Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-03-2020, 5:57 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=markj;2001396]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshugan View Post
You think Trump is going to lead to a more moral Republican Party!?!

Look, when I heard Trump say, "One Corinthians" a few years ago, I almost threw up in my mouth. It proved to me that he had either never opened a Bible in his life or had never had any conversation about it ever. What a poser!!! Even a muslim like Obummer would never have said anything like that. That was history.

Now? I'm not sure what happened. He somehow has managed to make some pretty good policy moves for Christianity. SC picks are the primary reason to vote for him. RBG is melting like the faces of the Nazi's in Raiders of the Lost Ark (not calling her a Nazi). No way she can last much longer. That alone is YUGE. He's certainly not gonna support a baby-killing judge in the SC.

I want to go on. There's so much more to say, but I'm super tired. Building a dock kicked my butt today.
I see no evidence at all that he has made Republicans or this country more moral. I also find it odd that you seem to value Christianity so highly but don't emulate some pretty basic Christian concepts in how you conduct yourself in these discussions. You constantly belittle others and call names. (Which is a very Donald Trump trait, btw.)

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." - John 13:34

"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ĎYou fool!í will be liable to the hell of fire." - Matthew 5:22
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-03-2020, 5:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
You wake up from your drug induced nap? I never nap, ever. I have too much on my plate.

All the other sports do. Most fly over states football is life. The northern midwest and intermixed on the east coast it is basketball while football is also loved but it is hard to compete when you have to build teams to compete when it is windy and snowy and then have to go play warm weather teams with a different playing hi flying playing style.

I see you can not refute the fact that the black community destroys their communities while other races do not destroy their communities. You did not refute that black community gets mad when the whites move out. Say it is a negative thing, but constantly want to complain about white people keeping them down. Instead you do as you usually do, go on a Trump based rant.

So, are those made up Russian hoax charges that was supposed to kick Trump out of office coming along? How about impeachment? That political hit getting him out of office? How about blaming covid on Trump? That getting legs? Kind of noticed after he blocked the tax on obamacare that the price of insurance leveled off after continuous increases in cost? Wonder how that worked?
For the 100th time, there is no hoax, everything i say is backed up, sourced. My most recent source is a Republican investigated document. You saying they lied?
You obviously are too emotionally stunted for politics. Since you democrat masters don't lie, I am sure you will not be casting your vote for biden considering his running mate absolutely said that she believed the woman who accused him of sexual assult I believe? Actually this is perfect. Why, this all makes sense now. NFL and NBA AND SN95 support men who abuse women. I mean it was just an accusation but heck, the VP running mate/ powerful democrat said it was true so it must be because we all know democrats don't lie right? Especially about something like sexual assault. 1 plus 1 plus 1 means YOU, the NFL and NBA support sexual assault. It was an accusation that fizzled immediately based on fact. If not im sure it would be #1 on the trump hit list.

Try and get some more sleep.
I sleep well, thank you.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-03-2020, 6:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Filled with your your usual BS responses to fictional scenarios .

Hereis the proof it was a Molotov cocktail. Clear as day you see it on fire going through the air at Kyle as Kyle is confronted by said ******* who gets a dome shot . Itís still burning on the ground after heís shot. APPARENTLY PBJís IN SANDWICH BAGS JUST BURST INTO FLAMES WHEN THROWN . He threw a sandwich at him..........youíve got to be ****ing kidding me . Again you see a group surround Kyle to start the altercation , you see said jackass whoís the instigator begin a physical confrontation with Kyle , you then see him throw the Molotov right at Kyle as ****bag tries to attack Kyle further , It narrowly misses the mark , then ****bag continues to run directly at Kyle to attack him . YOUíRE OWNED ON FACTS AGAIN !!!You are complete baffoon. I am tired of embarrassing you and your flat out lies and the make believe stories you create in your basement. Your an expert on what everyone shouldnít do , but no where near an expert on evidence gathering. Take the time to actually look at the facts of an incident and acknowledge the physical evidence before you keep making yourself look like a fool. Next youíll tell us this 3rd party video is fake . I canít wait for your explanation on how a sandwich spontaneously combusts .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1ExCl8...ctr=1599113565


Not only did he shoot in self defense , he felt so terrible about having to shoot , he went to check on the guy he just shot , knowing that guy just tried to attack him by attempting to light him on fire and permanently disfigure him. Ever been hit by Molotov cocktail ? Guessing not , I have , while not direct , it hit off my squad and splashed over on me at the first rounds of riots in Chicago back on the 30th. My entire left arm is scarred , luckily I had my BDUís , tact vest and Nomex gloves on.
Hereís what happens if it connects , it spreads fast

https://mobile.twitter.com/mrtdogg/s...470408?lang=en


Here again you are an expert on taking people into custody. Big tough guy says he would end the rape before it happened. Riiiight, cuz thatís the scenario that plays out in real life . In case you forgot you canít shoot someone whoís unarmed according to you. Rape isnít a scenario that is likely to cause death. So now you think shooting an unarmed individual committing a crime is ok, but police canít shoot an armed individual who is in the process of committing a crime. That makes complete sense. You flip flop so many times to fit your agenda itís hard to keep things straight. You also claimed multiple times Jacob Blake was gunned down in cold blood . For the 4th or 5th time , since youíve ignored every other time itís been asked

So again


Youíre the police , seeing as how you have opinion of how they should handle things. A man just raped a 14ur old girl. You attempt to arrest him , he fights with a knife in hand , an officer attempts to tase him , no effect , heís now a fleeing felon , WHAT DO YOU DO?
For a cop, you sure travel in a lot of BS. The sandwich was not on fire., its still sitting on the ground fully intact, not burning in YOUR vid. Go look at about 25 seconds in. Its sitting there, not on fire, plastic melts quickly. Fool. Are you still dropping ghost guns on innocent people too? You are a disgrace to your trade.
https://twitter.com/Nrg8000/status/1...ideo-paper-bag
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-03-2020, 6:14 AM Reply   
Deltahoosier, Will you please explain to me how "1 plus 1 plus 1 means [95sn], the NFL and NBA support sexual assault." but the Republican Party did not "support" southern violent oppression of blacks in the Compromise of 1877 and after Reconstruction?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-03-2020, 6:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
All but 10,000 people had known contributing underlying issues. Sadly, most of Americans have underlying health issues that they live with for years, even decades (overweight, high blood pressure, diabetes). If you are carrying those around, Covid is a hell of a lot more likely to kill you in the short term. If you truly believe what you wrote, you are an idiot or just a stooge.
Sorry, pal. Youíre full of 95sn again. I know two people who went to get tested, filled out the paperwork, got tired of waiting to be tested and left. Later they BOTH received ďpositive resultsĒ sent to them and they never even got tested. Itís a farce. Wake up.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-03-2020, 6:30 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=joshugan;2001426]
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post

I see no evidence at all that he has made Republicans or this country more moral. I also find it odd that you seem to value Christianity so highly but don't emulate some pretty basic Christian concepts in how you conduct yourself in these discussions. You constantly belittle others and call names. (Which is a very Donald Trump trait, btw.)

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." - John 13:34

"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ĎYou fool!í will be liable to the hell of fire." - Matthew 5:22
Youíre on such thin ice and yet you keep coming back for more. Of course you donít see any evidence. You donít even know what to look for so why would you see it? As for my ďbelittling,Ē I say things in an effort to make people laugh. It may manifest itself in ribbing, making up names for people, telling anecdotal stories, whatever. Itís usually all in fun. Sometimes itís self-deprecating (who else would admit to listening to Vanilla Ice and Milli VanillI?) You donít recognize things like that because you literally have no sense of humor. Thatís been well established for a long time now. I think itís time for your morning snack and a comfort pillow now. Run along, snowflake.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-03-2020, 6:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Would be one of the smartest moves he ever made. Thats how we know he will never do it. Look around the world dude, many many countries made it a crime to defy Virus rules, many countries arrested people who side stepped rules or worked against the goal. If you lie to a contact tracer, jail. If you dont wear mask, fines. Some of the not so friendly countries like China welded doors shut so people could not leave. That is reality, how countries beat the virus we are still in full swing with. We appear to be a country of pussies because mask wearing is too much to ask of patriots. Trumps NEW plan is Herd immunity. Got a freak Dr. off FOX News, now he is WH advisor, displacing CDC. Typical reality TV pres gets Reality TV Dr. to lead the country. WTF? I cant wait to see how this one resonates. more winning.

