Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-18-2020, 9:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Nat'l mask mandate for starters. Just yesterday, Redfield said the mask is more valuable than a vaccine.
Too bad the WH nixed the idea.
https://hotair.com/archives/allahpun...u-s-household/

In the last week or so Trump is pushing for "Herd Mentality", think he means herd immunity. Thats the new plan?
We are almost at 200,000 dead, 230,000-250,000 or more by election. This alone should motivate the entire country to boot trump.

Why should the federal government pay for masks for the entire country when it doesn’t effect all regions the same ? ? Aren’t you the one screaming financial accountability ?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-18-2020, 9:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
You make a Great case to dump trump over his complete lack of handling this pandemic. Every single country on earth was affected. Trumps response is the worst of all nations, every rich country and S-hole countries did better. Trump made America a S-hole country. Many nations have banned us from their borders. What other president has done that? exactly. Maybe he shouldnt make decisions based on feelings, maybe he should listen to the scientists instead of rejecting their input. Maybe not politicize a health pandemic. Maybe not pit red states against blue states. Maybe take some responsibility.
Man you are completely retarded. The shutdowns causing the carnage are ordered by DEMOCRATS not Trump. He’s been fighting /arguing to overturn them. So again. Your argument shows your idiocy. These alleged shutdown states have been following the science !!!!! They’re the ones in dire need with the most job losses and people harmed by policies.

Breathing in your mask 18hrs a day clearly has deprived your brain of oxygen to function
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-18-2020, 10:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Why should the federal government pay for masks for the entire country when it doesn’t effect all regions the same ? ? Aren’t you the one screaming financial accountability ?
There is nothing, nothing less expensive nor more effective than a simple mask. I buy them 20 for $5. Do you feel that is too expensive? The reason they would do it is to support the idea. Get people used to it. When there is one defined national plan people dont get confused, like they are now.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-18-2020, 10:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Man you are completely retarded. The shutdowns causing the carnage are ordered by DEMOCRATS not Trump. He’s been fighting /arguing to overturn them. So again. Your argument shows your idiocy. These alleged shutdown states have been following the science !!!!! They’re the ones in dire need with the most job losses and people harmed by policies.

Breathing in your mask 18hrs a day clearly has deprived your brain of oxygen to function
You seem confused. I have no need to wear a mask 18 hours a day. I wear a mask when i go into public, indoors. Maybe an hour or two a day. They also do not affect oxygen intake. The people shutting down cities has been to stop covid transmission, that saves lives, slows the virus, reduces numbers so that we can re-open and get people and the economy back up and running. Trump on the otherhand, has been fighting to open the country up while the virus was not controlled, the result is 200,000 dead. We are averaging 40K new cases per day. Do you know where some of the countries biggest outbreaks are? it isnt a coastal location. Its N and S Dakota due to Sturgis and the governors complete non belief Covid is dangerous.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-18-2020, 11:30 AM Reply   
So wait ........now you’re flipping again ?

Now the joblessness , the impacted families and the 6mos of shutdowns are your choice to prove Trump is going a bad job because those states without shutdowns are doing so poorly?

The mask requirements , shutdowns , and pleas for every life matters only when it’s a death have been going on for months. Those cities/states are no better off then they were since day one of the shutdown. In fact a good majority are in financial ruins. So how’s that plan working out. Oh wait. It’s Trumps fault it’s not working.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-18-2020, 11:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
You seem confused. I have no need to wear a mask 18 hours a day. I wear a mask when i go into public, indoors. Maybe an hour or two a day. They also do not affect oxygen intake. The people shutting down cities has been to stop covid transmission, that saves lives, slows the virus, reduces numbers so that we can re-open and get people and the economy back up and running. Trump on the otherhand, has been fighting to open the country up while the virus was not controlled, the result is 200,000 dead. We are averaging 40K new cases per day. Do you know where some of the countries biggest outbreaks are? it isnt a coastal location. Its N and S Dakota due to Sturgis and the governors complete non belief Covid is dangerous.
One question

How many sturgis rally attendees have died from Covid ?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-18-2020, 11:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
One question

How many Sturgis rally attendees have died from Covid ? Did anyone force them to travel there ?

The went there knowing the inherent dangers and risks. People have that right. Just like people choose to skydive , people choose to bungee jump, people choose to ride a motorcycle. That’s part of living in America . The ability to make your own choices based on your view of the risks. Not have some political jackass make it for you. You want to wear a mask and social distance feel free. Others don’t. That’s their right. They know the risk of the don’t. You don’t want to be put at risk.........let the individual businesses decide how they want to handle their protocol , and patronize the business that line up with your views. Just because you’re a basement dwelling non-socialite , doesn’t mean the rest of America needs to be .

Yea this is the guy making my health decisions for me. He seems to be quite the epitome of a health expert.

Name:  D264A356-A15E-462E-B198-685D229AFEF5.jpg
Views: 1364
Size:  139.4 KB

Last edited by xstarrider; 09-18-2020 at 11:41 AM.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-18-2020, 11:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
So wait ........now you’re flipping again ?

Now the joblessness , the impacted families and the 6mos of shutdowns are your choice to prove Trump is going a bad job because those states without shutdowns are doing so poorly?

The mask requirements , shutdowns , and pleas for every life matters only when it’s a death have been going on for months. Those cities/states are no better off then they were since day one of the shutdown. In fact a good majority are in financial ruins. So how’s that plan working out. Oh wait. It’s Trumps fault it’s not working.
1st, nothing virus related is "against trump" we are fighting a pandemic passed thru the air. Its trumps response that is lacking. We would never need 6 months of shutdown, no country did. Most, the places with the worst outbreaks closed down 3 months. But when they closed down, they closed down. Not a half ass attempt. Thats what it took to get numbers low enough to re-open. When the numbers are low enough contact tracers are used to stop outbreaks (hot spots). We cant get our numbers anywhere near low enough to take advantage of contact tracing. Im not sure you are following the numbers. SoCal, after re-opening our numbers skyrocketed. We did a second shut down, required masks. We are now reopening because mask wearing reduced our positivity rates, hospitalizations...Everyplace masks were required reduced their numbers, its how NY did it. Masks have proven to be the best thing we have to control the virus. There is no conversation as to "if" they work. They do. Nothing works better, nothing is less expensive.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-18-2020, 12:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
One question

