Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-20-2016, 11:53 AM Reply   
Price Drop!
2008 Mastercraft XStar
Was at 59k....still owe $58k
WILL TAKE $55,000 RIGHT NOW and pay difference to release title. New boat is in and this one needs to go!
PLUS - Race City Marine is offering a $500 finders fee to anybody who brings them the new owner of this beauty!

Pro Wakeboard Tour Ballast upgrade custom installed with standalone ballast pumps (7 total in boat, one for each tank/bag for faster filling) with custom switches mounted to look factory - over 3k lbs in total ballast. 400hp LY6 Ilmor motor (sounds amazing). Wetsounds tower speakers on additional 1000watt JL Amp. Wetsounds 420 equalizer with p/a mic. Swivel/clamping board racks. Boost Box volume control module. Bimini. Transom remote. Bow ladder and anchor. Underwater lighting (two tone blue/green). Towable cover with additional custom cover skirts to keep entire boat out of sun when sitting. Includes spare prop (both props are upgraded for heavier weight) and spare water impeller. Tandem axle trailer with LED lighting, swing away tongue, and surge brakes included. Please contact Matt @ Race City Marine to inquire. (Boat is being sold through them on consignment). Boat has been well cared for and maintenanced regularly and on schedule. Fresh oil change and trans oil change. MINOR wear on interior but in overall great condition.

Old     (Onebadssv)      Join Date: Feb 2016       03-20-2016, 6:20 PM Reply   
How many hours are on the boat?
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-21-2016, 6:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onebadssv View Post
How many hours are on the boat?
633....VERY well maintained! Oil changed every 50 hours. Has a fresh oil change as well as a transmission fluid change in it now. Properly winterized every year. Only problem I've ever had was the fuel pump went out, which after reading on Mastercraft forum I found out there was a problem with the factory style pump. Found the recommendation for a replacement pump, got it, installed it (at 130 hours), and have never had a problem since! Only other issue I ever had was I had an oil filter spring a leak (which we noticed pretty much immediately and it only got about 1/2 a quart low), replaced the filter and that was that. I'm VERY OCD about my boats and take very good care of them. My boats do get used therefore the high hours! But boat is pulled out of water EVERY outing, wiped down with Babes top to bottom, and stored under a covered boat shed.

Last edited by beg4wake; 03-21-2016 at 6:45 AM.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-24-2016, 12:59 PM Reply   
**Bump....don't be afraid to make an offer!
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-28-2016, 6:28 AM Reply   
Bump....Dropping the price to $53,000!!!
Remember, Race City Marine will pay a $500 finders fee to whomever brings them the next owners of this boat!
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       03-28-2016, 7:20 AM Reply   
Does anyone monitor this site for spam anymore?
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-28-2016, 8:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttime41 View Post
Does anyone monitor this site for spam anymore?
How is this a Spam?? I've been an active WakeWorld forum member for 4 years now. This is my personal boat that I am selling...it's on consignment at Race City Marine, where my new boat is sitting until this one sells. It is also listed in the classifieds section. Tell me again how this is Spam? I'm just trying to get maximum exposure for this boat to get it sold.

Last edited by beg4wake; 03-28-2016 at 8:15 AM.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-28-2016, 9:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
It is also listed in the classifieds section. Tell me again how this is Spam?

SPAM (as defined by wikipedia) - is the practice of sending unwanted messages, frequently with commercial content, in large quantities

That is how. You keep bumping your own post, in multiple locations.... There are a lot of people on here all selling their boats, you don't see anyone else posting their stuff unless there is a thread of someone asking for boats for sale.

Pay for a premium listing at onlyinboards.com, that will get far more hits than here.

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 03-28-2016 at 9:36 AM.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-28-2016, 9:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
SPAM (as defined by wikipedia) - is the practice of sending unwanted messages, frequently with commercial content, in large quantities

That is how. You keep bumping your own post, in multiple locations.... There are a lot of people on here all selling their boats, you don't see anyone else posting their stuff unless there is a thread of someone asking for boats for sale.

Pay for a premium listing at onlyinboards.com, that will get far more hits than here.
I've done that thank you very much...and paid for a "platinum plus" ad at that. And I have seen many times others listing their boat here. And I've only bumped it twice now and this time was to state the new price drop. So I don't see any problem with it. If you don't want to look at it...don't click on it. And if others don't try to advertise their boat as much, that is not my fault. This is also a chance for somebody to make $500 for referring others to it. So while others may not be looking to buy and visiting the "classifieds" section...they still may know somebody else looking and be interested in making $500.

Last edited by beg4wake; 03-28-2016 at 9:50 AM.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-28-2016, 11:22 AM Reply   
If you've paid for an add on OI, put it on a dealer's lot, and are using Craigslist ... my guess is your problem is the fact you're a couple of thousand dollars more expensive then everyone other one listed within 500 miles of your location in NC.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       03-28-2016, 11:47 AM Reply   
I know somebody who might buy your boat......
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       03-28-2016, 11:49 AM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (JJwake)      Join Date: May 2014       03-28-2016, 6:06 PM Reply   
You want too much for it man. Realistically, you'd be lucky to get $50K out of it. That will take time though. It seems like you are trying to fire sale the thing. You should be able to dump it for $40-45K range. Surly your boys at the boat shop would buy it for that.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-29-2016, 5:55 AM Reply   
Boat is definitely worth more than $40-45k. I've seen other boats similar go for $50 without the upgraded ballast and stereo and motor.