Now trumpy, the Law and Order candidate is asking his supporters to vote twice. Yep Facism is Law and Order in bad orange man world.
You just described what non-free, totalitarian countries have done. Who would want government spooks coming to their house interrogating them about a virus that doesnít even kill you unless youíre super old and already almost dead? Screw that. Iíll take an uber-light dose of risk to go with my thriving economy and heavy dose of freedom, thank you. Youíre old and or unhealthy? No prob. Stay in your house.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-03-2020, 6:42 AM Reply   
Dipchit Donny states in North Carolina, "Let them send it in and let them go vote, and if the system is as good as they say it is then obviously they won't be able to vote (in person)."
Can't hurt Dummy Donald, but this might be another way of delaying the vote count for republicans, so what is the penalty for voting twice? Why doesn't Terrifying Trump just come out and say any republican that votes twice will be pardoned?

trump now has enough supporters to win

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-03-2020, 6:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Sorry, pal. Youíre full of 95sn again. I know two people who went to get tested, filled out the paperwork, got tired of waiting to be tested and left. Later they BOTH received ďpositive resultsĒ sent to them and they never even got tested. Itís a farce. Wake up.
Yes its all a conspiracy, isnt it. How did the virus effect the entire planet, but its only a conspiracy in the US? There are close to 190,000 dead, your whole 2 person deep dive proves nothing but that the US testing under trump is a joke, something I have been saying since March. Thanks for backing me up! Your theory was de-bunked in less than 24 hours by trumps CDC. Dude, you keep looking like a fool pushing what FOX tells you. Remember when it was, "we should follow what Sweden did" until Parrots led by reality TV again and again. Time after time they have to walk back their claims, people fired, and proved wrong. Why does trump find all his Best People from FOX News? And fired the following week? The radical right has a problem. The party of Morally corrupt. No law, no order, just king trump.
https://arstechnica.com/science/2020...ed-by-experts/
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-03-2020, 6:47 AM Reply   
Oh, so now it's the "I was just joking" defense to justify your behavior? Who's laughing with you, markj? So you don't think liberals are stupid or retarded? You don't think people voting against Trump are stupid? That's just you making a joke? When someone made a mistake by writing "your" vs. "you're" and you commented on how dumb they were, that was just a joke? You didn't actually think that person was dumb?

You use Ad hominem attacks because you don't have anything else.

And I feel quite solid in my foundation. You couldn't respond to my earlier arguments, used the aforementioned ad hominem attacks, claimed you didn't have time to respond, resorted to gish gallop, and even admitted to needing Deltahoosier to respond but I don't know what to look for? Please link the Foxnews articles for me about how great Trump has been in providing morals and protecting Christiantity so I can know what to look for. (And I'm serious, btw. Please provide any proof of your claims.)
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-03-2020, 6:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
You just described what non-free, totalitarian countries have done. Who would want government spooks coming to their house interrogating them about a virus that doesnít even kill you unless youíre super old and already almost dead? Screw that. Iíll take an uber-light dose of risk to go with my thriving economy and heavy dose of freedom, thank you. Youíre old and or unhealthy? No prob. Stay in your house.
What a Maroon. You dont have a thriving economy, trump already squeezed all he could by reducing tax on the rich instead of the middle class. He canceled regulation on gas, oil, coal, environment and he got all he could. Cant squeeze money out of a turnip. Economy was over pre Covid. Look at the numbers. It isnt an opinion, its fact. He never met his promise of 4,5, 6% GDP, more campaign lies you live on. The point above was to show how WEAK and pathetic the US response has been. Other countries took it serious, they got over the hump and THEIR ECONOMIES are back to work. Trump F'ed up his own economy and continues in his error. Look at what works all over the world instead of grasping at conspiracy. Facts matter. Freedom isnt free, you have to work for it. Vote Nov 3.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-03-2020, 6:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
You just described what non-free, totalitarian countries have done. Who would want government spooks coming to their house interrogating them about a virus that doesn’t even kill you unless you’re super old and already almost dead? Screw that. I’ll take an uber-light dose of risk to go with my thriving economy and heavy dose of freedom, thank you. You’re old and or unhealthy? No prob. Stay in your house.
One-third of COVID-19 positive Big Ten athletes have myocarditis, Penn State athletic doctor says.
But I am sure you are in much better shape than the Big Ten athletes, keep denying.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/big-ten...164111708.html

Last edited by joeshmoe; 09-03-2020 at 6:58 AM. Reason: added address
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-03-2020, 7:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshugan View Post
Oh, so now it's the "I was just joking" defense to justify your behavior? Who's laughing with you, markj? So you don't think liberals are stupid or retarded? You don't think people voting against Trump are stupid? That's just you making a joke? When someone made a mistake by writing "your" vs. "you're" and you commented on how dumb they were, that was just a joke? You didn't actually think that person was dumb?

You use Ad hominem attacks because you don't have anything else.

And I feel quite solid in my foundation. You couldn't respond to my earlier arguments, used the aforementioned ad hominem attacks, claimed you didn't have time to respond, resorted to gish gallop, and even admitted to needing Deltahoosier to respond but I don't know what to look for? Please link the Foxnews articles for me about how great Trump has been in providing morals and protecting Christiantity so I can know what to look for. (And I'm serious, btw. Please provide any proof of your claims.)
Reading comprehension is hard huh? I said, "usually." Who's laughing with me? Hmm... Ralph just mentioned I, "can take and give a joke, keep being you" on page 278 a day our two ago. I've also received PM's from others here in support over the last few months. As for the "your/you're" thing, I've only mentioned that when someone has used bad grammar in the process of calling someone else stupid. The irony of that is too rich not to point that out.

Do I think libtards are stupid academically? Not necessarily. On a practical, common sense level? Absolutely.

Supreme Court noms are the main thing he's done. It's also what he's NOT done like pushing the queer agenda.

Also noteworthy is your original claims of being a republican-only to argue the libtard position of almost every topic. You shacking up with 95sn?

Last edited by markj; 09-03-2020 at 7:17 AM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-03-2020, 7:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
What do you think will happen if all business were to open, no one will get it? How does that work if we dont need masks? or distancing, i mean this is ALL a Democrat hoax, right. How did those crafty Democrats release the virus to the entire planet? Like when you got it and took a couple weeks off, you want the entire country taking a couple weeks off, again and again and again? Most people dont get paid for not working like you do. Do you even read any economic news? The economy was officially over in February, Recession had already started. "Trumps Economy" lol, the one he inherited from those same democrats? The ones who pulled the country out of recession that Bush and Republican policy caused? Trump promised 4,5,6% GDP, records he said he would break. Never did, never will. Look up US GDP and let me know how TRumps Economy has performed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
What do you think will happen if all business were to open, no one will get it? How does that work if we dont need masks? or distancing, i mean this is ALL a Democrat hoax, right. How did those crafty Democrats release the virus to the entire planet? Like when you got it and took a couple weeks off, you want the entire country taking a couple weeks off, again and again and again? Most people dont get paid for not working like you do. Do you even read any economic news? The economy was officially over in February, Recession had already started. "Trumps Economy" lol, the one he inherited from those same democrats? The ones who pulled the country out of recession that Bush and Republican policy caused? Trump promised 4,5,6% GDP, records he said he would break. Never did, never will. Look up US GDP and let me know how TRumps Economy has performed.
Still waiting for the explanation on how to arrest an armed felon?




Why should a small business be forced to Stay close me when they can follow the exact same protocols as big business ? That makes zero sense , If masks work( which you claim daily) , why can’t smaller business operate using social distancing and other ways to prevent the spread ? What makes them different ? Spare me the non essential crap. because making mo why is essential to people’s survival .

As far as myself catching it. I’ve caught multiple other viruses and diseases from my line of work. I deal with some of the most disgusting human beings on a daily basis and have multiple physical contacts daily. I am in the highest risk pool of contracting the virus. Most small businesses are not. So using me as example is ridiculous. Also my sick time is earned and a benefit of my job due to the hazards afforded to me under my contract. Part of the reason I chose the profession. If someone is in a profession that doesn’t give them paid sick time, that’s something they made a conscious choice of . There are supplemental policies one can purchase to cover them such as an AFLAC type policy if they’re that concerned. If an employee of a small business is so concerned about catching it , the have the freedom to sit home and not collect a paycheck, possibly loose all their income by being fired . On the flip side every employee at that business isn’t getting paid at moment, most importantly the business owner who employs numerous people . Some are in such financial distress they won’t open again and all their employees won’t be getting another check. Toss in some of these closed businesses that were torched in riots and small business world Is in deep trouble.

What makes more sense......having a single employee taking 14 sick days of no payment IF YOU CONTRACT IT ..............BIG IF . and letting businesses run and operate , Or being without revenue for 90plus days because the government shuts you down completely? Not being able to pay your mortgage , bills , losing your house , not being able to provide for your family ?

As far as The rest. Yes “MY CONSPIRACY” theory is this was a manufactured virus that was released . There is enough grey area here to support that. Again my person opinion. I don’t have definitive facts to make it truth , but in my eyes there’s enough info out there to lead me believe it was introduced into the environment by man on purpose . Facts on the other hand show 10000000”% this is being exploited here as a political weapon . There simply is no way to deny that fact. Numbers don’t add up , conscious decisions to inflate numbers , falsifying death certificates , and creating a constant state of pandemonium is indisputable . Since you brought up the fact I contracted the virus I’ll use my work environment yet again as an example. We have 13,500 employees. ( that’s not all sworn , 11,500 sworn is the best estimate ). We currently have total of 670 positive cases , 2 deaths ( both deaths had severe underlying medical conditions ) . So that is an infectious rate of under 5 percent . We are the highest risk population of contraction outside of hospital staff . Include the 2 deaths , Thats a .0001 percent chance you die . And that’s being generous again because of the underlying complications both possessed. Now add in the fact we have had minimal ppe , add in the fact for the past 90 days we’ve been in contact with thousands of people for ( we will further restrict that to 30 days out of those 90’s dealing with riots being assigned 12-16+ hour shifts with the entire department not getting any days off for 30 out of those 90 ) , add in the fact overlapping shifts in close proximity to each other and rioters , add in the fact our equipment is transferred multiple times daily with no disinfectant procedures taken , unless by the officer , and again the numbers do not add up with the leftist narrative. No spikes in the department , no spikes in area hospitals , and no spikes in the public at all. Yet our mayor and governor have gone backwards and restricted the city back to the previous phase .