How many sturgis rally attendees have died from Covid ?
Again Straguy you dont seem to understand this virus or ask the right question. Its not who died who went there, its how much more spread happened. As far as i know 1 died from attending. However (and this seems to be where you lose track) those Sturgis attendees brought it home with them. Then it is passed to family members, at work to friends. It would be difficult to guess how many actually die or get it w/o a lot of tracing. The problem remains, asymptomatic spreading. Thats why everyone wears masks.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-18-2020, 12:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
The went there knowing the inherent dangers and risks. People have that right. Just like people choose to skydive , people choose to bungee jump, people choose to ride a motorcycle. That’s part of living in America . The ability to make your own choices based on your view of the risks. Not have some political jackass make it for you. You want to wear a mask and social distance feel free. Others don’t. That’s their right. They know the risk of the don’t. You don’t want to be put at risk.........let the individual businesses decide how they want to handle their protocol , and patronize the business that line up with your views. Just because you’re a basement dwelling non-socialite , doesn’t mean the rest of America needs to be .

Yea this is the guy making my health decisions for me. He seems to be quite the epitome of a health expert.
If you skydive and fail you kill you. Same with ALL your examples. If you spread Covid, you kill other people not willing to take the risk you choose. You are not the one who makes decisions on who lives, who dies, thats what you do if you go out not masked up. Simple enough? There is no political anything when dealing with a non political virus. Doing things the way you say we would have over 6 million deaths before covid was under control. We cant do herd immunity. Why is this SO hard? Every single country on the planet did what i am suggesting. They are all back up and running getting closer to normal. The USA is the country with the highest deaths, death rates, infections, hospitalizations.....
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-18-2020, 12:25 PM Reply   
Ante upped.

RIP Notorious RBG.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-18-2020, 12:49 PM Reply   
RBG By Falicia
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-18-2020, 4:16 PM Reply   
I was impressed at how every Fox host and guests treated the death of RBG. Even the Prez. They all paid homage to her in very respectful and unique ways. It was common to hear that people didn’t agree with her politics and propensity to legislate from the bench, but they all gave her a fair shake when it came to the ground she broke and inspiration she provided to other women. Dems need to learn some civility from Republicans. Now, we need to get a new nominee rolling and confirmed ASAP.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-18-2020, 4:20 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=95sn;2001966]If you skydive and fail you kill you.

Depends on where you land...
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-18-2020, 7:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
If you skydive and fail you kill you. Same with ALL your examples. If you spread Covid, you kill other people not willing to take the risk you choose. You are not the one who makes decisions on who lives, who dies, thats what you do if you go out not masked up. Simple enough? There is no political anything when dealing with a non political virus. Doing things the way you say we would have over 6 million deaths before covid was under control. We cant do herd immunity. Why is this SO hard? Every single country on the planet did what i am suggesting. They are all back up and running getting closer to normal. The USA is the country with the highest deaths, death rates, infections, hospitalizations.....
Whoops more factual details being covered up by the left regarding Covid. Wow. The trend continues

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFQjwHO...d=3gi37vzlchav
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-18-2020, 7:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Again Straguy you dont seem to understand this virus or ask the right question. Its not who died who went there, its how much more spread happened. As far as i know 1 died from attending. However (and this seems to be where you lose track) those Sturgis attendees brought it home with them. Then it is passed to family members, at work to friends. It would be difficult to guess how many actually die or get it w/o a lot of tracing. The problem remains, asymptomatic spreading. Thats why everyone wears masks.
No I ask the right questions you just choose to ignore answering the most of the time because it shows your mental deficiencies.

It’s already been shown that a good majority of asymptomatic people shouldn’t even be testing positive. They can’t transmit it , and it’s not effecting their body at all. So really the fact they test positive means absolutely nothing. Your constant doomsday scenarios are a joke.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-18-2020, 7:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
1st, nothing virus related is "against trump" we are fighting a pandemic passed thru the air. Its trumps response that is lacking. We would never need 6 months of shutdown, no country did. Most, the places with the worst outbreaks closed down 3 months. But when they closed down, they closed down. Not a half ass attempt. Thats what it took to get numbers low enough to re-open. When the numbers are low enough contact tracers are used to stop outbreaks (hot spots). We cant get our numbers anywhere near low enough to take advantage of contact tracing. Im not sure you are following the numbers. SoCal, after re-opening our numbers skyrocketed. We did a second shut down, required masks. We are now reopening because mask wearing reduced our positivity rates, hospitalizations...Everyplace masks were required reduced their numbers, its how NY did it. Masks have proven to be the best thing we have to control the virus. There is no conversation as to "if" they work. They do. Nothing works better, nothing is less expensive.
Oh I am watching and listening. Your make my argument for me YET AGAIN! These places you use as examples closed down completely. They followed your plan , opened back up and boom experienced positive cases again. So shut down again. What did the shutdown actually accomplish ? Nothing. It caused working people to lose their life’s savings and businesses. For what absolutely nothing , because the minute they attempted to function as a society positive cases went up. Wasn’t the shut down put I place to prevent that ? Guess the shutdown method you’re toting doesn’t work either . It’s absurd to think you can keep a shutdown running for months How many deaths spiked in those areas vs the amount of families that now are struggling. You keep focusing on positive test cases , ZERO FOCUS , on the outcomes relaTed to the positive cases, or related to the closures outside of your “positive cases and transmittal garbage. Again see my previous post about an acceptable rate be destroying people’s lives. The numbers are clear a as day with regards to that.

Last edited by xstarrider; 09-18-2020 at 7:43 PM.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-18-2020, 9:07 PM Reply   
Senator Murkowski on Friday:
“I would not vote to confirm a Supreme Court nominee. We are 50-some days away from an election.”
Murkowski a few months back:
“When Republicans held off Merrick Garland it was because nine months prior to the election was too close, we needed to let people decide. And I agreed to do that. If we now say that months prior to the election is OK when nine months was not, that is a double standard and I don’t believe we should do it,” Murkowski told The Hill. “So I would not support it.”