Last edited by beg4wake; 03-29-2016 at 6:02 AM.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-29-2016, 5:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
hmmm....37 years old and still using the "Deez Nuts"....real mature you are.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-29-2016, 6:00 AM Reply   
I honestly listed this boat for what the dealers told me to. They seemed to think it would sell in that price range.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       03-29-2016, 6:33 AM Reply   
Lmfao! Got heem.....
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-29-2016, 7:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Boat is definitely worth more than $40-45k. I've seen other boats similar go for $50 without the upgraded ballast and stereo and motor.
Its only worth what someone is willing to pay .... so right now it would appear you think its worth more than everyone else. I agree with Jeremy, I think you need to at LEAST get below the $50k threshold. I'm sure there are a lot of people searching $50k or less, you're losing them instantly. Also all of your competition for sale locally is below that... if you really want it gone I would shoot for $45k.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-29-2016, 8:49 AM Reply   
The problem you have at this price point is that dealers in North Carolina are cutting people GREAT deals on moomba's for 60k-ish. At that price they get a raptor motor, a surf system, warranty and easy financing at a better rate than a used boat. So right now, boats in the 50k+ range are hurting in the used market. A buddy of mine had his VLX up for sale in the raleigh area for over a year and half before he sold it.

Oh, and people are scared of the hours. Guaranteed.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-29-2016, 9:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
The problem you have at this price point is that dealers in North Carolina are cutting people GREAT deals on moomba's for 60k-ish. At that price they get a raptor motor, a surf system, warranty and easy financing at a better rate than a used boat. So right now, boats in the 50k+ range are hurting in the used market. A buddy of mine had his VLX up for sale in the raleigh area for over a year and half before he sold it.

Oh, and people are scared of the hours. Guaranteed.
Yeah I know that...the hours do hurt. Even though that's about average hours for a boat that year. Another problem is that many people who can afford boats like these don't ever use them (probably because they're too busy working to pay for them), therefore they have low hours when they go to sell them, unlike mine. Mine actually got used. It will take a certain buyer, one who wakeboards a lot and knows how awesome the wake on these specific hulls are and that the set up on this boat is fantastic, and that high hours don't always mean it is worn out. And that knows this boat will SWAMP a newer Moomba! I may have to wait a little longer to sell, but we shall see.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-29-2016, 10:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by beg4wake View Post
Yeah I know that...the hours do hurt. Even though that's about average hours for a boat that year. Another problem is that many people who can afford boats like these don't ever use them (probably because they're too busy working to pay for them), therefore they have low hours when they go to sell them, unlike mine. Mine actually got used. It will take a certain buyer, one who wakeboards a lot and knows how awesome the wake on these specific hulls are and that the set up on this boat is fantastic, and that high hours don't always mean it is worn out. And that knows this boat will SWAMP a newer Moomba! I may have to wait a little longer to sell, but we shall see.
I hear ya 100% on all points.
Old     (all2matt)      Join Date: Apr 2015       03-29-2016, 11:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by beg4wake View Post
this boat may swamp a moomba but a 2008 cobra mustang would kill a 2016 mustang 5.0 but you dont see cobras selling for more than the current 5.0

so like others have said if you get it below 50k then you'll have a chance. lookin at onlyinboards.com Id say 48k would be the sweet spot. Last summer (july 20th listing) I sold my 2010 tige Z1 for 48k after having it posted for 9 days from the day of listing to cashing the check. I set my boat $500 cheaper than the closest competition nationally from baottrader and onlyinboards. Price it right and itll go quick.

Last edited by all2matt; 03-29-2016 at 11:04 AM.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-29-2016, 11:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by all2matt View Post
this boat may swamp a moomba but a 2008 cobra mustang would kill a 2016 mustang 5.0 but you dont see cobras selling for more than the current 5.0

so like others have said if you get it below 50k then you'll have a chance. lookin at onlyinboards.com Id say 48k would be the sweet spot. Last summer (july 20th listing) I sold my 2010 tige Z1 for 48k after having it posted for 9 days from the day of listing to cashing the check. I set my boat $500 cheaper than the closest competition nationally from baottrader and onlyinboards. Price it right and itll go quick.
Yeah you got a good point....I'll give it a few more days, and if no offers...I'll think about dropping it a bit more. I just hate to take a huge hit on it, but then again, I'm not gonna wait forever to take delivery of my new one.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       03-29-2016, 12:02 PM Reply   
What did you buy?
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-29-2016, 12:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
What did you buy?
2016 Nautique G23
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-30-2016, 1:01 AM Reply   
I've thought this from the first time I read this thread; I would remove the last pic from all future postings. Any pic that has a person posing in it (especially someone frowning) makes it feel like it's someone else's boat-like you're "intruding on their territory" by inquiring about it. If that's you, you don't look friendly in that pic. IMO you have to de-personalize it like they do with real estate sales. Make your boat nameless and faceless so they can visualize it as theirs. Not sayin you're a bad guy at all. Just tryin to help. GLWS. I hope you get to enjoy your new G ASAP.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-30-2016, 6:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
I've thought this from the first time I read this thread; I would remove the last pic from all future postings. Any pic that has a person posing in it (especially someone frowning) makes it feel like it's someone else's boat-like you're "intruding on their territory" by inquiring about it. If that's you, you don't look friendly in that pic. IMO you have to de-personalize it like they do with real estate sales. Make your boat nameless and faceless so they can visualize it as theirs. Not sayin you're a bad guy at all. Just tryin to help. GLWS. I hope you get to enjoy your new G ASAP.
Never thought of it like that....I'll do that. That is not me, just a friend, he always looks unhappy. I just included that pic because it showed the underwater lights. However I can't remove it now without the administrators assistance. But there are many other "real estate" like pictures available on Race City Marine's website. I just wanted to offer a few different pics.