Where do we see the most “ALLEGED” spikes.......... swing states , conservative areas that are battle ground political statements . That’s doesn’t seem odd at all ? Even the spikes they claim , when you look at the overall numbers aren’t major spikes , they’re being altered for an agenda. The fact that these numbers are being so abused should be a giant red flag of bull****. But the people with no brains who love not thinking for themselves love pushing it. I 100% agree with the initial shutdown , and the fact it was needed to address the medical rush overwhelming our system, but there is no reason for anything to still be fircwd by the government to stay closed at this point. It’s a blatant abuse of power and a political ploy.

Last edited by xstarrider; 09-03-2020 at 7:26 AM.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-03-2020, 7:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshugan View Post
You're playing fast and loose with both historical events and modern policy.

The compromise of 1877 was an informal backroom deal arranged among U.S. senators. Republicans got the presidency in exchange for removing federal troops who were in the south to protect African-Americans. Should the federal troops have been protecting African-Americans to begin with? When did the shift occur where they should have no longer been protecting African-Americans? Southern democrats fought black suffrage constantly from the end of the Civil War throughout Reconstruction. Republicans fully knew what was going to happen or they were incredibly stupid to think the southerners were going to keep an unwritten backroom promise. The majority of white citzens, regardless of party, simply did not care about black rights. Grant actually did and considered African-Americans equal. Many of the Republicans did not but went along with Grant since African-Americans were overwhelmingly Republican. The U.S. as a whole failed badly post-Civil War when it came to African-Americans. But the Republicans made a deal with the devil. I personally don't find much persuasive nuance in your idea that the Democrats were the ones committing the murders so the Republicans who made a deal that allowed the murders to happen and turned a blind eye when it happened have moral high ground. The Republican Party was complicit in what happened in the South after Reconstruction.

Your comparison to Iraq does not work. Iraq is a foreign country and we arguably should not have been there to begin with. The African-Americans in the south at that time were our fellow citizens who deserved protection under the Constitution. If they didn't deserve that federal protection, when the state failed them, then the Civil War should have never been fought. (Which is not an argument that the war was fought to destroy slavery, rather that a major basis/question of the war was the power of the federal government.)

The Munich Agreement, in contrast to the Comrpomise of 1877, was a formal written agreement which was signed by the leaders of Germany, Italy, France, and Great Britain. Chamberlain was stupid to believe Hitler but at least he had an actual signed agreement to hold up when Hitler went back on his word. Was Chamberlain at fault for WWII? Possibly. But I don't think the fault comes with the Munich Agremeent. There is evidence, in the form of Germans orders, that had the Allies pushed back against German invasion forces that Hitler would have backed down but by 1938 he probably would not have.

As to your point about Trump not having power over the budget. What!?! Why did Trump promise he would balance the budget and shrink the deficit then? Clinton did it. Of course it requires congress to participate but Clinton was able to do that. Republicans controlled the senate so why didn't Trump attempt to do it? When has he even tried? Where is his voice calling for it? 4 years of "the greatest econmoy ever" and he never even tried.

And I have made up my mind. To quote you again, "Apparently, we know now when dealing with tyrants, you should never trust them." Well I see Trump as a megamoniacal tyrant. He does not respect the indendence of the judicary. I've previously posted on my views, as a lawyer, about the judiciary but suffice if to say that while I have concern about Biden appointments, I am more concerned about what else Trump is doing. Trump does not respect the military chain of command. He does not respect our allies. He does not respect the intelligence about Russia. He removed 5 inspectors general because he thought they were being "unfair." (Obama removed 1 during his whole 8 years.) It's Trump's way no matter and their are almost no checks on that from Republicans and that is terrifying to me. I'm not hoping for a promise or two from Democrats about anything. I see a threat from Trump to the Republican Party and the country and I am voting for the best choice we have of two options for president.
Clinton balanced the budget because the Republicans took control of congress for the first time in forever and that was Newt deal with America. We also have the fake free money give away in the stock market that helped with all sorts of extra tax money. Perfect storm for balancing budgets.

I do not mind at all the Trump got rid of Inspector Generals. I would try and lop off the heads of anyone who was complicit in the Russian Hoax. As we are finding out now that FBI lawyers changed documents and one of the former IG's said she would not have issued FISA warrants based on the "Rogue" FBI directors fake intel. So, how is it Trump was supposed to respect intel about Russia when his fellow country people were trying to set him up with a political lie designed to hamstring his administration? Of course you will vote for ol Joe who was in those meetings where him, Comey and Obama were discussing the strategy.

You did not seem to mind when Obama was gutting the military chain of command of conservative thinkers during his time in office. Now that Trump does not trust the judgement of some of the top Obama's liberal minded brass, it is a issue?

As far as Republicans and reconstruction, your mind set works just like the democrats you are going to vote for. You have evil people and if someone does not want to stay in their way, the people who decided not to stay were the bad guys and not the actual people who were bad. In the same breath, I am pretty sure you are trying to boil down an overall complicated issue into a simple black and white thing. Kind of like the civil war. Many people make claims that it was only for slaves and others for economic issues. I am sure they were all contributors.

As far as comparing it to today, it is all the same. It is never different. What seems like a great idea but a hard idea gets put into place. After a short time those hard to implement ideas lose their momentum and people want out of the game. Could be cost of life, economics, people at home angry. There are always pressures. Saying Republicans at the time, who had to make decisions to bring the troops home (may as well been a foreign country because we do not deploy troops inside America), bringing troops home was complicit as the democrats who actually were killing blacks is not even the same.

If you have a neighbor who lets his dog out to crap on your lawn but I happened to be out there every night for weeks and it did not happen to your lawn because I was there. Now I decide I do not want to be there am I complicit in his dog crapping on your lawn?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-03-2020, 7:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
140-250K by the end of the year was my understanding and we are well on track for that.

I agree that we goofed this thing so hard on the frontside that there is no stopping it now and might as well stick to letting people make good and bad decisions based on their health and risk aversion. We were only offered two extremes: denial and complete lockdown. Commonsense, straight forward mitigating procedures clearly messaged from the top down could have made a difference. We failed and now we didn't stop the virus and we managed to damage the economy.

I think Trump and Biden are both unfit for a list of reasons. Trump obviously failed the test on covid and I don't think Biden can/will do any better. At this point we can just pray for an effective vaccine and work our way slowly towards immunity.
Couldnít agree more with your explanation. I would disagree with your numbers. We have seen the biggest numbers of deaths and the initial wave has front loaded those numbers heavily. I donít see the spikes and influx as the year continues to obtain the worst case scenario.

Explain how Trump failed in his handling of Covid ? He put it in the hands of the states to handle , as it shouldíve been, due to the difference ms between all 50 areas. Again I have feelings on how he couldíve donít better , but am curious to see how you feel the failure of Covid falls on him .
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-03-2020, 7:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshugan View Post
Deltahoosier, Will you please explain to me how "1 plus 1 plus 1 means [95sn], the NFL and NBA support sexual assault." but the Republican Party did not "support" southern violent oppression of blacks in the Compromise of 1877 and after Reconstruction?
Easy. SN, the NFL and NBA are actively championing this blake guy as a victim and using his situation to be ok with looting and violence and to strong arm the owners in a obvious marxist power grab of earnings. The opposite is actually true. They are gaslighting everyone when in reality that blake guy was a felon and had just sexually assaulted the girl who's house he was at when the police were called by the victim and contacted by the police.

The Republicans going home is not the same as saying what the democrats were doing was OK. They had a deal by the tyrant democrats to stop killing blacks. Must not have been much of a backdoor deal if everyone knows about it. No amount of troops were going to stop a motivated population from murdering the other population. You think a few troops in select areas were really going to stop some idiots in the back woods from killing a black man? Not a chance. It was a waste of resources. Grant may have been a great and idealistic man, but you can not keep troops stationed for every in the country side. At some point they have to come home.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-03-2020, 7:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Couldnít agree more with your explanation. I would disagree with your numbers. We have seen the biggest numbers of deaths and the initial wave has front loaded those numbers heavily. I donít see the spikes and influx as the year continues to obtain the worst case scenario.

Explain how Trump failed in his handling of Covid ? He put it in the hands of the states to handle , as it shouldíve been, due to the difference ms between all 50 areas. Again I have feelings on how he couldíve donít better , but am curious to see how you feel the failure of Covid falls on him .
One correction. Trump can not by law handle to response. The response is up to the states. Congress has to vote to give Trump that power, but the democrats know this. They like to gaslight people by telling them things that they know is the opposite of the truth.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-03-2020, 8:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Still waiting for the explanation on how to arrest an armed felon? You mean armed like Jacob Blake, a knife in his car is being armed? I keep a knife in my truck, am i considered armed when im not in the truck? If perp armed with a gun, and its out, blast away. Any questions?