Can’t trust Collins or Graham to have any morals, they’re as depraved and hypocritical as mark. Romney can be counted on to not be a disgusting hypocrite in addition to Murkowski. For the rest, who knows.
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-19-2020, 2:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Senator Murkowski on Friday:
“I would not vote to confirm a Supreme Court nominee. We are 50-some days away from an election.”
Murkowski a few months back:
“When Republicans held off Merrick Garland it was because nine months prior to the election was too close, we needed to let people decide. And I agreed to do that. If we now say that months prior to the election is OK when nine months was not, that is a double standard and I don’t believe we should do it,” Murkowski told The Hill. “So I would not support it.”

Can’t trust Collins or Graham to have any morals, they’re as depraved and hypocritical as mark. Romney can be counted on to not be a disgusting hypocrite in addition to Murkowski. For the rest, who knows.
You sound really scared..... BOO!!!

RBG purposely didn’t retire as a means to prevent Trump from getting another pick in this term (assuming he wins re-election). It was her final political move. An effort to deny the will of the American people, and honestly, indirectly legislate from the bench for the last time. I believe that is grounds for dismissing her last request, regardless of what any repub senator may have said in the past.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-19-2020, 2:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Whoops more factual details being covered up by the left regarding Covid. Wow. The trend continues

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFQjwHO...d=3gi37vzlchav
No surprise there. The sane people of this country have known that from the beginning. I’m honestly surprised though, that there haven’t been more revelations like this that clearly spell out the evil that is the left and their intentional destruction of this country for the sake of a shot at gaining power. They don’t care about people. They care about power and that’s it. Pure evil.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-19-2020, 3:10 AM Reply   
Democrats have already publicly declared they will not honor the results of the election, regardless of how badly Trump stomps Hiden’ and it has now blown up in their faces. Odds of a split SC decision needed to settle the election are a real possibility. Democrats, thanks to your declaration, you brought this on yourselves. We gotta fill RBG’s seat ASAP. I guess that will be Hildabeast’s legacy-that she forced the hands of Republicans to put another conservative judge in place since she was the first one to advise Hiden’ not to honor the results. Isn’t that a tad ironic she, who tried to light Trump up in 2016 about honoring the election results would later publicly advise Hiden’ not to honor the results regardless?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-19-2020, 4:33 AM Reply   
Anyone see a pattern here? From the lowest, rioting street thug to the highest SC position, democrats have sought to impose their political will on others by ANY means necessary. And they call call Republicans fascists..... Project much?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-19-2020, 6:20 AM Reply   
I can't imagine trump not picking a replacement for RBG, at least 50% of his value to his base is picking conservative judges.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       09-19-2020, 7:16 AM Reply   
"I want you to use my words against me. If there's a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham said, 'Let's let the next president, whoever it might be, make that nomination,' " he said in 2016 shortly after the death of Justice Antonin Scalia. "And you could use my words against me and you'd be absolutely right." - Lindsey Graham
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-19-2020, 8:34 AM Reply   
Oh man. The scared violent Dems are going off the rails. Mf’n and condemning a woman that towed their agenda for dying. You seriously can’t make this crazy **** up.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-19-2020, 11:35 AM Reply   
"Senator Susan Collins, Republican of Maine, said on Saturday that she was opposed to holding a vote on President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee before the November election, and suggested that were he to lose, his successor should ultimately choose a nominee to replace Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

The statement from Ms. Collins, who is considered a swing vote and is facing a bruising re-election fight, narrowed the already slim margin in the Senate in favor of confirming a Supreme Court nominee less than two months before Election Day, complicating the task of Senator Mitch McConnell, Republican of Kentucky and the majority leader, who has promised a vote.

It made her the first Republican senator to explicitly say, in the aftermath of Justice Ginsburg’s death, that she would not support such a vote before Nov. 3. Mr. McConnell can afford to lose no more than three Republicans.

“President Trump has the constitutional authority to make a nomination to fill the Supreme Court vacancy, and I would have no objection to the Senate Judiciary Committee’s beginning the process of reviewing his nominee’s credentials,” Ms. Collins said.

But she suggested that if former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. won the presidency, she would oppose moving forward with a nominee chosen by Mr. Trump.

“In fairness to the American people, who will either be re-electing the president or selecting a new one, the decision on a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court should be made by the President who is elected on November 3rd,” Ms. Collins said."
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-19-2020, 12:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
"Senator Susan Collins, Republican of Maine, said on Saturday that she was opposed to holding a vote on President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee before the November election, and suggested that were he to lose, his successor should ultimately choose a nominee to replace Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

The statement from Ms. Collins, who is considered a swing vote and is facing a bruising re-election fight, narrowed the already slim margin in the Senate in favor of confirming a Supreme Court nominee less than two months before Election Day, complicating the task of Senator Mitch McConnell, Republican of Kentucky and the majority leader, who has promised a vote.

It made her the first Republican senator to explicitly say, in the aftermath of Justice Ginsburg’s death, that she would not support such a vote before Nov. 3. Mr. McConnell can afford to lose no more than three Republicans.

“President Trump has the constitutional authority to make a nomination to fill the Supreme Court vacancy, and I would have no objection to the Senate Judiciary Committee’s beginning the process of reviewing his nominee’s credentials,” Ms. Collins said.

But she suggested that if former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. won the presidency, she would oppose moving forward with a nominee chosen by Mr. Trump.

