coolers are odd shapes, more rounded and such. Seems kind of odd for a fairly expensive cooler to be an inefficient shape. I have a cheapy soft sided cooler that is square and fits just about perfectly under one of the seats in my boat. I wouldn't buy a rounded or odd shaped cooler, it has to be fairly square to fit well either in my boat or truck.

I did see several reviews comparing the YETI and RTIC cups, performance seemed fairly comparable from what I recall. Not sure how soft coolers compare but my cheapie fits and works fine for how long I need anything cold.[/QUOTE

Ive seen pics of Yeti cups with RTIC bottoms on them . lol I think they are all made in the same Chinese sweat shop . Ive also seen comparisons with Yeti, RTIC, and Ozark Trail and they are all the same . I think the comparisons are the reason RTIC and Yeti have been dropping there drink ware prices.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-19-2017, 4:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
I see a lot of the soft side coolers are odd shapes, more rounded and such. Seems kind of odd for a fairly expensive cooler to be an inefficient shape. I have a cheapy soft sided cooler that is square and fits just about perfectly under one of the seats in my boat. I wouldn't buy a rounded or odd shaped cooler, it has to be fairly square to fit well either in my boat or truck.

I did see several reviews comparing the YETI and RTIC cups, performance seemed fairly comparable from what I recall. Not sure how soft coolers compare but my cheapie fits and works fine for how long I need anything cold.
Check out ao coolers. I absolutely love ours.https://www.aocoolers.com/coolers/ca...evui3232tvhsd0
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-20-2017, 6:04 AM Reply   
Im hoping for a March Madness sale from RTIC....
Old     (the_right_kind)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-21-2017, 1:16 PM Reply   
I've been trying to get a new 45 but they always said "sold out". Then I saw this on their home page...

The Company plans to sell its remaining 2016 Models for the next few months and then launch our 2017 Models on or before May 1, 2017, in time for the summer season. We will continue to offer on our website many items while supplies last. Upon the launch of the 2017 Summer Product Line, we will return to our regular everyday low pricing, keeping true to our promise to deliver "Over Built – Not Over Priced" products.

I don't think a March Madness sale is going to happen.

https://www.rticcoolers.com/updates
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-22-2017, 8:39 AM Reply   
Somebody needs to come up with a backpack cooler, something you can wear walking around expos/race venues/long hikes. Slinging a cooler over the shoulder just wouldn't be feasible for two or three hours.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-22-2017, 8:45 AM Reply   
Your welcome https://www.aocoolers.com/coolers/ba...97pr8m4o2it6o6
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-22-2017, 11:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_right_kind View Post
I've been trying to get a new 45 but they always said "sold out". Then I saw this on their home page...

The Company plans to sell its remaining 2016 Models for the next few months and then launch our 2017 Models on or before May 1, 2017, in time for the summer season. We will continue to offer on our website many items while supplies last. Upon the launch of the 2017 Summer Product Line, we will return to our regular everyday low pricing, keeping true to our promise to deliver "Over Built – Not Over Priced" products.

I don't think a March Madness sale is going to happen.

https://www.rticcoolers.com/updates
One can only hope. They have 65 qt coolers available.
Old     (Davewfo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-03-2017, 6:46 PM Reply   
RTIC COOLERS just went 33% off https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coolers/softpak
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-04-2017, 6:43 AM Reply   
Just ordered a bunch of gear from Rtic! Thanks!!!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-04-2017, 7:00 AM Reply   
Too bad the hard coolers are essentially sold out. Don't need another small one.
Old     (peter19u)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-04-2017, 7:05 AM Reply   
Do the soft side coolers keep ice as long as the regular coolers.
Old     (Dandy21)      Join Date: May 2016       04-04-2017, 8:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrie141 View Post
I second this as well. I was an early adopter of the Yeti tumbler when they were the only ones in the market, but I never bought a cooler simply because of sticker shock. Now that RTIC is around, I have even less reasons to hop on the Yeti train. No hate on the Yeti guys though, I have brand loyalty for other various products so I understand their side of it too.

Not to threadjack but I'm interested in their soft duffel bag too. Being water resistant and all, it seems like it would be useful in a boat.

https://www.facebook.com/rticcoolers...09471175775540

Any idea what happened to the waterproof duffel? It is not on their site!

In addition, does anyone know why all of the RTIC tumbler are being clearanced out and mostly sold out? New design or possibly an issue with YETI and patent or trademark issues?
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       04-04-2017, 8:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandy21 View Post

In addition, does anyone know why all of the RTIC tumbler are being clearanced out and mostly sold out? New design or possibly an issue with YETI and patent or trademark issues?
new designs they someone showed them on instagram today ..

That soft 20 for $66 has my attention
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-04-2017, 12:59 PM Reply   
Yes it has everything to do with YETI. They settled law suit, finally.

I ordered 3 soft 40's yesterday. should have gotten the lunch kit too.
Old     (BurnMac42)      Join Date: May 2015       04-04-2017, 6:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandy21 View Post

According to RTIC it will be released with their new 2017 line up which will come out on or before May 2017.....
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-05-2017, 7:39 AM Reply   
Thanx for the links guys - I order a couple of side sides yesterday as well
Old     (BurnMac42)      Join Date: May 2015       04-25-2017, 5:29 PM Reply   
Anybody have any suggestions on where I can get a cooler pad (like the Sea Dek one for YETI) for an RTIC 65? I contacted Sea Dek about making my own and they quoted me $200+ for a pad.....that's as much as I paid for the cooler....

Do the pads made for a YETI 65 fit on the lid of an RTIC 65?

Would love to pick up a Sea Dek/gatorstep type pad for the cooler but not if it's going to double the price of my cooler!
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-26-2017, 5:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Anybody have any suggestions on where I can get a cooler pad (like the Sea Dek one for YETI) for an RTIC 65? I contacted Sea Dek about making my own and they quoted me $200+ for a pad.....that's as much as I paid for the cooler....

Do the pads made for a YETI 65 fit on the lid of an RTIC 65?

Would love to pick up a Sea Dek/gatorstep type pad for the cooler but not if it's going to double the price of my cooler!
I am looking for the same thing. I will be following this.

I was trying to get a custom one made for my Fathers fishing boat with the boat name cut into it and it was the same cost to have one pad made as three because you have to buy a full sheet.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-26-2017, 7:38 AM Reply   
AOs look cool. not sure a black cooler is a great idea but they have a few silver models, price is WAY better!

Gator grip for the top. sheets are like $50
or Agenda sells foam traction you can cut http://agendasurf.com/sheet-boat-traction-molded.html