Why should a small business be forced to Stay close me when they can follow the exact same protocols as big business ? That makes zero sense , If masks work( which you claim daily) , why canít smaller business operate using social distancing and other ways to prevent the spread ? What makes them different ? Spare me the non essential crap. because making mo why is essential to peopleís survival . Most small biz in CA are open, almost ALL. Once we reach certain goals we open, logical response, we have a system we follow. 6 months in and there is ZERO federal policy. Masks work, Republicans wont wear them, blame trump?... its infringing on their freedom. Every Repub here has argued against them, or they didnt work, or let who ever wants to wear them... So we have a problem in SwatWorld.

As far as myself catching it. Iíve caught multiple other viruses and diseases from my line of work. I deal with some of the most disgusting human beings on a daily basis and have multiple physical contacts daily. I am in the highest risk pool of contracting the virus. Most small businesses are not. So using me as example is ridiculous. Also my sick time is earned and a benefit of my job due to the hazards afforded to me under my contract. Part of the reason I chose the profession. If someone is in a profession that doesnít give them paid sick time, thatís something they made a conscious choice of . There are supplemental policies one can purchase to cover them such as an AFLAC type policy if theyíre that concerned. If an employee of a small business is so concerned about catching it , the have the freedom to sit home and not collect a paycheck, possibly loose all their income by being fired . On the flip side every employee at that business isnít getting paid at moment, most importantly the business owner who employs numerous people . Some are in such financial distress they wonít open again and all their employees wonít be getting another check. Toss in some of these closed businesses that were torched in riots and small business world Is in deep trouble.
Yes, i am on the record several times saying policing is a VERY difficult job, few could do it. Not everyone has the opportunity to work for the Govt they are about the only employer who pays like that. Explain how one can afford to buy supplemental insurance on $15/hour, when rent on their 2 bedroom is over $2K/mo. Thats reality in California. Im not blaming biz owners, We do the best we can. Ive paid rent for plenty of my tenants, i cant give a roof out for free for long.
What makes more sense......having a single employee taking 14 sick days of no payment IF YOU CONTRACT IT ..............BIG IF . and letting businesses run and operate , Or being without revenue for 90plus days because the government shuts you down completely? Not being able to pay your mortgage , bills , losing your house , not being able to provide for your family ?
Its not a BIG IF, over 6 million infected and that is with all state policy in place. Thats why you make an intelligent, fact based effort and shut Covid down
As far as The rest. Yes ďMY CONSPIRACYĒ theory is this was a manufactured virus that was released . There is enough grey area here to support that. No, there is not enough info to make that claim, its all baseless, fact-less and BS, we know how the virus happened. Again my person opinion. I donít have definitive facts to make it truth , but in my eyes thereís enough info out there to lead me believe it was introduced into the environment by man on purpose . Facts on the other hand show 10000000Ē% this is being exploited here as a political weapon . There simply is no way to deny that fact. It IS a political problem. Most of the country is unsatisfied with Trumps response, he is in charge, he is a target because his lack of a plan. When you involve Trump, EVERYTHING is a political weapon. Its how he operates. The overwhelming opinion in the US is he F'ed up. I agree with those people he deserves blame Numbers donít add up , conscious decisions to inflate numbers , falsifying death certificates , and creating a constant state of pandemonium is indisputable . Since you brought up the fact I contracted the virus Iíll use my work environment yet again as an example. We have 13,500 employees. ( thatís not all sworn , 11,500 sworn is the best estimate ). We currently have total of 670 positive cases , 2 deaths ( both deaths had severe underlying medical conditions ) . So that is an infectious rate of under 5 percent . We are the highest risk population of contraction outside of hospital staff . Include the 2 deaths , Thats a .0001 percent chance you die . And thatís being generous again because of the underlying complications both possessed. Now add in the fact we have had minimal ppe , add in the fact for the past 90 days weíve been in contact with thousands of people for ( we will further restrict that to 30 days out of those 90ís dealing with riots being assigned 12-16+ hour shifts with the entire department not getting any days off for 30 out of those 90 ) , add in the fact overlapping shifts in close proximity to each other and rioters , add in the fact our equipment is transferred multiple times daily with no disinfectant procedures taken , unless by the officer , and again the numbers do not add up with the leftist narrative. No spikes in the department , no spikes in area hospitals , and no spikes in the public at all. Yet our mayor and governor have gone backwards and restricted the city back to the previous phase . Your numbers are not accurate on country wide basis, there are almost 190,000 dead now. Perhaps the health make up of CPD is more healthy than the US as a whole.


Where do we see the most ďALLEGEDĒ spikes.......... swing states , conservative areas that are battle ground political statements . Thatís doesnít seem odd at all ? Even the spikes they claim , when you look at the overall numbers arenít major spikes , theyíre being altered for an agenda. The fact that these numbers are being so abused should be a giant red flag of bull****. But the people with no brains who love not thinking for themselves love pushing it. I 100% agree with the initial shutdown , and the fact it was needed to address the medical rush overwhelming our system, but there is no reason for anything to still be fircwd by the government to stay closed at this point. Itís a blatant abuse of power and a political ploy.
...
Go up and read the article about the super spreader pastor in Maine. Better yet, google him yourself (Maine pastor, super spreader) and do your own research how the virus spreads. Then tell me its all a hoax.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-03-2020, 8:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Easy. SN, the NFL and NBA are actively championing this blake guy as a victim and using his situation to be ok with looting and violence and to strong arm the owners in a obvious marxist power grab of earnings. Nope, I have not said one single time these people are role models. All I have said is Cops need to stop killing unarmed black people. Many may be ex-cons, or committing a minor crime at time of their death. Feel free to prove me wrong, show where i ever said these are great americans or anything other than "unarmed black people" The opposite is actually true. They are gaslighting everyone when in reality that blake guy was a felon and had just sexually assaulted the girl who's house he was at when the police were called by the victim and contacted by the police. The penalty for alleged sexual assault is not murder. Police are not judge, jury and executioner.

The Republicans going home is not the same as saying what the democrats were doing was OK. They had a deal by the tyrant democrats to stop killing blacks. Must not have been much of a backdoor deal if everyone knows about it. No amount of troops were going to stop a motivated population from murdering the other population. You think a few troops in select areas were really going to stop some idiots in the back woods from killing a black man? Not a chance. It was a waste of resources. Grant may have been a great and idealistic man, but you can not keep troops stationed for every in the country side. At some point they have to come home.
...
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-03-2020, 8:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Couldnít agree more with your explanation. I would disagree with your numbers. We have seen the biggest numbers of deaths and the initial wave has front loaded those numbers heavily. I donít see the spikes and influx as the year continues to obtain the worst case scenario.

Explain how Trump failed in his handling of Covid ? He put it in the hands of the states to handle , as it shouldíve been, due to the difference ms between all 50 areas. Again I have feelings on how he couldíve donít better , but am curious to see how you feel the failure of Covid falls on him .
https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-away-1054585/
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-03-2020, 8:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
...
You want to go back an look at all the posted videos including the old white man who made it back to his car and pulled out a rifle and killed the officer. Training changed. They will not allow you back to your car. If you got for your car, you are getting shot. You want to pull up the resent video of the black guy in Pen that had a gun in his waste band. Got tased. made it past that. Fought off 2 officers who were not allowed to use a choke hold (control the head, you control the body) and made it to his car and pulled out a gun and shot at the 2 officers. Not sure if they were hit or not. Go take a look about unarmed black men and get back to us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yUnT5aFygg
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-03-2020, 8:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
...
Go up and read the article about the super spreader pastor in Maine. Better yet, google him yourself (Maine pastor, super spreader) and do your own research how the virus spreads. Then tell me its all a hoax.
Virus is not a hoax. The over reaction to it is.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-03-2020, 8:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Sorry, pal. Youíre full of 95sn again. I know two people who went to get tested, filled out the paperwork, got tired of waiting to be tested and left. Later they BOTH received ďpositive resultsĒ sent to them and they never even got tested. Itís a farce. Wake up.
Please, wake me up. You know the truth? Explain away 200K extra deaths on the year. What are all these people dying from if not Covid?
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-03-2020, 8:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Still waiting for the explanation on how to arrest an armed felon?
Easy, shoot him seven times in the back, he still alive, isn't he, what will they charge him with?
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-03-2020, 9:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Clinton balanced the budget because the Republicans took control of congress for the first time in forever and that was Newt deal with America. We also have the fake free money give away in the stock market that helped with all sorts of extra tax money. Perfect storm for balancing budgets.

I do not mind at all the Trump got rid of Inspector Generals. I would try and lop off the heads of anyone who was complicit in the Russian Hoax. As we are finding out now that FBI lawyers changed documents and one of the former IG's said she would not have issued FISA warrants based on the "Rogue" FBI directors fake intel. So, how is it Trump was supposed to respect intel about Russia when his fellow country people were trying to set him up with a political lie designed to hamstring his administration? Of course you will vote for ol Joe who was in those meetings where him, Comey and Obama were discussing the strategy.