“In fairness to the American people, who will either be re-electing the president or selecting a new one, the decision on a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court should be made by the President who is elected on November 3rd,” Ms. Collins said."
Only speaking for myself and 99% of other Republicans here. We don’t give a rat’s 95sn what Lindsay or anyone else said any more. Any decency disappeared after the inauguration in 2017. Your side and your now-room-temperature SC justice played dirty pool ever since Trump got into office. You people have stooped so low for so long, it doesn’t matter what any repub does at this point in our book. Because, like gang bangers and communists, raw power and force is all you understand and respect, so your side can pound sand. I hope we ram a new justice right up your 95sn’s before the election, I hope you riot over it and help more undecideds realize what losers you are and that you should NEVER EVER be trusted with real power ever again.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-19-2020, 12:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
"I want you to use my words against me. If there's a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham said, 'Let's let the next president, whoever it might be, make that nomination,' " he said in 2016 shortly after the death of Justice Antonin Scalia. "And you could use my words against me and you'd be absolutely right." - Lindsey Graham
Noted. Don’t care. Replace her ASAP just in case for insurance.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-19-2020, 12:31 PM Reply   
Your delusional rants and endless hypocrisy are not of concern. You are a worthless chattering single-issue known quantity. Just dealing with the realities and looking ahead and what’s likely to unfold over the next 60 days. It appears Collins is a no-go. Unlikely Murkowski and Romney are any different. Graham has had the kompromat knife twisted again so he can be relied on for a toady vote. So two of the biggest wildcards are the Alabama and Arizona races. AZ in particular is interesting as it’s a special election and Kelly would likely be seated by Nov 30, meaning Moscow Mitch would need to pick up another vote somewhere.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-19-2020, 12:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Your delusional rants and endless hypocrisy are not of concern. You are a worthless chattering single-issue known quantity. Just dealing with the realities and looking ahead and what’s likely to unfold over the next 60 days. It appears Collins is a no-go. Unlikely Murkowski and Romney are any different. Graham has had the kompromat knife twisted again so he can be relied on for a toady vote. So two of the biggest wildcards are the Alabama and Arizona races. AZ in particular is interesting as it’s a special election and Kelly would likely be seated by Nov 30, meaning Moscow Mitch would need to pick up another vote somewhere.
Kiss my 95sn. Now, your party is threatening to “burn it down“ if they don’t get their way again. In other words, dems being dems as usual. I hope they do and then see what happens. You will see more lead installed in libtards. Mark my words.

Your party has gone so far off the reservation, you don’t even represent any likeness of what you were even 4 years ago. Radical thugs now. This must be the terminal, stage 5 phase of TDS. Suck it.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ginsbu...t-down-threats
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-19-2020, 12:56 PM Reply   
You know what’s really sick about this? The SCOTUS shouldn’t ever even be a political football in the first place. This back and forth is only because libtards could never win anything through arguing their points better or presenting their best case better so they had to resort to bastardizing the court to force legislation through the courts. Our founders never designed it that way. Libtards, like rats, snuck in under the floor and any way possible to impose their evil. Rotten, evil people.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-19-2020, 1:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Kiss my 95sn. Now, your party is threatening to “burn it down“ if they don’t get their way again. In other words, dems being dems as usual. I hope they do and then see what happens. You will see more lead installed in libtards. Mark my words.

Your party has gone so far off the reservation, you don’t even represent any likeness of what you were even 4 years ago. Radical thugs now. This must be the terminal, stage 5 phase of TDS. Suck it.

Quote:

Wow, two dudes on twitter said something and that’s worth writing an article? That’s like MSNBC writing an article about Grant’s “by Felicia” post. Yawn.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-19-2020, 1:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Wow, two dudes on twitter said something and that’s worth writing an article? That’s like MSNBC writing an article about Grant’s “by Felicia” post. Yawn.
Oh yeah, my bad. I really jumped to conclusions by posting that too. I should watch more CNN and realize all these protests are really just peaceful gatherings where people just talk and share their feelings, singing kumbaya around campfires in a safe environment.

It’s only gettin started and you know it. Just wait until these evil asshats get their rioting directions and Soros funding. “We’ve only just beguuuuuun” -Karen Carpenter
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-19-2020, 1:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
Did I miss your response explaining how Biden is the right choice for law an order ?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-19-2020, 2:08 PM Reply   
Oops. There goes that narrative

Name:  8B2B56AA-0B58-4648-A8F6-3AD95061D188.jpg
Views: 1953
Size:  57.4 KB
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-19-2020, 4:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Did I miss your response explaining how Biden is the right choice for law an order ?

A leader who represents “law and order” should probably be one who follows the law himself right? I get it, you are a cop. Your top issue is law and order. I’m not a BLM guy. That movement is off the rails. I think black lives matter for sure but they’ve taken a good idea and gone ape ****. Cops are getting a raw deal and it’s BS. I think most of us would really agree on more things than we’d expect if we got rid of partisan politics. I will not vote for Trump but as a fellow Illinois resident I will look HARD at the Republican candidates. I’m sure my answer won’t satisfy you. I’m just sick of all the bs. I need to stop reading this thread.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-19-2020, 6:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
A leader who represents “law and order” should probably be one who follows the law himself right? I get it, you are a cop. Your top issue is law and order. I’m not a BLM guy. That movement is off the rails. I think black lives matter for sure but they’ve taken a good idea and gone ape ****. Cops are getting a raw deal and it’s BS. I think most of us would really agree on more things than we’d expect if we got rid of partisan politics. I will not vote for Trump but as a fellow Illinois resident I will look HARD at the Republican candidates. I’m sure my answer won’t satisfy you. I’m just sick of all the bs. I need to stop reading this thread.
Not sure what you’re really saying, but I just read your words as if they came out of Brad Pitt’s character, the couch-surfing stoner in the movie, True Romance. Far more entertaining. Not hatin.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-19-2020, 6:55 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=xstarrider;2001994]Oops. There goes that narrative

That’s gonna leave a mark.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-20-2020, 1:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Oops. There goes that narrative
Attachment 45907
Seriously? No problem being hypocritical because McConnell waited to vote on a candidate For Ten months Before the 2016 election. Why is this year different?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-20-2020, 3:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Not sure what you’re really saying, but I just read your words as if they came out of Brad Pitt’s character, the couch-surfing stoner in the movie, True Romance. Far more entertaining. Not hatin.

Yeah probably shouldn’t post after a few old fashioneds and beers!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-20-2020, 4:18 AM Reply   
It’s really sad that her last words had anything to do with her successor and it’s even more sad that she’d do anything for an A/C or a glass of water right now. Too late.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-20-2020, 6:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
Can you honestly name one politician that fits that category ?

So we agree Trump is the candidate to support of law and order is on your list of priorities .

