Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (troberts2)      Join Date: Jan 2017       05-18-2017, 7:54 AM Reply   
Looking to get some new boardshorts outside of my normal Billabong ones. I normally go for wild designs but I'm wanting some solid colors too which Billabong seems to like. What's everyones favorite, reasonably prices brands? I can't seem to find much Ten-80 stuff anymore.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-18-2017, 8:04 AM Reply   
Birdwell Beach Britches. I just bought myself a pair and I have committed to wearing them exclusively for 5 years... I have a pair of my dad's that I still surf in because they are way above the knee. He got them for his honeymoon in the early 70s and they are still in perfect condition. They are $80, but they are the last pair you will every own--honestly.
Old     (BLucas86)      Join Date: Apr 2016       05-18-2017, 8:22 AM Reply   
Volcom has been my go to for the last 2 years and are holding up well. The hybrid shorts are rad too. Pay attention to inseam lengths, as some of the trend is going shorter and shorter.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-18-2017, 1:32 PM Reply   
Now that CIRE is done with shorts....I'm a huge fan of the Volcom Slingers. Great cut, 4 way stretch, pockets, and cut the perfect length for me just above the knee. I wear them on and off the water. I like them so much I bought 5 pair.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-18-2017, 6:27 PM Reply   
Imperial motion or Rhythm
Old     (lipslide08)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-22-2017, 6:52 AM Reply   
The birdwell beach britches look like great shorts that were mentioned earlier. I checked out their website and they are made in USA and they have a very cool towel strap to keep beach towels rolled up nicely. I am going to order 1 of each.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-22-2017, 10:00 AM Reply   
^^^^ Good call. I just got some 311s. They hit just above my knee. They aren't weirdly short, but don't get in the way for pop-ups when surfing, Don't know why, but especially when short boarding it bothers me tho have board shorts between my knee and board...
Old     (kmayotte)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-22-2017, 1:33 PM Reply   
Hurley Phantoms. They have a big assortment of solid colors too.
Old     (Gavin17)      Join Date: Nov 2015       05-23-2017, 3:09 PM Reply   
Cire still has a few pairs left for $25.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-25-2017, 9:35 PM Reply   
There are a few pair of CIRE's left from last year.......but there will be more on the way. The brand has new owners who are continuing with the same quality, fit and style of the brand and share the same stoke for wakeboarding. Thanks for a great 13 year run....these guys will carry the torch for the next 13.
Old     (Talonsorensen)      Join Date: Apr 2012 Location: Gig harbor Washington       06-20-2017, 5:55 PM Reply   
I'm also a huge fan of Imperial Motion board shorts. The lace goes all the way around your wast making it so they actually cinch to your waist.
Old     (Dandy21)      Join Date: May 2016       06-21-2017, 9:45 AM Reply   
I may be getting old, or becoming a "yuppy" or maybe it is just because I am slowly getting fatter as I age. I used to wear exclusively Hurley boardshorts, but my go to boardshorts are now from Tommy Bahama. The material is comfortable, dries quick and is very light weight. I have a few pair, all the Baja (9" inseam) series. I am 5'11" and they come to just at the top of my knee.
http://www.tommybahama.com/en/c/men-...m?q=:relevance
Old     (Chugh2surf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       06-21-2017, 4:28 PM Reply   
Hurley phantom hands down