You did not seem to mind when Obama was gutting the military chain of command of conservative thinkers during his time in office. Now that Trump does not trust the judgement of some of the top Obama's liberal minded brass, it is a issue?

As far as Republicans and reconstruction, your mind set works just like the democrats you are going to vote for. You have evil people and if someone does not want to stay in their way, the people who decided not to stay were the bad guys and not the actual people who were bad. In the same breath, I am pretty sure you are trying to boil down an overall complicated issue into a simple black and white thing. Kind of like the civil war. Many people make claims that it was only for slaves and others for economic issues. I am sure they were all contributors.

As far as comparing it to today, it is all the same. It is never different. What seems like a great idea but a hard idea gets put into place. After a short time those hard to implement ideas lose their momentum and people want out of the game. Could be cost of life, economics, people at home angry. There are always pressures. Saying Republicans at the time, who had to make decisions to bring the troops home (may as well been a foreign country because we do not deploy troops inside America), bringing troops home was complicit as the democrats who actually were killing blacks is not even the same.

If you have a neighbor who lets his dog out to crap on your lawn but I happened to be out there every night for weeks and it did not happen to your lawn because I was there. Now I decide I do not want to be there am I complicit in his dog crapping on your lawn?
Gingrich had almost nothing to do with balancing the budget. But he likes to say he did and since he's a vocal Trump propagandist I'm not surprised that this idea still exists among Trump supporters. I will agree that there were other events, such as top executives cashing in stock options that helped revenue but that increase was helped by Clinton slashing Reagan's tax cuts for the most wealthy.

There wasn't a hoax with Russia as confirmed by the bipartisan senate panel. What's interesting is how news organization after news orgnaization has stories about this except Fox News, which cherry picked certain details to make it still sound like a hoax. I will say that it isn't as bad as some people thought it was but it is still very probvlematic that Trump will not give any credence to it. And you've listed a reason for 1 inspector general not 4. Are you okay with the next Democratic president firing every inspector general who he thinks might be disloyal? I'm not, which is why I'm not okay with Trump doing it.

I didn't mind when Obama was gutting the military chain of command? You're just making stuff up to suit your view of me. I have many issues with Obama's presidency and how he handled things. You seem to be arguing that Trump should do what Obama did. This is where you and I fundamentally disagree on principled government. If you had a problem with what Obama did then you should not be okay with Trump doing the same things.

I've read dozens of books on the Civil War and Reconstruction. You are trying to over simplify my position. My point has been that the Republican Party, despite being the party of Lincoln, is no morally superior shining monument to black freedom and inclusion in our country. Please tell me where the calls for black inclusion and against black oppression were in the Republican platform for the next 100 years after Reconstruction? The Compromise of 1877 is just one example of Republican failure. Republicans knew what would happen to African-Americans and chose the presidency over African-American freedom. I know there was a lot of different thoughts that went into that decision. But if it wasn't right for them to be there then they should have left before and not traded it for something else.

Your dog analogy is an even worse one than your earlier analogies. I'm sure you can keep coming up with more analogies to justify the failure of the Republican party in this regard. Or you can accept that what happened after Reconstruction wasn't okay and the Republican party failed spectacularly in what its first two presidents started. And if you're justrification is because "people were tired and didn't have support." Then it's odd what Thurgood Marshall, MLK, and a lot of other people did without popular "support."
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-03-2020, 9:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Couldnít agree more with your explanation. I would disagree with your numbers. We have seen the biggest numbers of deaths and the initial wave has front loaded those numbers heavily. I donít see the spikes and influx as the year continues to obtain the worst case scenario.

Explain how Trump failed in his handling of Covid ? He put it in the hands of the states to handle , as it shouldíve been, due to the difference ms between all 50 areas. Again I have feelings on how he couldíve donít better , but am curious to see how you feel the failure of Covid falls on him .
His initial instincts were to attack people (democrats and perceived adversaries) and not the virus. On a national level his travel bans were a joke. 10s of thousands returned from overseas after the bans and with no real quarantine plan in place. While his health experts were screaming red-alert, he was saying that it would all just blow over. After it was clearly out of hand, he put it on the states. Even if it was a state by state issue, he should have been supportive and consistent with his messaging. Example: "We are are all in this together. Follow the local guidelines set forth by your local government and medical professionals. Mask-up and use social distancing." instead he was worried that a mask would make him look weak. It was a phenomenal opportunity to bring people together because the virus doesn't play politics. Instead, here we are Approx 1,000 deaths a day. Compared to any other developed nation, we failed. As much as Trump likes to dodge responsibly. If America fails, it is still a refection on him.

Could Biden have done better? Maybe, probably not, but at least he would have shown a little dignity and a little class.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-03-2020, 10:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Easy. SN, the NFL and NBA are actively championing this blake guy as a victim and using his situation to be ok with looting and violence and to strong arm the owners in a obvious marxist power grab of earnings. The opposite is actually true. They are gaslighting everyone when in reality that blake guy was a felon and had just sexually assaulted the girl who's house he was at when the police were called by the victim and contacted by the police.

The Republicans going home is not the same as saying what the democrats were doing was OK. They had a deal by the tyrant democrats to stop killing blacks. Must not have been much of a backdoor deal if everyone knows about it. No amount of troops were going to stop a motivated population from murdering the other population. You think a few troops in select areas were really going to stop some idiots in the back woods from killing a black man? Not a chance. It was a waste of resources. Grant may have been a great and idealistic man, but you can not keep troops stationed for every in the country side. At some point they have to come home.
You choose what is "support" based on how you want to see the world.

Someone who sexually assaults someone can still be a victim of police brutality. You might think the brutality was justified but that doesn't make it okay or justified. I don't know about Blake. I don't think we have the full story yet so I'm withholding judgment against the police. But it's a heck of a logical reach to say that an organization that's opposed to police brutality supports sexual assault because someone they believe was a victim of police brutality allegedly committed sexual assault. You are choosing your version of the events because it suit your narrative.

Everyone now knowing about a deal made by a large group of people over 100 years ago does not make it a binding written agreement nor does it mean it wasn't secret at the time. "No amount of troops were going to stop a motivated population from murdering the other population." History says you are 100% wrong about this. In fact, throughout Grant's administration, troops and federal officials arrested white ringleaders and offenders while protecting blacks ability to vote, hold office, own property, etc. Democrats wanted the federal troops out so they could fully go back to terrorizing African-Americans and the Republican Party SUPPORTED them by removing the troops in exchange for the presidency.

Was President Eisenhower wrong to send in federal troops after the Brown v. Board of Education decision? The majority of the "white" population was quite opposed to that.

Is President Trump wrong to use federal agents in Portland?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-03-2020, 10:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Explain how Trump failed in his handling of Covid ? He put it in the hands of the states to handle , as it shouldíve been, due to the difference ms between all 50 areas. Again I have feelings on how he couldíve donít better , but am curious to see how you feel the failure of Covid falls on him .
1 year before pandemic Trump cuts taxes without controlling the budget blows the deficit out to $1T
Dismantled the pandemic infrastructure 6 months before the virus hit
Didn't take it seriously in the critical stages in the beginning (15 cases, soon to be zero) and responded without urgency.
Politicized the response by putting himself as spokesperson for it (how many daily press conferences did he do before the bleach incident shut it down? 30-40?)
Continuing moving of goal posts (70k deaths a example of them doing a good job in April)
Simultaneous saying the virus isn't serious and also saying that if he wasn't in charge the deaths would be 2m.
Floats various conspiracy theory's & unproven cures.
Extremely poor messaging around masks.
Inability to unify the country in a war like effort.

The result: $3T budget deficit, debt up to $27T, real unemployment @ 20%, 180k deaths on the way to 250 to 300k. The whole effort has been bungled.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-03-2020, 10:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Reading comprehension is hard huh? I said, "usually." Who's laughing with me? Hmm... Ralph just mentioned I, "can take and give a joke, keep being you" on page 278 a day our two ago. I've also received PM's from others here in support over the last few months. As for the "your/you're" thing, I've only mentioned that when someone has used bad grammar in the process of calling someone else stupid. The irony of that is too rich not to point that out.

Do I think libtards are stupid academically? Not necessarily. On a practical, common sense level? Absolutely.

Supreme Court noms are the main thing he's done. It's also what he's NOT done like pushing the queer agenda.

Also noteworthy is your original claims of being a republican-only to argue the libtard position of almost every topic. You shacking up with 95sn?
Oh, so now instead of the just joking defense you're falling back to using semantics as a defense since "usually" your insults are jokes but sometimes they are not.

Which goes back to my original point then, for someone who professes the importantance of Christianity you seem to be pretty lacking when it comes to your personal attacks and name calling, when it is not a joke. (I don't think the Bible distinguishes between calling someone a fool as a joke or actually meaning it, btw.)

Congratulations on Ralph finding you funny. If two or more people laugh at an insult then it is clearly humorous and everyone else should just chill.

You believing that I argue the liberal position on almost every topic does not make it so. Your position has constantly been that whatever Trump and the Republicans do is right, my disagreement with Trump and what he is doing does not make my position liberal.