Clearly what’s going on in the USA today regarding riots, looting , and personal physical attacks based on a political view are troubling to you. You made it clear you will just not vote for Trump. Though your posts simply just state you can’t stand the man. So what about Biden makes him the better candidate for you ? What specific policies or ideology convince you that he’s better ? What about him being elected quells all the violence occurring ?

You live in Illinois , albeit on the northern/western boarder far away from crook county. Illinois has been a Democratic stronghold for years. Especially in Springfield. I am sure you’re well aware of the state of our State . How is doubling down on those policies and putting them front and center on the national stage going to help America ? Durbin , Duckworth , Pritzker, and Madigan politics in the White House would destroy a Nation like it has our state.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-20-2020, 9:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Can you honestly name one politician that fits that category ?
Bearnie, Andrew Yang, maybe Tulsi Gabbard.

Quote:
Clearly what’s going on in the USA today regarding riots, looting , and personal physical attacks based on a political view are troubling to you. You made it clear you will just not vote for Trump. Though your posts simply just state you can’t stand the man. So what about Biden makes him the better candidate for you ? What specific policies or ideology convince you that he’s better ? What about him being elected quells all the violence occurring ?
IMO, the root cause of the current unrest is opportunity inequality, unless you have a pathway to creating opportunities to those at the bottom the system will become more and more unstable until collapse. Is Biden the guy to make that happen? No probably not, he is a corporate weasel, status quo merchant and swamp dweller. But he says all the right things to give the downtrodden hope. What's 100% true is Trump is all about siphoning money upwards not downwards, despite what he says about jobs jobs jobs and beautiful clean coal and wot not, it's big business, the wealthy and the stock market which Trump is interested in, not the working man.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-20-2020, 2:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Bearnie, Andrew Yang, maybe Tulsi Gabbard.

IMO, the root cause of the current unrest is opportunity inequality, unless you have a pathway to creating opportunities to those at the bottom the system will become more and more unstable until collapse. Is Biden the guy to make that happen? No probably not, he is a corporate weasel, status quo merchant and swamp dweller. But he says all the right things to give the downtrodden hope. What's 100% true is Trump is all about siphoning money upwards not downwards, despite what he says about jobs jobs jobs and beautiful clean coal and wot not, it's big business, the wealthy and the stock market which Trump is interested in, not the working man.

Well you’re opinion is precisely the message being spoon fed by the left , and it’s exploited beyond belief. For the record a good majority of people leading/participating in these riots have very well paying jobs . There are more opportunities for advancement for people than ever. The left’s system is what has kept those at the bottom locked there Their programs and the everyone DESERVES a trophy dialogue is complete and utter BS. Those that apply themselves deserve a better life than those that simply rely on the governments ****y to do everything for them. Standards for job hiring are lower than ever, college grants and assistance are at the highest they’ve every been with interest rates at some of the the lowest levels we’ve seen in decades. I don’t disagree that Trump’s focus is primarily big business and the market. , but the lefts focus of constant handouts , lowering of standards instead of raising people’s expectations is a recipe for even more disaster and long term dependency . The lefts belief that everyone should be entitled to the same opportunities is flawed , those that work harder , focus harder , and apply themselves deserve more. I don’t disagree that a kid of a CEO has more opportunities for advancement than the kid of a cement finisher. Wealth is usually passed down from generation to generation as continued if some properly. So people that have climbed to the top tend to stay there if they manage things properly. That’s actually the American dream I would argue . The ideology that a minim wage job is something to support and entire family off of is insanity . Popping out out of marriage or even in wedlock babies shouldn’t net you government funds to support your poor decision of parenting . No single person should be allowed to get government checks their entire life. PERIOD END OF STORY Programs like food stamps and government housing were meant to be a temporary solution , not a permanent lifestyle, and the fact the left supports it as a lifestyle is sickening.

Plain and simple everyone is not entitled to the same opportunities . Different classes of people deserve different benefits for applying themselves. Hard work deserves reward. In general that is the case here in America. The problem with the left is they think no work deserves just as much of that reward. If everyone was given the same opportunities what incentive is there to push oneself for betterment ? There is none. Consistently lowering the bar of expectations and acceptance is a horrible plan. That’s precisely why the lower class of people attached to the left keep staying that way. They’re pawns in their scheme for them becoming millionaires through politics . If the left is so keen on that policy , why don they take the first steps and cut all their salaries , give back their wealth , and live the life of a normal working class citizen? Let them lead by example.

The reason you see riots now Is precisely because of the leftist policies and message . You definitely have that correct , it’s a prime example of what happens to a society when everyone thinks their entitled to other people’s wealth , happiness , healthcare, and success without having to lift a finger. It’s a result of decades of blaming everyone else for their problems except actually looking in the mirror.

What do you think would happen to society of our educational system decided one day to get rid of grades and simply turn everything into pass fail system ? What do you think that would do to society as whole regarding work ethic , drive , accountability , and self motivation?

Last edited by xstarrider; 09-20-2020 at 2:10 PM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-20-2020, 2:30 PM Reply   
Well, according to Hiden’ today, 200 million people have died from Kung Flu in the US so far. Nothin gets by him. He’s about as sharp as a marble and dumb as a box of rocks.

When are you libtards gonna admit he has no business running? This is elder abuse.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-20-2020, 3:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Well, according to Hiden’ today, 200 million people have died from Kung Flu in the US so far. Nothin gets by him. He’s about as sharp as a marble and dumb as a box of rocks.

When are you libtards gonna admit he has no business running? This is elder abuse.
Bwahahahahahha. I just shot some Bang out my nose after that.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-21-2020, 2:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Bwahahahahahha. I just shot some Bang out my nose after that.
Trump will be Bidens age if he gets a second term. His mental sharpness is way down if you watch any video of him a decade or more ago. Both of these guys are at the age where you can just keel over for no good reason.

We should not be electing people who will never live to see the effects of their policies. Both of these guys will likely be dead in the next decade. The damage they do will live on.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-21-2020, 2:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
Trump will be Bidens age if he gets a second term. His mental sharpness is way down if you watch any video of him a decade or more ago. Both of these guys are at the age where you can just keel over for no good reason.

We should not be electing people who will never live to see the effects of their policies. Both of these guys will likely be dead in the next decade. The damage they do will live on.
Well, in Biden’s world, he’s gonna have to figure out how to replace 2/3 of the nation’s population since “200 million” of us are now dead from the Kung Flu. If Trump kicked the bucket, I’d be very happy with Pence.

On your side, that rules Crazy Bernie out too. Pelosi is older than all of them at 80 so I guess that leaves AOC. Good luck.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-21-2020, 2:55 AM Reply   
Trump cannot even answer the most important question facing his re-election, on June 26,2020 Hannity asked the president, "What are your top priority items for a second term?" Trump responded, "Well, one of the things that will be really great, you know, the word experience is still good. I always say talent is more important than experience. I've always said that. But the word experience is a very important word. It's a very important meaning,"
So, there you have it, enjoy the next four years like the last one, because Trump really does not have a plan and shoots from the hip.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-21-2020, 3:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Animals. All democrats.
Hypocrites. All republicans.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-21-2020, 3:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
The reason you see riots now Is precisely because of the leftist policies and message . You definitely have that correct , it’s a prime example of what happens to a society when everyone thinks their entitled to other people’s wealth , happiness , healthcare, and success without having to lift a finger. It’s a result of decades of blaming everyone else for their problems except actually looking in the mirror.
Your confusing equality of opportunity with equality of outcome.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-21-2020, 3:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
Hypocrites. All republicans.
Ditto, animal. Why don’t you go burn something down with your buddies and create more Trump voters?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-21-2020, 5:10 AM Reply   
Quote:

And last week Trump said we'd overcome coronavirus with "herd mentality."

Look if everyone is scrutinizing everything you say 24/7, there will be gaffes. I'm not sure how anyone who has watched Trump could possible criticize anyone for saying stupid stuff.

Focus on policy or barring that cult of personality.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-21-2020, 6:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
And last week Trump said we'd overcome coronavirus with "herd mentality."

Look if everyone is scrutinizing everything you say 24/7, there will be gaffes. I'm not sure how anyone who has watched Trump could possible criticize anyone for saying stupid stuff.

Focus on policy or barring that cult of personality.
I totally agree, but there’s a YUGE difference between a gaffe and the straight up, undeniable dementia Joe has, as evidenced by his regularly not even knowing where he is, so you’re not gonna make any headway with that plea. Heck, even your own vice prez candidate couldn’t stop the Freudian slip of “a Harris/Biden presidency.” As for policy, Joe loses even more bigly there.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-21-2020, 6:20 AM Reply   
Anyone who can’t even answer a simple scripted question without a teleprompter (and then can’t even get that right without making a fool of himself) is nothing more than filler until the real candidate gets in. The thing that should be getting all the press in the dem party is how did camel toe, who didn’t even have enough support in the primaries to make it to the first one get to be the vice prez candidate? Dems, your party has been commandeered by radicals that you should have controlled in house, but failed to. This is why you will lose. We all watched in real time, the destruction you all are capable of doing. You can’t be trusted with power any more.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-21-2020, 6:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Anyone who can’t even answer a simple scripted question without a teleprompter (and then can’t even get that right without making a fool of himself) is nothing more than filler until the real candidate gets in. The thing that should be getting all the press in the dem party is how did camel toe Joe....
Congratulation! It's another first, Mark uses a part of the Female anatomy for a put down, now that's improvement, there is hope for you after all.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-21-2020, 6:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
No. There is no requirement for such things. you realized that black people are only 12% of the population and live in the richest cities in the world. Most whites live outside the cities and in the country side. There just is not a lot of ability to mix.
What about in America? Some cities are 50% black, Do you know why? What caused white flight? I bet they don't even teach that in schools anymore, asked your kids.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-21-2020, 8:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Anyone see a pattern here? From the lowest, rioting street thug to the highest SC position, democrats have sought to impose their political will on others by ANY means necessary. And they call call Republicans fascists..... Project much?
Correct me if im wrong but isnt it hypocritical Republicans that are imposing their political power/will on Americans by pushing another SC pick after they all said they shouldnt allow a vote on Garland? Project much?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-21-2020, 8:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Anyone who can’t even answer a simple scripted question without a teleprompter (and then can’t even get that right without making a fool of himself) is nothing more than filler until the real candidate gets in. The thing that should be getting all the press in the dem party is how did camel toe, who didn’t even have enough support in the primaries to make it to the first one get to be the vice prez candidate? Dems, your party has been commandeered by radicals that you should have controlled in house, but failed to. This is why you will lose. We all watched in real time, the destruction you all are capable of doing. You can’t be trusted with power any more.
You must be talking about trump being unable to respond to softball question like what are your top priorities in a second term...and he could not put a cognitive sentence together. He def made a fool of himself, several times. Maybe you could take a moment and explain Pence's overwhelming National popularity, or admit he is another Trump pawn to attract the religious vote. He was/is a virtual unknown, a nobody that would not take attention or steal the limelight from the orange one. What is Mike Pence claim to fame you think Harris is missing?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-21-2020, 9:12 AM Reply   
they are both too old.. but we have one that knows what day it is, and what seat he is running for again. The abuse is Hidens family, they know he is not fit mentally, they just dont care. They also know he will step down, and Harris will become the Pres. its already been planned from the get go. Games!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-21-2020, 9:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
What about in America? Some cities are 50% black, Do you know why? What caused white flight? I bet they don't even teach that in schools anymore, asked your kids.
Feel free to explain why , and why you feel it should still be taught and it’s relevance in today’s curriculum
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-21-2020, 10:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Feel free to explain why , and why you feel it should still be taught and it’s relevance in today’s curriculum
Why learn history at all? It teaches us how we got here and provides real-world case studies to shape the plans for the future. It is relevant today because we are vastly still segregated. It explains how and why.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-21-2020, 10:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
Why learn history at all? It teaches us how we got here and provides real-world case studies to shape the plans for the future. It is relevant today because we are vastly still segregated. It explains how and why.
Yes again I ask a simple question to validate and argument. Try to see why it’s so important to some. Get crickets OVER AND OVER AND OVER . All everyone does is say the other guy sucks . Can anyone of you people make a valid argument and explain your thoughts and words ?