Last edited by joshugan; 09-03-2020 at 10:10 AM. Reason: typo
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-03-2020, 12:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshugan View Post
Oh, so now instead of the just joking defense you're falling back to using semantics as a defense since "usually" your insults are jokes but sometimes they are not.

Which goes back to my original point then, for someone who professes the importantance of Christianity you seem to be pretty lacking when it comes to your personal attacks and name calling, when it is not a joke. (I don't think the Bible distinguishes between calling someone a fool as a joke or actually meaning it, btw.)

Congratulations on Ralph finding you funny. If two or more people laugh at an insult then it is clearly humorous and everyone else should just chill.

You believing that I argue the liberal position on almost every topic does not make it so. Your position has constantly been that whatever Trump and the Republicans do is right, my disagreement with Trump and what he is doing does not make my position liberal.
I bet youíre a riot at parties. The type of guy everyone just loves like 95sn. I also bet you donít take yourself too seriously either.

Iím on record here plenty of times saying I donít always agree with Trump and then some. Not sure if your ignorance is willful or not.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-03-2020, 1:33 PM Reply   
If you have then I either haven't noticed it or have forgotten. My apologies. On what subjects do you disagree with Trump? And does you disagreeing with Trump make you less of a Republican or a conservative?

If someone agrees with everything Trump does and calls you a RINO or a liberal then does that make it true?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-03-2020, 1:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
...
Go up and read the article about the super spreader pastor in Maine. Better yet, google him yourself (Maine pastor, super spreader) and do your own research how the virus spreads. Then tell me its all a hoax.

1) it’s a known fact , stated by multiple police investigations confirmed by Kenosha PD , DCP , and DOJ , that the knife was not in his car. He was wielding during the confrontation. Multiple witnesses , multiple videos confirm this. Jacob Blake also has confessed in his interview he possessed the knife. Just because you keep pretending it was in the car doesn’t mean it was. How about a bat ? How about a taser fired at an officer ?


2) as far as someone making 15 dollars an hour living in a 2k apartment affording supplemental
Insurance. ...... Why the **** is someone making 15hr living in a 2K apartment in the first place . The problem isn’t insurance costs , the problem is that person fiscally irresponsible . That is case more often than not these days with the younger generation. Anyone thinking that’s a sustainable lifestyle is missing some key portions of a functioning brain. It’s called living within your means and having a financially stable plan. That scenario is nothing even close to that. If that’s reality in Commiefornia , it’s proof positive democratic have failed .

3) 6 million infected translates to 1.8% percent of American’s infected. 185,00 deaths translates to 0.0005 percent cause of death being Covid to an American. Those percentages are minuscule to the financial impact and well being of how many American live will be affected due to businesss closures and restrictions. Death is a part of life. It’s been happening since life has started . People need to accept the fact people die of all different ways. End of story.



4). My department numbers showed a just under 5% infectious rate , America’s shows 1.8. So your argument is there null because the general public’s infectious rate is lower , Again to be expected because we are in the top tier of exposure . Futher more the death rate of Americans as a whole population is .0005 percent. The departments was .0001 . Awfully close. I’ll give you the health aspect. America has some of the most obese , unhealthy people waking the earth. As a majority law enforcement officers tend to be more health conscious, (although I’d argue our department isn’t the poster child for that ) but again the numbers aren’t too far off there from America’s . Explain why there are no spikes in the department after 30 straight days out of 90 days of contact with 1000’s of other officers as well as the general public. Explain why there are no spikes to the general public !

5) we know how the virus happened. How is that ?


6)I’ve never stayed the virus was a hoax. It’s real. I’ve had it , I know plenty who have , What have said is , it’s not some crazy killer virus warranting a complete nationwide shutdown for the period of time its been. , nor does it require the overreaching rules implanted on its behalf. There is a happy medium somewhere in the middle.

Last edited by xstarrider; 09-03-2020 at 1:44 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-03-2020, 2:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Iím on record here plenty of times saying I donít always agree with Trump and then some.
Fake news. Mark loves the Mango Menace. His favorite fantasy is he is a blond porn star, Mark is giving Trump a lap dance, then spanks him with a rolled up copy of Grifter magazine with Ivanka on the cover. He wakes up sweaty but exhilarated.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-03-2020, 2:37 PM Reply   
Missing from the actual news headlines is all the child sex trafficking being brought down by the feds nationwide.






Name:  FB1C158C-DD9E-4C01-ACAB-0D26EE8438A9.jpeg
Views: 151
Size:  237.0 KB
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-03-2020, 2:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Missing from the actual news headlines is all the child sex trafficking being brought down by the feds nationwide.
I don't get it?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-03-2020, 6:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
I don't get it?


https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...528184%3famp=1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....000517020.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.det...amp/1944177001
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-03-2020, 6:37 PM Reply   
Oh the irony here. Guy who killed the Trump supporter in cold blood was killed by police trying to take him into custody. I love when justice is served swiftly without burdening the court and penal system. One less piece of trash to deal with.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-03-2020, 6:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshugan View Post
If you have then I either haven't noticed it or have forgotten. My apologies. On what subjects do you disagree with Trump? And does you disagreeing with Trump make you less of a Republican or a conservative?

If someone agrees with everything Trump does and calls you a RINO or a liberal then does that make it true?
Apologies accepted. You want some Trump-hate-porn from me? Here goes: For starters, he’s an A-hole. There’s no other way to say it. I’ve never liked him, personally. Who in their right mind would EVER be attracted to him in any way, right? He’s arrogant, he’s not run his personal life worth a damn and he’s self-serving, he’s prone to constantly insulting people he disagrees with (who does that???) and he does a bad job on his hair and make-up. Need more? That’ll take some time. I don’t dwell on reasons to hate my prez like you do.

What clicked for me was an interview he did on O’reilly back in 2012 where he put America on notice and warned us that China was eating our lunch. He was WAY AHEAD AND ALL ALONE in that opinion and it was only revealed to be more and more true as the years passed. That’s how I knew he not only knew about, but also truly gave a crap about this country and this wasn’t primarily some vanity project for him. Secondarily? Probably, but that goes with the territory and give credit where credit is due. That’s also when I decided that despite his clear and obvious personality disorders, he’d make a great prez because he wasn’t beholden to people like most politicians are. Furthermore, he has surprised me by actually governing like more of a conservative than any prez or prez-hopeful since Reagan. Anyone like you who claims to be a R or conservative and still votes for Biden is just cutting off their nose to spite their face and will pay the price in the SC for 25-30 years. Or you’re just full of 95sn and like it, a liar. If you’re truly any kind of a thinking person, that is seriously idiotic to waste a vote like that. You’re hurting the cause.

Side question: Why is it that so many libtards try to lie and pass themselves off as something other than what they are? You NEVER EVER EVER EVER hear the opposite scenario. NEVER. I believe I know why.

Last edited by markj; 09-03-2020 at 7:01 PM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-03-2020, 6:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Fake news. Mark loves the Mango Menace. His favorite fantasy is he is a blond porn star, Mark is giving Trump a lap dance, then spanks him with a rolled up copy of Grifter magazine with Ivanka on the cover. He wakes up sweaty but exhilarated.
Can you please return my diary?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-03-2020, 7:12 PM Reply   
Whoa. Thanks for posting that good news. Letís pray the wheels of justice spin freely without any libtard interference.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-03-2020, 9:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Can you please return my diary?
Sure can, pages are all stuck together. Gross!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-03-2020, 9:10 PM Reply   
Listened to a pundit who said that it's quite possible that Trump could "win" on election night then end up losing after all the mail ins are counted. Can you imagine it, Trump will be calling victory, the numpties will be rolling themselves in flour and self pleasuring. Then when the final count is in trump will be calling election fraud and the numpties will be marching in the streets in their combat fatigues, tiki torches and AR15's. Carnage!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-03-2020, 9:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
1 year before pandemic Trump cuts taxes without controlling the budget blows the deficit out to $1T
Dismantled the pandemic infrastructure 6 months before the virus hit
Didn't take it seriously in the critical stages in the beginning (15 cases, soon to be zero) and responded without urgency.
Politicized the response by putting himself as spokesperson for it (how many daily press conferences did he do before the bleach incident shut it down? 30-40?)
Continuing moving of goal posts (70k deaths a example of them doing a good job in April)
Simultaneous saying the virus isn't serious and also saying that if he wasn't in charge the deaths would be 2m.
Floats various conspiracy theory's & unproven cures.
Extremely poor messaging around masks.
Inability to unify the country in a war like effort.

The result: $3T budget deficit, debt up to $27T, real unemployment @ 20%, 180k deaths on the way to 250 to 300k. The whole effort has been bungled.
Your first two reasons aren’t even relevant , it’s hindsight end of story.


As far as the beginning , his first plan to close all the borders and institute a travel ban was criticized by the left. So he backed off .

As far as the pressers. I agree 100 percent. There was no need for
daily or weekly pressers. It was dumb . Also even more stupid was relying on one tainted central figure to be your expert . The only reason to give updates and talk about the virus should have been strategic , meaning speak when you have something definitive to say. The fact of doing faking briefings really screwed **** up and made Trump look like a fool. The bleach incident was taken completely out of context and spun by the left. It was a harmless statement at face value as a means of Trump speak, anyone who took that statement word for word has an agenda. The conspiracy theories and cures he floated weren’t that bad.

As far as being the face and leading , I felt he definitely tried to to get to detailed in an effort to hammer the left , his personal disdain caused some terrible battles better left alone. Again tho the failed policies at the state level fall completely on their leadership. They were allegedly provided the “scientific info “ from their experts , and the failed results fall more on them than Trump. I definitely believe he should have target the blatant overreach policies harder and forced the states hands as well.

Explain to me how a sanctuary city , county , etc should qualify for any federal assistance . Those areas choose to ignore federal policy. Those areas have consistently told Trump they don’t want him anywhere near their city/ state. Now they want Trump to bed over backwards for them yet while their own personal mismanagementWas to their demise ? No way he should assist them. They want the funds , follow federal guidelines and laws . Plain and simple .
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-03-2020, 9:30 PM Reply   
Rut Roh. More bad news for Covid doomsday believers . Straight from the NY a times rag , testing positive means nothing in terms of transmission or being contagious .......doesn’t even mean you’ve been affected by the virus at all.


https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...sting.amp.html



Using the sample of states they did ( NY, MA , and NV ) 90% of the positive tests show people carry an insignificant amount of the virus , but still test positive due to the current testing procedures being used . If you apply that same discrepancy ( found by the science experts the left so heavily leans on ) in testing they found in those (3) states to the nations numbers , the actual total of infected people arising for the need to quarantine drops incredibly. Somebody gots some splaining to do ,
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-03-2020, 10:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Your first two reasons arenít even relevant , itís hindsight end of story
Lol, you don't need hindsight to know running a $1T budget surplus 10 years in to an economic boom is a terrible idea. Don't take up economics anytime soon!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-03-2020, 10:46 PM Reply   
Budget deficit I mean. ..
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-04-2020, 1:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Furthermore, he has surprised me by actually governing like more of a conservative than any prez or prez-hopeful since Reagan.
I'm really curious about this one... beyond judges from the federalist society list, what are we talking about? My suspicion is that if Reagan were around, he'd be a never-Trumper. Their foreign policies, for instance, couldn't be farther apart, and that's really Reagan's big legacy.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-04-2020, 1:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Budget deficit I mean. ..
What's the exact right amount of money to have in circulation without borrowing it from the future?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-04-2020, 1:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Listened to a pundit who said that it's quite possible that Trump could "win" on election night then end up losing after all the mail ins are counted. Can you imagine it, Trump will be calling victory, the numpties will be rolling themselves in flour and self pleasuring. Then when the final count is in trump will be calling election fraud and the numpties will be marching in the streets in their combat fatigues, tiki torches and AR15's. Carnage!
yes very scary, as the Civil war begins, there will be blood shed. The left will riot and burn building, the right will shoot and kill lefties. Very sad. The right will protect businesses and establishments, as they have nothing to do with race wars or police violence, the left will attach NIKE, BEBE, LV, target, the red cross, the welfare clinic, the mcdonalds, the car wash, the hair salon, the Chinese restaurant, the unemployment office, (wait typo, maybe not the unemployment office) etc

Cant buy a gun, sold out. crazy how many people waiting in line at the gun store to get a gun. I wonder how many lefties have guns? I wonder how many righties have less than 5 guns?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-04-2020, 1:55 AM Reply   
I only have 4, but one is on order!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-04-2020, 2:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I'm really curious about this one... beyond judges from the federalist society list, what are we talking about? My suspicion is that if Reagan were around, he'd be a never-Trumper. Their foreign policies, for instance, couldn't be farther apart, and that's really Reagan's big legacy.
Off the top of my head... Remember the air traffic controllers? Thatís right out of the Trump style handbook.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-04-2020, 3:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Rut Roh. More bad news for Covid doomsday believers . Straight from the NY a times rag , testing positive means nothing in terms of transmission or being contagious .......doesnít even mean youíve been affected by the virus at all.


https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...sting.amp.html



Using the sample of states they did ( NY, MA , and NV ) 90% of the positive tests show people carry an insignificant amount of the virus , but still test positive due to the current testing procedures being used . If you apply that same discrepancy ( found by the science experts the left so heavily leans on ) in testing they found in those (3) states to the nations numbers , the actual total of infected people arising for the need to quarantine drops incredibly. Somebody gots some splaining to do ,
Wow. Thatís a pretty interesting article. Thanks for posting that.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-04-2020, 3:30 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=dougr;2001479] the right will shoot and kill lefties. Very sad.

Whatís so sad about shooting lefties?

I kid.

Are you a movie writer? Sounds like a NC-17 rating.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-04-2020, 5:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Off the top of my head... Remember the air traffic controllers? Thatís right out of the Trump style handbook.
Reagan did surround himself with his fair share of idiots but he had a much more subtle and nuanced way of dealing with them than Trump's "never heard of the guy" act. This story is one of my faves, and really goes a long way to show how bad Trump is in comparison at actually managing people.

https://www.nytimes.com/1983/04/08/u...t-concert.html

(hopefully you guys can see through the paywall... if not, another version here: https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...g=4418,1318316)
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-04-2020, 6:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Your first two reasons arenít even relevant , itís hindsight end of story.

Dismantling the virus infrastructure is irrelevant? In what world? The Obama admin also left a guidebook on "how to" handle a pandemic. Did he use it? No they refused because it came from obama admin. Tell me how basing critical decisions on his fragile ego is a good thing.
As far as the beginning , his first plan to close all the borders and institute a travel ban was criticized by the left. So he backed off . Thats only accurate on FOX news, in reality he did not face criticism. In fact most airlines had already stopped those routes. Ive posted the links proving this several times, stay with me. It also did not stop thousands still coming back from China. It was also too late, virus was here already. It also is too little, that was back in FEB/MAR. It is insignificant. What did he do in April? May? June ? July? August? The most pathetic response on the planet (by the numbers).

As far as the pressers. I agree 100 percent. There was no need for
daily or weekly pressers. It was dumb . Also even more stupid was relying on one tainted central figure to be your expert .That "expert" is still the #1 guy, and only on FOX do they twist his words. The only reason to give updates and talk about the virus should have been strategic , meaning speak when you have something definitive to say. The fact of doing faking briefings really screwed **** up and made Trump look like a fool. The bleach incident was taken completely out of context and spun by the left. It was a harmless statement at face value as a means of Trump speak, anyone who took that statement word for word has an agenda. The conspiracy theories and cures he floated werenít that bad. Floating anything that is not reality is bad leadership. None of them worked, proved more dangerous than helpful, he even lied and said HE was taking it. Trump looks like a fool, because he acts like a fool. Its his own fault. If you dont want criticism, dont say or do stupid chit. Easy. He said over 30 times "It will just go away". It isnt. Now, what if he had said, Fellow Americans, we have been hit by a terible virus. We need to work together on this for the betterment of all of us. Lets listen to the experts. Lets all wear a mask in public, use social distancing. The better and more complete we attack this the sooner we can all get back to Normal. But he didnt do that did he?

As far as being the face and leading , I felt he definitely tried to to get to detailed in an effort to hammer the left , his personal disdain caused some terrible battles better left alone. Again tho the failed policies at the state level fall completely on their leadership. They were allegedly provided the ďscientific info ď from their experts , and the failed results fall more on them than Trump. I definitely believe he should have target the blatant overreach policies harder and forced the states hands as well. Do you have any idea the difference in budget between a state and the Feds? Every single country handled this at Federal level. Trump was worried about being blamed for a miserable reaction to a non political virus, so he bailed. Trump once he was under water pushed the hot potato off to 50 different states ruining any economy of scale, any sharing of data, any federalizing of supplying PPE, tests...50 different not working together. Imnot even smart and i was saying all this back in March, go back and look.