We are segregated today because a certain demographic cant seem to understand the value of human life and not act like savages.

We are also segregated because like minded people like to interact with other like minded people. People of all heritages and ethnic backgrounds tend to flock and live in the same areas. It gives people a sense of comfort and well being......well in most cases . It’s nit racist, and attempting to force people to be integrated is wrong. Making companies apply 1/3 of their new condos to section 8 in order to get funding is bull****.

Last edited by xstarrider; 09-21-2020 at 11:03 AM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-21-2020, 11:20 AM Reply   
Get ready for another wave of riots. No charges against the officers involved in yet another BLM marquee case

Anyone noticing a pattern yet ?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-21-2020, 11:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yes again I ask a simple question to validate and argument. Try to see why it’s so important to some. Get crickets OVER AND OVER AND OVER . All everyone does is say the other guy sucks . Can anyone of you people make a valid argument and explain your thoughts and words ?

We are segregated today because a certain demographic cant seem to understand the value of human life and not act like savages.

We are also segregated because like minded people like to interact with other like minded people. People of all heritages and ethnic backgrounds tend to flock and live in the same areas. It gives people a sense of comfort and well being......well in most cases . It’s nit racist, and attempting to force people to be integrated is wrong. Making companies apply 1/3 of their new condos to section 8 in order to get funding is bull****.
Show some balls. "a certain demographic...act like savages." Just say it. We are wakeboarders, this a white-guy safe space.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-21-2020, 12:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
And much of the reason that white people live in the same neighborhoods for generation after generation is that non-whites were specifically excluded by deed restrictions (i.e. redlining) from living there until the fair housing act of 1968 outlawed the practice.

So it's only during our lifetimes that minorities have not been relegated to crap neighborhoods by force of law. If you live in a home built before 1968, take a look at the title history... there's probably a "you can only sell to people of the white race" sort of restriction in your chain of title.

Are there "nice" predominantly minority neighborhoods in some places despite redlining? Sure. But they are the exception.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-21-2020, 1:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Because there was segregation. Because it was illegal to own property if you were not "Caucasian". Ive sold homes that in the title CC&R's it still had wording stating the property could only be sold to a Caucasian. We dont follow them, but they are still on many So Cal properties. Im sure many other areas are worse. Alabama still segregated today. White kids go to one school, Black kids go to a diff school. And really, who wants to live next door to savages.
If it isnt taught in schools, how do kids learn it?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-21-2020, 4:04 PM Reply   
Well Biden exceptional mind is on display again.

“I pledge allegiance to the United States of America, one nation, indivisible, under God, for real,”

https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/21...-in-wisconsin/

Poor joe can’t even win an argument with himself.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFaiJLa...=176d90knpgrmp
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-21-2020, 4:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Well Biden exceptional mind is on display again.

“I pledge allegiance to the United States of America, one nation, indivisible, under God, for real,”

https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/21...-in-wisconsin/

Poor joe can’t even win an argument with himself.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFaiJLa...=176d90knpgrmp
No wonder you're such a dip****, watching nothing but manipulated media like that. It's obvious - even without the context that your propaganda site cut out on either side of the clip - from the emphasis on how he says *united* that he's not reciting the pledge of allegiance, he's quoting it dumbass. Unedited clip:

Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-21-2020, 4:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
I never said it should be taught in today's curriculum, I just stated they don't teach the truth and why our cities are chithole cities all across America. They talk about redlining, yes, the cities were segregated, lots of realtors still guide people into segregated communities today. But, the big cities had some of the best schools in the States, then in 1954 the Supreme court ruled that segregation was illegal, so the rich whites moved to the suburbs and the suburban schools became the best in the States. By 1970 all the rich white families had moved out, leaving only the poor white and black families in the city with the worst schools in the State, at least in Ohio, I know the best schools became the worst. Here are a couple paragraphs from https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/whi...ght-2-36805862

[In 1950, Chicago was 86 percent white, with more than 3 million white residents. By 1980, the city’s Black population had more than doubled, from about 492,000 to 1.2 million. At the same time, more than 1.5 million white Chicagoans had moved out. Former first lady Michelle Obama told an audience last year how she witnessed white flight firsthand growing up in Chicago. “As we moved in, white folks moved out, because they were afraid of what our families represented,” she said.
The same phenomenon occurred across the country. In 1950, Boston was about 95 percent white. By 1980, the city’s black population had more than tripled, from 40,000 to 126,000, while the white population had nearly halved, from 759,000 to 394,000. Oakland was 85 percent white in 1950, with 329,000 white residents and 47,500 black residents. In 30 years, the black population nearly quadrupled to 159,000, outnumbering the 130,000 whites who remained. White immigrants fled cities at this time, too, especially since they were viewed more culturally “white” as they worked to assimilate. They distanced themselves from Black Americans physically and culturally, reinforcing the idea that becoming American meant becoming anti-Black.]

So, is it just coincidental that white flight started just when the SCOTUS ruled segregation illegal? I don't think so, but I do know they don't teach it. Am I racist for telling the truth? Just wondering why they can't teach it.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-21-2020, 4:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
No wonder you're such a dip****, watching nothing but manipulated media like that. It's obvious - even without the context that your propaganda site cut out on either side of the clip - from the emphasis on how he says *united* that he's not reciting the pledge of allegiance, he's quoting it dumbass. Unedited clip:

Did you watch the entirety of the video. He’s a stuttering bumbling idiot even with the clips cut to his advantage. The guy can’t keep a thought for 15 seconds. If you think viewing IG links shapes my views you’re as stupid as they want you to be. It’s pure comedy.

Much like this one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFYj-TCj...=1vnpd2xcnx49j
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-21-2020, 5:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Correct me if im wrong but isnt it hypocritical Republicans that are imposing their political power/will on Americans by pushing another SC pick after they all said they shouldnt allow a vote on Garland? Project much?
You’re not wrong per se, but if you had a single, honest bone in your body, you’d know that hypocrisy on this S.C. matter runs rampant among BOTH sides and has for many decades. Do I really need to link the videos of Biden himself as well as plenty of other libtards advocating for there be a nomination in similar times when the shoe was on the other foot? Turn off the CNN, liar and pay attention to what history actually is. Stop coming on here and merely puking up CNN propaganda.

Imposing their political power/will on Americans? Lol lol lol Are you serious, snowflake? They’re fulfilling their constructional duties by filling the seat! It’s what they were elected to do and if they don’t, they’re gonna be lookin for new work. You poor little dems and your TDS... Wasn’t it your guy who said, “elections have consequences?”

If you want a change, make your best case to voters, convince them you’re right and vote. It’s what us sane people did when your guy was in office for two terms. We didn’t go out, have tantrums and riot until we got our way. Those are dem methods.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-21-2020, 5:08 PM Reply   
You should look into overcoming a stutter. It's *hilarious* that anyone can look at clips of Trump speaking these days, especially compared to his interviews 10-20 years ago, and think there is a problem with Biden lol. His interviews are train wrecks. And he has the best words:

As for the vacancy, Trump is more than welcome to put forward his nominee. The hypocrisy on this one rests in the senate, not the white house.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-21-2020, 6:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
I never said it should be taught in today's curriculum, I just stated they don't teach the truth and why our cities are chithole cities all across America. They talk about redlining, yes, the cities were segregated, lots of realtors still guide people into segregated communities today. But, the big cities had some of the best schools in the States, then in 1954 the Supreme court ruled that segregation was illegal, so the rich whites moved to the suburbs and the suburban schools became the best in the States. By 1970 all the rich white families had moved out, leaving only the poor white and black families in the city with the worst schools in the State, at least in Ohio, I know the best schools became the worst. Here are a couple paragraphs from https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/whi...ght-2-36805862

[In 1950, Chicago was 86 percent white, with more than 3 million white residents. By 1980, the city’s Black population had more than doubled, from about 492,000 to 1.2 million. At the same time, more than 1.5 million white Chicagoans had moved out. Former first lady Michelle Obama told an audience last year how she witnessed white flight firsthand growing up in Chicago. “As we moved in, white folks moved out, because they were afraid of what our families represented,” she said.
The same phenomenon occurred across the country. In 1950, Boston was about 95 percent white. By 1980, the city’s black population had more than tripled, from 40,000 to 126,000, while the white population had nearly halved, from 759,000 to 394,000. Oakland was 85 percent white in 1950, with 329,000 white residents and 47,500 black residents. In 30 years, the black population nearly quadrupled to 159,000, outnumbering the 130,000 whites who remained. White immigrants fled cities at this time, too, especially since they were viewed more culturally “white” as they worked to assimilate. They distanced themselves from Black Americans physically and culturally, reinforcing the idea that becoming American meant becoming anti-Black.]

So, is it just coincidental that white flight started just when the SCOTUS ruled segregation illegal? I don't think so, but I do know they don't teach it. Am I racist for telling the truth? Just wondering why they can't teach it.
Thanks for the detailed response.

I personally agree these aspects are well worth learning and should still be taught. It actually shows how much the country has grown and the progress made. What you’re leaving out is the violence associated with the riots at the same time of those rulings ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so their fears were not completely wrong were they? Cities burned to the ground, bodies dropped, millions in property destroyed . Why isn’t their discussions ever on the fact that maybe bringing/allowing so many angry oppressed blacks to a certain area In a short period of time wasn’t the right call ? Rather than blaming rich whitey , blame their own people for allowing that to happen. How do you explain the continued half of century violence that has only keeps growing ? White flight wasn’t still occurring. Members of these communities have more free money , resources , and handouts then ever before. More representation and rights then they’ve ever had. Yet the cycle of violence continues and escalates . How many decades need to pass before we can simply acknowledge the fact people of color are more prone to violence than their white counterparts and that culture of violence needs to be the focus of change without being labeled a racist ? At what point are their leaders held accountable for their continued failures ? You’re now seeing white flight from cities all over again at the present moment, but that’s due to decades of failed democratic rule. So if you don’t want to keep it heading that way , maybe it’s time for a party and mindset change with regards to the inner cities. What if the message was accountability rather then excuses ?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-21-2020, 6:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
You should look into overcoming a stutter. It's *hilarious* that anyone can look at clips of Trump speaking these days, especially compared to his interviews 10-20 years ago, and think there is a problem with Biden lol. His interviews are train wrecks. And he has the best words:

As for the vacancy, Trump is more than welcome to put forward his nominee. The hypocrisy on this one rests in the senate, not the white house.
YUGE difference between muttering a specific word in live speech and completely losing your train off the rails . Not even in the same league . Nice try tho. Entertaining nonetheless
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-21-2020, 6:30 PM Reply   
mmm hmmmmm you mean like this ridiculous softball? guess Trump didn’t get enough uppers that night

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-21-2020, 11:42 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=pesos;2002045]mmm hmmmmm you mean like this ridiculous softball? guess Trump didn’t get enough uppers that night

Your desperation is almost sad to witness... Almost...

For you to ever imply that your daddy, Trump has lost his faculties is ludicrous. It just shows how far your side has fallen. I’m genuinely curious to see how your side reacts to not only a super majority of non-radical, decent people on the S.C., but another Trump presidency. Pop corn ready.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-22-2020, 3:18 AM Reply   
We don’t need any senate hearings, where democrats can drag another judge through the mud with fake stories and other lies for the sole purpose of ruining someone’s life. Nominate on Fri/Sat and vote on Monday. Done. Move on. No need to give dems free air time to tell more lies. We have the votes. Let the voters punish the EVIL dems for their open threats to further damage our country if they don’t get their way-like petulant children.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-22-2020, 3:24 AM Reply   
After the election, time to start cracking heads and protect public and the property owners in the third world, war-torn dem cities.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-22-2020, 5:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
We don’t need any senate hearings, where democrats can drag another judge through the mud with fake stories and other lies for the sole purpose of ruining someone’s life. Nominate on Fri/Sat and vote on Monday. Done. Move on. No need to give dems free air time to tell more lies. We have the votes. Let the voters punish the EVIL dems for their open threats to further damage our country if they don’t get their way-like petulant children.
Totally. Mitch can cite the no-witnesses impeachment trial as the basis for complete fealty to King Donald. No need to vote on an informed basis ... Don wants, Don gets!