Explain to me how a sanctuary city , county , etc should qualify for any federal assistance . Those areas choose to ignore federal policy. They do not ignore Fed policy, they refuse to assist feds regarding the undocumented because their municipal law disagrees. Those areas have consistently told Trump they donít want him anywhere near their city/ state. Now they want Trump to bed over backwards for them yet while their own personal mismanagementWas to their demise ? No way he should assist them. They want the funds , follow federal guidelines and laws . Plain and simple .
It wouldnt be a problem for California to go w/o fed $, we will just stop paying for all the other states that dont pay their share, thats how trump math divides. All that CA democratic $ supporting ****hole Republican states, as trump likes to say. We are one of the largest economies on the planet. We create more fed $$ than 10-15 smaller states combined.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-04-2020, 7:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
yes very scary, as the Civil war begins, there will be blood shed. The left will riot and burn building, the right will shoot and kill lefties. Very sad. The right will protect businesses and establishments, as they have nothing to do with race wars or police violence, the left will attach NIKE, BEBE, LV, target, the red cross, the welfare clinic, the mcdonalds, the car wash, the hair salon, the Chinese restaurant, the unemployment office, (wait typo, maybe not the unemployment office) etc

Cant buy a gun, sold out. crazy how many people waiting in line at the gun store to get a gun. I wonder how many lefties have guns? I wonder how many righties have less than 5 guns?
Bro, you need to stop drinking and heading down internet rabbit holes.
You are calling for Civil War. Talking of killing fellow Americans. Why do you think guns are an answer? Have you not witnessed how they are exactly the wrong way to work out problems?
People thinking like you are whats wrong with our country. Please, get away from whatever is rotting your brain. Take a vacation from the Web, take a walk, cool off, clear your head.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-04-2020, 7:07 AM Reply   
Welp, there goes the Military vote. Just cant keep his trap closed. Once again self destruction.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/paul-...b6578026cbe159
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-04-2020, 7:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
What's the exact right amount of money to have in circulation without borrowing it from the future?
That's an unanswerable question because depends what the spending mix is and the relative valves to GDP but what you can say is the only time it makes sense to borrow is if your investing in something which has a return like infrastructure or research and development or education. What you can say is spending at a rate almost triple what you are collecting is madness. FYI, current tax take is $2.67T current spending is 6.88T Does that seem like a good thing to you?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-04-2020, 8:00 AM Reply   
https://www.texasobserver.org/new-en...AlcBmBxwCGN5dA

Promises made, promises kept.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-04-2020, 8:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
That's an unanswerable question because depends what the spending mix is and the relative valves to GDP but what you can say is the only time it makes sense to borrow is if your investing in something which has a return like infrastructure or research and development or education. What you can say is spending at a rate almost triple what you are collecting is madness. FYI, current tax take is $2.67T current spending is 6.88T Does that seem like a good thing to you?
In a pandemic? Sure it's 100% OK. As it was OK the last time the debt eclipsed GDP (WWII). What's probably not OK is the pre-pandemic deficits for no reason. Trump's economy was a sham built on excess spending (or irresponsibly low tax collection, depending how you look at it). But in the face of a crisis does it make sense for the government to spend? Yes, absolutely it does.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-04-2020, 8:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Welp, there goes the Military vote. Just cant keep his trap closed. Once again self destruction.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/paul-...b6578026cbe159
More Huff Post lies you're trying to push here. Right below that was "Chaz Bono is so skinny like a model now." A model what? GTFOH with that trash. No wonder everyone mocks you here.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-04-2020, 8:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
In a pandemic? Sure it's 100% OK. As it was OK the last time the debt eclipsed GDP (WWII). What's probably not OK is the pre-pandemic deficits for no reason. Trump's economy was a sham built on excess spending (or irresponsibly low tax collection, depending how you look at it). But in the face of a crisis does it make sense for the government to spend? Yes, absolutely it does.
Again, it's a matter of what the spending is for and the magnitude of the spending. Both are currently idiotic.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-04-2020, 8:42 AM Reply   
Well well well. How the turntables...
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...ight-all-along
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-04-2020, 8:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Well well well. How the turntables...
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...ight-all-along
Lol, that's an opinion piece not news. If you want a counter point listen to Peter Schiff.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-04-2020, 8:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Welp, there goes the Military vote. Just cant keep his trap closed. Once again self destruction.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/paul-...b6578026cbe159
Trump supporters couldn't careless if the mango menace said fallen soldiers were losers and suckers. First they would say he never said that, then when proved they would say doesn't matter.

If they cared about that sort of stuff they would have had a problem when Captain Bone Spures said John MacCain wasn't a hero because he preferred hero's who weren't captured. They didn't care.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-04-2020, 9:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Lol, that's an opinion piece not news. If you want a counter point listen to Peter Schiff.
Go back to sleep! Oh wait. Itís not a school night.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-04-2020, 9:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Trump supporters couldn't careless if the mango menace said fallen soldiers were losers and suckers. First they would say he never said that, then when proved they would say doesn't matter.

If they cared about that sort of stuff they would have had a problem when Captain Bone Spures said John MacCain wasn't a hero because he preferred hero's who weren't captured. They didn't care.
That was pretty bad when He said that about McCain. Iíll admit you gotta hold your nose and just wade through 3/4 of what he says about other people. Itís beneath the office. Love his SC picking ability though.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-04-2020, 10:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Well well well. How the turntables...
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...ight-all-along
So what your saying is another Donald J Trump appointee sucks. Only the best people.
The opinion piece written by guy on Trumps econ recovery task force. lol.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-04-2020, 10:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
More Huff Post lies you're trying to push here. Right below that was "Chaz Bono is so skinny like a model now." A model what? GTFOH with that trash. No wonder everyone mocks you here.
Originally from The Atlantic. It is in every paper across the country. Thought the HuffPost would be the easy read. Do you need me to post the vids of trumpy saying John McCain was a loser because he got captured? He likes his heros to not be captured. How about when he demonized on Live TV the Gold Star parents of dead war hero. There are numerous organizations that have confirmed all of it with 3 and 4 sources each.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...22682245033984
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-04-2020, 10:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Trump supporters couldn't careless if the mango menace said fallen soldiers were losers and suckers. First they would say he never said that, then when proved they would say doesn't matter.

If they cared about that sort of stuff they would have had a problem when Captain Bone Spures said John MacCain wasn't a hero because he preferred hero's who weren't captured. They didn't care.
I agree Ralph, however, I think this will further push away our voting military. They take their service seriously, its generational. Sometimes all a gramps has in common with the grandkid is being a Marine.
The mango menace stood at Gen. John Kellys sons grave and said " When Trump and Kelly visited Arlington on Memorial Day in 2017, the two men stopped at Robertís grave. Standing there, Trump reportedly turned to Kelly and said, ďI donít get it. What was in it for them?Ē He cannot fathom why someone would do something and not get something out of it. He is purely transactional. Reason #127 why he is not qualified, not fit to be POTUS.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-04-2020, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
That was pretty bad when He said that about McCain. Iíll admit you gotta hold your nose and just wade through 3/4 of what he says about other people. Itís beneath the office. Love his SC picking ability though.
Trump didnt make the picks. Give that credit to Don McGahn his former WH Atty. So, whats left to love about a military hating, wife cheating, constitution breaking, law breaking, Putin loving, bible abusing liar?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-04-2020, 10:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Again, it's a matter of what the spending is for and the magnitude of the spending. Both are currently idiotic.

Whatís the exact right amount and where are the thresholds between ďacceptable,Ē ďbad ideaĒ and ďclearly idiotic?Ē I feel like youíve got a lot of knee jerk opinions but havenít put much thought into why you think what you do.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-04-2020, 11:58 AM Reply   
Knee jerk? No don't think so, I've held these opinions since I trained in economics 25 years ago and haven't had cause to reevaluate them. I don't think it's controversial to have as a general guideline don't spend more than you earn unless you are making an investment which returns more than the cost to finance the debt. It's also not controversial to save money at the end of fiscal expansion so you can spend money after a crash. These are my opinions for what they are worth, feel free to form your own.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-04-2020, 12:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Knee jerk? No don't think so, I've held these opinions since I trained in economics 25 years ago and haven't had cause to reevaluate them. I don't think it's controversial to have as a general guideline don't spend more than you earn unless you are making an investment which returns more than the cost to finance the debt. It's also not controversial to save money at the end of fiscal expansion so you can spend money after a crash. These are my opinions for what they are worth, feel free to form your own.

Totally agree when you are earning (or collecting via taxes) and spending someone elseís money. When you are spending the money that you create from thin air, itís a little different. If you can create money, and you donít get inflation, what would that tell you?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-04-2020, 1:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
If you can create money, and you donít get inflation, what would that tell you?
I don't believe you can, long term it always catches up with you. Lots of smart people disagree with me tho.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-04-2020, 3:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
I don't believe you can, long term it always catches up with you. Lots of smart people disagree with me tho.
right but it assumes that you have the exactly perfect amount of money at the outset. is that ever possible? Seems to me it's sorta like taxes... someone's always going to say they are too high, and someone's going to say too low. Nobody ever says "just right."
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-04-2020, 4:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Originally from The Atlantic. It is in every paper across the country. Thought the HuffPost would be the easy read. Do you need me to post the vids of trumpy saying John McCain was a loser because he got captured? He likes his heros to not be captured. How about when he demonized on Live TV the Gold Star parents of dead war hero. There are numerous organizations that have confirmed all of it with 3 and 4 sources each.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...22682245033984
Fox Newsí senior national security correspondent confirmed. Not a good look for the liar in chief.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-04-2020, 5:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
right but it assumes that you have the exactly perfect amount of money at the outset. is that ever possible? Seems to me it's sorta like taxes... someone's always going to say they are too high, and someone's going to say too low. Nobody ever says "just right."
Well up to 1971 the usa was on the gold standard, imo that was "just right" and inflation proof. Since then it's been more and more ****.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-05-2020, 2:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Well up to 1971 the usa was on the gold standard, imo that was "just right" and inflation proof. Since then it's been more and more ****.
If what you mean by "inflation proof" is that the asset doesn't grow with inflation (i.e. your currency will lose value over time) I guess you are right. Look at the inflation data vs price of gold:





And what sense does it make to have a precious resource that is useful in the economy sidelined and sat on?

The gold standard is really, REALLY dumb because it says that only one very tiny sliver of economic output is valuable.
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 7:10 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us